• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][TREBLE][9.0] Pixel Experience P v9.0 for Huawei P20 Lite

Search This thread

CheckeredDots

Dec 26, 2012
Hey Joker, awesome rom! I've been using it daily and it works mostly fine.

Issues with camera app as you know and also it's a bit slow sometimes, especially in the left google panel from homescreen. Pie is so sweet to use though, can't wait for aosp 9.0 - is navbar support going to be added? :D

Ahmed_Khalifa

Oct 19, 2014
Khartoum
Hey Joker, awesome rom! I've been using it daily and it works mostly fine.

Issues with camera app as you know and also it's a bit slow sometimes, especially in the left google panel from homescreen. Pie is so sweet to use though, can't wait for aosp 9.0 - is navbar support going to be added? :D

How did you flash it?
because I tried I think all the twrp recoveries for p20 lite but, didn't boot, please advise.

Thanks.

Ahmed_Khalifa

Oct 19, 2014
Khartoum
Succeeded on installing your ROM.

Hello @DarkJoker360

Finally I flashed AOSP 9.0 onto P20 Lite (Nova 3e) and it's awesome but, I noticed a few issues so I will list them below.

1. The initial setup gets stuck when I connect my WiFi to complete it, there is a page that says "Checking for updates" I think. The workaround is to skip the initial setup without connecting to the internet.
  2. Bluetooth is not working properly, it detects Bluetooth devices but it cannot pair with them, The same issue affects WiFi connection. WiFi does get disconnected every and each time Bluetooth tries to pair.
  3. Some graphical UI glitches when using like Uber when navigating the map.
  4. I can't play music on my phone whether it's stock music app or google music app but, VLC player plays music perfectly.
  5. The dark theme doesn't apply to the settings app, nor other places. It applies to the notifications header only.
  6. The statusbar is not 100% optimized for the notch, it's hight is less than the notch by 5px or less as I believe.
  7. Camera works fine.
That's it for now.

Thank you.

Attachments

• bluetooth_and_MusicPlaying_issues.7z
    184.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

dcduartee

Aug 23, 2015
Hello @DarkJoker360

Finally I flashed AOSP 9.0 onto P20 Lite (Nova 3e) and it's awesome but, I noticed a few issues so I will list them below.

The initial setup gets stuck when I connect my WiFi to complete it, there is a page that says "Checking for updates" I think. The workaround is to skip the initial setup without connecting to the internet.
Some graphical UI glitches when using like Uber when navigating the map.
The dark theme doesn't apply to the settings app, nor other places. It applies to the notifications header only.
Camera works fine.

That's it for now.

Thank you.
What TWRP did you use to flash this?

Muscar

May 22, 2018
I'm looking for a Android 9.0 based rom for the normal P20, not the Lite or PRO, does anyone have any link that can help? I only get results for the P20 Pro or Lite on google....

Oct 23, 2019
Google Pixel 5
Known issues?

So, I plan on flashing my P20 lite with Pixel Experience, and therefore I already read a lot about flashing in general in the past few weeks, but one thing I could hardly find anything about, are the known issues on the P20 lite. Now my question is: are there any downsides or known issues with Pixel Experience that could ruin my phone as a daily driver? I don't want to do any special things with it, but at least the Google Apps should work correctly. Can anybody tell me about that?

Arnys

Oct 8, 2016
Piepes
So, I plan on flashing my P20 lite with Pixel Experience, and therefore I already read a lot about flashing in general in the past few weeks, but one thing I could hardly find anything about, are the known issues on the P20 lite. Now my question is: are there any downsides or known issues with Pixel Experience that could ruin my phone as a daily driver? I don't want to do any special things with it, but at least the Google Apps should work correctly. Can anybody tell me about that?

camera isnt working well
wifi hotspot are buged
bluetooth will not connect to all devices
its realy tricky to flash google services

if dont want strugle, better keep out of this :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fi3OR5Mx.jpg

DarkJoker360 x AskuccioTreble Pixel Experience v9.0 for Huawei P20 Lite

(This rom is provided by: @DarkJoker360 and @Askuccio_DROID)

*** Beta Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]Pixel Experience is an AOSP based rom with all Pixel goddies (wallpaper, UI etc)
    [/CENTER]

Warning
    Code:
    [CENTER] * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.[/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb 
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluetooth
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    [/CENTER]

This rom is Notch Enabled !!

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    *Hotspot Wifi
    *Camera
    [/CENTER]

For enable MTP:
    Enable Developer Options, select "Default USB configuration" and select "File transfer". Connect the phone to the PC!

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  TWRP (make sure you got latest version installed!)
    * go to TWRP  and do format data and then a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) !
    * install PixelExperience ROM 
    * flash gapps and root (optional)
    * reboot to system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/askucciodevelopment/files/ROM/AndroidPie9.0/PixelExperience_hi6250-9.0-20180815-1701-UNOFFICIAL.zip/download"]PixelExperience_hi6250-9.0-20180815-1701-UNOFFICIAL.zip[/URL]
    [URL="https://github.com/ianmacd/MagiskBuilds"]Magisk[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL] 
    [URL="https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/gapps-unofficial-opengapps-builds-t3828141"]Unofficial Gapps 9.0 Pie[/URL] 
    [/CENTER]

Note: Official OpenGapps aren't released so gapps can crash !

Note:This is the only Magisk versions that won't bootloop, it's tested, use its instead of others!

Credits
    @Askuccio_DROID

Kernel Source: android_kernel_huawei_hi6250

I don' t have the device for testing, if you want faster releases please contribute for buying it. Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience, ROM for the Huawei P20 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8 unlocked bootloader & twrp

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 9.0
    Beta Release Date: 2018-08-16

Created 2018-08-16
    Last Updated 2018-08-16
    Which TWRP version do you recommend? Your first post mentions it but it doesn't have a link.
    the rom boots , but can't install gapps ERROR 70

Do a system resize and you can flash gapps, but for me it keeps booting forever i dont know why. However i tried with all recovery in this subforum but no one works for me
    @DarkJoker360 why you don't post the twrp we need?! We all and I asked for the link with working twrp for p20 lite in another thread and you don't give an answer. Why?
    Camera got fixed but not here, in Aosp 9.0 that will be out soon here, stay tuned !