[ROM][TREBLE][9.X] CypherOS 7.0.0 Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    I try to reset the device with HuRUpdater by following it steps to get back xloader partition (since that each time I ran erecovery reset it's download me oreo again instead of nougat) and the bad news is my phone went in fastboot mode and screen is totally black without any possibilities to turn on nor off the phone, if there are no suggestion to fix the problem since fastboot is working, I've to terminate supporting this platform once for all even if I've another year of warranty, I've no intention to fix it for the 4th time. don't forget there is no way to unlock bootloader again.
    thanks for all and for donations .

sfoot13

Apr 24, 2013
    www.flickr.com
    I try to reset the device with HuRUpdater by following it steps to get back xloader partition (since that each time I ran erecovery reset it's download me oreo again instead of nougat) and the bad news is my phone went in fastboot mode and screen is totally black without any possibilities to turn on nor off the phone, if there are no suggestion to fix the problem since fastboot is working, I've to terminate supporting this platform once for all even if I've another year of warranty, I've no intention to fix it for the 4th time. don't forget there is no way to unlock bootloader again.
    thanks for all and for donations .
    So, you can't access to fastboot? If not, the last chance is to try with test point, I bricked my P10 after few days I bought it (april 2018). My phone ended with a black screen and the huawei´s logo in the middle, no erecovery, no fastboot, so I was forced to send it for warranty. They told me that the motherboard was replaced, so my bootloader code changed too.
    if you can send it for warranty, do it, but probably they'll replace motherboard.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    So, you can't access to fastboot? If not, the last chance is to try with test point, I bricked my P10 after few days I bought it (april 2018). My phone ended with a black screen and the huawei´s logo in the middle, no erecovery, no fastboot, so I was forced to send it for warranty. They told me that the motherboard was replaced, so my bootloader code changed too.
    if you can send it for warranty, do it, but probably they'll replace motherboard.

fastboot is recognized also tried to flash a twrp and stock images extracted from update but without any success of boot.
    I will send it to warranty next Monday in that way they will repair quickly by avoiding weekend, so I will not open any account for vps before I've a worked device :)

sfoot13

Apr 24, 2013
    www.flickr.com
    fastboot is recognized also tried to flash a twrp and stock images extracted from update but without any success of boot.
    I will send it to warranty next Monday in that way they will repair quickly by avoiding weekend, so I will not open any account for vps before I've a worked device :)
    Imgs from Nougat or Oreo? I remember that I typed some commands to check which version is installed on the phone
    fastboot oem get-product-model
    fastboot getvar vendorcountry
    fastboot oem get-build-number
    fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery
    fastboot oem oeminforead-SYSTEM_VERSION

I hope they fix your phone quickly :D

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    Imgs from Nougat or Oreo? I remember that I typed some commands to check which version is installed on the phone
    fastboot oem get-product-model
    fastboot getvar vendorcountry
    fastboot oem get-build-number
    fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery

I hope they fix your phone quickly :D

images are oreo
    (bootloader) :pRA-LX1 8.0.0.372(C432)
    OKAY [ 0.004s]
    finished. total time: 0.005s

fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery : getvar:rescue_enter_recovery doesn't work, it's failed

sfoot13

Apr 24, 2013
    www.flickr.com
    images are oreo
    (bootloader) :pRA-LX1 8.0.0.372(C432)
    OKAY [ 0.004s]
    finished. total time: 0.005s

fastboot getvar rescue_enter_recovery : getvar:rescue_enter_recovery doesn't work, it's failed
    I guess you already flashed the images from B372 update... Can you force the phone to enter into erecovery?

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    I will sent a reparation request to huawei by tomorrow but keep in mind my post, I will not repeat 100 times.
    • My next works will be based on berkeley system partiton re-adapted to my own hi6250 skeleton tree at github.
    • I will not care about error 7 or fastboot flashing error if you are coming from roms not made by me and with different system not designed for our phone, I will not change system partition to gsi one to brick my device again.
    • I'll also work on emui 5.x based roms since I've the private sources.
    • I'll support only HI6250 I don't have any intention to give roms for kirin970 and similar platform even if are GSI.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    Ok bro. An alert, you can't brick with a different /system partition and again, Phhuson has chosen the 2GB system to fit all phones. The 4GB system it's not compatible for all, since PRA device have only 3GB system. Controls Phhuson's work, he was the first to work on GSI treble, yes, he use 2GB system image ;) https://github.com/phhusson/device_phh_treble/blob/android-9.0/phhgsi_arm64_a/BoardConfig.mk
    so, it's best to work on 2GB System image, all can install and no more error ;)
    berkeley system is working fine for me before switching to gsi. you know that. Secondly I don't need to control since I already know phh's works if people want GSI they can flash roms from treble section they are free to flash roms they want. thirdly avoid to be gentle on my topics while you throw s***t on me and my works in some telegram group at same time I will not unlock you.

edit: topics will be opened once my device is fixed.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pete80pro

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    ** ROM **

• aoscp_prague-7.0.0-20190328-unofficial.zip
    • Check the main op to see the rest of builds by "Get your builds and changelog from our website
    • Get last CypherOS "
    • Android 9.0.0 R33.
    • Add support for devices launched with Emui 8.0.0 from the box, such as P Smart (tested and booted) and similar.
    • Add new screenshots.
    • Fix mostly everything.
    • Fix dark pics with default camera app.
    • Fix battery led colors.
    • Fast, stable and pretty smooth.

cookremier

Oct 26, 2012
    I have checked this rom out and ...
    1. You do not need the stock recovery, it boot just fine with the TWRP in my signature.
    2. I cannot find ANY customization options except the theme option.
    3. Features that are written in the OP thread are not accessable in the rom, the only customization i found does not work (Changeable icons).

- Status bar Customization
    - Quick pulldown
    - Smart pulldown
    - Notification count
    - Clock position
    - Seconds in clock
    - Date design
    - Quick Settings
    - Brightness slider
    - Brightness icon
    - Tile tap customization
    - Scrolling cache customization
    - Power menu customization
    - One-handed mode

Where are those custimization options available in the rom ???

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    I have checked this rom out and ...
    1. You do not need the stock recovery, it boot just fine with the TWRP in my signature.
    2. I cannot find ANY customization options except the theme option.
    3. Features that are written in the OP thread are not accessable in the rom, the only customization i found does not work (Changeable icons).

- Quick pulldown
    - Smart pulldown
    - Notification count
    - Clock position
    - Seconds in clock
    - Date design
    - Quick Settings
    - Brightness slider
    - Brightness icon
    - Tile tap customization
    - Scrolling cache customization
    - Power menu customization
    - One-handed mode

Where are those custimization options available in the rom ???

1-it will come with next releases, this rom still in beta.
    2-I don't need advice about how to flash roms since I made them.
    3-you are free to use what you want, since I will not provide Android Q.

Last edited:

cookremier

Oct 26, 2012
    1-it will come with next releases, this rom still in beta.
    2-I don't need advice about how to flash roms since I made them.
    3-you are free to use what you want, since I will not provide Android Q.

1. Ok, thought it was already built in.
    2. I just wanted to say to the other users, that they do not need the stock recovery for this rom, cause its written in the OP.
    3. Why shouldn´t i use the rom of my choice ? I simply compared two roms and how good they can be customized. Nothing more...

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
  • Oct 5, 2012
    Hama (Syria)
    1. Ok, thought it was already built in.
    2. I just wanted to say to the other users, that they do not need the stock recovery for this rom, cause its written in the OP.
    3. Why shouldn´t i use the rom of my choice ? I simply compared two roms and how good they can be customized. Nothing more...

Because you can't say this rom is lack of features since it is still under developments, and this one is evolved a lot comparing to the first release, also I did almost 5 hours of screen yesterday. there are some quirks need some fixes such as shortcuts of installed apps.
    Let's see R34. I think the real CypherOS will become with Android Q.

cookremier

Oct 26, 2012
    Because you can't say this rom is lack of features since it is still under developments, and this one is evolved a lot comparing to the first release, also I did almost 5 hours of screen yesterday. there are some quirks need some fixes such as shortcuts of installed apps.
    Let's see R34. I think the real CypherOS will become with Android Q.

I can say that this rom lacks of feautures, cause those are written in the OP.
    Do not write about things that are not yet implemented in the rom and no one will talk about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      3vjolGj.png

This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
       */

Get your builds and changelog from our website
      Get last CypherOS

Note: Builds are updated as soon as possible. There is no build cycle. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
      Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
      scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
      your device maintainer for more information but wait at least 72 h. Please know builds are updated by 12am
      EST.

Become apart of our G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Install:
      • Get your last build.
      • Reboot to TWRP.
      • Flash your CypherOS.
      • Flash Gapps (I'd recommend SimpleGAPPS to have better experience with Google Play),
      • Run a factory reset with stock recovery ramdisk.
      • Enjoy.

Note:
      • Don't use this topic to throw sh**ts on developments and cry here if bootloop, send me a tombstone logcat instead.

Features:
      • - Changeable icons
      • - Quick pulldown
      • - Smart pulldown
      • - Notification count
      • - Clock position
      • - Seconds in clock
      • - Date design
      - Quick Settings
      • - Brightness slider
      • - Brightness icon
      • - Tile tap customization
      - System
      • - Screenshot partial and full
      • - Scrolling cache customization
      • - Power menu customization
      • - One-handed mode

Credits
      LineageOS
      AICP
      PureNexus
      AOKP
      Dirty Unicorns
      Paranoid Android
      and more..

Sources
      Device Tree
      Proprietary Blobs
      ** Note **

Update 2: E1001 error is under investigation and my first impression is all about which emui 8 you are use, I got same error after downgrade to C432B360 coming from AL00X.
      anyways I will make a system_a_arm64 with phhusson stuff for better compatibility. I'm upgrading to AL00X again to see if same error appear. sorry for this issue.
      ** ROM **

• aoscp_prague-7.0.0-20190328-unofficial.zip
      • Check the main op to see the rest of builds by "Get your builds and changelog from our website
      • Get last CypherOS "
      • Android 9.0.0 R33.
      • Add support for devices launched with Emui 8.0.0 from the box, such as P Smart (tested and booted) and similar.
      • Add new screenshots.
      • Fix mostly everything.
      • Fix dark pics with default camera app.
      • Fix battery led colors.
      • Fast, stable and pretty smooth.
      Haky did you fix the installation problem ?

fixed on my lineage-15.1, I will do a build of cypher pretty soon.
      • 07/09/2018
        • aoscp_hi6250-7.0.0-20180907-unofficial.zip
        • Fix error e1001, in case still persist, go back to twrp >resize system partition, flash aosp 8.1 by phhuson then my CypherOS.
        • NFC: fixed properly might get crashed but only for first time.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone