[ROM][TREBLE][07/08/2020][9.X] Haky86's LineageOS 16.0 Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mahdi.h22

Dec 22, 2017

kfatah22

Oct 6, 2013
quick question ... I have installed magisk on this ROM and on AOSPEX ... it is installed but mods that require system modification are not functioning like viper and substratum theming .... I can not edit permissions using root explorer although the device is magisk rooted ... one error came up along the way that the device is encrypted for some reason ... any idea how to fix this?

mahdi.h22

Dec 22, 2017
quick question ... I have installed magisk on this ROM and on AOSPEX ... it is installed but mods that require system modification are not functioning like viper and substratum theming .... I can not edit permissions using root explorer although the device is magisk rooted ... one error came up along the way that the device is encrypted for some reason ... any idea how to fix this?

tell me which magisk did u used?
:cool:

kfatah22

Oct 6, 2013
Thanks for your awesome work haky, quick question ... data is not working as soon as rom starts !! is there a fix or I messed sth up ?

Graveen

Nov 21, 2010
www.dolserver.net
Guys, how would you rate this rom performance related to Oreo ROMS like OpenKirin RROS in example ?
I have troubles evaluating the roms for ie gaming.
Thank you, and kudos Haky, as ever.

chalima

Sep 15, 2007
Installing on PRA-LX1

Hello,
I am a bit out of the loop on PRA-LX1 development, but I was previously on Lineage 14.1, and I wanted to upgrade to one of the newer roms about.

I have updated my phone to Oreo via HuRupdater, and installed TWRP (the one by Dil3mm4 TWRP 3.2.1-0 May 15th).

I am trying to install this ROM, and I get the error as follows:
E3004; This Package is for device; hi6250; this device is prague
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

Do I have to take any additional steps to get this working correctly?

Thanks!

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hello,
I am a bit out of the loop on PRA-LX1 development, but I was previously on Lineage 14.1, and I wanted to upgrade to one of the newer roms about.

I have updated my phone to Oreo via HuRupdater, and installed TWRP (the one by Dil3mm4 TWRP 3.2.1-0 May 15th).

I am trying to install this ROM, and I get the error as follows:
E3004; This Package is for device; hi6250; this device is prague
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

Do I have to take any additional steps to get this working correctly?

Thanks!
This rom isn't compatible with emui 5.x, be sure to have emui 8.x first then flash this twrp
https://xdaforums.com/9-lite/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-t3789306 by flashing .2 test image as recovery_ramdisk then flash my los 16.0

flachdasfuq

Feb 22, 2015
Is there a way to restore files from google cloud? I flashed the gapps and when I started the "Android Setup" thingy it always crashed after the restoring from google cloud step.

chalima

Sep 15, 2007
Hi,
So I have this working and installed now. It's mostly working fine, a few issues I have found:

1. On first boot, the setup crashed a few times, restarting seemed to resolve it.
2. I am getting low storage notifications. I can't download anything to internal storage, nor does it save screenshots. (for example) I would include a screenshot, but it doesn't save them.
3. Android Setup never finishes. I have Android Setup running all the time now, and it is installing my apps and is stuck on 83 of 98. I wonder if it never finishes because of the above.
- edit - it is just very slow.

Magisks Manager is working fine. I get a ctsProfile; false alert. I think I might need to change the fingerprint, but I am not sure which device to change it to. On my LG G6, I changed it to V30 for example

Last edited:

chalima

Sep 15, 2007
So I have been using this for a day or so and I have the following issues:
1. I can't register my fingerprint. I am pretty sure I resolved it last time by running the following from ADB shell, but it doesn't seem to be working this time. Can anyone confirm?
~ # rm -rf /data/system/users/0/fpdata
~ # rm /data/system/users/0/settings_fingerprint.xml

2. I can't write to the internal SD, it shows as permission denied. No idea what is happening here. I have an external SD card so I can still use it a little bit. Has anyone had this issue?

Chueven

Jul 24, 2018
I followed carefully every step from this guide, also the TWRP from Askuccio as you stated in your OP. Still, got my phone bricked for whoever know why.
bootloader was unlocked, i had an oreo 8.0 system in it when i unlocked the bootloader, then i flashed the recovery, rebooting, flashing lineage, good, 10 seconds of loading and BAM, bootloop.
Thinking it was a recovery issue, i tried installing the Pretoriano80 version as you adviced in another post, RIP, can't access neither erecovery nor recovery_ramdisk. Both bugged.. stuck at TWRP logo and won't go any further. It's been 3 hours now.
What can I do about it?

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
I followed carefully every step from this guide, also the TWRP from Askuccio as you stated in your OP. Still, got my phone bricked for whoever know why.
bootloader was unlocked, i had an oreo 8.0 system in it when i unlocked the bootloader, then i flashed the recovery, rebooting, flashing lineage, good, 10 seconds of loading and BAM, bootloop.
Thinking it was a recovery issue, i tried installing the Pretoriano80 version as you adviced in another post, RIP, can't access neither erecovery nor recovery_ramdisk. Both bugged.. stuck at TWRP logo and won't go any further. It's been 3 hours now.
What can I do about it?

if stuck at twrp logo run:
adb shell
rm -rf /data
reboot recovery

Reactions: Chueven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Requirements:
    • Honor 9 Lite TWRP.
    • Unlocked Bootloader.

Working:
    • Audio.
    • Bluetooth.
    • Camera.
    • Display.
    • Graphics.
    • Lights.
    • NFC.
    • RIL.
    • Sensors.
    • Storages.
    • Wifi.

Bugs:
    • TELL ME ;)
    • I'm not responsible of your bootloop if you did not follow steps.

Installaion Guide:
    • Download latest build.
    • Reboot to TWRP and flash it like AEX.
    • Reboot, enjoy the rom.

Downloads:

Gapps:

Recommendation:
    • Once boot may got some warning messages about media, download this RECOVERY_RAMDISK.
    • Reboot to TWRP.
    • Flash it as Recovery Ramdisk and run factory reset and all those annoying errors will gone.

Kernel GPL:
    • I'm not violating any kind of license since my ROMs used the stock kernel come with Emui 8.x called kernel.img so all credits goes to Huawei.

Notes:
    • To fix distorting audio while playing media: open AudioFX and disable it.
    • Some features might result missed that's depend on LineageOS developments.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS P8 Lite 2017, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    haky 86, flex1911
    Source Code: http://github.com/hak86

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-12-18
    Beta Release Date: 2018-12-17

Created 2018-12-18
    Last Updated 2018-12-17

edit: I'm not gonna to release more builds, even if ble fixed or not.
    Haky sono riuscito a fare funzionare tutto alla perfezione ma questo continua a darmi problemi ti do il link: https://is.gd/AudioCompatibilityPatch, se puoi per favore riesci a integralo nel lineage 16? grazie.
    You know that this is an international forum, and so in way to let being this post useful for other users also you should always include the original post in english language if you just want to talk in your mother tongue, ain't you? Haky had already told you this before.
    ** ROM **

Check the screenshots below to see my TicWatch with fit feature working flawless on my P8 Lite 2017, so don't know about Mi Fit.
    Is Pie Controls (Swipe up etc) crashing one of the issues caused by Lineage? I read something about it days ago, but maybe it could be fixed now, are them working?

Mostly depend on their developments, isn't official even on my LePro3. we have to wait a bit.