[ROM][TREBLE][07/08/2020][9.X] Haky86's LineageOS 16.0 Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
Please I know it's offtopic but can someone reupload the recovery from IUME TEAM? Their links are dead. Thanks!

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015

Yes, but do you have the img only?
I want to go from eRecovery to TWRP, I have everything officially unlocked but when I try to flash the recovery.img that is inside the TWRP folder of the zip file the phone always load the eRecovery like nothing is flashed.

I also tried adb and fastboot commands reboot recovery and the same, it loads to eRecovery.
Now it says Attention Please Update System Again in bootloader. What can I do? Thanks!
OK, after some restarts the phone booted to android but now is bootloader screwed? I read in another topic that I had to flash recovery like: fastboot flash recovery2 recovery.img and that's when the problem started.
Can you share original recovery please? Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018
Bari
Yes, but do you have the img only?
I want to go from eRecovery to TWRP, I have everything officially unlocked but when I try to flash the recovery.img that is inside the TWRP folder of the zip file the phone always load the eRecovery like nothing is flashed.

I also tried adb and fastboot commands reboot recovery and the same, it loads to eRecovery.
Now it says Attention Please Update System Again in bootloader. What can I do? Thanks!
OK, after some restarts the phone booted to android but now is bootloader screwed? I read in another topic that I had to flash recovery like: fastboot flash recovery2 recovery.img and that's when the problem started.
Can you share original recovery please? Thanks
try this: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img
P.s. to enter in twrp you need to hold down vol up and power button
P.P.s. twrp don't replace eRecovery, in fact this two recovery will coexists on you phone.

Last edited:

Jhon_Locke

May 16, 2015
try this: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery.img
P.s. to enter in twrp you need to hold down vol up and power button
P.P.s. twrp don't replace eRecovery, in fact this two recovery will coexists on you phone.

Thanks, will try that, hope it helps.
When I first flashed the recovery I tried holding the buttons but the phone booted to that message saying that my phone is unlocked and then it went directly to eRecovery, tried reboot commands on fastboot and adb and the same, I hope that with recovery_ramdisk it works.
Will report back as soon as I can, thanks again!

edyn121

Nov 30, 2014
London
Hi, haky!
I've been having this phone for quite some time, but I got tired of the EMUI interface and of the way Huawei seems to treat this model promising huge improvements while delivering almost none.
I would love to try your Lineage 16 since it's Android Pie and I have been very impressed with it. The major issue is that this will obviously result in me losing all of my data, which is something that I cannot afford at any point. Is there anything that would make a backup of my internal storage and especially contacts, text messages, call logs etc? Something very similar to Phone Clone, but over cloud or something.
I don't know too much about how custom ROMs work, so excuse this next question: How many of the Android Pie features does this version of Lineage OS contain? To me, it looks very similar to EMUI 8 (navigation bar instead of gestures being the main feature I'm concerned about). Is there themeing available?
Thank you very much for your time and I'm looking forward to switching to Lineage OS as soon as possible.
All the best!

cyclistefou

Apr 19, 2012
Near Lausanne
Redmi Note 8
Do u rly need askuccion twrp? Use twrp from here.
Thanks a lot for answer. I have no TWRP preference, I just want it to be compatible and Haky86 tells that Askuccio's TWRP is the one to use. I just want the operation to work without bricking my device, that's all ;)
Update: I just followed the link on Haky86's page that you referred me to, and it points to a MEGA download without identification of the author. Is there a way to know where that TWRP build is développed, an XDA thread maybe? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Dejvid50

Dec 11, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Thanks a lot for answer. I have no TWRP preference, I just want it to be compatible and Haky86 tells that Askuccio's TWRP is the one to use. I just want the operation to work without bricking my device, that's all ;)
Update: I just followed the link on Haky86's page that you referred me to, and it points to a MEGA download without identification of the author. Is there a way to know where that TWRP build is développed, an XDA thread maybe? Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can use askuccio TWRP I was use to flash LOS 16.0 on my P10 Lite without any problems, but anyway backup everything :good:

edyn121

Nov 30, 2014
London
Hi, guys! Is there a guide out there as to how to root a Huawei phone running Lineage OS using Magisk? I flashed the zip once and it messed everything up and I had to reinstall everything again. I really don't want to risk anymore. :(

z1rqdym

Dec 21, 2015
Hi, guys! Is there a guide out there as to how to root a Huawei phone running Lineage OS using Magisk? I flashed the zip once and it messed everything up and I had to reinstall everything again. I really don't want to risk anymore. :(

dont root your device with topjohnwu's original magisk. Use ianmacd magisk to root your device then install magisk manager from ianmacd

https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds

Reactions: edyn121

edyn121

Nov 30, 2014
London
Thank you!
Do you recommend any installation steps to follow? Do I install via TWRP (zip flash) and if so, which one? I see there are lots and lots of versions there and I'm not sure which one to pick. I'm trying to be extra careful this time since I cannot afford another reinstallation.

RedSkull23

Thank you!
Do you recommend any installation steps to follow? Do I install via TWRP (zip flash) and if so, which one? I see there are lots and lots of versions there and I'm not sure which one to pick. I'm trying to be extra careful this time since I cannot afford another reinstallation.
Just like normal Magisk, flash this zip through TWRP - https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds/raw/master/Magisk-v18.2-2019022802-ianmacd.zip - it's latest Ianmacd's build, then install latest Magisk Manager app as normal APK. Here's the link for it - https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds/raw/master/MagiskManager-v7.0.1-2019022802-ianmacd.apk

Or, can choose to directly install Magisk through Magisk Manager. Install the app first, then tap on "install" and then choose the 3rd option, "direct installation (recommended)". Once done, reboot and you're done (that's how i installed it).

Last edited:

edyn121

Nov 30, 2014
London
Just like normal Magisk, flash this zip through TWRP - https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds/raw/master/Magisk-v18.2-2019022802-ianmacd.zip - it's latest Ianmacd's build, then install latest Magisk Manager app as normal APK. Here's the link for it - https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds/raw/master/MagiskManager-v7.0.1-2019022802-ianmacd.apk

Or, can choose to directly install Magisk through Magisk Manager. Install the app first, then tap on "install" and then choose the 3rd option, "direct installation (recommended)". Once done, reboot and you're done (that's how i installed it).

Thank you! Now I'm kinda stuck with the fact that data isn't working and I can't seem to add any APNs. I checked the telephony.db file and it seems to be completely empty, so the phone can't even store APNs in it. How can I get an intact telephony.db file which I can edit to add the APN settings for my network (Vodafone UK)?

DunoCZ

Feb 21, 2016
Nice ROM everything is smooth, only setup wizard was little bit buggy and on firt start i must flast the RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img and delete data throught erecovery.
My recommendation is installing magisk and flashing GPU turbo (smoother and more battery).

+REP haky86 rules again ?

Reactions: Rtuga and haky 86

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
** ROM **

Check the screenshots below to see my TicWatch with fit feature working flawless on my P8 Lite 2017, so don't know about Mi Fit.

Attachments

• photo5866305077680123874.jpg
    photo5866305077680123874.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 270
  • photo5866305077680123875.jpg
    photo5866305077680123875.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 269

z1rqdym

Dec 21, 2015
safetynet cts and basic are false, tried every single solution on xda not working. Every time i flash this rom comes with magisk rooted with magisk manger too how is it possible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Requirements:
    • Honor 9 Lite TWRP.
    • Unlocked Bootloader.

Working:
    • Audio.
    • Bluetooth.
    • Camera.
    • Display.
    • Graphics.
    • Lights.
    • NFC.
    • RIL.
    • Sensors.
    • Storages.
    • Wifi.

Bugs:
    • TELL ME ;)
    • I'm not responsible of your bootloop if you did not follow steps.

Installaion Guide:
    • Download latest build.
    • Reboot to TWRP and flash it like AEX.
    • Reboot, enjoy the rom.

Downloads:

Gapps:

Recommendation:
    • Once boot may got some warning messages about media, download this RECOVERY_RAMDISK.
    • Reboot to TWRP.
    • Flash it as Recovery Ramdisk and run factory reset and all those annoying errors will gone.

Kernel GPL:
    • I'm not violating any kind of license since my ROMs used the stock kernel come with Emui 8.x called kernel.img so all credits goes to Huawei.

Notes:
    • To fix distorting audio while playing media: open AudioFX and disable it.
    • Some features might result missed that's depend on LineageOS developments.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS P8 Lite 2017, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    haky 86, flex1911
    Source Code: http://github.com/hak86

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-12-18
    Beta Release Date: 2018-12-17

Created 2018-12-18
    Last Updated 2018-12-17

edit: I'm not gonna to release more builds, even if ble fixed or not.
    Haky sono riuscito a fare funzionare tutto alla perfezione ma questo continua a darmi problemi ti do il link: https://is.gd/AudioCompatibilityPatch, se puoi per favore riesci a integralo nel lineage 16? grazie.
    You know that this is an international forum, and so in way to let being this post useful for other users also you should always include the original post in english language if you just want to talk in your mother tongue, ain't you? Haky had already told you this before.
    ** ROM **

Check the screenshots below to see my TicWatch with fit feature working flawless on my P8 Lite 2017, so don't know about Mi Fit.
    Is Pie Controls (Swipe up etc) crashing one of the issues caused by Lineage? I read something about it days ago, but maybe it could be fixed now, are them working?

Mostly depend on their developments, isn't official even on my LePro3. we have to wait a bit.