• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM+TWRP] LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG/Gapps Support 15.09.2020

Search This thread

bosaad21

Jan 24, 2017
Hi. First, thank you for this ROM, the little i saw about it seems great !
I have a problem, with this last build from 15/09, when i try to flash Magisk. Flash went OK, but on the next boot, it never gets past the 1+ logo.
I tried with several TWRP versions (your own, and the official 3.4), and several Magisk versions (20.1, which is working on another ROM and 20.4).
Is this ROM supposed to support Magisk ? Is there another way we can root ?
Thank you :)

Same here! Any solution ..

maselik

Apr 14, 2016
I have a problem, with this last build from 15/09, when i try to flash Magisk. Flash went OK, but on the next boot, it never gets past the 1+ logo.
I tried with several TWRP versions (your own, and the official 3.4), and several Magisk versions (20.1, which is working on another ROM and 20.4).

... and same here! No way to install Magisk.

bosaad21

Jan 24, 2017

For what it's worth, I also got stuck during boot after flashing this ROM and Magisk. Obviously I tried again without and that went flawlessly.

... and same here! No way to install Magisk.

I have managed to install Magisk and it's working fine on LineageOS 17.1 found in below link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/development/rom-lineageos-17-0-oneplus-x-t3996229

Thanks to @YumeMichi

rafafaf

Oct 2, 2020
I have managed to install Magisk and it's working fine on LineageOS 17.1 found in below link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/development/rom-lineageos-17-0-oneplus-x-t3996229

Thanks to @YumeMichi
I used YumeMichi's build a lot these last months, but every of them had at least one slight problem. The last one (20200601) had two quite inconvenient problems about mobile data randomly dropping, and random reboots.
That's why i tried to use Psychem's build :)
@psychem, would you have a previous build still available somewhere ? I would be glad to test them. Thank you :)

psychem

Oct 18, 2011

your welcome.
i'm using magisk with this build without issue.

rafafaf

Oct 2, 2020
your welcome.
i'm using magisk with this build without issue.

How did you install it ?
Let's assume everything have been wiped beforehand. If i just flash (through your custom TWRP) your 15/09 build, then install magisk zip, it fails as previously reported (doesnt get past 1+ logo).
It seems we are several people having this bug, so more information about how you get it working would be very appreciated :)

absolut_zero

Aug 13, 2016
Same here. Without Magisk, it installed fine. But when I install Magisk, phone is stuck at Oneplus boot logo.
Also tried different versions of TWRP (official 3.3.1 & 3.4.0 and Psychem's 3.2.3) and Magisk (20.2, 20.3, 20.4), but no luck.

RedNas74

Sep 20, 2009
I dirty flashed the last build, but now only the selfie camera works. Main camera doesn't. Guess I have to do a clean install.

psychem

Oct 18, 2011
How did you install it ?
Let's assume everything have been wiped beforehand. If i just flash (through your custom TWRP) your 15/09 build, then install magisk zip, it fails as previously reported (doesnt get past 1+ logo).
It seems we are several people having this bug, so more information about how you get it working would be very appreciated :)

Normally. you can tag yumemichi too, maybe he knows whats up.

rafafaf

Oct 2, 2020
@YumeMichi , would you have any idea to why this release isn't booting, for many people, when we flash Magisk over it ?
@psychem , would you have a link to some of your previous release, like the July or August release ? Thank you :)

ayahnyafathir

Oct 15, 2016
Jakarta
OnePlus One
OnePlus X
Magisk not working on new update

Magisk not working on new update, any suggestion how to root the device?:confused:

15.09.2020 build
updated security patch - September
updated kernel sources

12.08.2020 build
updated security patch - August
updated kernel sources

25.07.2020 build
updated security patch - July
updated kernel sources

Initial release
June Security patch

Top Liked Posts