[ROM][Treble][microG]LineageOS 16.0 for HUAWEI P9

Search This thread

Premier4ever

Nov 8, 2021
Yes, that is correct - I repeat: Only, if you have already my build on your phone!

Could you please provide the unsigned version of this ROM? I want to be able to play with it and modify some things and add a few required apps (by me, of course). I want to do this to my device, no publications are entended.
I tried and extracted it, did the modifications I wanted, repcked and flashed it but the device won't boot.

Last edited:
Could you please provide the unsigned version of this ROM? I want to be able to play with it and modify some things and add a few required apps (by me, of course). I want to do this to my device, no publications are entended.
I tried and extracted it, did the modifications I wanted, repcked and flashed it but the device won't boot.
Signing in fact is part of the entire build process, and "unsigned" is not a good expression, because every build is signed, but if you do not specify/foresee a signing key, the publicly known test key is used. I doubt that this really would help you - any modification would void the signature, you would have to re-sign anyhow - maybe you should try that? (I am not sure whether only each app is signed or also the image as such)
Besides, I don't have any "unsigned build lying around", which I could provide to you - I would need to especially build that for you and then upload (which I am honestly not willing to do).

May I ask what modifications you would like to do?

What you could do, is one of the following options, and that probably would suit you already:
  • adb root && adb remount && adb shell (ok, something is better not done while the system is up & running, but many things are possible, but you need to reboot afterwards)
  • temporarily flash a TWRP recovery and go from there (be warned, that this *may* create unwanted side effects! It is not recommended from my side, but if you want to anyhow modify things, you are on your own and you should know what you do and the risks)
  • to simply "get rid" of apps, you could use the 'pm disable' or command in an adb (root) shell
  • to simply add an app, it should be possible to manually add the files and set the permissions (don't forget the SELinux context!) and reboot
  • Just in case: If you are keen on flashing Gapps, there may be other side effects with the hardening measures of this ROM, in that case, you're maybe better off with an old OpenKirin build.
  • For Magisk, there should be a dedicated instruction around in the net (you may have to look in the web archive)

Premier4ever

Nov 8, 2021
Signing in fact is part of the entire build process, and "unsigned" is not a good expression, because every build is signed, but if you do not specify/foresee a signing key, the publicly known test key is used.

Thank you sir for you response,

As you can see, I am a newbie to this world and the "unsigned" term I used was not meant to be understood as a risky rom that is open to all sorts of attacks, what I meant was; the ability to do modifications and tweak the rom to my liking and preference out of the box without going through the hasle of doing it everytime I flash it, modifications such as ringtones, alarms, UI sounds, boot animation, wallpapers, kernel settings, adding and removing apps, launcher, keyboards and so on while keeping the rom neat, lite and small sized.
Sorry for impling that you have an open rom laying around and certainly I didn't mean that you build one specifically for me. My thinking was; since you are the maker/upgrader/modifier of the rom that means you already have the original build that can be worked on, kept updated and republished which I was kindly asking for but, after all that complexity you mentioned above I believe I am better off leaving that idea aside.

Sorry again for any inconvenience and I do really appreciate the work and effort you put into this.

P.S: English is not my spoken language therefore, I don't know how would my words sound to a native speaker, I apologise If they come out to be rude or insulting.

Last edited:
without going through the hasle of doing it everytime I flash it, modifications such as ringtones, alarms, UI sounds, boot animation, wallpapers, kernel settings, adding and removing apps, launcher, keyboards and so on while keeping the rom neat, light and small sized.
As explained, when you do fastboot flash system <name of unzipped .img file>, you simply replace the /system partition, which is anyhow mounted read-only. All your personal settings, installed apps, etc. are stored on the /data partition, which is not touched by the update.
- ringtones can simply be stored on your internal memory or SD card as files and used in the menu
- alarms are set in the respective menu and kept
- UI sound settings as well
- boot animation is indeed more complex (I would not mess around with that tbh)
- wallpapers are also set as part of your settings and additional ones can simply be stored on the int. memory or SD card
- you can individually install apps (will also not touched by the update), and you can "freeze" shipped system apps
- different launcher can be installed as regular app and then set, same applies to keyboard app
- so with the exception of boot animation and kernel settings (for the latter, you can also get some root-enables tweaking apps, but be careful with that), I do not really see any reason to modify the ROM itself

My thinking was; since you are the maker/upgrader/modifier of the rom that means you already have the original build that can be worked on, kept updated and republished which I was kindly asking for
I build this from source, making use od LineageOS code repository, Google Android code repository and my own modified sources. A good starting point on how that works can be found in the LineageOS wiki (here for a different device) and specifically to my build here - so the picture is different from your idea of using some "original ROM".

