[ROM][TREBLE][9.X] CypherOS 7.0.0 Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
Unknown
Thanks Haky! Best Pie ROM available. I didn't expected something else from you and your team.

I'm using a Vodafone SIM Card. It needed to manually set up the APN then mobile data worked. (LTE icon in status bar is huge :D) Also data transfer between Phone and PC was just working after changing in development settings, that it directly transfer data and don't just charge the phone. Magisk 17 is also working. And there's no nfc in quick settings. Need to go into the settings to switch it on or off.

That's the only "issues" I faced, the rest is perfect.

(pralx1)

Last edited:
Reactions: pete80pro

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    Thanks Haky! Best Pie ROM available. I didn't expected something else from you and your team.

I'm using a Vodafone SIM Card. It needed to manually set up the APN then mobile data worked. (LTE icon in status bar is huge :D) Also data transfer between Phone and PC was just working after changing in development settings, that it directly transfer data and don't just charge the phone. Magisk 17 is also working. And there's no nfc in quick settings. Need to go into the settings to switch it on or off.

That's the only "issues" I faced, the rest is perfect.

(pralx1)

usb works only via developers settings for now, for nfc there is some files in /products/nfc need to be copied in /system/etc.

Note: I'm not working with any team, all these roms are made by myself. ;)

all fixes depend on Honor v10 stuff, once fixed on that device will be fixed here too :)

I tried a few apn's, then one gets saved, and I have data right now.
    Thanks for the reply, amazing rom, and amazing work bro!

(Ps, my carrier it's AT&T on Mexico)
    thanks. glad to hear that's works.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    OK guys here is my device's situation.
    unfortunately I can't flash treble roms on my phone, even the GSI by phhusson. I reset the device 2 times with same result that the GSI bootloop after animation. so if this problem persists after 2 time that mean there is a problem on partition, actually I don't know to deal with it for fixing so you have the following options.
    • the only roms I can work on for now are based on the old Emui 5.x .
    • Making GSI with phhusson sources and test the system.img on my LePro3 that get treble via official lineage.
    • Or I "can try" to port treble on emui 5 firmware by using the advantage of the vendor partition but I don't think is possible.

dinoderda

Jul 30, 2018
    OK guys here is my device's situation.
    unfortunately I can't flash treble roms on my phone, even the GSI by phhusson. I reset the device 2 times with same result that the GSI bootloop after animation. so if this problem persists after 2 time that mean there is a problem on partition, actually I don't know to deal with it for fixing so you have the following options.
    the only roms I can work on for now are based on the old Emui 5.x .
    Making GSI with phhusson sources and test the system.img on my LePro3 that get treble via official lineage.
    Or I "can try" to port treble on emui 5 firmware by using the advantage of the vendor partition but I don't think is possible.

try using dc phoenix to install oreo,it will rewrite the partition table I believe

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    try using dc phoenix to install oreo,it will rewrite the partition table I believe

the last time I use dc & company (on 2 huawei devices) their program crash after I click on "flash" but credits + money token without problems, also they block my account after a dispute. so they are bunch of thief for me.

dinoderda

Jul 30, 2018
    the last time I use dc & company (on 2 huawei devices) their program crash after I click on "flash" but credits + money token without problems, also they block my account after a dispute. so they are bunch of thief for me.

hm I used the 3 day license DC Unlocker + DC Phoenix,0 problems,managed to restore from a brick,and probably gonna buy it again in case I brick my phone again during a custom ROM install
    What about trying to use a service firmware?

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    hm I used the 3 day license DC Unlocker + DC Phoenix,0 problems,managed to restore from a brick,and probably gonna buy it again in case I brick my phone again during a custom ROM install
    What about trying to use a service firmware?

