[ROM][Treble][9.0]AOSP 9 for Mate 10

Search This thread

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Hi,

https%3A%2F%2Ffossbytes.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F08%2FAndroid-Pie.jpg

Android Open Source Project 9.0 Pie for Huawei Mate 10

*** Beta Version ***

This rom is provided by the duo: @DarkJoker360 and @Askuccio_DROID

About
Code:
[CENTER]Android is an open source software stack created for a wide array of devices with different form factors. The primary purposes of Android are to create an open software platform available for carriers, OEMs, and developers to make their innovative ideas a reality and to introduce a successful, real-world product that improves the mobile experience for users.
[/CENTER]

Warning
Code:
[CENTER] * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.[/CENTER]

Working
Code:
[CENTER]* Boot
* Touchscreen
* Adb 
* Audio
* Bluetooth
* Camera
* Internal/External storage
* Sensors
* Wifi  
* RIL
* NFC
* Almost everything
[/CENTER]

Not Working
Code:
[CENTER]
* Hotspot Wifi
maybe there are some minor issues !
[/CENTER]

Note: At first boot maybe you will get a bootloop to bootanimation but after it your device will boot up.

Installation
Code:
[CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed : TWRP(make sure you got latest version installed!)
* go to TWRP  and do format data and then a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
* install AOSP rom
* flash gapps and root (optional)
* reboot to system
* Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
Code:
[CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/askucciodevelopment/files/ROM/Aosp-Pie9.0/aosp-9-20180822-hi6250-askuccio.zip/download"]aosp-9-20180822-hi6250-askuccio.zip[/URL]
[URL="https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds"]Magisk Builds for Huawei/Honor[/URL]
[URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/gapps-unofficial-opengapps-builds-t3828141"]Unofficial OpenGapps[/URL] 
[/CENTER]

NOTE: These gapps are unofficial and are in beta stage so you can maybe face a lot of crases. It is recommended to install it after first boot and once installed you need to unistall Setup wizard because it will crash a lot !

Credits
@Askuccio_DROID
@flex1911
@phhusson
@haky 86 @Dil3mm4

Kernel GPL policy: We are not violating kernel gps policy because we are making a treble based rom, so it is just a system image. Kernel is the default one provided by Huawei in Emui 8.x

I don' t have the device for testing, if you want faster releases please contribute for buying it. Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei Mate 10

Contributors
DarkJoker360
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 9.0
Beta Release Date: 2018-08-26

Created 2018-08-26
Last Updated 2018-08-27

Last edited:

rey_lagarto

Jul 30, 2010
Tarragona
Hey, fellas, a couple of doubts.

1. It is absolutely necessary to install TWRP to flash the ROM? or I can eRecovery and flash the image? In theory I should be fine with the latter, based on my experience with OpenKirin. And this brings me to my second question.

2. Do you intend to collaborate with OpenKirin?

Thank you and greetings.

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
i am considering trying this right now

why are gapps unstable can't i download from the official websites or do i have to use a beta version of gapps?
is this ready as a daily driver and is it fully clean android what about screen calibration? will it offer vivid modes etc and what about the desktop mode and hdmi?
has anyone noticed any other issues than hotspot wifi?

edit:it seems it is impossible to install custom roms if you updated to the latest EMUI, they won't let you unlock the bootloader so i will likely return this phone i am honestly angry

Last edited:

choobs95

Oct 10, 2010
i am considering trying this right now

why are gapps unstable can't i download from the official websites or do i have to use a beta version of gapps?
is this ready as a daily driver and is it fully clean android what about screen calibration? will it offer vivid modes etc and what about the desktop mode and hdmi?
has anyone noticed any other issues than hotspot wifi?

edit:it seems it is impossible to install custom roms if you updated to the latest EMUI, they won't let you unlock the bootloader so i will likely return this phone i am honestly angry
Not unless you've requested your bootloader last month, then no hope of unlocking my friend

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

pretty quiet here. I have not tried this. Tempting.
Did you try it?

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
getting error 7 it won't accept the file and now i am stuck with no os worrying the phone is bricked now as nothing works

lineage does not work because the zip is invalid (used twrp unofficial version)
this rom does not work because of error 7

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
fyi if you flash this make sure not to connect to the internet on setup, if you do it will start looking for an update and get stuck there you won't be able to skip it because it won't let you continue without a Connection, i assume you can get around this by skipping connecting to wifi but i am not sure.

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Hi,

https%3A%2F%2Ffossbytes.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F08%2FAndroid-Pie.jpg

*** Beta Version ***

About
Code:
[CENTER]Android is an open source software stack created for a wide array of devices with different form factors. The primary purposes of Android are to create an open software platform available for carriers, OEMs, and developers to make their innovative ideas a reality and to introduce a successful, real-world product that improves the mobile experience for users.
[/CENTER]

Warning
Code:
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.[/CENTER]

Working
Code:
[CENTER]* Boot
* Touchscreen
* Adb 
* Audio
* Bluetooth
* Camera
* Sensors
* Wifi  
* RIL
* NFC
* Almost everything
[/CENTER]

Not Working
Code:
[CENTER]
* Hotspot Wifi
[/CENTER]

Note: At first boot maybe you will get a bootloop to bootanimation but after it your device will boot up.

Installation
Code:
[CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed : TWRP(make sure you got latest version installed!)
* go to TWRP  and do format data and then a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
* install AOSP rom
* reboot to system
* Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
Code:
[CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/askucciodevelopment/files/ROM/Aosp-Pie9.0/aosp-9-20180822-hi6250-askuccio.zip/download"]aosp-9-20180822-hi6250-askuccio.zip[/URL]
[URL="https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds"]Magisk Builds for Huawei/Honor[/URL]
[URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/gapps-unofficial-opengapps-builds-t3828141"]Unofficial OpenGapps[/URL] 
[/CENTER]

NOTE: These gapps are unofficial and are in beta stage so you can maybe face a lot of crases. It is recommended to install it after first boot and once installed you need to unistall Setup wizard because it will crash a lot !

Credits
@Askuccio_DROID
@Flex1911
@phhusson
@haky 86

Kernel GPL policy: We are not violating kernel gps policy because we are making a treble based rom, so it is just a system image. Kernel is the default one provided by Huawei in Emui 8.x

I don' t have the device for testing, if you want faster releases please contribute for buying it. Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !​

Contributors
DarkJoker360
Source Code: https://github.com/DarkJoker360

Version Information

Created 2018-08-26
Last Updated 2018-08-27

This is for Mate 10 Lite. Please specify this in title and post.

Bordo_Bereli51

Dec 27, 2012
Vienna
As Ante0 said it, its for Mate 10 Lite. But modifying the assert/removing it, it will flash to Mate 10 Pro. I tried it and it boots but the stock emui camera is not working. Went back to omninrom. I suggest to do always backup of your system incl. Data, systemy vendor kernel using twrp...

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
As Ante0 said it, its for Mate 10 Lite. But modifying the assert/removing it, it will flash to Mate 10 Pro. I tried it and it boots but the stock emui camera is not working. Went back to omninrom. I suggest to do always backup of your system incl. Data, systemy vendor kernel using twrp...

did not work on the mate 10 pro it was a complete mess when i finally was able to boot it up it got stuck looking for an update on the setup screen i wish it was specified that this was not for the pro would have saved me like 5 hours of nonstop work

Bordo_Bereli51

Dec 27, 2012
Vienna
did not work on the mate 10 pro it was a complete mess when i finally was able to boot it up it got stuck looking for an update on the setup screen i wish it was specified that this was not for the pro would have saved me like 5 hours of nonstop work

This is why I recommend backing up your system in twrp before flashing new Roms.
I did not flash the Rom with gapps together. So i did not have this Problem.

Reactions: Romáriormm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

*** Beta Version ***

About
    Code:
    [/CENTER]

Warning
    Code:

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Boot
    * Touchscreen
    * Adb 
    * Audio
    * Bluetooth
    * Camera
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * NFC
    * Almost everything
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    * Hotspot Wifi
    [/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    * install AOSP rom
    * reboot to system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [/CENTER]

Credits
    @Askuccio_DROID
    @flex1911
    @phhusson
    @haky 86 @Dil3mm4

DONATIONS

Regards !​

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

Version Information

Created 2018-08-26
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    I tried it and couldn't get it to boot on my friends Huawei 10 pro BLA-A09 C567 firmware .119. I ended up having to reflash his phone for him.
    has anyone else on a US variant tried this? We're all afraid, aren't we??

This is why I recommend backing up your system in twrp before flashing new Roms.
    I did not flash the Rom with gapps together. So i did not have this Problem.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone