• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Treble][8.1][04/05] AICP for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (all variants)

Search This thread

Dil3mm4

Mar 22, 2018
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

instructions.png

Flashable via adb with
Code:
fastboot flash system <imagename>
plus /data partition wipe via TWRP

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

downloads.png

AICP-CARNERA

issues.png

You tell... :p

Using the ROM:

Q. How do I enable software buttons?
A. Go to Aicp Extras/Navigation bar, and enable it.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

Changelog

-VoLTE support added (may or may not work, that's definetely low on my priority list, don't even mind to report errors about it)
-Adaptive brightness is now working
-Sim hotswap enabled
-BLE is now supported
-Fixes for some in the hood Huawei quirks
-Ambient Display is now supported
-Gapps are now included
-Facedetection should be there as well (untested)
-Upstreamed to r20
-Some more fixes for LTE signal (let's hope that's the final one)
-Built-in Google Assistant
-EMUI8 power profile enabled
-Offline charging fixed
-There should be no more vendor related messages on boot
-Compatibility matrix from EMUI8 added
-Fingerprint Gestures should be now supported
-Better headphones recognizing
-Some Bluetooth drops should be gone
-Battery stats are now perfectly working
-Finally we should get rid of the incorrect signal displaying
-Enhancing EMUI 8 power profile
-Revert fingerprint navigation (it's not working and that's definitely low in my priority list)
-Enhancing compatibility matrix
-inherit some Huawei stuff
-solved a bug which was making RRos wallpaper to not work on the latest builds
-changing builds name to identify them easily (they will have alphabetic order) the first one is entitled to Muhammed Ali
-Fixed led issues while in charge (booted OS)
-There should be less Bluetooth quirks. (I don't have a lot device to test this out, so please do report)
-Better LTE overlay
-Adaptive Backlight support
-Intrusive LED
-Nightmode is now working
-Enhanced Doze mode
-F2FS fixes (some users that reported quirks about crashing apps should be now ok)
-Triple pressing the power button sets higher brightness
-All screen rotations
-Multiuser
-Security Patch Date is now fixed
-Fix for unacessible files over external SDCard
-Bluetooth Fixes for Kirin 65x devices

Kernel and GPL concerns
I'm actually not violating any GPL license due to the unreleased kernel source from Huawei.
The kernel used here, it's just the stock one without anykind of modification.
As the kernel sources will be released by our beloved Huawei Opensource department, it'll be added over here.

Support
I'm do offering support and some chitty-chat times over this Telegram group (over XDA support of course).
Feel free to join.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Additional links:
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP on Github

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
AICP, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
dil3mm4.dev, phhusson
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8 or other Android 8 ROM.

Version Information

Created 2018-05-04
Last Updated 2018-05-04

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the LAOS team will if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

instructions.png

Flashable via adb with
    Code:
    fastboot flash system <imagename>
    plus /data partition wipe via TWRP

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

downloads.png

AICP-CARNERA

issues.png

You tell... :p

Using the ROM:

Q. How do I enable software buttons?
    A. Go to Aicp Extras/Navigation bar, and enable it.

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
    A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

Changelog

-VoLTE support added (may or may not work, that's definetely low on my priority list, don't even mind to report errors about it)
    -Adaptive brightness is now working
    -Sim hotswap enabled
    -BLE is now supported
    -Fixes for some in the hood Huawei quirks
    -Ambient Display is now supported
    -Gapps are now included
    -Facedetection should be there as well (untested)
    -Upstreamed to r20
    -Some more fixes for LTE signal (let's hope that's the final one)
    -Built-in Google Assistant
    -EMUI8 power profile enabled
    -Offline charging fixed
    -There should be no more vendor related messages on boot
    -Compatibility matrix from EMUI8 added
    -Fingerprint Gestures should be now supported
    -Better headphones recognizing
    -Some Bluetooth drops should be gone
    -Battery stats are now perfectly working
    -Finally we should get rid of the incorrect signal displaying
    -Enhancing EMUI 8 power profile
    -Revert fingerprint navigation (it's not working and that's definitely low in my priority list)
    -Enhancing compatibility matrix
    -inherit some Huawei stuff
    -solved a bug which was making RRos wallpaper to not work on the latest builds
    -changing builds name to identify them easily (they will have alphabetic order) the first one is entitled to Muhammed Ali
    -Fixed led issues while in charge (booted OS)
    -There should be less Bluetooth quirks. (I don't have a lot device to test this out, so please do report)
    -Better LTE overlay
    -Adaptive Backlight support
    -Intrusive LED
    -Nightmode is now working
    -Enhanced Doze mode
    -F2FS fixes (some users that reported quirks about crashing apps should be now ok)
    -Triple pressing the power button sets higher brightness
    -All screen rotations
    -Multiuser
    -Security Patch Date is now fixed
    -Fix for unacessible files over external SDCard
    -Bluetooth Fixes for Kirin 65x devices

Kernel and GPL concerns
    I'm actually not violating any GPL license due to the unreleased kernel source from Huawei.
    The kernel used here, it's just the stock one without anykind of modification.
    As the kernel sources will be released by our beloved Huawei Opensource department, it'll be added over here.

Support
    I'm do offering support and some chitty-chat times over this Telegram group (over XDA support of course).
    Feel free to join.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Additional links:
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP on Github

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    dil3mm4.dev, phhusson
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8 or other Android 8 ROM.

Version Information

Created 2018-05-04
    Last Updated 2018-05-04