I'm downloading it service firmware as my latest hope, seriously I would like continue working on this phone :/ .

dinoderda

Jul 30, 2018
    bad news guys, I can't continue developments treble roms for annoying reason GSI won't boot even the one from Phhusson, all I can try to do, is creating an emui 8.x based rom but without treble support that will take me some time to done it.

no problem,btw on the hotspot issue,I saw a dev fix it on Pie for P8 Lite 2017 by using files from EMUI 9 and it worked perfectly so I would recommend you try it.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    no problem,btw on the hotspot issue,I saw a dev fix it on Pie for P8 Lite 2017 by using files from EMUI 9 and it worked perfectly so I would recommend you try it.

nope, for some reason isn't clear for me I don't have xLoader partition anymore the consequence can't make roms for this device that's why I can't run even gsi roms, it's mean my career in hi6250 developments end here on Android Pie. I'm trying to fix the issue by reinstalling Chinese firmware and flash B310 to see if work but I don't think so. if work I will continue developments, if not I will end here.
    thanks for all for the support.

edit: Flex1911 who fix hotspot on kirin970. check his github.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MIcHiJK

victoriordachi

Aug 3, 2014
    Constanta
    nope, for some reason isn't clear for me I don't have xLoader partition anymore the consequence can't make roms for this device that's why I can't run even gsi roms, it's mean my career in hi6250 developments end here on Android Pie. I'm trying to fix the issue by reinstalling Chinese firmware and flash B310 to see if work but I don't think so. if work I will continue developments, if not I will end here.
    thanks for all for the support.

edit: Flex1911 who fix hotspot on kirin970. check his github.

How much cost a motherboard for PRA-LX1 in your country ?

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    I fix my device but I would like to work on lepro3 and taking a pause from here. doesn't mean I left developments (I'm supporting this phone since nougat) :p :p

to fix hotspot on cypheros follow these steps;

Last edited:
    Reactions: MIcHiJK

dinoderda

Jul 30, 2018
    All treble roms use stock 4.4.23 kernel used on Emui 8 even on Pie.
    treble is all about update framework's android version without need to update kernel or vendor.

Oh ok then,thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

I fix my device but I would like to work on lepro3 and taking a pause from here. doesn't mean I left developments (I'm supporting this phone since nougat) :p :p

to fix hotspot on cypheros follow these steps;

can someone give some more clear instructions? because i have no idea how to download this and where it says where to put these files hahahah

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      3vjolGj.png

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
       */

Get your builds and changelog from our website
      Get last CypherOS

Note: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
      Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
      scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
      your device maintainer for more information but wait at least 72 h. Please know builds are updated by 12am
      EST.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Install:
      • Get your last build.
      • Reboot to TWRP.
      • Flash your CypherOS.
      • Flash Gapps (I'd recommend SimpleGAPPS to have better experience with Google Play),
      • Run a factory reset with stock recovery ramdisk.
      • Enjoy.

Note:
      • Don't use this topic to throw sh**ts on developments and cry here if bootloop, send me a tombstone logcat instead.

Features:
      - Status bar Customization
      • - Changeable icons
      • - Quick pulldown
      • - Smart pulldown
      • - Notification count
      • - Clock position
      • - Seconds in clock
      • - Date design
      - Quick Settings
      • - Brightness slider
      • - Brightness icon
      • - Tile tap customization
      - System
      • - Screenshot partial and full
      • - Scrolling cache customization
      • - Power menu customization
      • - One-handed mode

Credits
      LineageOS
      AICP
      PureNexus
      AOKP
      Dirty Unicorns
      Paranoid Android
      and more..

Sources
      Device Tree
      Proprietary Blobs
      ** Note **

Update 2: E1001 error is under investigation and my first impression is all about which emui 8 you are use, I got same error after downgrade to C432B360 coming from AL00X.
      anyways I will make a system_a_arm64 with phhusson stuff for better compatibility. I'm upgrading to AL00X again to see if same error appear. sorry for this issue.
      ** ROM **

• aoscp_prague-7.0.0-20190328-unofficial.zip
      • Check the main op to see the rest of builds by "Get your builds and changelog from our website
      • Get last CypherOS "
      • Android 9.0.0 R33.
      • Add support for devices launched with Emui 8.0.0 from the box, such as P Smart (tested and booted) and similar.
      • Add new screenshots.
      • Fix mostly everything.
      • Fix dark pics with default camera app.
      • Fix battery led colors.
      • Fast, stable and pretty smooth.
      Haky did you fix the installation problem ?

fixed on my lineage-15.1, I will do a build of cypher pretty soon.
      • 07/09/2018
        • aoscp_hi6250-7.0.0-20180907-unofficial.zip
        • Fix error e1001, in case still persist, go back to twrp >resize system partition, flash aosp 8.1 by phhuson then my CypherOS.
        • NFC: fixed properly might get crashed but only for first time.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone