Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
FyrestoneROM T113
The simplicity of TouchWiz system without superfluous​

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Introduction:
This Rom is the stock samsung without annoying apps and with some tweaks made to make your life easier.
I have a lot to do for make it better, but I hope you appreciate my work, if you don't thanks for giving me a chance.​

Features:
  • Based on T113XXU0ARB1
  • Debolated - Samsung and Google apps (350 MB of useless apps)
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Faster animation scale
  • Knox Free
  • Removed boot sound
  • Rooted with SuperSu
  • Busybox
  • Sony System signature - Feel free to install sony apps from play store!
  • AOSP Keyboard
  • Removed Samsung Update
  • Allow apps access to external storage
  • Removed Loud volume warning
  • Cyanogen/LineageOS UI sounds

Tweaks:
  • Battery Tweaks
  • Better scrolling
  • Video acceleration and HW debugging
  • Better RAM management
  • Google DNS

Download Link:
MD5: b7694314c6cfe88f013522b86319210d

Old version [4 Feb 2017]: DOWNLOAD
MD5: 283aa300c00ae227b4362945925db4b4

Old version [4 Jan 2017]: DOWNLOAD
MD5: 6f97e788b0b2571742b256e6fcaf1e86

How to install The Rom:
Update your bootloader and baseband to XXU0ARB1 before flash!
1. Flash TWRP 2.8.7.0.tar with Odin 3.12.10.
2. Flash TWRP 3.0.2-0.img inside the recovery (Select Install image and choose Recovery partition).
3. Reboot into TWRP 3.0.2-0.
4. Copy FyrestoneROM_T113_XXXXX.zip in your SD Card.
5. Wipe: System, Data, Cache and Dalvik.
6. Optional – Wipe Internal Storage.
7. Install FyrestoneROM_T113_XXXXX.
8. Reboot and wait about 10 minutes.

How to install The Firmware:
1. Download and extract a zip file containing your desired firmware.
2. Open Odin Tool.
3. Boot your device in the "Download Mode":
(Press Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active.)
4. Connect your device to PC via the USB cable while in download mode.
5. Next, check the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options in Odin Tool.
6. Hit the AP/PDA button then browse and select a tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
7. Finally press the start button to begin flashing the firmware update on your device.

Credits:
Google for Android OS
Samsung for FW and source
Sony for System signature
Cyanogenmod for File manager
@SuperR for the kitchen
@bravonova for Build.prop Tweaks
@Chainfire for SuperSu
@mrRobinson for AdAway

XDA:DevDB Information
FyrestoneROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Contributors
Jimbus369
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: T113XXU0AQA1
Based On: STOCK Samsung

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.0
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-04

Created 2017-01-04
Last Updated 2018-08-18

Last edited:

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
Reserved

Changelog:
27 July 2018:
Updated to XXU0ARB1
Fixed all previous issues
Removed Cyanogen File manager and Adawey
Now Thunderoar Kernel v5.0 is fully compatible
Updated Busybox and SuperSu

4 Feb 2017:
Updated to XXU0AQA1
Removed some Bloatware
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Faster animation scale
Allow apps access to external storage
Loud volume warning removed
Cyanogen/LineageOS UI sounds
Battery Tweaks
Increase Quality Of Media Streaming
Fixed Google DNS
Fixed Calendar Sync
Various build.prop changes
Various fix

4 Jan 2017:
Initial release

Known issues:
Calendar doesn't synchronize --> Calendar_sync_fix.zip
Tablet doesn't support vpn functionality --> VPN_FIX.zip
Print spooler does not works --> PrintSpooler_FIX.zip

Last edited:
Fantastic! Finally we've got a rom of our very own, for which you've got my immense thanks. I'm very much looking forward to trying it out.

Unfortunately when I flashed it there was a loooong wait on the Samsung logo, and then... Well, after an hour I booted back to recovery to start over.

I honestly don't think your rom was the problem though, because from some point last night everything I tried - custom rom flashing and nandroid backup restores - wound up the same way. Odin + stock + root got a usable system at least, and today's been too busy to try again. But when I do I'll post back about how it goes.

(Sadly, I can't go back in time to see what order I did things and look for a pattern if this happens again. In case it might be useful to anyone, I know for sure I'd gotten stock set up comfortably and made a complete backup before giving thunderoar's T113 kernel a whirl, and that went swimmingly. Even had mounts2sd properly recognizing external sd set up after a long struggle, though not actually enabled yet. Don't know what else i did between making that backup and trying to flash this, but it's likely I just screwed something up somehow.)

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
Fantastic! Finally we've got a rom of our very own, for which you've got my immense thanks. I'm very much looking forward to trying it out.

Unfortunately when I flashed it there was a loooong wait on the Samsung logo, and then... Well, after an hour I booted back to recovery to start over.

I honestly don't think your rom was the problem though, because from some point last night everything I tried - custom rom flashing and nandroid backup restores - wound up the same way. Odin + stock + root got a usable system at least, and today's been too busy to try again. But when I do I'll post back about how it goes.

(Sadly, I can't go back in time to see what order I did things and look for a pattern if this happens again. In case it might be useful to anyone, I know for sure I'd gotten stock set up comfortably and made a complete backup before giving thunderoar's T113 kernel a whirl, and that went swimmingly. Even had mounts2sd properly recognizing external sd set up after a long struggle, though not actually enabled yet. Don't know what else i did between making that backup and trying to flash this, but it's likely I just screwed something up somehow.)

Upgrade your firmware to PH5 before flash and use TWRP 3.0.2-0.
Firmware: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-T113
TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/goyave/
Wipe all partition in TWRP:
System, Cache, Dalvik and if you can internal Storage.
Thunderoar Kernel isn't compatible with PH5 firmware for the moment.

Let me know how it goes :)

Reactions: PushyPhoenix
Thanks so much for responding even though I didn't specifically ask.

Pretty much all my knowledge comes from following instructions in these forums and piecing little bits of information together, so I've got a few questions - trying to understand the "why" behind these things in order to be more self-sufficient. ;) Please feel free to point me towards resources where I can learn more!

Upgrade your firmware to PH5 before flash and use TWRP 3.0.2-0.
This is a surprise to me - I'd always thought that when flashing a new ROM, everything gets replaced. I never would have figured this part out on my own!

There's no Canadian version - but should I presume that, since this is a Wi-Fi only device, the CSC isn't too important?
How much does this matter even when using a device with a network connection?

(Ooops, forgot to do this right off the bat. My bad!)
Does recovery version generally make a big difference?

Wipe all partition in TWRP:
System, Cache, Dalvik and if you can internal Storage.
I've been wiping Data as well - is that not necessary?
Does wiping Internal Storage have a big effect? I suppose there's a fair bit of app-specific stuff in there that could cause issues?

Thunderoar Kernel isn't compatible with PH5 firmware for the moment.
Ah well, soon enough!

Let me know how it goes :)
Of course! You're investing time in putting this together, and helping out users; the very least I can do is let you know what's going on with that time you've invested!

Okay, about to check on the firmware installation!

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
This is a surprise to me - I'd always thought that when flashing a new ROM, everything gets replaced. I never would have figured this part out on my own!

When you install a rom, especially a TW one, in most case you need a specific Bootloader to cause it to start and work smoothly.

Wikipedia:
A boot loader is a computer program that loads an operating system or some other system software for the computer after completion of the power-on self-tests; it is the loader for the operating system itself. Within the hard reboot process, it runs after completion of the self-tests, then loads and runs the software. A boot loader is loaded into main memory from persistent memory, such as a hard disk drive or, in some older computers, from a medium such as punched cards, punched tape, or magnetic tape. The boot loader then loads and executes the processes that finalize the boot. Like POST processes, the boot loader code comes from a "hard-wired" and persistent location; if that location is too limited for some reason, that primary boot loader calls a second-stage boot loader or a secondary program loader.

