• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Touchwiz-PC1,PD1] [100% Stock, Root, No KNOX, No Itson] [4/5/2016]

Search This thread

SpanglishKing

Jan 6, 2015
can i downgrade from baseband version N910PVPS4DPED2 TO N910PVPS4DPD1

Once again I bring to you completely stock builds of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (N910PVPU4DPC1 and N910PVPS4DPD1) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. The ROMs are built from the official Samsung tar balls. The ROMs will self root upon flash and have init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed. These ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. You will have to de-bloat yourself if you so choose.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, the ROM is 100% stock in every other way. It is stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. This ROM is intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base ONLY if you contact me prior to using it. If I find users using my work without proper credits I will report you and make you look like a fool. Do the right thing and give credits to people for their time and work. It's a courtesy and respect thing, nothing more. With that said, I highly recommend other rom chef's/dev's to use this base rom because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. Last but not least, if you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
Mods, etc will be in post #2 below.

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Marshmallow 6.0.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
1. Take the Marshmallow PC1 ota update on your phone. (Start by being on the stock unrooted OK1 rom then take the PC1 ota update)
2. Odin flash the stock PC1/PD1 ROM tar using odin on your PC.

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, software version N910PVPU4DPC1 or N910PVPS4DPD1 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. These ROMs will pre-root your phone using the new systemless root by Chainfire as well as flash the stock PC1/PD1 kernel.

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the androidfilehost MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows") for a good MD5 tool for your pc.

4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, or 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate. I highly recommend doing this for a trouble-free experience.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPU4DPC1_1.0_03302016.zip" or "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the ROM and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Reboot system. The phone will reboot two times while the systemless root builds the new .img and properly sets up root on your phone. It is automated so let it do it's thing. Once the Samsung boot animation completes the phone will boot in approximately 12 minutes.

9. Let the phone optimize for at least 12 minutes (for the deodexed rom) and the screen will show the setup wizard once it finishes. Proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically download the Sprint "bloat" installer and begin installing the addition Sprint apps exactly the way it does on a new phone when you first turn it on. That's it! You're done!

Credits:
@Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Without him we would not have root. Thank you!​
@TeamWin for TWRP recovery. http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 and here

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.

XDA:DevDB Information
Stock-Rooted-TW-Marshmallow, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
tx_dbs_tx
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPC1 - N910PVPS4DPD1
Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPC1_N910PSPT4DPC1_CL7381751_QB8794358_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar / N910PVPS4DPD1_N910PSPT4DPD1_N910PVPS4DPD1_HOME.tar

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-05
Current Beta Version: N/A

Created 2016-04-06
Last Updated 2016-05-07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIK QUESTION guys ,
how can o root sprint note 4 baseband version N910PVPS4DPED2?

is it even possible to root with out issues?
sorry guys new to this ....
and thanks in advance

samep

Dec 8, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUIK QUESTION guys ,
how can o root sprint note 4 baseband version N910PVPS4DPED2?

is it even possible to root with out issues?
sorry guys new to this ....
and thanks in advance

There are risks involved so no guarantees. Following the OP closely is a start but you may want to familiarize yourself with TWRP install, backup, restore and flashing custom mods, kernels and ROMs. The TWRP thread is found in original development forum.

You should also familiarize yourself with Odin and stock tar restore or update through Odin to stay up to date and in case something goes wrong. The stock tar thread is in general forum. You may have to do some scrolling to find it but you'll find it.

Truly, you should have these tools before you begin: Samsung USB driver for Windows from Samsung support (look for support downloads for your phone: SM-N910P), TWRP recovery in the form of tar.md5 for flashing in Odin, latest Odin, stock tar, ROM zip and/or appropriate zip flashes on ext sdcard to flash. And a personal favorite: WinMd5Sum to check those downloads.

Search these threads before asking simple questions. Lots of easy pointers get repeated often...

Install TWRP and make a TWRP backup in recovery of stock ROM. Also make a backup of current ROM (just in case) and any ROM you may want to return to later. Label these so you know what they are.

Root isn't a prerequisite if flashing a custom ROM. But being on the recommended update and installing TWRP is. It gets a bit more complicated if rooting stock but hopefully I've gotten you started.

If you read the OP again, you'll see that this thread doesn't currently support your update which must likely ends with PE2? Check that too. There is a PE2 ROM by freeza in this development forum.

Please don't quote full OP. A simple ask for help would be sufficient. You'll find sticky threads at top in the main forums. You should familiarize yourself with those too.

Ideally, you should have little to no trouble but be prepared.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
tonight I backed up my data and Formatted stuff and Flashed the First older Rom I and when it was all said and done It said I was still on PE2. .
Custom roms don't change your baseband or boot loader, so that's to be expected - if you want to downgrade, a full wipe in custom recovery is insufficient.

But in order for anyone to offer more specific advice, you'll need to be more specific about which older rom you flashed (there are far more than one)

ibedanny

Oct 16, 2007
Anyone having issues with this ROM on PE2? any special instruction I need to install this great ROM?

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
I have been running this Rom for a few months. I had Xposed installed on it. Xposed has been a bit buggy lately, and I've been thinking of removing it. Anyway, this morning, Xposed had an update (didn't ask me whether I wanted it or not), and I got a message to reboot the phone to put the update into effect. But when I rebooted my phone, I now get stuck on the Galaxy Note screen, can't get past it. Can I just wipe the phone and reinstall the Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip file in TWRP (with Gapps, I assume)? Or is there more to it than that? Edit: I see I have the Xposed uninstaller on my SD card, maybe the first thing I should do is run that in TWRP?

Last edited:

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I have been running this Rom for a few months. I had Xposed installed on it. Xposed has been a bit buggy lately, and I've been thinking of removing it. Anyway, this morning, Xposed had an update (didn't ask me whether I wanted it or not), and I got a message to reboot the phone to put the update into effect. But when I rebooted my phone, I now get stuck on the Galaxy Note screen, can't get past it. Can I just wipe the phone and reinstall the Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip file in TWRP (with Gapps, I assume)? Or is there more to it than that? Edit: I see I have the Xposed uninstaller on my SD card, maybe the first thing I should do is run that in TWRP?
You could try that Xposed uninstaller but personally, I'd go for the PG1 update. Better battery stats, Wi-Fi Calling fixes and security updates included in the PG1 update.

If updating, I'd recommend factory reset, wipe internal memory and power down and Odin PG1 stock tar. There is a PG1 deodexed ROM. I'd recommend the factory reset and wipe internal memory again before flashing the ROM.

Gapps is not something you flash over touchwiz ROMs. If you're missing Google apps after flashing a touchwiz custom ROM, get them from Google Play.

Reactions: maltydog

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
You could try that Xposed uninstaller but personally, I'd go for the PG1 update. Better battery stats, Wi-Fi Calling fixes and security updates included in the PG1 update.

If updating, I'd recommend factory reset, wipe internal memory and power down and Odin PG1 stock tar. There is a PG1 deodexed ROM. I'd recommend the factory reset and wipe internal memory again before flashing the ROM.

Gapps is not something you flash over touchwiz ROMs. If you're missing Google apps after flashing a touchwiz custom ROM, get them from Google Play.

That's the {ROM][6.0.1] Stock PG1 | De-bloated | DeoDexed | N910PVPU4DPG1 [8/24/16] you're talking about? I will take a look at that a little later. I ran the Xposed Uninstaller and wiped Dalvik and am at the optimizing apps screen now, so I'm going to see what I have there first.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
That's the {ROM][6.0.1] Stock PG1 | De-bloated | DeoDexed | N910PVPU4DPG1 [8/24/16] you're talking about? I will take a look at that a little later. I ran the Xposed Uninstaller and wiped Dalvik and am at the optimizing apps screen now, so I'm going to see what I have there first.
That's the one. Just throwing some options out there.

Sounds like it'll boot and run though.

Reactions: maltydog

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
That's the one. Just throwing some options out there.

Sounds like it'll boot and run though.

Thanks for that, I will look into it once I make sure it's not too buggy now.

And I feel a bit silly for mentioning Gapps, of course I should've known I didn't need it for this Rom....

Reactions: samep

Melon00

Nov 29, 2012
Muscatine
Losing Root Constantly

I am having an issue with consistently losing root after installing this ROM. I lose it within a week or two after installing this ROM, every single time. My phone is a Sprint Note 4 SM-N910P, and I have TWRP for my custom recovery, which I used to install this ROM, which is version 6.0.1. My understanding is that this ROM is mostly stock, which means it has Sprint Zone, all the standard Play apps, and I'm guessing most, if not all, of the system apps.

What seems to be happening is there is some update that gets pushed through, which is the culprit of me losing root. I can usually tell when the root is lost, because the phone gets really glitchy, e.g. screen doesn't turn on, laggy, etc. The only way I have found to fix it, is to band-aid the problem by flashing the ROM and restoring nandroid backup. I would also like to note that I have "automatic updates" unchecked under "system update."

My questions are as follows:
1. What update could be causing me to lose root within a week after installing a "new" ROM?
2. What can I do to prevent this from happening?
3. Are there any system apps worth disabling or uninstalling that are not essential to the basic functionality of the phone?

Thanks to all for your help on this matter.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I am having an issue with consistently losing root after installing this ROM. I lose it within a week or two after installing this ROM, every single time. My phone is a Sprint Note 4 SM-N910P, and I have TWRP for my custom recovery, which I used to install this ROM, which is version 6.0.1. My understanding is that this ROM is mostly stock, which means it has Sprint Zone, all the standard Play apps, and I'm guessing most, if not all, of the system apps.

What seems to be happening is there is some update that gets pushed through, which is the culprit of me losing root. I can usually tell when the root is lost, because the phone gets really glitchy, e.g. screen doesn't turn on, laggy, etc. The only way I have found to fix it, is to band-aid the problem by flashing the ROM and restoring nandroid backup. I would also like to note that I have "automatic updates" unchecked under "system update."

My questions are as follows:
1. What update could be causing me to lose root within a week after installing a "new" ROM?
2. What can I do to prevent this from happening?
3. Are there any system apps worth disabling or uninstalling that are not essential to the basic functionality of the phone?

Thanks to all for your help on this matter.

You may be on an older version of SuperSU. Google Play may have updated the app. If that happens, all you should have to do is open the app and follow prompt to update the su. There has been security updates that have done that to previous ROMs and earlier versions of SuperSU were losing systemless root for unknown reasons but I think that has been resolved in recent versions.

If something is amiss, have you tried to update manually by downloading the SuperSU zip to flash in recovery?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55256620&postcount=1

Be careful with the debloat of ROM not to break functionality. Using titanium backup to remove Facebook may break auto rotation. You might consider using app manager, freezing or using a package disabler rather than removing system bloat unless you need the system space for other apps. If removing, test first.

One thing I do is monitor apps running in background and freeze the ones not needed. I leave the S-Pen apps alone though. Just watch for ill effects and undo, if needed.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Hold on to your seats...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161209-192552.jpg
    Screenshot_20161209-192552.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 216

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Once again I bring to you completely stock builds of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (N910PVPU4DPC1 and N910PVPS4DPD1) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. The ROMs are built from the official Samsung tar balls. The ROMs will self root upon flash and have init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed. These ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. You will have to de-bloat yourself if you so choose.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, the ROM is 100% stock in every other way. It is stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. This ROM is intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base ONLY if you contact me prior to using it. If I find users using my work without proper credits I will report you and make you look like a fool. Do the right thing and give credits to people for their time and work. It's a courtesy and respect thing, nothing more. With that said, I highly recommend other rom chef's/dev's to use this base rom because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. Last but not least, if you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
    Mods, etc will be in post #2 below.

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Marshmallow 6.0.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
    1. Take the Marshmallow PC1 ota update on your phone. (Start by being on the stock unrooted OK1 rom then take the PC1 ota update)
    2. Odin flash the stock PC1/PD1 ROM tar using odin on your PC.

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, software version N910PVPU4DPC1 or N910PVPS4DPD1 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. These ROMs will pre-root your phone using the new systemless root by Chainfire as well as flash the stock PC1/PD1 kernel.

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the androidfilehost MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows") for a good MD5 tool for your pc.

4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, or 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate. I highly recommend doing this for a trouble-free experience.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPU4DPC1_1.0_03302016.zip" or "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the ROM and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Reboot system. The phone will reboot two times while the systemless root builds the new .img and properly sets up root on your phone. It is automated so let it do it's thing. Once the Samsung boot animation completes the phone will boot in approximately 12 minutes.

9. Let the phone optimize for at least 12 minutes (for the deodexed rom) and the screen will show the setup wizard once it finishes. Proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically download the Sprint "bloat" installer and begin installing the addition Sprint apps exactly the way it does on a new phone when you first turn it on. That's it! You're done!

Credits:
    @Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Without him we would not have root. Thank you!​
    @TeamWin for TWRP recovery. http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 and here

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock-Rooted-TW-Marshmallow, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPC1 - N910PVPS4DPD1
    Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPC1_N910PSPT4DPC1_CL7381751_QB8794358_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar / N910PVPS4DPD1_N910PSPT4DPD1_N910PVPS4DPD1_HOME.tar

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-05
    Current Beta Version: N/A

Created 2016-04-06
    Last Updated 2016-05-07
    Mods
    (my hotspot mods are made to work on both stock odexed and deodexed roms for their corresponding software version. The installer script will automatically handle everything, just flash and reboot and you're done)
    Note: These hotspot mods are primarily intended for stock roms. If you run a custom rom that has a modified services.jar then flashing these "stock" hotspost mods will break those other mods in services.jar, such as reboot mod for MM roms. Check with the rom dev for details on specific mods used in their roms before flashing these. In any case, these hotspot mods will work fine even if other mods in a custom rom get replaced by the stock java classes. No harm either way, you would simply be without the custom mods.

Sorry it took so long to get this rom posted. i've had it done for several days, i just didn't post it. Anyways, it's good to go!
    Thanks again @xbmoyx even if you miss the mark a little with the fm thing the others were spot on.

Btw, who is using the unofficial deodexed PD1 mentioned here that @tx_dbs_tx uploaded recently? I would like to flash that one if there are no problems with it.
    This weekend I gotta jump to MM either pc1 or pd1.

Thanks a lot crew for keeping our Note 4 alive and kicking!

My deodexed PD1 rom is good to go. I just haven't posted it in a thread yet. I've been busy with another rom project that takes up my free time. I'll try to add the PD1 rom to the existing stock rom thread and unify things a bit.

Edit: OP as well as the thread title has been updated and now includes my latest PD1 rom. Sorry for not posting it sooner. Enjoy.

BTW, Please make heated un rom related discussions via PM. please respect my threads as i respect everybody and do my best to be as informative and helpful as possible with respect to all of you. I expect you all to act the same. No need to give people a hard time, just let it go and try not to take things the wrong way which tends to happen a lot when reading posts. Thank you.
    Hi people! Does private mode work for you after flashing kernel? Can someone check for me?
    Im on tx_dbs_tx stock deodexed pd1 + freeza kernel r41
    Private mode has nothing to do with the kernel and it should work fine regardless of the kernel.

Any update to when will this rom be released with moar mods?

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app
    This rom will not be updated or customized. I will not be building a custom rom based on our native N4 software.
    I devote my time to building amazing N5/S7 port instead. My time is better spent on the newer TW software with new features etc. The new port roms will be coming very soon.

Op said he's working on a note 5 port instead

Exactly!