• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][TREBLE][X72X][9.X][VoLTE] NitrogenOS 9 Pie [DELTA OTA]

Search This thread

andr68rus

Nov 25, 2016
Tambov
ximiraga.ru
nitrogen_accent.png

Feature requests will be ignored

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer
andr68rus - zl1 bringup, some device specific features etc etc

IxVVRiE.png

Firmware (minimum 20S): here

Copy the ROM, Firmware and Gapps into internal storage.
  • Go to your recovery
  • Wipe Data (if u are decrypted, format data)
  • Install Firmware, ROM and Gapps zip.
  • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
  • Enjoy

C8vWqi4.png

Beta versions HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like the ROM, you can donate me for bringup, trees, some patches etc.
andr68rus: PayPal
Or xyyx for the ROM.
xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
* SELinux permissive for now
* You tell me

Special Thanks:
  • @codeworkx for his major contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel and the awesome open source camera HAL
  • @ThE_MarD for help, manifests for oreo, and his contributions to x2 develop.
  • @mosimchah for his contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel
  • @moto999999 for helping the x2 get LAOS 15.1 working. When others left LAOS he helped get the momentum started again.
  • @infrag for his contributions to x2 such as the multiple audio fixes, LEDs and sorting out the open source camera HAL blobs and assisting with QS Torch
  • @shivatejapeddi for his contributions to x2 such as finding the fix for QS Torch and the regularly requested VoLTE support XD
  • @KuranKaname for his contributions to x2 such as helping get Dalvik VM and HWUI sorted out when 14.1 settings didn't work on 15.1, plus his never-ending mission to finding the most optimized code.
  • @Tortel1210 for his contributions to x2 and helping out with gerrit.
  • @GalaticStryder for his fix for truly display panel that is better than my fix and his other awesome kernel improvements.
    ViSi0Naryy for his contributions to LeEco msm9996-common with testing and contributions with Gerrit
  • ...and finally the community. This is for the community, by the community. Give yourselves a pat on the back. If I missed anyone? Please let me know and I can add them.

XDA:DevDB Information
NitrogenOS 9.0 Pie for Le Pro 3, ROM for the LeEco Le Pro3

Contributors
andr68rus
Source Code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-23
Last Updated 2018-10-23

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181023-135932_Quickstep.jpg
    Screenshot_20181023-135932_Quickstep.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 17,244
  • Screenshot_20181023-135936_Quickstep.png
    Screenshot_20181023-135936_Quickstep.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 17,247
  • Screenshot_20181023-135946_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20181023-135946_Settings.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 17,017
  • Screenshot_20181023-135953_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20181023-135953_Settings.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 16,985
Last edited:

Hidden1977

Nov 29, 2017
Great ROM. The only thing missing is choosing a dark theme as in omni. Here is a great block of extended settings. It is worse in omni.

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Seems like I am following you around to ask a same question. Here I am again: does this rom have LiveDisplay feature which enables you to change color profile and calibration?

It does have Live display, and it has Kcal built into the system which is really nice. Its not exactly the same as what you are talking about but nonetheless pretty good. But It doesn't have options to set the display to Dynamic, Photography, Cinema etc. But those settings are just saved profiles. and you can pretty much achieve the same lighting and colour with Kcal.

4K2K

May 22, 2015
It does have Live display, and it has Kcal built into the system which is really nice. Its not exactly the same as what you are talking about but nonetheless pretty good. But It doesn't have options to set the display to Dynamic, Photography, Cinema etc. But those settings are just saved profiles. and you can pretty much achieve the same lighting and colour with Kcal.

Thank you for the detailed answer. You again saved me from wasting time and hassle.

And no, Color Profile is not just saved profiles and one cannot achieve color correction only with Kcal. While Kcal does provide color calibration, it is quite limited unless paired with Display Profile. Put simply, without a Color Profile option, the display sits somewhere near the Adobe RGB color spectrum, just like Samsung phones before they introduced Screen Mode (primary colors looked neon due to it.) Making changes via Kcal does not help much when whole spectrum is off to begin with.

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Thank you for the detailed answer. You again saved me from wasting time and hassle.

And no, Color Profile is not just saved profiles and one cannot achieve color correction only with Kcal. While Kcal does provide color calibration, it is quite limited unless paired with Display Profile. Put simply, without a Color Profile option, the display sits somewhere near the Adobe RGB color spectrum, just like Samsung phones before they introduced Screen Mode (primary colors looked neon due to it.) Making changes via Kcal does not help much when whole spectrum is off to begin with.

Yes, I am fully aware of what ICC profiles are. I was attempting to keep the answer stupid simple. Most people would have no idea.
I used to work at ICG with Don Hutcheson before he retired. He is one of the main contributing pioneers in digital colour correction http://www.hutchcolor.com/Don.html ICG invented the original commercial grade CCD drum scanner., today's mass production heidelberg commercial grade scanners use ICG patents. I am not claiming to have anywhere near his understanding or maybe yours. but I certainly paid attention.