The bootloader runs your rom with specific instructions, if the rom does not support an older bootloader simply does not boot. My rom does not support the older bootloader. A zip flash in this case cannot upgrade a delicate part like the bootloader. You need to flash the newer one with Odin. ;)

There's no Canadian version - but should I presume that, since this is a Wi-Fi only device, the CSC isn't too important?
How much does this matter even when using a device with a network connection?

The latest update for your country is PA5. Try with THIS.
Your country code is XAC.
The CSC (Sale Country Code) Is that part of the firmware that contains all the telephone operator customizations (e.g. WAP, MMS) for the intended country. As far as i know, It is not important for us. :)

(Ooops, forgot to do this right off the bat. My bad!)
Does recovery version generally make a big difference?

Yes, the Recovery can make the difference.

I've been wiping Data as well - is that not necessary?
Does wiping Internal Storage have a big effect? I suppose there's a fair bit of app-specific stuff in there that could cause issues?

I forgot to write data, my bad! But i wrote it in the instructions in the first topic. For personal experience i had different issues when I didn't formatted the Internal Storage. The Android folder, .thumbnails and others, can create issues.

Ah well, soon enough!

I hope that in the next update we could use this kernel. :fingers-crossed:

Of course! You're investing time in putting this together, and helping out users; the very least I can do is let you know what's going on with that time you've invested!

Okay, about to check on the firmware installation!

I want to give my best support at all users in difficulty, if you have a problem just ask. :good: :good:

Sorry for my english :D

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
You're doing just fine!

I'll reply more later, but wanted to report that it's installed and running very smoothly! Haven't played around much but will do at home later.

If you've got any tips for getting mounts2sd up and running I'd really appreciate it!

:) I'm happy to hear it. Anyway, I don't know how mounts2sd works. Have you already tried HERE?

:) I'm happy to hear it.
Life has gotten in the way of playing around with this, but thought I'd send you an update as I said I would...

Your rom is running really nicely on my tablet as I use it daily. It's smooth and small, with no unexpected reboots or fc's on installed apps. Didn't wipe internal SD but it hasn't given me any issues with existing data (probably because there wasn't much to start with).

One thing that has caused a problem is calendar sync. It looks like you've taken out the actual syncing service, so when I try to access my calendars through any app I'm asked to add a new Google account, even though everything's already set up in "Accounts" under Settings. I haven't tried running the "calendars.providers.apk" from my other phone, that should fix the problem - but I don't want to use the wrong version and break something!

Also, I've confirmed that the only time I got mounts2sd working, it was with thunderoar's kernel. So guess that's going to have to wait.

A few adjustments I made to the setup were to uninstall all "unnecessary" system apps (not needed to run the device), and re-install them from the store. This way I've got 676mb free on /system and still over 1.5GB free on internal storage.

I've also added a multi-reboot menu to make getting into recovery or download mode simpler, and this is loading more quickly on your rom than stock. I've also had to modify permissions.xml to allow apps to access external storage by default, and made another tweak to disable the "loud volume warning" (don't remember quite what it was offhand).
Would you consider adding these to a future version?

Again, thanks SO much for putting this together, answering questions, and doing your thing. It's greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
Life has gotten in the way of playing around with this, but thought I'd send you an update as I said I would...

Your rom is running really nicely on my tablet as I use it daily. It's smooth and small, with no unexpected reboots or fc's on installed apps. Didn't wipe internal SD but it hasn't given me any issues with existing data (probably because there wasn't much to start with).

One thing that has caused a problem is calendar sync. It looks like you've taken out the actual syncing service, so when I try to access my calendars through any app I'm asked to add a new Google account, even though everything's already set up in "Accounts" under Settings. I haven't tried running the "calendars.providers.apk" from my other phone, that should fix the problem - but I don't want to use the wrong version and break something!

Also, I've confirmed that the only time I got mounts2sd working, it was with thunderoar's kernel. So guess that's going to have to wait.

A few adjustments I made to the setup were to uninstall all "unnecessary" system apps (not needed to run the device), and re-install them from the store. This way I've got 676mb free on /system and still over 1.5GB free on internal storage.

I've also added a multi-reboot menu to make getting into recovery or download mode simpler, and this is loading more quickly on your rom than stock. I've also had to modify permissions.xml to allow apps to access external storage by default, and made another tweak to disable the "loud volume warning" (don't remember quite what it was offhand).
Would you consider adding these to a future version?

Again, thanks SO much for putting this together, answering questions, and doing your thing. It's greatly appreciated!

The calendar sync issue should be fixed in the next update.

Anyway, If I have enough time, the next update should contain a lot of new features. Your suggestions are already planned :) :good:

When you install a rom, especially a TW one, in most case you need a specific Bootloader to cause it to start and work smoothly.

The bootloader runs your rom with specific instructions, if the rom does not support an older bootloader simply does not boot. My rom does not support the older bootloader. A zip flash in this case cannot upgrade a delicate part like the bootloader. You need to flash the newer one with Odin. ;)
One more question about this: The way you've worded the second paragraph seems to imply only that older bootloaders don't work with newer roms, so are newer bootloaders backwards compatible? Say I've got the PH5 bootloader installed and I want to restore a backup of the previous firmware, do I have to flash that firmware first?

Sorry if it seems obvious, this is how we learn!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Labs

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
One more question about this: The way you've worded the second paragraph seems to imply only that older bootloaders don't work with newer roms, so are newer bootloaders backwards compatible? Say I've got the PH5 bootloader installed and I want to restore a backup of the previous firmware, do I have to flash that firmware first?

Sorry if it seems obvious, this is how we learn!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Labs

Absolutely it isn't obvious, don't worry ;). The Bootloader, for my personal experience, are backwards compatible. I don't have a scientific knowledge about this, but for what I did with other device it can work. Just try :fingers-crossed:, don't forget a full backup.

Calendar_sync_fix.zip
Here is a fix for calendar sync.
@PushyPhoenix Thanks for reporting this issue
This is a huge help, as one reason for getting this tablet was to use the calendar on a bigger screen.... Thanks so much!

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

The Bootloader, for my personal experience, are backwards compatible. I don't have a scientific knowledge about this, but for what I did with other device it can work. Just try :fingers-crossed:
Fantastic - it worked on my S5 (had to restore a backup to retrieve some data).

don't forget a full backup.
Never! The most important thing, along with wiping. :D

Reactions: Jimbus369

dhruvpatel_9880

Feb 3, 2016
kharghar
I don't think it can work. If your device codename is Goyave you can try. Let me know if it works
First of all thanks for replying
My device codename is Goyave3g5m probably .
Can you please tell me which all models have same codename "Goyave"?
And cm 11 for sm-t116 works well on my sm-t116ny.
I will try and let you know does it boots .

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

It is working on sm-t116ny :eek::)
But wifi hotspot not working :(
Please help

Last edited:

Jimbus369

Feb 11, 2015
First of all thanks for replying
My device codename is Goyave3g5m probably .
Can you please tell me which all models have same codename "Goyave"?
And cm 11 for sm-t116 works well on my sm-t116ny.
I will try and let you know does it boots .

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

It is working on sm-t116ny :eek::)
But wifi hotspot not working :(

T113/T113nu and T116/T116ny have a similar codename and hardware (The recovery have goyave codename, therefore any rom with goyave codename can be flashed). For the hotspot, maybe some missing libraries, a different driver or a different kernel makes hotspot broken. Try to restore your kernel from a previous backup. ;)

Reactions: dhruvpatel_9880

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FyrestoneROM T113
    The simplicity of TouchWiz system without superfluous​

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Introduction:
    This Rom is the stock samsung without annoying apps and with some tweaks made to make your life easier.
    I have a lot to do for make it better, but I hope you appreciate my work, if you don't thanks for giving me a chance.​

Features:
    • Based on T113XXU0ARB1
    • Debolated - Samsung and Google apps (350 MB of useless apps)
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Faster animation scale
    • Knox Free
    • Removed boot sound
    • Rooted with SuperSu
    • Busybox
    • Sony System signature - Feel free to install sony apps from play store!
    • AOSP Keyboard
    • Removed Samsung Update
    • Allow apps access to external storage
    • Removed Loud volume warning
    • Cyanogen/LineageOS UI sounds

Tweaks:
    • Battery Tweaks
    • Better scrolling
    • Video acceleration and HW debugging
    • Better RAM management
    • Google DNS

Download Link:
    MD5: b7694314c6cfe88f013522b86319210d

Old version [4 Feb 2017]: DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 283aa300c00ae227b4362945925db4b4

Old version [4 Jan 2017]: DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 6f97e788b0b2571742b256e6fcaf1e86

How to install The Rom:
    Update your bootloader and baseband to XXU0ARB1 before flash!
    1. Flash TWRP 2.8.7.0.tar with Odin 3.12.10.
    2. Flash TWRP 3.0.2-0.img inside the recovery (Select Install image and choose Recovery partition).
    3. Reboot into TWRP 3.0.2-0.
    4. Copy FyrestoneROM_T113_XXXXX.zip in your SD Card.
    5. Wipe: System, Data, Cache and Dalvik.
    6. Optional – Wipe Internal Storage.
    7. Install FyrestoneROM_T113_XXXXX.
    8. Reboot and wait about 10 minutes.

How to install The Firmware:
    1. Download and extract a zip file containing your desired firmware.
    2. Open Odin Tool.
    3. Boot your device in the "Download Mode":
    (Press Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at same time for 5-8 seconds until download mode is active.)
    4. Connect your device to PC via the USB cable while in download mode.
    5. Next, check the "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" options in Odin Tool.
    6. Hit the AP/PDA button then browse and select a tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
    7. Finally press the start button to begin flashing the firmware update on your device.

Credits:
    Google for Android OS
    Samsung for FW and source
    Sony for System signature
    Cyanogenmod for File manager
    @SuperR for the kitchen
    @bravonova for Build.prop Tweaks
    @Chainfire for SuperSu
    @mrRobinson for AdAway

XDA:DevDB Information
    FyrestoneROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Contributors
    Jimbus369
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: T113XXU0AQA1
    Based On: STOCK Samsung

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2017-02-04

Created 2017-01-04
    Last Updated 2018-08-18
    Reserved

Changelog:
    27 July 2018:
    Updated to XXU0ARB1
    Fixed all previous issues
    Removed Cyanogen File manager and Adawey
    Now Thunderoar Kernel v5.0 is fully compatible
    Updated Busybox and SuperSu

4 Feb 2017:
    Updated to XXU0AQA1
    Removed some Bloatware
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Faster animation scale
    Allow apps access to external storage
    Loud volume warning removed
    Cyanogen/LineageOS UI sounds
    Battery Tweaks
    Increase Quality Of Media Streaming
    Fixed Google DNS
    Fixed Calendar Sync
    Various build.prop changes
    Various fix

4 Jan 2017:
    Initial release

Known issues:
    Calendar doesn't synchronize --> Calendar_sync_fix.zip
    Tablet doesn't support vpn functionality --> VPN_FIX.zip
    Print spooler does not works --> PrintSpooler_FIX.zip
    If i do it the tab just boots to download mode and not the TWRP. Note the twrp-2.8.7.0-goyave.img.tar is already flashed successfully using odin and I don't know what key combinations to boot into it. :(

Sorry my bad do VOL UP not down
    Dude nice ROM but i cant use any VPN app after installing this. It says my tablet doesnt support vpn functionality. Did you remove something related to it in the system files? If you did, can you please release a patch for it? Thanks

Thanks for the tip.
    VPN FIX --> Download
    twrp-3.1.0-0-goyave.img.tar caused bootloop (SM-T113 soft T113XXS0AQC2) but installing the twrp-2.8.7.0-goyave.img.tar fixed the issue.

The original post specificially states 3.0.2-0. Made the same mistake installing the latest one but 3.0.2 works perfectly fine.