P.S: English is not my spoken language therefore, I don't know how would my words sound to a native speaker, I apologise If they come out to be rude or insulting.
No worries :)

Reactions: Premier4ever

kkgodygah

Feb 12, 2019
thank you for your great job with "Custom build release" that is so nice.

but i have small bug to report that is "The navigation bar covers the camera buttons“, so we cannot taka a picture.

thank you for your great job with "Custom build release" that is so nice.

but i have small bug to report that is "The navigation bar covers the camera buttons“, so we cannot taka a picture.
Thanks for the feedback and bug report - however, I don't have any issue on my own device.
Do you have a screenshot with your issue?

kkgodygah

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for the feedback and bug report - however, I don't have any issue on my own device.
Do you have a screenshot with your issue?
here it is
微信图片_20220518082902.jpg

what does a specific resolution mean? I use a Huawei p9 but the phone should be hot without doing anything also how should I do to solve?
My answer about the resolution was not for you, but for kkgodygah and the shown camera issue, look whose message I quoted.
My answer to you comes afterwards, I was asking you for a log or more details.

Olliblacklist

Sep 17, 2018
My answer about the resolution was not for you, but for kkgodygah and the shown camera issue, look whose message I quoted.
My answer to you comes afterwards, I was asking you for a log or more details.
in practice I install the rom and everything is successful only that the mobile phone becomes hot and remains hot and the battery runs out I don't understand why you can help me understand how I have to solve why I would like to keep the lineage 16 thanks

in practice I install the rom and everything is successful only that the mobile phone becomes hot and remains hot and the battery runs out I don't understand why you can help me understand how I have to solve why I would like to keep the lineage 16 thanks
I would really need to get more details, as I don't experience that issue and neither received I a similar feedback.
Have you installed any specific apps? Using a fancy "kernel tuning" app? Tried to flash a different kernel? Using Magisk with any specific module? Or e.g. using a root firewall app and block a system service, which shouldn't be blocked?
Or, you've set the Google/Facebook blocking, whilst e.g. having installed the FB spyware, so this app would constantly attempt to "phone home" ? Things like that...? This is blind guessing, I really need more info - best would be a log

Olliblacklist

Sep 17, 2018
I would really need to get more details, as I don't experience that issue and neither received I a similar feedback.
Have you installed any specific apps? Using a fancy "kernel tuning" app? Tried to flash a different kernel? Using Magisk with any specific module? Or e.g. using a root firewall app and block a system service, which shouldn't be blocked?
Or, you've set the Google/Facebook blocking, whilst e.g. having installed the FB spyware, so this app would constantly attempt to "phone home" ? Things like that...? This is blind guessing, I really need more info - best would be a log
no no without app i.e. after installing the rom the mobile phone starts to get hot the kernel I use yes and one modified on emui 8 tell me which kernel to use maybe I'll give it a try if you tell me how to register I'll send it to you

no no without app i.e. after installing the rom the mobile phone starts to get hot the kernel I use yes and one modified on emui 8 tell me which kernel to use maybe I'll give it a try if you tell me how to register I'll send it to you
In the process of getting to EMUI 8, it is clearly stated, that you should first verify, that all went well with EMUI 8, including the patches.
So did you verify, that you could use the phone with the Huawei EMUI 8 firmware properly, before flashing the system.IMG of this ROM?
And did you erase from recovery also the cache, as advised in the OP?

Olliblacklist

Sep 17, 2018
In the process of getting to EMUI 8, it is clearly stated, that you should first verify, that all went well with EMUI 8, including the patches.
So did you verify, that you could use the phone with the Huawei EMUI 8 firmware properly, before flashing the system.IMG of this ROM?
And did you erase from recovery also the cache, as advised in the OP?
sisi with emui 8 it is fine no problem but when I install lineage 16 everything is fine it starts and everything but the cell phone I do not know why it gets very hot it does it I am with linegae 16 then tonro with the backup to emui 8 and it is fine that is the cell phone does not become hot I do not understand why ... if you can help me thank you ... if then and the kernel I do not know tell me what you recommend or if there are patches that I can install via twrp

sisi with emui 8 it is fine no problem but when I install lineage 16 everything is fine it starts and everything but the cell phone I do not know why it gets very hot it does it I am with linegae 16 then tonro with the backup to emui 8 and it is fine that is the cell phone does not become hot I do not understand why ... if you can help me thank you ... if then and the kernel I do not know tell me what you recommend or if there are patches that I can install via twrp
Before you flash lineage, did you flash the EMUI recovery first? And then, after flashing lineageos over EMUI via fastboot, did you factory reset AND also erase the cache?

Top Liked Posts