[ROM][TREBLE][DISCONTINUED][FIGO]LineageOS 16.0 for Huawei P Smart 2018

Search This thread

Aboutto09

Feb 27, 2021
I experience exactly this, even on the most recent build. I'm on fig-lx1(c782).

What is your region code?

More generally do I need to switch it to c432 before trying again? Is it just a case of flashing oeminfo - I'm trying to end with a permanent hard brick.

Since it can't fix, it went back to EMUI 9, I have a Stock Rom with that version of Android

Rewdie

Feb 24, 2021
Hi, I have a problem with lineage OS 16 on my P Smart 2018, I use the version of TWRP 3.3, everything is fine when it comes to installing the rom, but the problem is when I am in the configuration wizard.
First: the Wi-Fi password does not recognize me, it tells me that it is not valid, it does not matter if I connect to another router or change the password to the router, it simply does not connect, I had to leave the router without a password and it was that I connected
Second: the other problem lies, in the google configuration it does not work, the screen remains black and from there it does nothing else, use the Opengapps ARM64 9.0 nano

I got to skip the google setup process on the first boot and update Android System Webview manually using an APK. That solved your second problem for me.

Dec 9, 2020
I got to skip the google setup process on the first boot and update Android System Webview manually using an APK. That solved your second problem for me.
Did you have the WiFi and password issue? Either way, what is your region code? C782, C432, etc. Without being able to use secured WiFi I see no point in me going round the install and reset to stock loop again.

Cheers

Dec 9, 2020
Did you try to reflash the stock recovery and do a factory reset through it?
I'm pretty sure I've tried that one, it was suggested early on in my attempts, and I'm still on stock :-(

I have the c432 oeminfo for the phone, just no experience of changing the region code and I'd rather avoid bricking the phone!

Cheers

Reactions: Shume

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / RC- RT Committee / Semper Salty
Staff member
* * * R E M I N D ER * * *

Please make sure all comments are helpful, respectful and not insulting or inflammatory.

Rude, insulting, disrespectful, or inflammatory comments are violations of Forum Rules and only degrade helpful communication within Xda.

Comments that violate the rules have been, and will continue to be deleted.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation..

Reactions: Another_Alchemist

j04nd03

Nov 9, 2015
Could anyone tell me which Gapps version actually works with the latest/last build? I've now tried to install OpenGapps pico, nano, full and stock (the ARM64 9.0 variant of course), and while the first two just hang inmidst setup (probably missing webview), the latter two are consistently crashing Pixel launcher over and over again.

While there is a Magisk module that fixes the Pixel launcher crashes on other LOS 16.0 devices, I can't get Magisk to work either. Patching the stock Recovery-RAMdisk with the Magisk app (as ist required for Huawei devices) seems to be successful, but after re-flashing the patched image via fastboot it's still not recognized within the Magisk app (and consequently the addon can't be used).

Any help would be appreciated.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Hama (Syria)
Could anyone tell me which Gapps version actually works with the latest/last build? I've now tried to install OpenGapps pico, nano, full and stock (the ARM64 9.0 variant of course), and while the first two just hang inmidst setup (probably missing webview), the latter two are consistently crashing Pixel launcher over and over again.

While there is a Magisk module that fixes the Pixel launcher crashes on other LOS 16.0 devices, I can't get Magisk to work either. Patching the stock Recovery-RAMdisk with the Magisk app (as ist required for Huawei devices) seems to be successful, but after re-flashing the patched image via fastboot it's still not recognized within the Magisk app (and consequently the addon can't be used).

Any help would be appreciated.
try the latest AEX 6.7 I post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Note
    • LineageOS 16.0 has been discontinued by LineageOS, nor interested to promote this device to 17.1 (as I don't own it anymore).

What's not working :
    • tell me.

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    1. Flash (latest) MIUI 9 for your device. I used dload method (extracting update zip and loading files to sd card, update using SD Card Upgrade from Phone Manufacture Mode or holding volume up, volume down and power when powering device on). MIUI 9 is required to flash Lineage OS, otherwise it'll end up in a bootloop.
    2. Unlock bootloader again if neccessary (sometimes EMUI Update locks bootloader, but you can use the same bootloader unlock code you already used to unlock it again, enable developer options in settings and enable oem unlock, then fastboot the device and use fastboot oem unlock).
    3. With bootloader unlocked and device set up using EMUI 9, flash twrp-3.4.0.0-v1-figo-haky86.img using fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk . Do not turn the device off or disconnect it yet.
    4. Reboot directly to TWRP. This is neccessary because after booting to system, EMUI will damage TWRP and therefore bootloop the device
      • Type fastboot reboot in cmd, don't enter yet.
      • Hold your phone in one hand pressing volume up and power at the same time.
      • Press enter on the keyboard, phone will reboot.
      • Instantly disconnect the usb cable from the phone while holding the buttons volume up and power.
      • Phone will reboot one more time. Hold the buttons until bootloader warning appears. Remove your fingers from the buttons. Phone will boot to twrp.
    5. in TWRP, wipe System, Cache, Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage (Be sure to backup all data before).
    6. Flash Lineage OS Rom either from ADB Sideload or from sd card. Both worked for me.
    7. To flash gapps, resizing system partition is needed. Go to wipe, mark only system partition, go to repair or change file system and choose resize file system. Without resizing, phone will end up in bootloop.

Extra Warning for Gapps: Be sure to flash a gapps package that contains "android system webview". This is neccessary to login to your google account. If Googles "android system webview " is not installed. setup will crash and you won't be able to enter your phone / use your google account. I'm pretty sure this is a lineage os bug, because Lineage OS has its own webview, its just not working. Until it works for account login, you'll have to stick with Googles Webview Version.

8. Flash Gapps.
    9. In TWRP, go to the reboot section. Connect phone to PC and choose reboot to bootloader. Phone should reboot to fastbood mode.
    10. Flash Stock Recovery using the same method used for twrp. (Step 3)
    11. Reboot to Stock recovery using the same method used when rebooting to twrp. (Step 4!)
    12. In EMUI Recovery, choose factory reset option, accept every warning and do factory reset.
    13. Choose reboot / reboot to system. Phone should boot to Lineage OS now.
    Downloads :

Resources for Developers:

Credits :
    • LineageOS Devs, it's based on official source for Berlekey for EMUI 9.x.

Telegram Channel for newer builds

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for EMUI 9.x, ROM for the Huawei P Smart

Contributors
    haky 86
    Source Code: https://github.com/hak86?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
    Beta
    Stable Release Date: 2019-09-30
    Beta Release Date: 2019-09-30

Created 2019-09-29
    Last Updated 2019-09-29
    lineage-16.0-20191007-UNOFFICIAL-figo

13/07/2020
    Looks like a great option to ditch Huawei's laggy EMUI 9 if everything works as expected and it seems like there will be no official updates anymore. I would gladly test it if my bootloader was unlocked.

I was able to unlock it by debranding to C432 June 2018 build and use DC to unlock it. actually I'm planning to release a fully worked android 10.
    Yes, I've noticed the Android 10 topic and posts on Telegram which seems even more promising.

Yeah, it looks like there is no other way but to downgrade it to DC-unlockable version. Hopefully I could do this with a Mac or there is still Windows required like in the old days?

It would be very helpful if you post step-by-step guide about how to bring locked EMUI 9 phone to your Android 9/10 ROMs. Based on other topics there's a lot of potential users with locked phones out there.

Keep up the good work which seems better than OEM at this point and they already moved on! :good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone