[ROM] [TUTORIAL] HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS 16 BETA 6 NO GAPPS ON HUAWEI DEVICES

Chaosdave34

Jan 11, 2021
Did you get it to work. I have a Mate 10 lite with android 8 and emui 8.0 with August 1 security patch. Thinking of trying potatoNV and custom rom. But I won't risk briking my phone cz i have no replacement. Can you provide with the details you weny through? And i see that when u flashes twrp u got stuck. Then how did you manage to get the custom RoM running without twrp. And how did you get it to work after getting stuck.
Yes installing works. I used PotatoNV, alternative you follow the obove tutorial to downgrade and use DCUnlocker. Installing the rom works with fastboot tool, not with custom recovery. After getting stuck on login screen I had to hard reset my mobile. When using custom rom its always important to take backup. If you really want to use PotatoNV you carefully need to open your device. I recommend usinh this tutorial https://openkirin.net/user_guide/openkirin-rom-installation-instructions/ because its the official one.

Reactions: mimo.aridi

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Yes installing works. I used PotatoNV, alternative you follow the obove tutorial to downgrade and use DCUnlocker. Installing the rom works with fastboot tool, not with custom recovery. After getting stuck on login screen I had to hard reset my mobile. When using custom rom its always important to take backup. If you really want to use PotatoNV you carefully need to open your device. I recommend usinh this tutorial https://openkirin.net/user_guide/openkirin-rom-installation-instructions/ because its the official one.
Ah okay cool thank you. And now it's working normally for you on the custom lineage os?
Can you then install twrp while using it? Because i see that they don't come with gapps and and i would like to install a gapps package.

Chaosdave34

Jan 11, 2021
Ah okay cool thank you. And now it's working normally for you on the custom lineage os?
Can you then install twrp while using it? Because i see that they don't come with gapps and and i would like to install a gapps package.
Openkirin Rom comes with gapps. I still dont get twrp recovery working but you don't need it. You can even root your phone without custom recovery. Lineageos is now working without any errors only a few Bluetooth devices cant be connected.

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Openkirin Rom comes with gapps. I still dont get twrp recovery working but you don't need it. You can even root your phone without custom recovery. Lineageos is now working without any errors only a few Bluetooth devices cant be connected.
Lovely. Thanks buddy. I don't mean to be rude but can i pm you if I'm Stuck at something. I have experience with these stuff. But haven't touched them since i got this phone 3 years ago.

Purrrturbed

Aug 28, 2020
Did you get it to work. I have a Mate 10 lite with android 8 and emui 8.0 with August 1 security patch. Thinking of trying potatoNV and custom rom. But I won't risk briking my phone cz i have no replacement. Can you provide with the details you weny through? And i see that when u flashes twrp u got stuck. Then how did you manage to get the custom RoM running without twrp. And how did you get it to work after getting stuck.
Hello, I don't know if I can help but i would strongly advise against using TWRP! See my note in the tutorial.

SPECIAL NOTE #2: To install LineageOS the device must be on EMUI 8, therefore on Android 8 with an unlocked bootloader. Additionally, the device must be a supported device - please check OpenKirin’s devices list. All of this considered: in order to satisfy these 2 special requirements this may result in the need for both downgrading and upgrading firmware throughout the following steps. Also, keep in mind: TWRP and other custom recoveries are not supported! Please ensure that the device’s stock recovery installed. Please do not use TWRP or any custom recovery, the following install method will work perfectly fine with only the stock recovery installed. Make sure device is supported by OpenKirin, check here (See link: 4.https://openkirin.net/devices/)

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Hello, I don't know if I can help but i would strongly advise against using TWRP! See my note in the tutorial.

SPECIAL NOTE #2: To install LineageOS the device must be on EMUI 8, therefore on Android 8 with an unlocked bootloader. Additionally, the device must be a supported device - please check OpenKirin’s devices list. All of this considered: in order to satisfy these 2 special requirements this may result in the need for both downgrading and upgrading firmware throughout the following steps. Also, keep in mind: TWRP and other custom recoveries are not supported! Please ensure that the device’s stock recovery installed. Please do not use TWRP or any custom recovery, the following install method will work perfectly fine with only the stock recovery installed. Make sure device is supported by OpenKirin, check here (See link: 4.https://openkirin.net/devices/)
Okay well noted. Thank you so much. Yes my device is listed in both potatoNV and kirin os sites. And i have emui 8. Currently downloading all requirements. I'll post my feedback soon.

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Yes of course you can dm me if anything doesn't works or you get stuck.

Yes, you can.
After successfully installing Lineage 16 you can install and use TWRP without any problems, for example, this one
It's recommended install it over eRecovery, but it's your choice...
Thanks guys worked perfectly from first try. I'm using now lineage os with magisk on my mate 10 lite,

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks guys worked perfectly from first try. I'm using now lineage os with magisk on my mate 10 lite,
Alright so far everything works fine except for a bug when i download an apk from Chrome and install it the package manager screen gets stuck and can't get rid of it unless i restart. No big deal. However my battery is draining more quickly than stock rom. @Chaosdave34 do u have the same battery issue?
@-Alf- @Purrrturbed is there a guide or a way to go back to stock if i want to? I downloaded stock firmware but idk how to proceed from there.

Chaosdave34

Jan 11, 2021
Alright so far everything works fine except for a bug when i download an apk from Chrome and install it the package manager screen gets stuck and can't get rid of it unless i restart. No big deal. However my battery is draining more quickly than stock rom. @Chaosdave34 do u have the same battery issue?
@-Alf- @Purrrturbed is there a guide or a way to go back to stock if balancedi want to? I downloaded stock firmware but idk how to proceed from there.
Getting stuck while installing apks is very rare. Just reboot. You're battery is maybe draining faster with every new android version (from android 8 to android 9). I use the root app LSpeed and set all options to balanced.
Downgrading to Emui 8 https://ministryofsolutions.com/201...te-rne-l21-downgrade-firmware-330-europe.html.

Purrrturbed

Aug 28, 2020
@-Alf- @Purrrturbed is there a guide or a way to go back to stock if i want to? I downloaded stock firmware but idk how to proceed from there.
I will refer you to the OpeKirin support page they have somewhat of tutorial on the things you need to get back to stock, "See How to Flash Partition" link for example at: https://openkirin.net/support/

I am not affiliated with OpenKirin by the way.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
is there a guide or a way to go back to stock if i want to?
Having TWRP on board you can revert to stock using HuRupdater 0.4 Tool . From Firmware Finder for Huawei apk download EMUI 8 fullOTA-MF firmware (three files) and follow instructions
Note: you have to rename two files same as mentioned below:
- update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
- update_full_RNE-L21_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip
-update.zip don't rename.

This process will not lock the bootloader again . The dload method with Service ROM will erase all your data and lock the BL again.

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Having TWRP on board you can revert to stock using HuRupdater 0.4 Tool . From Firmware Finder for Huawei apk download EMUI 8 fullOTA-MF firmware (three files) and follow instructions
Note: you have to rename two files same as mentioned below:
- update_data_full_public.zip to update_data_public.zip
- update_full_RNE-L21_hw_eu.zip to update_all_hw.zip
-update.zip don't rename.

This process will not lock the bootloader again . The dload method with Service ROM will erase all your data and lock the BL again.
Unfortunately i don't have twrp since open kirin said it's not recommended.
And I'm a bit confused if i want to use the dload method. There are three zip files foe each full firmware like you mentioned. All three zip files have the update.app file. But one of them is the biggest in size 2GB. Do i use this one? I don't mind locking bootloader again. I can easily unlock it with potatoNV.

As well as i read the openkirin support page. They said i can flash the stock system.img,ramdisk.img,kernel.img and recovery_ramdis.img using fastboot. But again from what update.app should i extract these because the full ota has 3 zip files with 3 seperate update.app.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Unfortunately i don't have twrp since open kirin said it's not recommended.
And I'm a bit confused if i want to use the dload method. There are three zip files foe each full firmware like you mentioned. All three zip files have the update.app file. But one of them is the biggest in size 2GB. Do i use this one? I don't mind locking bootloader again. I can easily unlock it with potatoNV.

As well as i read the openkirin support page. They said i can flash the stock system.img,ramdisk.img,kernel.img and recovery_ramdis.img using fastboot. But again from what update.app should i extract these because the full ota has 3 zip files with 3 seperate update.app.
Wrong firmware bro..
Download correct Service ROM from androidhost.ru website
(check EMUI version, Cxxx (the bracketed (Cxxx) is your device’s regional variant.
This number is very important in determining the correct firmware to download!!! ) . Type RNE- or Rhone- .
Unpack .zip archive , find dload file in "Software" folder, and simply transfer it to the SD card, without unpacking it!
Turn off your phone and flash FW using three button combo.

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Wrong firmware bro..
Download correct Service ROM from androidhost.ru website
(check EMUI version, Cxxx (the bracketed (Cxxx) is your device’s regional variant.
This number is very important in determining the correct firmware to download!!! ) . Type RNE- or Rhone- .
Unpack .zip archive , find dload file in "Software" folder, and simply transfer it to the SD card, without unpacking it!
Turn off your phone and flash FW using three button combo.
i used this site. because i cant find my firmware on any other:
Online firmware database ⋆ TEAM MT Developers (pro-teammt.ru)
Rne-l21 8.0.0.348 (c185)
The fullota has three zip files with the biggest one being update.zip
it has an update.app inside it. Can i create a dload folder and out it in my sd card??

Attachments

mimo.aridi

Dec 18, 2012
Okay, good luck!

P.S.: will not work :) , I tried to explain it to you...
Hey sorry for late reply. But it actually worked bro. I installed the update.zip of my firmware. Exctracted the system.img from update.app and flashed it with fastboot. Then wiped data in stock recovery. Now i have stock rom and rooted with magisk. Bootloader still unlocked. And with stock recovery.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Hey sorry for late reply. But it actually worked bro. I installed the update.zip of my firmware. Exctracted the system.img from update.app and flashed it with fastboot. Then wiped data in stock recovery. Now i have stock rom and rooted with magisk. Bootloader still unlocked. And with stock recovery.
I talked about this bro:
it has an update.app inside it. Can i create a dload folder and out it in my sd card??
dload and fastboot are slightly different methods :)