[ROM][Treble][microG]LineageOS 16.0 for HUAWEI P9

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I understand I need to be in Nougat. I am not sure and is asking
1. if I can update directly from c636b168 to B390? Since it's the only one fw I can find right now. I don't know why ota doesn't work on my device. In some phones, if major updates, there's prerequisite rom needed.
2. And if ever I have successfully updated from B390 can I rebrand from there?
3. I also have twrp and root right now upon searching I understand I have to restore stock recovery and unroot if I am updating to B390 right?
4. I haven't thoroughly read about rebranding but my hunch says fw is not available anymore and if I'm lucky to be in this step, could you please reupload the files? Huawei recently deleted all their fws.

I am sorry for asking a lot of questions, just making sure before I proceed as I don't have UPDATE.APP. I am really looking forward to have this rom installed as I suffered from terrible connectivity issue and is driving me crazy.
I don't know do you mean c432b390 or c636b390 - it's different but important

You can not 'update' from c636b182 to c432b390 - you must always stay on the same cust

You either need to find Nougat version for c636, or you must first rebrand from c636 MM to c432 MM to be able then to update to c432b390 Nougat

That's the whole story about custs and rebranding (your Bootloader must be unlocked for rebranding) - please google about, there were many old posts and thread(s)/instructions here in XDA forum about rebranding and updating from MM to Nougat, etc

(That is not the same ss rebranding to Chinese Oreo - that will be the later step once you already succesfully update to Nougat either with c636, c432 or with any other cust

So again, you must do two steps:
- update c636 to Nougat or rebrand to c432 and then update to Nougat
-later, use HWOTA-7 thread to rebrand and update from Nougat to Chinese Oreo)

I really don't have any files for c636, I never used it.
And I was finished with my P9 two years ago, and sorry I really won't/cannot help about rebranding from c636 to c432 or so

PS: Go to the HWOTA-7 thread, last post - somebody asked and I dumped all things for Huawei P9 I still found on my PCs to my Mega account.
It should cover all files you will need for HWOTA-7 steps (rebranding from Nougat to Chinese Oreo) - but you will have to read and follow OP instrucrtions by the original developer in the HWOTA-7 thread

For c636, you could try searching for firmwares (but again, I never played with c636 and cannot recommend you any.firmware) at:
1) https://androidhost.ru/search.html
enter eva-l09c636 (if you have l09) or eva-l19c636 if you have l19 - but sometimes it's worth even to download a firmware for l19, unpack, and check if you find inside also a stuff for l09 or vice versa
2) https://support.halabtech.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=folder&id=14393
They have complicated subscription/download rules (at least they had 2-3 years ago when I onced used them), but if you cannot find c636 firmwares anywhere else, maybe you will find there - under the E series, EVA

Good luck

Sorry guys but you see that Huawei stopped providing firmwares for P9, Firmware Finder closed their store, it's two years too late for trying to upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat now - Huawei was releasing MM firmwares 2016-2017 and Nougat firmwares 2017-2020, now is already 2021, and the whole official/unofficial support, community, everything is practically dead by now 😥

Last edited:
Reactions: danipan and MSe1969

danipan

Apr 13, 2013

You can not 'update' from c636b182 to c432b390 - you must always stay on the same cust

You either need to find Nougat version for c636, or you must first rebrand from c636 MM to c432 MM to be able then to update to c432b390 Nougat

That's the whole story about custs and rebranding (your Bootloader must be unlocked for rebranding) - please google about, there were many old posts and thread(s)/instructions here in XDA forum about rebranding and updating from MM to Nougat, etc

(That is not the same ss rebranding to Chinese Oreo - that will be the later step once you already succesfully update to Nougat either with c636, c432 or with any other cust

And I was finished with my P9 two years ago, and sorry I really won't/cannot help about rebranding from c636 to c432 or so

PS: Go to the HWOTA-7 thread, last post - somebody asked and I dumped all things for Huawei P9 I still found on my PCs to my Mega account.
It should cover all files you will need for HWOTA-7 steps (rebranding from Nougat to Chinese Oreo) - but you will have to read and follow OP instrucrtions by the original developer in the HWOTA-7 thread

