[ROM][TREBLE][DISCONTINUED][FIGO]LineageOS 16.0 for Huawei P Smart 2018

Search This thread

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
Note
  • LineageOS 16.0 has been discontinued by LineageOS, nor interested to promote this device to 17.1 (as I don't own it anymore).

What's not working :
  • tell me.

IMPORTANT NOTE :
  1. Flash (latest) MIUI 9 for your device. I used dload method (extracting update zip and loading files to sd card, update using SD Card Upgrade from Phone Manufacture Mode or holding volume up, volume down and power when powering device on). MIUI 9 is required to flash Lineage OS, otherwise it'll end up in a bootloop.
  2. Unlock bootloader again if neccessary (sometimes EMUI Update locks bootloader, but you can use the same bootloader unlock code you already used to unlock it again, enable developer options in settings and enable oem unlock, then fastboot the device and use fastboot oem unlock).
  3. With bootloader unlocked and device set up using EMUI 9, flash twrp-3.4.0.0-v1-figo-haky86.img using fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk . Do not turn the device off or disconnect it yet.
  4. Reboot directly to TWRP. This is neccessary because after booting to system, EMUI will damage TWRP and therefore bootloop the device
    • Type fastboot reboot in cmd, don't enter yet.
    • Hold your phone in one hand pressing volume up and power at the same time.
    • Press enter on the keyboard, phone will reboot.
    • Instantly disconnect the usb cable from the phone while holding the buttons volume up and power.
    • Phone will reboot one more time. Hold the buttons until bootloader warning appears. Remove your fingers from the buttons. Phone will boot to twrp.
  5. in TWRP, wipe System, Cache, Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage (Be sure to backup all data before).
  6. Flash Lineage OS Rom either from ADB Sideload or from sd card. Both worked for me.
  7. To flash gapps, resizing system partition is needed. Go to wipe, mark only system partition, go to repair or change file system and choose resize file system. Without resizing, phone will end up in bootloop.

Extra Warning for Gapps: Be sure to flash a gapps package that contains "android system webview". This is neccessary to login to your google account. If Googles "android system webview " is not installed. setup will crash and you won't be able to enter your phone / use your google account. I'm pretty sure this is a lineage os bug, because Lineage OS has its own webview, its just not working. Until it works for account login, you'll have to stick with Googles Webview Version.

8. Flash Gapps.
  9. In TWRP, go to the reboot section. Connect phone to PC and choose reboot to bootloader. Phone should reboot to fastbood mode.
  10. Flash Stock Recovery using the same method used for twrp. (Step 3)
  11. Reboot to Stock recovery using the same method used when rebooting to twrp. (Step 4!)
  12. In EMUI Recovery, choose factory reset option, accept every warning and do factory reset.
  13. Choose reboot / reboot to system. Phone should boot to Lineage OS now.
Downloads :

Resources for Developers:

Credits :
  • LineageOS Devs, it's based on official source for Berlekey for EMUI 9.x.

Telegram Channel for newer builds

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for EMUI 9.x, ROM for the Huawei P Smart

Contributors
haky 86
Source Code: https://github.com/hak86?tab=repositories

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information
Beta
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-30
Beta Release Date: 2019-09-30

Created 2019-09-29
Last Updated 2019-09-29

Attachments

• photo5803035579435299186.jpg
    photo5803035579435299186.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4,833
  • photo5803035579435299188.jpg
    photo5803035579435299188.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 4,879
  • photo5803035579435299187.jpg
    photo5803035579435299187.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 4,878
Last edited:

Bassman's

Mar 3, 2013
Looks like a great option to ditch Huawei's laggy EMUI 9 if everything works as expected and it seems like there will be no official updates anymore. I would gladly test it if my bootloader was unlocked.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Looks like a great option to ditch Huawei's laggy EMUI 9 if everything works as expected and it seems like there will be no official updates anymore. I would gladly test it if my bootloader was unlocked.

I was able to unlock it by debranding to C432 June 2018 build and use DC to unlock it. actually I'm planning to release a fully worked android 10.

Reactions: Bassman's

Bassman's

Mar 3, 2013
Yes, I've noticed the Android 10 topic and posts on Telegram which seems even more promising.

Yeah, it looks like there is no other way but to downgrade it to DC-unlockable version. Hopefully I could do this with a Mac or there is still Windows required like in the old days?

It would be very helpful if you post step-by-step guide about how to bring locked EMUI 9 phone to your Android 9/10 ROMs. Based on other topics there's a lot of potential users with locked phones out there.

Keep up the good work which seems better than OEM at this point and they already moved on! :good:

Reactions: haky 86
pls help me

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
  • tell me.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

Credits :

Contributors
haky 86

Version Information

Created 2019-09-29
Last Updated 2019-09-29

TWRP Problem Twrp hard brick don't erecovery and recovery won't open

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
Don't know how to unlock it

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

And is nova 3i project treble supported??

if your phone is launched with emui 8.0 yes it's supported, for unlocking you have to be on june 2018 firmware to unlock it via dc-unlocker.

GhostMX

Aug 17, 2016
I have a problem with the gapps, I can't download applications like Facebook or Chrome.
and I can't go back to emui 9.1 unless I run out of wifi signal and lost imei.

haky 86

Recognized Contributor
Oct 5, 2012
I have a problem with the gapps, I can't download applications like Facebook or Chrome.
and I can't go back to emui 9.1 unless I run out of wifi signal and lost imei.

As I told you, switch to C432.

TO ALL: I'm not responsible of any kind of bricks such as losing imei, hard brick, soft brick because you didn't follow my requirements.

CGR911

Feb 6, 2016
Error 7 when flashing through TWRP in FIG-LX3(C605), running 9.1.0.137; after trying some workarounds, it leaded to a constant recovery boot up loop.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note
    • LineageOS 16.0 has been discontinued by LineageOS, nor interested to promote this device to 17.1 (as I don't own it anymore).

What's not working :
    • tell me.

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    1. Flash (latest) MIUI 9 for your device. I used dload method (extracting update zip and loading files to sd card, update using SD Card Upgrade from Phone Manufacture Mode or holding volume up, volume down and power when powering device on). MIUI 9 is required to flash Lineage OS, otherwise it'll end up in a bootloop.
    2. Unlock bootloader again if neccessary (sometimes EMUI Update locks bootloader, but you can use the same bootloader unlock code you already used to unlock it again, enable developer options in settings and enable oem unlock, then fastboot the device and use fastboot oem unlock).
    3. With bootloader unlocked and device set up using EMUI 9, flash twrp-3.4.0.0-v1-figo-haky86.img using fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk . Do not turn the device off or disconnect it yet.
    4. Reboot directly to TWRP. This is neccessary because after booting to system, EMUI will damage TWRP and therefore bootloop the device
      • Type fastboot reboot in cmd, don't enter yet.
      • Hold your phone in one hand pressing volume up and power at the same time.
      • Press enter on the keyboard, phone will reboot.
      • Instantly disconnect the usb cable from the phone while holding the buttons volume up and power.
      • Phone will reboot one more time. Hold the buttons until bootloader warning appears. Remove your fingers from the buttons. Phone will boot to twrp.
    5. in TWRP, wipe System, Cache, Dalvik, Data, Internal Storage (Be sure to backup all data before).
    6. Flash Lineage OS Rom either from ADB Sideload or from sd card. Both worked for me.
    7. To flash gapps, resizing system partition is needed. Go to wipe, mark only system partition, go to repair or change file system and choose resize file system. Without resizing, phone will end up in bootloop.

Extra Warning for Gapps: Be sure to flash a gapps package that contains "android system webview". This is neccessary to login to your google account. If Googles "android system webview " is not installed. setup will crash and you won't be able to enter your phone / use your google account. I'm pretty sure this is a lineage os bug, because Lineage OS has its own webview, its just not working. Until it works for account login, you'll have to stick with Googles Webview Version.

8. Flash Gapps.
    9. In TWRP, go to the reboot section. Connect phone to PC and choose reboot to bootloader. Phone should reboot to fastbood mode.
    10. Flash Stock Recovery using the same method used for twrp. (Step 3)
    11. Reboot to Stock recovery using the same method used when rebooting to twrp. (Step 4!)
    12. In EMUI Recovery, choose factory reset option, accept every warning and do factory reset.
    13. Choose reboot / reboot to system. Phone should boot to Lineage OS now.
    Downloads :

Resources for Developers:

Credits :

Contributors
    haky 86

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2019-09-29
    Last Updated 2019-09-29
    lineage-16.0-20191007-UNOFFICIAL-figo

13/07/2020
    You obviously missunderstood me twice. What I was saying is that I already switched to your build and I'd like to use it, if I manage to fix the problem with the Pixel Launcher crash.

Not sure if you understand me this time, as you're obviously not a native speaker (I'm neither), so if anyone else is using his latest build with ANY VERSION OF GAPPS WHATSOEVER, it would be nice if they could tell me exactly which version they're using and/or provide me with a link.

I finally fixed WebView/Gapps and Wifi problems I've had with the latest build that was hosted on the official site. I'll write a short tutorial down here. You will need an SD Card for it.

First of all if you are having Wifi problems, make sure you aren't on the latest EMUI 9.1 update. I was on 9.1.0.216 or something. Just downgrade with an SD Card to something like .115, .120. Make sure to choose the right region for your phone (Ex. C432 for Europe), and model number FIG-L11/L31.
    Afterwards boot into fastboot by holding the power button and volume down button while plugged in a pc. Flash TWRP with recovery_ramdisk instead of recovery. Boot into twrp (power button + vol up + vol down) and make a wipe. Adb sideload Lineage OS 16.0 and OpenGapps nano. DON'T REBOOT INTO THE SYSTEM.
    Boot into fastboot again without exiting twrp by holding vol down + power button. Flash the stock recovery for Emui 9.1. Fastboot reboot, and plug off your device, hold the volume up button when prompted to go into the stock recovery.
    Format the device through the stock recovery and wipe cache afterwards. Boot into the system now and Wifi problems should be fixed.

WebView can be fixed with stock gapps, but I don't think our system partition is that big and we can't flash it. So I just downloaded an apk of webview, installed it on the phone, also downloaded a chrome apk and installed that (Stock web browser won't work). Downloaded AuroraStore from chrome, updated WebView through it and it works now.

Current problems I have are that I can't use the device for file transfers (MTP).
    And bluetooth is kinda broken.