[ROM][Treble][9.0]AOSP 9 for Honor 6X

gigi88b

Nov 28, 2020
agiornameto honor 6 x

Bongiorno scusate ragazzi ho un Honor 6 x e vorrei aggiornarlo con quale room devo procedere? Non e più disponibile ho visto la room per download grazie mille .

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
Hello, it says that the ROM firware required is EMUI 8.X but a Honor 6x can only have the EMUI 5.0 ?!
I can't found an AOSP 8 (android Oreo) for Honor 6x BLN-L21, can someone help please :rolleyes: ?

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Hello, it says that the ROM firware required is EMUI 8.X but a Honor 6x can only have the EMUI 5.0 ?!
I can't found an AOSP 8 (android Oreo) for Honor 6x BLN-L21, can someone help please :rolleyes: ?
you have to debrand your phone , as explained often on this forum:

Reactions: Kentoto2021

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
you have to debrand your phone , as explained often on this forum:

Oh thank you, I didn't know we can do that, I found a Youtube video telling about an app called "Firware Finder for Huawei", pray it work or I should do it in the hard way(via flashing) :D

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Oh thank you, I didn't know we can do that, I found a Youtube video telling about an app called "Firware Finder for Huawei", pray it work or I should do it in the hard way(via flashing) :D
firmware finder is widely used. And the tutorial above refers to it on its windows version. But downloaded huawei updates that way, won't install on antoher branded phone. Don't try to recreate, I Advice, juste follow the tutorial above!

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
firmware finder is widely used. And the tutorial above refers to it on its windows version. But downloaded huawei updates that way, won't install on antoher branded phone. Don't try to recreate, I Advice, juste follow the tutorial above!
Ok I will try it first.
But the Huawei Multi Tools link refered in the tutorial is broken, I try to search for official website of the software but no link ☹

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
Let us know how this went
OKKK after one all day (9:30AM to 10:30PM) I finally get it !!!!!!! THANK YOU for your advice you saved my phone if I can say Djiban 😁 A look of my new version phone below, very happy !!! Now I have to find how to get Emui 8.X on my Honor 6.X without broken my phone 😅

I really thought that my phone was broken because I didn't backup my OEM info with the Huawei MultiTool and ended into a bootanimation loop even restoring my phone with TWRP.
______________________________________________________________________________________
For those who is doing this awesome tutorial : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ln-l22-successful-case-noob-friendly.3679402/ I attach here to my message the Huawei MultiTool v7 that I found on this forum too (but can't find the link in my browser history :() :
  • For this tool, don't connect to internet when you launch it to avoid auto update, you can enable it after the question about proxy or when you see the main menu. The only bad thing that it's not in english, but the screenshot in the tutorial show you what is what 😁
  • For the OEM info zip, if you get "sbin/su not found" when restauring int the MultiTool , try also to install it with the traditional way in TWRP via the button Install -> Install ZIP
  • At the step where you have done the dload method with the update.zip, you will be get stuck in the bootanimation or black screen, it says that you have to shutdown the phone and that's a bit complicated with Honor 6x, you can only reboot whatever you done and adb acess from computer is off (don't activate the bootloader, it can reject the new update you just put in the dload folder !!!)

What I have done is going to Huawei eRecovery mode by pressing and maintaining Power button and Volume +, then choose wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset (it will erase all your data that you have on your last system !). By that, the phone will reboot and get you into the EMUI 5.X and the menu too set your phone, and by that you can rename the folder dload-data to dload through computer as mentionned in the tutorial, then SHUTDOWN your phone and redo the dload activation (Volume + and - and power button pressing)
And that's it ! Some tips to avoid future people stuck for hours and panic because nothing is working and the phone seems to be good for bin :unsure:

Attachments

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
OKKK after one all day (9:30AM to 10:30PM) I finally get it !!!!!!! THANK YOU for your advice you saved my phone if I can say Djiban 😁 A look of my new version phone below, very happy !!!