For c636, you could try searching for firmwares (but again, I never played with c636 and cannot recommend you any.firmware) at:
enter eva-l09c636 (if you have l09) or eva-l19c636 if you have l19 - but sometimes it's worth even to download a firmware for l19, unpack, and check if you find inside also a stuff for l09 or vice versa
They have complicated subscription/download rules (at least they had 2-3 years ago when I onced used them), but if you cannot find c636 firmwares anywhere else, maybe you will find there - under the E series, EVA

Good luck

Sorry guys but you see that Huawei stopped providing firmwares for P9, Firmware Finder closed their store, it's two years too late for trying to upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat now - Huawei was releasing MM firmwares 2016-2017 and Nougat firmwares 2017-2020, now is already 2021, and the whole official/unofficial support, community, everything is practically dead by now 😥
I am aware it has to be the same. have the L19 C636B180 and was able to get the copy of C636B390.

EMUI 8.0 firmware
On Stock, if not yet done, apply all updates offered to you by the Stock ROM updater, until you are on the latest officially offered Android 7 (Nougat) EMUI 5.x release.
Once you are on Android 7 (aka Nougat), please visit this thread, which really explains step-by-step, what needs to be done. Really carefully ready everything and follow ALL the steps, especially, don't forget at the very end to flash the Stock EMUI recovery!
I just want to make sure before trying everything is B390 enough to be able to rebrand? I don't know what is the last rom available for P9. Is being Nougat enough or I have to be in last Nougat rom available?

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
Frankfurt Rhine-Main metropolitan region
I just want to make sure before trying everything is B390 enough to be able to rebrand? I don't know what is the last rom available for P9. Is being Nougat enough or I have to be in last Nougat rom available?
Last offered OTA Version is recommended, but "being Nougat" (aka EMUI 5) should be enough, as updates within one major version do not alter the underlying file system and partition structure.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I am aware it has to be the same. have the L19 C636B180 and was able to get the copy of C636B390.

Once again, upgrading build NUMBER Bxx has nothing with rebranding

Rebending means changing CUST Cyy

Updating Bxx with a different Cyy may result with:
- update failure
- or brick
So it's up to you if you think that b390 for c432 and c636 are the 'same' and that you will 'rebrand' just by using that firmware

Please google about rebranding, search on XDA P9 forum old posts, read the old threads, etc

If I recall correctly (again, it's been long ago when I was playing with P9 and Huawei), rebranding generally consists of installing the appropriate TWRP (there are different TWRP ports for P9 for MM, N and O), then flashing through TWRP an oeminfo backup from that different cust you want to rebrand to (like oeminfo for c432 for MM in your case), then installing the corresoonding firmware (like c432 but again MM build, not yet b390 Nougat) for that new cust, then wiping Data and only then rebooting (rebooting earlier may result in brick)

So again, don't use my 'guide' as above, this was just trying to explain you that rebranding is not that 'easy' as flashing different Cyy firmware - because oeminfo is not contained in the firmware and will not change just by flashing the firmware. Even worse, if you stay with c636 oeminfo and you flash c432 firmware you may brick your phone.
Also, do upon changing the oeminfo you must still stay on the same Android version bcs oeminfo image differs from MM, N and O - only upon successful rebranding from c636 MM to c432 MM you can update to c432 b390 N

My advice is again to take your time and study/learn about, find the proper guides - but if you think you know better and you can do it simpler way (just by flashing your b390 firmware, whatever it is), do it on your own risk and good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: danipan

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
@danipan - I searched instead of you (?), please for the beginning study the following guide about rebranding (it contains TWRP for P9 for MM and oeminfo for P9 c432 MM):
Read also (use Chrome and the built-in translator) the following tutorial - it includes rebranding at MM to c432:

More about custs, build numbering schemes etc, find at:

Last edited:
Reactions: danipan and MSe1969

danipan

Apr 13, 2013
@danipan - I searched instead of you (?), please for the beginning study the following guide about rebranding (it contains TWRP for P9 for MM and oeminfo for P9 c432 MM):
Read also (use Chrome and the built-in translator) the following tutorial - it includes rebranding at MM to c432:

Thanks, I thought rebranding is just about changing device model.

This will be much easier if huawei did not delete fw servers. My original plan is to update to Nougat C636 then rebrand (switching cust), if I cannot find fw files, and twrp needed then I'll just update it to N file I've found.

Just making sure I won't get bricked if I'm just updating fw from c636b180 to c636b390 right? - not related to rebranding

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks, I thought rebranding is just about changing device model.

This will be much easier if huawei did not delete fw servers. My original plan is to update to Nougat C636 then rebrand (switching cust), if I cannot find fw files, and twrp needed then I'll just update it to N file I've found.

Just making sure I won't get bricked if I'm just updating fw from c636b180 to c636b390 right? - not related to rebranding
TWRP for MM is in the rebranding guide I gave you today

TWRP versions for N and O (two different TWRP versions) are in the HWOTA-7 OP posts.
All three are also on my Mega account I mentioned

TWRP versions for MM and N are also in the Spanish guide I gave you earlier today - just read the things

If your b390 is really b636, it should work. But you have everything for rebranding to c432, it's not a big deal

Reactions: danipan

engsalam10

Apr 25, 2016
Screenshot (8).png
i am getting this error even i can flash open kirin rom normally

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
View attachment 5281269i am getting this error even i can flash open kirin rom normally
If you scroll back to page 11 of this thread, you'll see, that this issue has already been reported by somebody else. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, as I am not able to reproduce this issue with my device. However, I think I know today a little bit more than end of last year and I have an idea - I assume, that there might be, for whatever reason, a (slightly) different partition scheme with your device (e.g. there may be "different P9's" and Openkirin considers that already...):

Please connect to your device via adb shell and enter the following commands:
Step 1
mount | grep "system type"
You should get an output like the below:
Code:
HWEVA:/ $ mount | grep "system type"                                           
/dev/block/mmcblk0p52 on /system type ext4 (ro,seclabel,relatime,block_validity,delalloc,barrier,user_xattr)
Copy / note down the string after "/dev/block/", which - in above case - is "mmcblk0p52"

Step 2:
Now, enter the command cat /proc/partitions | grep mmcblk0p52 and - if the above would be different from "mmcblk0p52" - replace the expression after "grep" with "your string":
Code:
HWEVA:/ $ cat /proc/partitions | grep mmcblk0p52
 259        4    2031616 mmcblk0p52

I would like to see the output of both commands posted here. If my assumption is correct, the figure of the 2nd command shows something lower than 2031616 . . .

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
I had exactly the same problem - so i flash openkirin LOS with success, i root with magisk and i add microg manually. My phone : P9 Plus EMUI8 / VIE-AL10 8.0.0.550(C00) Chinese Model - p9 Plus Chinese is n't supported by your rom ?
Please execute the OS commands, which I have outlined in my last post on your phone. I need to see the results, maybe your phone has a smaller system partition size...

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
Interim Test build with altered target partition size

Hello @NeWONEx @1stapus @engsalam10 @twinstef

you have all reported a "remote: sparse flash write failure" issue, when attempting to flash my ROM via fastboot, whilst you had no issue in flashing the EMUI 8 Openkirin image. I have now analyzed the Openkirin sparse image and have reduced my target partition size definition to match the value, which is used for the Openkirin builds.

I have created a test build with the adapted size values. Could you please try to flash that build on your devices and report back?
Further, please provide the following information of your devices here:
1. The exact device type - e.g. P9 Plus, P9-EVA, ...
2. The build number - e.g. EVA-AL10 8.0.0.550(C00), VIE-AL10 8.0.0.550(C00), ...
3. The output of the above mentioned 'adb shell' commands

Thanks!

Reactions: engsalam10

brookie229

Aug 20, 2017
You need to purge your saved fingerprints, not the apps using them.

If you flash my ROM over Stock ROM or a different ROM via fastboot, you must boot into recovery and wipe the /data partition (factory reset) and afterwards cache.
Make sure to flash stock recovery (no TWRP)
Thanks - will do with the fingerprints.

I'm still not clear with the procedure (I'm new to this) and especially the step order. I'm on stock Oreo EVA-AL 10 (a rebranded L-29). If I'm reading correctly:

1. Boot into recovery and factory reset
2. Flash your ROM using Fastboot (I have no TWRP on device)
3. Wipe Cache
4. Don't understand "flash stock recovery"

Sorry about my newbie question but I don't want to wreck my device - maybe this procedure is NOT for me, lol.

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks - will do with the fingerprints.

I'm still not clear with the procedure (I'm new to this) and especially the step order. I'm on stock Oreo EVA-AL 10 (a rebranded L-29). If I'm reading correctly:

1. Boot into recovery and factory reset
2. Flash your ROM using Fastboot (I have no TWRP on device)
3. Wipe Cache
4. Don't understand "flash stock recovery"

Sorry about my newbie question but I don't want to wreck my device - maybe this procedure is NOT for me, lol.
As you don't have TWRP, the item "flash stock recovery" does not apply to you.
You do:
1. Reboot to bootloader and flash the system.IMG of my ROM with fastboot.
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Factory reset in recovery
4. Wipe cache in recovery
5. Reboot

brookie229

Aug 20, 2017
As you don't have TWRP, the item "flash stock recovery" does not apply to you.
You do:
1. Reboot to bootloader and flash the system.IMG of my ROM with fastboot.
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Factory reset in recovery
4. Wipe cache in recovery
5. Reboot
Thank you very much! Everything so far looks great. Do you have a PayPal account? I'd like to buy you a coffee or beer.(y):)

Reactions: MSe1969

P9_User

Oct 27, 2020
I need to ask a question even if it is not directly about this rom. Because the installation of the rom worked well and the OS does what I need with no workarounds, which is really great.

The one thing I miss to my old setup, where I had Playstore, is the easy update function for all downloaded app with Aurora. Do I have to check every installed app manualy if there are any new updates?

Havend found any clear answer yet...

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
I need to ask a question even if it is not directly about this rom. Because the installation of the rom worked well and the OS does what I need with no workarounds, which is really great.

The one thing I miss to my old setup, where I had Playstore, is the easy update function for all downloaded app with Aurora. Do I have to check every installed app manualy if there are any new updates?

Havend found any clear answer yet...
Aurora has a section, where you can see, if updates for your installed apps are available and from there, you can even say "update all"

Reactions: P9_User

P9_User

Oct 27, 2020
Another thing, does this ROM have some kind of global ad-blocker? Does not matter which browser I use (ffox, standard one), some websites (like local newspater) tell me to switch off the ad-blocker. Shure I had not switched it on andno difference using WLAN or mobile network.

MSe1969

Dec 16, 2016
Another thing, does this ROM have some kind of global ad-blocker? Does not matter which browser I use (ffox, standard one), some websites (like local newspater) tell me to switch off the ad-blocker. Shure I had not switched it on andno difference using WLAN or mobile network.
Yes, the /system/etc/hosts file contains a comprehensive list of blocked ad servers. (In fact coming from AdAway), see OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you OP for updates! Hi, I'm not new to flashing but this is the first time I'll be flashing on huawei. Currently, I'm still in EMUI 4, bl unlocked, from what I gathered I have to flash EMUI 8 first, but from where and do we have twrp treble for P9? And is it possible to flash any gsi roms or we can only flash what we have in here?
    Hi, this is all described in the OP, also with the fitting links. But once again in short:
    - Your starting point is EMUI 4, so you first need to get to EMUI 5 (Android 7), by applying the offered Stock OTA updates or via eRecovery.
    - If both does not help you to get to EMUI 5, you'll need to search the net on your own...
    - Make sure you have your BL unlock key handy, as it could even be, that your BL gets locked again
    - If you are on EMUI 5, follow all the instructions step-by-step in the linked thread (i.e. rebrand your device to Chinese, flash the EMUI 8 update, flash the further stuff, until you get a fully working EMUI 8 Stock ROM, which also recognizes your SIM card).
    - Apply all Stock updates, which will be offered to you then (I expect two, maybe three!)
    - Then, you are in a position to flash any GSI

Now to your specific questions:
    - There are misc. TWRP versions for the P9 out there, for the rebrand & upgrade to EMUI 8 exercise you'll even have to use them temporarily, but when all is finished, I do not recommend to use TWRP! (I like TWRP and it is a pitty, that it does not work properly with the P9, but is is as it is. I will therefore not support any issues resulting from the use of it!)
    - Although you can use any GSI, the camera will only work on those ROMs with a specific patch for the P9 camera, which more or less leaves you with either my ROM or the OpenKirin ROMs for this device, also because they have a specialized power profile
    One thing I'm most afraid of updating is it might lock my bl again. Does my code stay the same or does it change? Will rebranding also relock bl? As we know, our bl code is very precious right now.

Could you please reupload recovery if you have backups for our device P9 that I will be needing from updating to rebranding to flashing gsi? I tried to download one but is unfortunately not available anymore as the posts were already years old and xda recently migrated.

And, if I'm already done in everything, like I'm already using this rom, which recovery do you recommend?

I've customized a lot of different brands, and Huawei is the hardest and trickiest to tinker... Just for unlocking bl I've spent 2 years..

Also, I'm guessing by your response, I think magisk is not available to us?
    Your Bootloader code stays the same for a lifetime of your Huawei phone - no matter which EMUI version you go for

@MSe1969 Since there's no more firmware available and I am still in the launched firmware of P9 (the oldest) and is not getting ota. Can I jump from Android 6 to rebranded EMUI 8 or jump to the only P9 firmware I have found B390 which I do not know its Android version? I'm asking because in other brand some fw is required. Do I still have luck in trying this custom rom?
    No, HWOTA-7 thread, it's OP instrucrtions (and actually the way how HWOTA-7 method works by utilizing the TWRP for Android 7 - thus the '7' in its name) strictly reauires EMUI 5.1 (Android 7 = Nougat)

Btw, b390 should be Nougat (it's definitely Nougat if you are asking about c432 cust), no more Marshmallow (MM was up to b210 or b300 if making a rollback from Nougat to MM)
    I understand I need to be in Nougat. I am not sure and is asking
    1. if I can update directly from c636b168 to B390? Since it's the only one fw I can find right now. I don't know why ota doesn't work on my device. In some phones, if major updates, there's prerequisite rom needed.
    2. And if ever I have successfully updated from B390 can I rebrand from there?
    3. I also have twrp and root right now upon searching I understand I have to restore stock recovery and unroot if I am updating to B390 right?
    4. I haven't thoroughly read about rebranding but my hunch says fw is not available anymore and if I'm lucky to be in this step, could you please reupload the files? Huawei recently deleted all their fws.

I am sorry for asking a lot of questions, just making sure before I proceed as I don't have UPDATE.APP. I am really looking forward to have this rom installed as I suffered from terrible connectivity issue and is driving me crazy.

Good luck

This thread is dedicated to provide Lineage-OS 16.0 builds with microG included for the HUAWEI P9 with current security patches.

It is a treble build, therefore it could also work on other devices, but I haven't tested. And yes, the camera works!

Features of this ROM
    Download here
    • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid like the LineageOS for microG project (own fork)
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • Root included (switch on in dev. settings)
    • eSpeakTTS (FOSS TTS engine)
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    • Optional disabling of captive portal detection
    • Firewall UI
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Additional restrictions for secondary users
    • Increased password length
    • Hardened bionic lib and constified JNI method tables

Current release levels
    Security string: 2021-04-01
    AOSP tag: 9.0.0_r46
    Bromite System Webview: M90

Source-code and build instructions
    Device config.: https://github.com/lin16-microg/device_phh_treble/tree/lin-16.0-eva-p9
    Build manifest: https://github.com/lin16-microg/local_manifests/tree/lin-16.0-treble

Installation Instructions

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!

Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty of information available.

Pre-Requisites
    • Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb
    • An unlocked bootloader
    • EMUI 8.0 firmware

ONLY, If the above pre-requisites are met, download and unpack the linked ZIP file, and flash the .img file via fastboot.
    The OpenKirin installation instructions describe this in a very good way, I could not really explain it better (please note, that I have no relation to them, but they are really doing an amazing job!)
    Some hints:
    • If you come from an EMUI 8.0 stock ROM or a different treble build (which means, you are already on EMUI 8.0), don't forget the factory reset as described.
    • If you update one of my builds from this thread, you don't need to wipe anything
    • On some (but not all) PCs, you may have to run fastboot as Admin (Windows) or root/sudo (Linux)

If the above pre-requisites are NOT met, you will have some extra-rounds to perform, until you get there:
    Unlocked Bootloader
    Huawei has stopped providing unlock keys, so if you haven't got one, this thread and of course the search-engine of your choice may be helpful. I was lucky enough to obtain an official unlock key on the last day of HUAWEI's unlock page, so I have no experience with the unofficial unlock methods - good luck!

EMUI 8.0 firmware
    Get back to Stock ROM, if you use a Custom ROM. On Stock, if not yet done, apply all updates offered to you by the Stock ROM updater, until you are on the latest officially offered Android 7 (Nougat) EMUI 5.x release.
    Once you are on Android 7 (aka Nougat), please visit this thread, which really explains step-by-step, what needs to be done. Really carefully ready everything and follow ALL the steps, especially, don't forget at the very end to flash the Stock EMUI recovery!
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    The linked thread, as well as the Openkirin documentation point - via a Russian firmware site - to the domain 'hicloud.com' for the firmware download, which seems to be down. As suggested by @zgfg you can try either
    his Mega link or e.g. https://androidhost.ru/search.html

You need your unlock key handy: During this process, the bootloader will be automatically locked several times, so you need the key a couple of times to unlock again!
    A hint for Linux users: The HWOTA tool is in fact a windows wrapper around Linux shell scripts, so there is no real need to use Windows, if you have a working Linux installation (however, make sure to replace the 'mkdir' commands in hwota_eng.sh with 'mkdir -p').

Bug reports:
    If you have a problem, please create a post with these informations:
    Build Date:
    And try to get log as described here
    Please note that I can't and won't support issues with builds using a different kernel or Xposed.
    In regards to microG, I will try my best to help when it is related to this ROM (I use it myself), but any questions of the type "the YXZ-app can't do <some sort of fancy xyz Google functionality> properly" are better asked in the respective microG forums.

Credits
    AOSP project
    LineageOS project
    openkirin.net
    phhusson
    AndyYan
    Tecalote
    microG project
    Graphene OS project
    csagan5 (Bromite)
    WhyOrean (Aurora)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Treble][microG]LineageOS 16.0 for HUAWEI P9, ROM for the Huawei P9

Contributors
    MSe1969
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin16-microg/device_phh_treble/tree/lin-16.0-eva-p9

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Testing
    Stable Release Date: 2021-03-08

Created 2020-04-06
    Last Updated 2021-03-08
    New build with May 2020 ASB

Hi all, a new build is available for download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/li..._a_lineage16_20200508_system.img.zip/download

To install, download, unzip and follow instructions as outlined in OP.
    The build has the following features:
    • Sec. string 2020-05-01
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.127
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8
    • Fix of bundled 'netmonitor' app not starting

Regards, M.
    New build with July ASB patches

Hi all,
    a new build is available for download (install instructions, see OP):
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/li..._a_lineage16_20200708_system.img.zip/download

• ASB Security string 2020-07-01
    • microG: updated prebuilt GmsCore fom /e/ project (fixed FCM registration issues)
    • F-Droid updated to 1.8 / F-Droid privileged extension updated to 0.2.11
    • Aurorastore updated to 3.2.9 / AuroraServices updated to 1.0.6
    • Bromite Webview on 83.0.4103.101
    • Sepolicy: Netmonitor exception f. "Tracker Control" app

Happy flashing - regards, M.
    Kernel

Just gave a try to the ECO Kernel, which seems to run really fine on the P9.
    Instructions in the linked thread (I flashed the "04.05.20 build with Linaro").

Advantages:
    - Up to date with current patches (Stock kernel is from December 2018)
    - Hopefully better battery behavior

I'll report my impressions soon, after using the device for some time.
    Do you plan to provide regular updates with the latest security patches in the future?
    Yes, I do - April ASB is "already in the pipeline"...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone