[ROM][TREBLE] BaikalOS 9.0 Pie PowerSave [DELTA][VoLTE]

Search This thread

andr68rus

Nov 25, 2016
Tambov
ximiraga.ru
BaikalOS Pie PowerSave: minimize your battery drain.
fv012v2.png

BaikalOS is our Android custom ROM variant with powersave and stability as #1 priority.
Based on the Ground Zero Android Open Source Project (GZOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements and powersave features. BaikalOS isn’t better, just powersave.
What is BaikalOS? | BaikalOS Source | BaikalOS Gerrit Review | BaikalOS Telegram Channel | BaikalOS Statistic | BaikalOS Crowdin

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/* Your warranty is now void .. bla-bla-bla... other non-informative text */
BaikalOS 9.0 PIE PowerSave

Downloads:
Supported devices: LEX820 (X2_CN), LEX821 (X2_WW), LEX822 (X2_CN), LEX829 (X2_NA)
  • BaikalOS official builds with delta-ota: DOWNLOAD
  • Open Gapps (ARM64, 9.0, pico or micro recomend)
  • TWRP for 9.0 treble here
  • Google Camera: (Recommend Tolyan009 builds as Arnova8G2 builds are not always compatible with Pie x2 ROMs here
  • Magisk (Root) (if u need it) can be found here. Note: install magisk only after reboot to rom!

ChangeLog: https://dl.baikalos.ru/x2/Changelog.txt
Bug report: please, put your bug reports and feature requests here.

Firmware:
Minimum required versions: LEX820 (X2_CN) 20s, LEX821 (X2_WW) 19s, LEX829 (X2_NA) 20s.
Download: here

Optional newer versions:LEX820 (X2_CN) 30s LEX820 (X2_CN) 466D

Instructions :
  • Download TWRP, Firmware, ROM, GApps and Magisk
  • Reboot to recovery and install new twrp, and firmware
  • Wipe is recomended
  • Flash ROM and GApps
  • Reboot to ROM and finish setup
  • Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk if you need it. Note, you must boot to rom first before flash Magisk. Dont flash it with ROM at once!

Known issues:
  • Wifi Diplay dont work
  • Test and find ;)

BaikalOS Team:
  • Andrey S. Shidakov (@andr68rus)
  • Sergey Vasisiev (@sdv22)

DONATE:
  • If you like our project, you can donat to us by PayPal

Sources:
Special Thanks:
  • GZOSP Team
  • AICP Team
  • OmniROM Team
  • @codeworkx for his major contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel and the awesome open source camera HAL
  • @ThE_MarD for help, manifests for oreo, and his contributions to x2 develop.
  • @mosimchah for his contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel
  • @moto999999 for helping the x2 get LAOS 15.1 working. When others left LAOS he helped get the momentum started again.
  • @infrag for his contributions to x2 such as the multiple audio fixes, LEDs and sorting out the open source camera HAL blobs and assisting with QS Torch
  • @shivatejapeddi for his contributions to x2 such as finding the fix for QS Torch and the regularly requested VoLTE support XD
  • @KuranKaname for his contributions to x2 such as helping get Dalvik VM and HWUI sorted out when 14.1 settings didn't work on 15.1, plus his never-ending mission to finding the most optimized code.
  • @Tortel1210 for his contributions to x2 and helping out with gerrit.
  • @GalaticStryder for his fix for truly display panel that is better than my fix and his other awesome kernel improvements.
    ViSi0Naryy for his contributions to LeEco msm9996-common with testing and contributions with Gerrit
  • ...and finally the community. This is for the community, by the community. Give yourselves a pat on the back. If I missed anyone? Please let me know and I can add them.

Last edited:

nageswarswain

Feb 6, 2014
JAJPUR,ODISHA,INDIA
Thanks for the brilliant ROM.Going to try for few days and will report.some feature request
1. Double tap on home screen to screen off.
2. Double tap on lock screen to screen off.
3. Soft keys Navigation bar.

There is a typing mistake on the attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181205-073920_BaikalOS_Extras.jpg
    Screenshot_20181205-073920_BaikalOS_Extras.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,703
Reactions: andr68rus

kostas1911

Dec 8, 2013
@andr68rus Could you fix 1)the sim change after reboot. I can't turn on data unless I go to settings and do it manually by selecting data over "ask for permission"
2)on aggressive idle, system terminates white listed apps too.

EDIT: After reboot, both Wi-Fi and data don't activate from notification titles. And on-call sound is really low.
++ Wi-Fi can't connect it says connecting and then the network gets tagged as "disabled".

Last edited:

mircio

Mar 13, 2018
If I understand correctly, the BaikalOS installation should be as follows:
1-we put on the phone: LEX820 (X2_CN) 20s, rom Baikal, TWRP, GApps and Magisk
2-reboot: install new TWRP, then LEX820 (X2_CN) 20s
3-wipe
4-Flash ROM BaikalOS and GApps
5-Reboot to ROM and finish setup
You can not install this rom directly on the installed lineage, aex or pixel. Does the phone have to be treble.

ernestorw

Dec 27, 2014
Berlin
If I understand correctly, the BaikalOS installation should be as follows:
1-we put on the phone: LEX820 (X2_CN) 20s, rom Baikal, TWRP, GApps and Magisk
2-reboot: install new TWRP, then LEX820 (X2_CN) 20s
3-wipe
4-Flash ROM BaikalOS and GApps
5-Reboot to ROM and finish setup
You can not install this rom directly on the installed lineage, aex or pixel. Does the phone have to be treble.
Must be trebelized, the phone must have the vendor-partition.