I really thought that my phone was broken because I didn't backup my OEM info with the Huawei MultiTool and ended into a bootanimation loop even restoring my phone with TWRP.
______________________________________________________________________________________
For those who is doing this awesome tutorial : https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ln-l22-successful-case-noob-friendly.3679402/ I attach here to my message the Huawei MultiTool v7 that I found on this forum too (but can't find the link in my browser history :() :
  • For this tool, don't connect to internet when you launch it to avoid auto update, you can enable it after the question about proxy or when you see the main menu. The only bad thing that it's not in english, but the screenshot in the tutorial show you what is what 😁
  • For the OEM info zip, if you get "sbin/su not found" when restauring int the MultiTool , try also to install it with the traditional way in TWRP via the button Install -> Install ZIP
  • At the step where you have done the dload method with the update.zip, you will be get stuck in the bootanimation or black screen, it says that you have to shutdown the phone and that's a bit complicated with Honor 6x, you can only reboot whatever you done and adb acess from computer is off (don't activate the bootloader, it can reject the new update you just put in the dload folder !!!)

What I have done is going to Huawei eRecovery mode by pressing and maintaining Power button and Volume +, then choose wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset (it will erase all your data that you have on your last system !). By that, the phone will reboot and get you into the EMUI 5.X and the menu too set your phone, and by that you can rename the folder dload-data to dload through computer as mentionned in the tutorial, then SHUTDOWN your phone and redo the dload activation (Volume + and - and power button pressing)
And that's it ! Some tips to avoid future people stuck for hours and panic because nothing is working and the phone seems to be good for bin :unsure:
Sorry it did take you one full day.

First of all, please post the same text as above in the debrand thread, to help people there:

thanx for this feed back , I have to debrand a Honor 6x soon, that will help me a lot, and I'll give my feedback there. It's weird that it so difficult (after all huawei devices are hard to pseudo-hack). I'll try to follow your tips, and let you know here !

I'm sure that Huwei multi tool V7was available in english !!!! But 4pda Forum, wich is the best source four the russian scene, deliberatly erase the version 7 :(.

Now I have to find how to get Emui 8.X on my Honor 6.X without broken my phone 😅
I see 5 ways looking around:

1) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-update-to-emui-8.3807806/ (but changing to chinese version is not what preconised by the post #1 of this present thread, morover after just debranding to india version like you've just did)

2) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/repository-the-honor-6x-file-depot.3534800/page-12#post-73954487

3) it seems you can switch to EMUI 8.0 Using Hurupdater (meaning finding the stock file int the indated database): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-hassanmirza01.3677963/page-104#post-78219579

4) As you are with a BLN-L22 model "Firmware Finder" (android app or windows program) should do the job if the update files are still on the database. I'm not an expert on honor 6X, but I used Firmware Finder on other EMUI phones many times.You'll find a lot of tutorials of this app/program, read them, its rom downloading is not very "natural". This should be a good start: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgw3d3fHTj5E33lNsLcCwcgoraZmfin7V
I should have give you that link for Multi-tool: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgw3d3fHTj5EeNNS41QmSfj9WK_FPIeoc.

4) If you want more specific Honor 6X instructions: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...to-emui-8-0-with-volte-noob-friendly.3819317/

I've juste unlocked TWRPed, and rooted the6x I wanted to take care, I plan like you to swiatch to android 9....

NB:. Did you think about installing PixyOS ans Android 9.0 for Has, and tin the previous link or https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/stable-pie-rom-for-honor-6x.3863562/

Once again, depending where you thnik is the most appropriate, let us know how this is going in 2021, do not hesitate to tag me!!!

Last edited:

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
@Djiban I successfully upgrade my phone to EMUI 8.0 from the Firware Finder database too with the HwOTA tools method, but I still can't make LineageOS from OpenKirin work on my phone. Always the bootloop, whatever I try, factory reset...
I don't know what cause this, I think I will stay at EMUI 8 but it's slow down the phone.

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
@Djiban I successfully upgrade my phone to EMUI 8.0 from the Firware Finder database too with the HwOTA tools method, but I still can't make LineageOS from OpenKirin work on my phone. Always the bootloop, whatever I try, factory reset...
I don't know what cause this, I think I will stay at EMUI 8 but it's slow down the phone.
Please report the issue in the lineageos thread, if any (I'm a bit lost now).

About the aosp Android 9 rom of the current thread, as your phone is ready to install it, did you try?

Do not hesitate to post in the dedicated thread each time (your previous messages should have bee posted in the debrand thread, and then to the "emui 8 upgrade for Indian model" thread, links given above )

Thanks, I'm following your advance, do not stay in emui 8 stock if you are not happy with it, ask for help in the thread of your desired rom....

Here we'll see what's wrong if you can install aosp 9.0 for honor 6x