- Oct 10, 2016
I don't know do you mean c432b390 or c636b390 - it's different but importantI understand I need to be in Nougat. I am not sure and is asking
1. if I can update directly from c636b168 to B390? Since it's the only one fw I can find right now. I don't know why ota doesn't work on my device. In some phones, if major updates, there's prerequisite rom needed.
2. And if ever I have successfully updated from B390 can I rebrand from there?
3. I also have twrp and root right now upon searching I understand I have to restore stock recovery and unroot if I am updating to B390 right?
4. I haven't thoroughly read about rebranding but my hunch says fw is not available anymore and if I'm lucky to be in this step, could you please reupload the files? Huawei recently deleted all their fws.
I am sorry for asking a lot of questions, just making sure before I proceed as I don't have UPDATE.APP. I am really looking forward to have this rom installed as I suffered from terrible connectivity issue and is driving me crazy.
You can not 'update' from c636b182 to c432b390 - you must always stay on the same cust
You either need to find Nougat version for c636, or you must first rebrand from c636 MM to c432 MM to be able then to update to c432b390 Nougat
That's the whole story about custs and rebranding (your Bootloader must be unlocked for rebranding) - please google about, there were many old posts and thread(s)/instructions here in XDA forum about rebranding and updating from MM to Nougat, etc
(That is not the same ss rebranding to Chinese Oreo - that will be the later step once you already succesfully update to Nougat either with c636, c432 or with any other cust
So again, you must do two steps:
- update c636 to Nougat or rebrand to c432 and then update to Nougat
-later, use HWOTA-7 thread to rebrand and update from Nougat to Chinese Oreo)
I really don't have any files for c636, I never used it.
And I was finished with my P9 two years ago, and sorry I really won't/cannot help about rebranding from c636 to c432 or so
PS: Go to the HWOTA-7 thread, last post - somebody asked and I dumped all things for Huawei P9 I still found on my PCs to my Mega account.
It should cover all files you will need for HWOTA-7 steps (rebranding from Nougat to Chinese Oreo) - but you will have to read and follow OP instrucrtions by the original developer in the HWOTA-7 thread
For c636, you could try searching for firmwares (but again, I never played with c636 and cannot recommend you any.firmware) at:
enter eva-l09c636 (if you have l09) or eva-l19c636 if you have l19 - but sometimes it's worth even to download a firmware for l19, unpack, and check if you find inside also a stuff for l09 or vice versa
They have complicated subscription/download rules (at least they had 2-3 years ago when I onced used them), but if you cannot find c636 firmwares anywhere else, maybe you will find there - under the E series, EVA
Sorry guys but you see that Huawei stopped providing firmwares for P9, Firmware Finder closed their store, it's two years too late for trying to upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat now - Huawei was releasing MM firmwares 2016-2017 and Nougat firmwares 2017-2020, now is already 2021, and the whole official/unofficial support, community, everything is practically dead by now