[ROM][tulip][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [UNOFFICIAL][20190222][weeklies]

blackman01

Jun 4, 2016
Ranchi

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • VoLTE
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • FM
  • LED
  • GPS
  • OTG
  • DT2W

Known issues:
  • SELinux status: Permissive
  • You Tell me

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Download ROM
Gapps

Kernel source

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][tulip][9.0] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro

Contributors
Aryan Gupta, Taran Hora, rama982
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Recommended firmware + Unlocked bootloader + TWRP
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-02-22
Last Updated 2019-02-22[/QUOTE]

Attachments

Last edited:

denis231

Feb 16, 2008
Niort
Dear Op, first thanks for this initiative. I just wanted to know why starting a new development LOS 16.0 for our device ? There is already an existing thread. Is it a technical issue or a different approach ? I am just curious. I guess the goal is to get Official LOS status, why not joining forces then ? Thanks a lot.

blackman01

Jun 4, 2016
Ranchi
Dear Op, first thanks for this initiative. I just wanted to know why starting a new development LOS 16.0 for our device ? There is already an existing thread. Is it a technical issue or a different approach ? I am just curious. I guess the goal is to get Official LOS status, why not joining forces then ? Thanks a lot.
You can say just a new approach i.e. weeklies ...i cant tell abt but this will here always

Draky50110

Jan 30, 2011
Cherbourg-Octeville
www.parigotmanchot.fr
So you're going to update it with every bugfix from LOS ?
Merging every week, right ?

How can we update ? OTA is working ?

I'm on last beta GLOBAL MIUI 10 ROM, not sure I will have all features like fingerprint or face unlock but LOS is a great ROM.
How are notch and notification icons managed ?
Time on left + only one notification icon + dot ?

Last edited:

Sasori95

Dec 29, 2015
does safetynet works.??
The ROM is really smooth, I didn't encounter any problem except the ctsProfile test in Safetynet.

Fortunately, the fix is easy :

Replace the value in ro.build.fingerprint to this in /system/build.prop :

ro.build.fingerprint=xiaomi/tulip/tulip:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V10.2.2.0.OEKMIXM:user/release-keys

Hope it works !

Reactions: dhuriajay

dhuriajay

Jul 1, 2013
Mumbai
The ROM is really smooth, I didn't encounter any problem except the ctsProfile test in Safetynet.

ro.build.fingerprint=xiaomi/tulip/tulip:8.1.0/OPM1.171019.011/V10.2.2.0.OEKMIXM:user/release-keys

Hope it works !
thanks.. will try and confirm..

dhuriajay

Jul 1, 2013
Mumbai
thanks.. will try and confirm..
thar solution works.. but can you elaborate a bit..

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Hope it works !
it worked.. but can you elaborate a bit..

The_Milkman27

Mar 28, 2019
I flashed this ROM a month ago, works fine apart from two problems:

- The camera works fine in photo mode, but when I switch over to video mode and try to start recording, I get "Camera error, Can't connect to the camera". Any ideas?
I replaced the stock camera with snap camera, that works fine and can also record videos

- Duolingo just randomly crashes shortly after startup. Might be a problem with the app itself or the app needs Gapps to run (I don't have any form of Gapps on my phone)