- Jan 19, 2009
A lot of people have been asking for a slimmed-down bloat-free Marshmallow ROM so here it is. This is not a bone stock ROM. The initial release v1.0 has just the basic and most requested mods. I am limited on time and am working on a N5/S7 port so this is what you get for initial release. If I have time I will add more features in the future. I'm going to try to make this OP short and straight to the point. If you appreciate my work please take the time to make a small donation. I do this for everyone for free and I enjoy doing it for you all. Please show me some love! It means a lot! Enjoy!
- For the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P
- Software version: N910PVPU4DPE1
- Samsung Touchwiz Marshmallow 6.0.1
- Factory Samsung PE1 kernel
- Root and SuperSU by Chainfire
- Fully odexed system with a hybrid odexed/deodexed framework
- Removed/disabled Knox and Sprint Itson
- Removed almost all Google apps (install what you want from Google Play Store)
- Includes almost all factory installed Samsung apps (more can be installed from Galaxy apps or Google Play)
- Include Sprint Zone app and Visual voicemail (use Sprint Zone app to install any Sprint sponsored apps and manage your Sprint account etc.)
- Removed ALL additional bloat apps that normally get installed by default
- All preinstalled apps have been updated as of 6/11/2016
- No stock Samsung features/services where removed (I leave these things so that the phone is fully functional the way it should be.)
- Native hotspot has been unlocked
- 5-way reboot mod
- High volume warning disabled (when using the 3.5mm headphone jack with ear buds, etc you will not get the annoying popup)
- Xposed friendly framework (ofcourse there's no guarantees that Xposed modules will not cause problems with ANY rom)
- CSC mods
- In-call recording
- added camera shutter sound option
- Use camera during phone call
- Added call/message blocking in settings (useful for when you're using hotspot and don't want incoming calls to disconnect it)
- Silenced power on & off sounds (you can rename the boot animations and power on/off sounds in system/media folder. Remove "-OFF" from the file name to make them active)
- Hulu and Netflix work upon flashing ROM (to use Google media streaming services etc you will have to rename system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto-OFF.so to liboemcrypto.so)
- I can't remember what else...
Important!!! Before flashing this ROM you MUST first update your software to N910PVPU4DPE1 either by taking the ota update on your phone or download the N910PVPU4DPE1 rom tar and flash it with Odin on your PC. No exceptions. Please backup your current files from storage/sd card if you choose and/or make a nandroid backup with current TWRP. Do not post asking for help if you flashed this ROM without first updating your firmware to N910PVPU4DPE1. Also, DO NOT flash this rom on your Sprint N4 if you are using it on a different carrier!!! I do not support this ROM for use other than the Sprint Note 4 on the Sprint network. Period. You are on your own if you choose to flash this ROM to be used on any other device OR carrier.Steps for success:
***Once you do the above requirement, follow these steps***
*First update to PE1 software/firmware as mentioned above.
*Next, LET YOUR PHONE BOOT UP COMPLETELY with the new PE1 software and verify that your phone is activated correctly and data and calls work as they should. This is very important!!!
*Next download the latest odin flashable TWRP from HERE and save the tar on your PC.
*Download and install Odin 3.10.6 or newer on your PC. (Search for it here on XDA)
*Reboot your phone to download mode by powering off your phone then press and hold the power button, volume down and home buttons at the same time until your phone vibrates and shows the Download mode screen. Follow the instruction on the screen to continue to the next screen.
*Next launch Odin and connect your phone to the usb cable connected to your PC and make sure it says "added" in the left pane of Odin.
*Keep the phone IN YOUR HAND and click on the "AP" button to add the TWRP tar to be flashed then go ahead and press "Start" to flash TWRP. It flashes pretty quick.
*As soon as you see "PASS" in green in the upper left corner of Odin immediately press on hold power, volume up and home buttons so that your phone reboots straight to TWRP. If you're late then either quickly pull the battery OR quickly hold power, volume down and home button until the phone vibrates and reboots again. When you feel the phone vibrate, quickly press the three buttons HOME, VOLUME UP and POWER to reboot to recovery or simply pull the battery if you can't get the hang of it. The important thing is to not let the phone reboot to the os because it can overwrite TWRP and replace the stock recovery. If that happens repeat all of these steps again.
*Once your in TWRP read the important message in red on the center of the screen and go ahead and swipe to ALLOW modifications. You can't install ota updates when running custom roms anyway so allow TWRP to modify the system so that recovery can't be replaced by the stock system.
*This concludes initial steps to install TWRP.
1. Download the ROM from the link at the bottom of this post (verify the MD5!!!) and place the zip on your phone's internal storage or sd-card.
2. Backup your current files from if you choose and/or make a nandroid backup with TWRP.
3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and do a factory reset, wipe cache, dalvic-cache, system and data a few times each.
4. Flash the rom zip and let it do it's thing. When flash is finished you will be prompted to reboot your phone.
5. Reboot system and it will do one quick reboot to install the root img created by the root package during flash. The next boot cycle will show the boot animation.
6. The phone will fully boot in exactly 3 minutes from the the boot animation.
7. Proceed with setup wizard and you're done! :victory:
***Incase you lose root due to installing a security patch or doing a factory reset, etc, just reboot to recovery and flash BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip which will be located on the root of your internal sdcard. I put it there for convenience. It is the exact same version used in the rom zip***[/SIZE][/B]
***without the following none of this fun stuff would be possible***
@Chainfire for root and SuperSU Thank you!
TeamWin for TWRP recovery. Thanks guys!
@iBotPeaches for Apktool Thank you!
@JesusFreke for smali/baksmali Thank you!
@freeza for his continued support of our N4 and building our custom kernels. Thank you!
@Jasi2169_TeamURET for Dex Manager v1.1 Thank you!
@Diamondback for Virtous Ten Studios, an AMAZING piece of work! Thank you!
@tdunham for his unified mods thread and his continued support on XDA and being a good friend. Thank you!
My hangouts people who all contribute and make this fun and who support me in this hobby! Thank you everybody!
My donators. Thank you all!
Slimmed Odexed N910PVPU4DPE1 By: Mr. Wonderful, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPE1
Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPE1_N910PSPT4DPE1_CL7972191_QB9448159_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-06-11
Current Beta Version: N/A
Last Updated 2016-06-12