Understand the wide color gamut mode

Edit : If you saved a preferred setting with Kcal, it would still be a profile.
No its not nearly as good as what comes with Lineage or Samsung and its parameter settings are good enough for real color profiling Nonetheless, its still saved colour, shades and lighting , what name would you give a saved setting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4K2K

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Yes, I am fully aware of what ICC profiles are. I was attempting to keep the answer stupid simple. Most people would have no idea.
I used to work at ICG with Don Hutcheson before he retired. He is one of the main contributing pioneers in digital colour correction http://www.hutchcolor.com/Don.html ICG invented the original commercial grade CCD drum scanner., today's mass production heidelberg commercial grade scanners use ICG patents.

Understand the wide color gamut mode

Edit : If you saved a preferred setting with Kcal, it would be a profile. No its not nearly as good as what comes with Lineage or Samsung. Nonetheless, its still saved colour and lighting , what named would you give the saved setting?

I tried to use roms that do not have Color Profile options but just could not handle the skewed color. I thought it was a curse to be color sensitive and blamed my photography background. Hell, most people prefer adobeRGB screen on SRGB content thinking it is so vivid and nice. Look at how people setup TVs - cranked up saturation, contrast and even sharpness. An eyesore but to my amusement, people like it that way.
I find it interesting that you with such a background are okay with this issue. And I admire you for that. I wish I could handle incorrect colors. Funny thing is, I have no taste when it comes to food and audio. I guess all my sensitivity went toward color rendition.

Regarding the question, I do not know. Maybe Color Parameters?

EDIT: fixed grammar.

Reactions: tsongming

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
I tried to use roms that do not have Color Profile options but just could not handle the skewed color. I thought it was a curse to be color sensitive and blamed my photography background. Hell, most people prefer adobeRGB screen on SRGB content thinking it is so vivid and nice. Look at how people setup TVs - cranked up saturation, contrast and even sharpness. An eyesore but to my amusement, people like it that way.
I find it interesting that you with such a background are okay with this issue. And I admire you for that. I wish I could handle incorrect colors. Funny thing is, I have no taste when it comes to food and audio. I guess all my sensitivity went toward color rendition.

Regarding the question, I do not know. Maybe Color Parameters?

EDIT: fixed grammar.

Parameters, that is the word, I stand corrected. Have you tried Lineage 16? it's fantastic, it still has bugs but less than any other Le Pro 3 , Pie Rom. You will like Omni, but at the moment it has alot of issues. I am going to stick with Lineage 16 for now until these other Rom's mature.

I am just a wanna be photographer. Music, is my biggest hobby, and I was just out of college when I was lucky enough to find work with ICG and travel the world. First as a salesperson, later a support tech and finally management. I am sure that you know alot more about colour profiling than I do. Thanks.

Reactions: 4K2K

4K2K

May 22, 2015
Parameters, that is the word, I stand corrected. Have you tried Lineage 16? it's fantastic, it still has bugs but less than any other Le Pro 3 , Pie Rom. You will like Omni, but at the moment it has alot of issues. I am going to stick with Lineage 16 for now until these other Rom's mature.

I am just a wanna be photographer. Music, is my biggest hobby, and I was just out of college when I was lucky enough to find work with ICG and travel the world. First as a salesperson, later a support tech and finally management. I am sure that you know alot more about colour profiling than I do. Thanks.

Yes, I have been on Lineage 16 about a week. It works great and luckly, I do not have issues for my use beside it asking for SIM card setup upon boot up. I also found it to offer great battery life which is crucial for me.
However, though it works great, I prefer roms with more features so I wanted to try this rom but its lack of Color Profile is a deal breaker.

Reactions: tsongming

Zimtsäure

Mar 30, 2013
Stuttgart
After using at least 4 months Validius, now I have switched to this rom. My first Android 9 on my LX720! I'm very pleased how lean, fast and feature-rich the rom is, and I have no issues till now excepting of this one:

Cyrillic SMS are sent again as empty spaces. This is presumably a unicode-issue of Lineage for this mobile (cyrillic is only one case of unicode...), noticed by me at first with Android 8. I thought that it will be solved once and for all in Android Pie, and I hope it further. Nevertheless, I will use now NitrogenOS as daily driver, I like it!

Last edited:

krol.76

Jan 1, 2018
For those who have problems with device certification

There are many ways to bypass certification
1.How to bypass the certification of the device after first run
Reboot into Recovery
Open a terminal
Enter:
adb root

Then:
adb shell 'sqlite3/data/data / com.google.android.gsf/databases / gservices.db'

Select * from "main" where "name" = " android_id";"
Then sign up - https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
Reboot!
2. Need Ruth.
Navigate to the "market" folder under /data/data / com.android.vending / shared_prefs.
Locate the finsky file.xml. Open the text editor, find the key "device-google-certified" and change false to true, but before saving, stop the play store
Overload the phone.
If this line is not present - it needs to be added.
3. 1. Open build.prop to / vendor
2. Looking for the line "ro.vendor.build.fingerprint", and copy the value
3. Open build.prop in /system, and insert the value in "ro.build.fingerprint"
4. Restart the device, and clean the data "play store", " Google play services"
5. Rejoice certification

4.Manual" certification " of the device
!!! If you are at the initial setup stage, you need to complete it. If you are prevented from notifying about the need for certification - disable them !!!

Download and install this .apk file: https://mega.nz/#!e1EC2CyT!71oJAaqbDokkz378NtpMygWiCLN7Xpdciupset-i-y8
Go to the previously installed application and copy the number from the line " Google Service Framework (GSF)"
Go to the website >>>
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
You can use a PC, but be sure to log in with the same Google account as on Your device
If you're not logged in, sign in to your Google account on your device
Ready!

5.Download and install this .apk file: https://mega.nz/#!j4UiDQ7J!ULDmlxl-C0vtbs76dZqT12g_D61_ADZRfYwIeKiRvyq
Go to the previously installed application and copy the number from the line " Google Service Framework (GSF)"
Go to the website >>>
https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/hex-to-decimal.html
Insert these values "Google Service Framework (GSF)"in the "Enter hex number" field"
Copy the converted number from the "Decimal number" field"
Go to the website >>>
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
You can use a PC, but be sure to log in with the same Google account as on Your device
Insert the converted number into the field and click " Register"
Ready! : lol: (my certification appeared only after a complete reset of the device)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nitrogen_accent.png

Feature requests will be ignored

mSx8lRG.png

Based on AOSP

ZpXJzKd.png

xyyx (Max) - main developer
    andr68rus - zl1 bringup, some device specific features etc etc

IxVVRiE.png

Firmware (minimum 20S): here

Copy the ROM, Firmware and Gapps into internal storage.
    • Go to your recovery
    • Wipe Data (if u are decrypted, format data)
    • Install Firmware, ROM and Gapps zip.
    • Reboot - 1st boot takes around 5-10 minutes.
    • Enjoy

C8vWqi4.png

Beta versions HERE

f9K0L2y.png

If you like the ROM, you can donate me for bringup, trees, some patches etc.
    andr68rus: PayPal
    Or xyyx for the ROM.
    xyyx: PayPal

NnOP1ox.png

Nitrogen Project

Known Bugs:
    * SELinux permissive for now
    * You tell me

Special Thanks:
    • @codeworkx for his major contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel and the awesome open source camera HAL
    • @ThE_MarD for help, manifests for oreo, and his contributions to x2 develop.
    • @mosimchah for his contributions to the LeEco msm8996-common code and kernel
    • @moto999999 for helping the x2 get LAOS 15.1 working. When others left LAOS he helped get the momentum started again.
    • @infrag for his contributions to x2 such as the multiple audio fixes, LEDs and sorting out the open source camera HAL blobs and assisting with QS Torch
    • @shivatejapeddi for his contributions to x2 such as finding the fix for QS Torch and the regularly requested VoLTE support XD
    • @KuranKaname for his contributions to x2 such as helping get Dalvik VM and HWUI sorted out when 14.1 settings didn't work on 15.1, plus his never-ending mission to finding the most optimized code.
    • @Tortel1210 for his contributions to x2 and helping out with gerrit.
    • @GalaticStryder for his fix for truly display panel that is better than my fix and his other awesome kernel improvements.
      ViSi0Naryy for his contributions to LeEco msm9996-common with testing and contributions with Gerrit
    • ...and finally the community. This is for the community, by the community. Give yourselves a pat on the back. If I missed anyone? Please let me know and I can add them.

XDA:DevDB Information
    NitrogenOS 9.0 Pie for Le Pro 3, ROM for the LeEco Le Pro3

Contributors
    andr68rus
    Source Code: https://github.com/nitrogen-project

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-23
    Last Updated 2018-10-23
    Good to hear about your motherboard.

Me too! I am very happy to continue being a part of this wonderful community!

I consider many of you guys, as very good friends. Truly, I would be very sad with not being able to continue sharing our mutual interests among my XDA comrades.
    Hello all! Sorry for long delay, now build will be regular (min few times per month).
    New build: Nitrogen-OS-P-zl1-20190221-1649
    Download: http://dl.nixadm.ru/nitrogen-9-zl1/Nitrogen-OS-P-zl1-20190221-1649.zip
    Description:
    * Fully rebased trees (same as on omni official)
    * Kernel from BaikalOS, last NitrogenOS changes
    * Now build will be regular (min few times per month).
    What camera app are you guys using I have tried a bunch and cannot get one to work right....

Use these 3, they do not conflict, and Night Sight Works on Le Pro 3:

Best with portrait Shots
    GCam_5.3.015-Pixel3Mod-Arnova8G2-1.4.apk

Night Sight Camera
    GoogleCamera_6.1.013.216795316-debug

Still best detail when not using portrait.
    Arnova's v8.3b1: GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.3b1.apk
    This thread is named "Nitrogen OS 9 Pie for X72x" not "Which phone I should buy". You have so many offtopic posts so please stop. Thank you.

P.S. It is not forbidden to open another thread and discuss about other phones so please do that because this is not place for such discussions.