andr68rus

Nov 25, 2016
Tambov
ximiraga.ru
Guys, rom in development now, so not all feature work/not all powesave features implement. Sergey will make manual about powersaving settings soon, its important to set it correct to have great battery.
Please, post you bug report / feature request in github: https://github.com/baikalos/UserVoice/issues
It need simple registration, but we will not miss/forgot about your request, as we can on xda thread. Also we have telegram group: https://t.me/baikalos

andr68rus

Nov 25, 2016
Tambov
ximiraga.ru
Battery rock solid like frozen Baikal ?! :D.
Edit: Installed. Any way to remove the headband "search" bar other than using another launcher?
Battery power saving is not finished yet as we want it to work :) But soon it will be best :)
I will work on stock launcher soon, this is in ToDo. But as for me stock aosp launcher is has very weak functionality in compare it with for example Nova. And no profit to using it at all - it no faster, no less battery. But thats IMHO :)

kayyappan

Mar 10, 2011
Battery power saving is not finished yet as we want it to work :) But soon it will be best :)
I will work on stock launcher soon, this is in ToDo. But as for me stock aosp launcher is has very weak functionality in compare it with for example Nova. And no profit to using it at all - it no faster, no less battery. But thats IMHO :)

Could make out what you mentioned about battery. At present moved back to Nitrogen where I get close to 5 hours SOT with mixed usage. The attached screen shot from Nitrogen 12/01 is my usage with only few secs for GPS, good amount of browsing and rest my daily mixed bag.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181206-175735_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20181206-175735_Settings.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BaikalOS Pie PowerSave: minimize your battery drain.
    fv012v2.png

BaikalOS is our Android custom ROM variant with powersave and stability as #1 priority.
    Based on the Ground Zero Android Open Source Project (GZOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements and powersave features. BaikalOS isn’t better, just powersave.
    What is BaikalOS? | BaikalOS Source | BaikalOS Gerrit Review | BaikalOS Telegram Channel | BaikalOS Statistic | BaikalOS Crowdin

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /* Your warranty is now void .. bla-bla-bla... other non-informative text */
    BaikalOS 9.0 PIE PowerSave

Downloads:
    Supported devices: LEX820 (X2_CN), LEX821 (X2_WW), LEX822 (X2_CN), LEX829 (X2_NA)
    • BaikalOS official builds with delta-ota: DOWNLOAD
    • Open Gapps (ARM64, 9.0, pico or micro recomend)
    • TWRP for 9.0 treble here
    • Google Camera: (Recommend Tolyan009 builds as Arnova8G2 builds are not always compatible with Pie x2 ROMs here
    • Magisk (Root) (if u need it) can be found here. Note: install magisk only after reboot to rom!

ChangeLog: https://dl.baikalos.ru/x2/Changelog.txt
    Bug report: please, put your bug reports and feature requests here.

Firmware:
    Minimum required versions: LEX820 (X2_CN) 20s, LEX821 (X2_WW) 19s, LEX829 (X2_NA) 20s.
    Download: here

Optional newer versions:LEX820 (X2_CN) 30s LEX820 (X2_CN) 466D

Instructions :
    • Download TWRP, Firmware, ROM, GApps and Magisk
    • Reboot to recovery and install new twrp, and firmware
    • Wipe is recomended
    • Flash ROM and GApps
    • Reboot to ROM and finish setup
    • Reboot to recovery and flash Magisk if you need it. Note, you must boot to rom first before flash Magisk. Dont flash it with ROM at once!

Known issues:
    • Wifi Diplay dont work
    • Test and find ;)

BaikalOS Team:
    • Andrey S. Shidakov (@andr68rus)
    • Sergey Vasisiev (@sdv22)

DONATE:
    • If you like our project, you can donat to us by PayPal

Sources:
    Special Thanks:
    • GZOSP Team
    • AICP Team
    • OmniROM Team
    • @codeworkx for his major contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel and the awesome open source camera HAL
    • @ThE_MarD for help, manifests for oreo, and his contributions to x2 develop.
    • @mosimchah for his contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel
    • @moto999999 for helping the x2 get LAOS 15.1 working. When others left LAOS he helped get the momentum started again.
    • @infrag for his contributions to x2 such as the multiple audio fixes, LEDs and sorting out the open source camera HAL blobs and assisting with QS Torch
    • @shivatejapeddi for his contributions to x2 such as finding the fix for QS Torch and the regularly requested VoLTE support XD
    • @KuranKaname for his contributions to x2 such as helping get Dalvik VM and HWUI sorted out when 14.1 settings didn't work on 15.1, plus his never-ending mission to finding the most optimized code.
    • @Tortel1210 for his contributions to x2 and helping out with gerrit.
    • @GalaticStryder for his fix for truly display panel that is better than my fix and his other awesome kernel improvements.
      ViSi0Naryy for his contributions to LeEco msm9996-common with testing and contributions with Gerrit
    • ...and finally the community. This is for the community, by the community. Give yourselves a pat on the back. If I missed anyone? Please let me know and I can add them.
    Official builds of Android 10 have started

https://dl.baikalos.ru/BaikalOS-10/x2/
    Sorry man, but from all which You wrote until now, 100 times ask one the same question about SoT and bilions request to colleagues to give You screenshots about that, but in same time You do not want to test roms and check it by Yourself and choose what is the best for You, only logical conclusion is, You are not exactly normal human, some problem exist.
    Please do not spam here anymore !
    I appeal to admins and mods to keep and save us from this !!!
    Guys, rom in development now, so not all feature work/not all powesave features implement. Sergey will make manual about powersaving settings soon, its important to set it correct to have great battery.
    Please, post you bug report / feature request in github: https://github.com/baikalos/UserVoice/issues
    It need simple registration, but we will not miss/forgot about your request, as we can on xda thread. Also we have telegram group: https://t.me/baikalos
    I will install the Black Screen.V2 Kernel. First I have to install Baikalos and then write the result here.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone