[ROM][UB]Android 4.4.2 KOT49H Google Play Edition - Root/Busybox/Tweaked (1/16/14)

Search This thread

Style68

Apr 8, 2006
New York
I don't know if this is a fix but it seemed to work for me. I decided to use Root Explorer instead of ES File Explore. Root Explorer gave me writes permission and everything works now with copying to SD Card.

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
Hey I know I posted this before but I never got a clear answer...

I'm having a problem with multi touch, if I put three fingers on the screen all input stops. An example would be scrolling on a page. If I pinch to zoom with two fingers then place a third nothing happens.

Does anyone else see a similar problem with this Rom or other 4.4 roms for this device?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b

I'm having a problem with multi touch, if I put three fingers on the screen all input stops. An example would be scrolling on a page. If I pinch to zoom with two fingers then place a third nothing happens.

Does anyone else see a similar problem with this Rom or other 4.4 roms for this device?

Nope, mine detects 10.

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com

I think the situation you're describing depends on the software, and how it handles multiple inputs.

I just tried scrolling in Chrome with 4 fingers on the display, and it worked. However, another browser may be coded to not scroll if it detect a pinch gesture, or multiple fingers, etc.

The only real thing we can do is use the multitouch testing tools to see if the hardware is accepting all 10 inputs. What each individual piece of software does with those inputs depends on the developer.

Reactions: aadean22

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
I think the situation you're describing depends on the software, and how it handles multiple inputs.

I just tried scrolling in Chrome with 4 fingers on the display, and it worked. However, another browser may be coded to not scroll if it detect a pinch gesture, or multiple fingers, etc.

The only real thing we can do is use the multitouch testing tools to see if the hardware is accepting all 10 inputs. What each individual piece of software does with those inputs depends on the developer.

My device shows all 10 inputs under developer settings and show touches.

If I try developer settings show pointers I put three fingers down all dissappear. Could you try that? I'll download chrome and check it out on that.

Edit: Same problem on Chrome, the second the third finger hits the screen all input stops.

Last edited:

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
My device shows all 10 inputs under developer settings and show touches.

If I try developer settings show pointers I put three fingers down all dissappear. Could you try that? I'll download chrome and check it out on that.

Same problem on Chrome, the second the third finger hits the screen all input stops.

I tried show pointers the last time you asked, and it was fine with 3+ fingers. Your issue is only on 4.4 ROMs? Maybe you're using an older version of the touch panel firmware? Did you FTF all your device partitions to .290 (besides kernel and system) prior to flashing GPe?

If so, perhaps you have a hardware issue.

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9eomwgj6v8r1jvt/Wvn9vY6W_Q

Here is a link to a gallery with what I'm talking about.

The first picture shows all five touches being registered using the show touches option under developer settings.

The second picture shows the correct path for my fingers using pointer location.

The third picture shows that a third finger is placed on the screen all three fingers stop being tracked.

This ruins all uses on my phone that use more than two fingers my phone, such as games and emulators. Is anyone else able to reproduce these results with this Rom? Or am I the one being affected by this?

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I tried show pointers the last time you asked, and it was fine with 3+ fingers. Your issue is only on 4.4 ROMs? Maybe you're using an older version of the touch panel firmware? Did you FTF all your device partitions to .290 (besides kernel and system) prior to flashing GPe?

If so, perhaps you have a hardware issue.

When I FTFd back to .290 I had everything checked except for exclude firmware. Should I reinstall the rom doing a complete FTF of. 290 without touching any of the settings?

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
When I FTFd back to .290 I had everything checked except for exclude firmware. Should I reinstall the rom doing a complete FTF of. 290 without touching any of the settings?

You can save yourself some time. Just FTF to .290 and uncheck wipe data and cache, and check exclude kernel and system.

That will get you on .290 everything except for the GPe kernel and system. You'll preserve your ROM and data, and update all the other partitions.

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010
You can save yourself some time. Just FTF to .290 and uncheck wipe data and cache, and check exclude kernel and system.

That will get you on .290 everything except for the GPe kernel and system. You'll preserve your ROM and data, and update all the other partitions.

Okay, thank you I'm going to try that now. Should I also exclude boot? Eh I'll just hold a backup the boot image.,

jayavinash

Nov 30, 2010
i notice this rom the network is not strong as my office always full with LTE but with this rom most of the time H+ and only sometime i get LTE and the network bar only 2-3 but on 4.3 always full and have LTE.also the phone sometime lag while browsing and some apps get hang and force close other than that this rom is good.is there any solution for the network?

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

I can't install app Facebook in this rom? How fix, help me

You should try downloading from the browser and install it manually.i had the same issue for candy crush cant download or not supported for this rom from play store.

Last edited:

qwasz123

Jul 30, 2010

THANK YOU SO MUCH! That worked perfectly! I now have a fully functioning Xperia Z Ultra that I shall now play some Monster Hunter Portable 3rd On!

You Rock :D

Edit: Now the problem is back... This is peculiar. Do you think has to do with an app I am using? I'm going to do some research to figure it out.

Edit 2: FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM! It was GMD Gesture Control, if I have it enabled I get the three input problem, if I disable it everything goes back to normal.

Last edited:

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
I can't install app Facebook in this rom? How fix, help me

This may be a regional thing, or if you modified the build identity or DPI. Anyways, I installed Facebook just fine. Going to play.google.com also says compatible with device.

Edit 2: FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM! It was GMD Gesture Control, if I have it enabled I get the three input problem, if I disable it everything goes back to normal.

Nice, glad to hear it.

i notice this rom the network is not strong as my office always full with LTE but with this rom most of the time H+ and only sometime i get LTE and the network bar only 2-3 but on 4.3 always full and have LTE.also the phone sometime lag while browsing and some apps get hang and force close other than that this rom is good.is there any solution for the network?

I'm not quite sure which baseband the GPe device is actually running, but you could attempt to flash those radio files (an update.zip would need to be made from the 4.4.2 dump). If it's newer/different, it may be that this ROM is optimized for that radio version.

That being said, I see no difference in signal quality between GPe and stock here, though I only have HSPA+ service, not LTE. Also, keep in mind, that the manufacturer ROM may "pad" the signal, whereas AOSP is pretty honest (i.e. the same dB reading could be 5 bars on the Sony ROM while only 3 bars on GPe).

big

Sep 29, 2005
HaNoi
www.xedapxanh.vn

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

You should try downloading from the browser and install it manually.i had the same issue for candy crush cant download or not supported for this rom from play store.

Thanks, i have file facebook.apk but can't install!

Gửi từ iPhone của tôi sử dụng Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Android 4.4.2 KOT49H for Sony Xperia Z Ultra LTE/HSPA+

-Made from full system/boot dump of Google Play Edition Z Ultra 4.4.2 KOT49H.S2.2052
    -Rooted with SuperSU by Chainfire
    -Busybox installed
    -Odexed (for ART compatibility)
    -otacerts removed to hopefully disable future OTAs

Requirements

-LTE Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6833/C6806)
    -HSPA+ Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6802)
    -Be on 4.3 firmware (.290 or .136)
    -Unlocked Bootloader

Features

-Stock Android 4.4.2 w/ Google Apps
    -ART capability
    -Tap to Pay (Google Wallet)
    -X-Reality in Display Settings
    -Dual Recovery (Clockwork & TWRP) built into boot.img - Tweaked Version only
    -SD Card Write Permissions enabled - Tweaked Version only

Credits

-Chainfire, for SuperSU (working on 4.4.2)
    -DooMLoRD, for the initial ZIP from which this port was made
    -DooMLoRD, for the stock GPe kernel w/ recoveries packed in

Changelog

-Android 4.4.2 features can be found (here)

Screenshots

togari_gpe_home.png
    togari_gpe_about.png

togari_gpe_display.png

Instructions

-Fastboot flash boot.img w/ recovery (use CM boot.img, or comparable)
    -Reboot into recovery (holding vol down at Sony logo)
    -Factory Reset
    -Flash ROM (do not flash gapps packages, gapps are already included)

Quickest Way to install ROM if not on .290
    bigxie said:
    The best and fastest course of action, if you're unlocked, is to do the following:

1. Use flashtool to FTF to .290, uncheck wipe data & cache, check exclude system + kernel (this literally saves like 10 minutes)
    2. Reboot into the bootloader and flash CM boot.img or GPe advanced recovery
    3. Reboot and enter recovery by holding volume down when the LED turns purple
    4. Flash the ROM, do a factory reset
    5. Reboot

Downloads

Tweaked Edition:

MD5 (bigxie_togari_GPe_KOT49H_tweaked-signed.zip) = 6a98ea07139074c7f5cf48ddd6e63e9d

http://d-h.st/TPG - Dev-Host (Thanks, LordManhattan!)

http://goo.im/devs/bigxie/togari/bigxie_togari_GPe_KOT49H_tweaked-signed.zip - Goo.im

Stock Edition

MD5 (bigxie_togari_GPe_KOT49H_odexed-signed.zip) = 21e5ac076c947200cdb7c76b3987798a

http://goo.im/devs/bigxie/togari/bigxie_togari_GPe_KOT49H_odexed-signed.zip - Goo.im
    Kernels

ChillyChan packed the stock kernel with a newer philz recovery and TWRP available here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49565501&postcount=337

FAQ

Q: How can I get the launcher from the Nexus 5 that has Google Now on the leftmost pane on this ROM?
    A: Install the Google Now Launcher from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher

Q: Does Apt-X work on the GPe ROM?
    A: No, it looks like Sony did not bake Apt-X support into the GPe ROM. Perhaps they will add it to a future update (much like HTC later added IR support to the One GPe)

The following issues are both addressed in the tweaked version of GPe ROM available in OP

Q: I lost my recovery, how do I get it back?
    A: This ROM contains the stock GPe kernel, which does not include recovery. If you need it, you can flash DooMLoRD's GPe recovery with dual recovery found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2579005

Q: I can't write to my external SD card. Is this a bug?
    A: No, this is the behavior Google intended. If you want to bypass it, refer to the following thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2574730
    EDIT: @bigxie You might want to take a look here :)

I just repacked the kernel from this ROM with Philz Touch from that thread and TWRP from @[NUT]'s XZDualRecovery.

GPE ROM kernel with Philz Touch (vol up) and TWRP (vol down): https://db.tt/Uyy6biCu

"Reboot to recovery" from advanced power options doesn't work (just reboots into ROM) and I don't know how to fix that :p
    GPe TWEAKED - ALTERNATIVE MIRROR
    >>DOWNLOAD: CLICK ME (DEV-HOST)
    LordManhattan you know I am a big critic of course such rom will not be to my tasting.

to be honest I don't know what the fuss is all about these google roms I installed and I will revert back to sony roms, because this GPE rom its ugly and plain, and I hate how it looks and feels. What maybe slightly faster but that is not everything in a phone.The soft icons although can be removed but look so ugly too.

-Now as far as sound over bluetooth its sucks compared to sony roms I think there is no aptx support as before when I used to connect to my aptx headphones it used to give me a message that aptx is connected, but with this GPE no sign of aptx.
    -The UI is ugly as hell even if I lower the DPI, I feel it looks so cheap that I can not stand it ( sorry google with all the money you have can't create a better UI )
    - I don't get H+ connectivity anymore only H
    - the dialer sucks ( i know you can download so many dialer from play store)

Well that's the nice thing about owning one of these devices right now... We have many choices. Sounds like a Sony ROM is for you. The rest of us love the stock look and will continue to use it.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk