[ROM+TWRP] LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG/Gapps Support 14.01.2021

Search This thread

DjDeViL66

Jul 4, 2016
Thx for update for me the gallery works well.

I have just update for this release (12/08) and after that I made davilk / cache with TWRP and it's better for me.

However the double tap for open de phone don't work for me (I use the button) by cons double tap on the top is work well for turn off.

For the moment is my last bug :victory:

psychem

Oct 18, 2011

I have just update for this release (12/08) and after that I made davilk / cache with TWRP and it's better for me.

However the double tap for open de phone don't work for me (I use the button) by cons double tap on the top is work well for turn off.

not a bug in the ROM

t0t3m

Jul 11, 2012
Hi guys, i would like to upgrade my phone with this rom but i have a couple of questions since i've never used MicroG before:

1) do google apps work ok with MicroG ? I use Gmail, Google Maps, Google Keep, Google Sheet, Google Drive and Youtube
2) can i install Magisk with this rom ? Can i root the phone with it ?
3) is it still possible to install Play Store with this rom ? i will probably try Yalp Store but i would like to know if it's possible to use Play Store in case of problems

Thanks in advance!

rahulv0010

Nov 18, 2017
Hi guys, i would like to upgrade my phone with this rom but i have a couple of questions since i've never used MicroG before:

1) do google apps work ok with MicroG ? I use Gmail, Google Maps, Google Keep, Google Sheet, Google Drive and Youtube
2) can i install Magisk with this rom ? Can i root the phone with it ?
3) is it still possible to install Play Store with this rom ? i will probably try Yalp Store but i would like to know if it's possible to use Play Store in case of problems

Thanks in advance!
You could use normal gapps package. No problem at all ?

LUCKYSTRANGER

Sep 3, 2020
Safety net and google pay apps

Guys i am using RR OFFICIAL 9.0..
My safety net test fails everytime..did all methods..
Can someone confirm Safety net test passes on this rom and We are able to run Google pay apps and other apps that check for safety net??
Only reason i want to switch from MY CURRENT ROM.
THANX.

Rolerzzz

Jun 4, 2017
camera

Hey, great work on keeping OneplusX up to date. Clean Installed this rom earlier today, and I am getting this error (image below) when I start the camera. :eek:
thumb_show.php

What do you think, is there a way to fix this? i tried wiping cache and dalvik, it started working until next OS restart (crash)

t0t3m

Jul 11, 2012
Hey, great work on keeping OneplusX up to date. Clean Installed this rom earlier today, and I am getting this error (image below) when I start the camera. :eek:

What do you think, is there a way to fix this? i tried wiping cache and dalvik, it started working until next OS restart (crash)

I randomly get this error too (not always), rebooting seems to fix it

psychem

Oct 18, 2011
thumb_show.php

I randomly get this error too (not always), rebooting seems to fix it

havent experienced this error so far try posting the last_kmsg and logcat
alternatively
in twrp navigate to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Data, and choose Repair or Change File System. Press Repair File System to see if this fixes the issue. (make backup before trying this)
try the same for system partition.
see if the problem returns.

Rolerzzz

Jun 4, 2017
alternatively
in twrp navigate to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Data, and choose Repair or Change File System. Press Repair File System to see if this fixes the issue. (make backup before trying this)
Thanks for the reply. Strange tho, I have not gotten this error ever since you posted this reply. I will try to get the logs if/when it happens again.

t0t3m

Jul 11, 2012
alternatively

hi, log attached, i haven't tried the repair file system option yet. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 2020-09-19_11.51.zip
    145.4 KB · Views: 11
Aug 14, 2016
Dhaka
Clarification

There was a bug while formatting sd card as internal storage. It doesn't let me do that. Which is why i couldn't use this rom. So it would be really nice if someone can confirm it's fixed in the latest build. Also, any other bugs. As it's my daily driver i want bugfree experience.
Thanks.

DjDeViL66

Jul 4, 2016
Hi,

I installed properly the last update (September 2020) is great because I not have more bugs. The gallery bug is fixed even if sometimes the photo takes a long time to load but the thumbnails are very fast.
For me the double tap works much better. The main camera works much better with the last update. Thank you for your work.

Theeboon

Jan 17, 2014
When I go to the Micro-G self check all boxes are ticket except for "Permission to access location in the background" which I cannot turn on. Not sure if that's necessary.

Last edited:

rafafaf

Oct 2, 2020
Hi. First, thank you for this ROM, the little i saw about it seems great !
I have a problem, with this last build from 15/09, when i try to flash Magisk. Flash went OK, but on the next boot, it never gets past the 1+ logo.
I tried with several TWRP versions (your own, and the official 3.4), and several Magisk versions (20.1, which is working on another ROM and 20.4).
Is this ROM supposed to support Magisk ? Is there another way we can root ?
Thank you :)

Theeboon

Jan 17, 2014
Hi. First, thank you for this ROM, the little i saw about it seems great !
I have a problem, with this last build from 15/09, when i try to flash Magisk. Flash went OK, but on the next boot, it never gets past the 1+ logo.
Thank you :)

For what it's worth, I also got stuck during boot after flashing this ROM and Magisk. Obviously I tried again without and that went flawlessly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

What's working:
    Boots
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Audio
    Video Playback
    Sensors
    Flashlight
    GPS
    Notification Slider
    Off screen gestures
    Camera

Known issues:
    You tell me.

Features:-
    -4k video recording
    -Signature Spoofing support for MicroG

FAQ
    Q What is MicroG?
    A https://lineage.microg.org/
    Q Playstore error RH-01
    A Delete google account and recreate it.
    Q Error 7 in twrp
    A Get TWRP from Download section
    Q Where is MicroG flashable zip?
    A https://downloads.nanolx.org/NanoDroid/Stable/ - Download the file NanoDroid-microG-xxxxxx.zip and flash from TWRP.
    Q Permission problem in MicroG?
    A visit https://shadow53.com/android/no-gapps/faq/playstore-incorrect-signature/

Downloads:

LOS 17.1

Recovery - TWRP 3.2.3 14.02.2019

Flash Instructions:

1. wipe /data /system /dalvik /cache
    2. flash rom

NOTE:-
    -Clean flash only.
    -Backup important data before flashing

Special Thanks
    @lineageos
    @Marado

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    psychem, yumemichi
    Source Code: https://github.com/YumeMichi/device_oneplus_onyx
    https://github.com/YumeMichi/kernel_oneplus_onyx
    https://github.com/YumeMichi/proprietory_vendor_oneplus

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-07

Created 2020-06-11
    Last Updated 2021-08-08
    Changelog

14.01.2021 build

security patch update

15.09.2020 build
    updated security patch - September
    updated kernel sources

12.08.2020 build
    updated security patch - August
    updated kernel sources

25.07.2020 build
    updated security patch - July
    updated kernel sources

Initial release
    June Security patch
    New build is up!
    New build is up

not a bug in the ROM