• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UB][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1][AMAMI] PAC-ROM LP-MR1

Search This thread

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@oshmoun

Hi and thanks for your work. I want to ask you one question and probably off topic. I asked everywhere I could but noone seems to have interest in this one.

I didn't find any recovery images for this - http://fxpblog.co/2015/05/01/finally-boot-to-recovery-enabled-in-special-bootloaders-from-sony.html and I won't use any custom ROMS without a persistent recovery. Could you please try to build a classic TWRP image to work with this?

Thanks a lot for response.

Sorry to say that I still haven't got the new openevice bootloader :(
also, I usually build the recovery the way it's dictated by the device tree. For amami that'd be the way cm does it.
I should note though that cm also store the recovery on FOTA partition, but in a way that can't be accessed by the new bootloader it seems.
there are recovery images in the latest aosp fxp builds, but I'm not sure if those work on cm kernel. Feel free to try though ;)

Syssx

Aug 16, 2013
also, I usually build the recovery the way it's dictated by the device tree. For amami that'd be the way cm does it.
I should note though that cm also store the recovery on FOTA partition, but in a way that can't be accessed by the new bootloader it seems.
there are recovery images in the latest aosp fxp builds, but I'm not sure if those work on cm kernel. Feel free to try though ;)

Yeah FOTA recoveries doesn't work with this - you can't get there by pressing volume down and power and also your boot.img has to be modified for FOTAKernel recovery to work and also this basically means that the recovery isn't persistent for example if you somehow manage to screw flashing and your boot doesn't flash then without a PC you're basically screwed < this is the reason I won't flash any custom ROMs without a classic recovery. And yeah, I would like to try AOSP recovery image but my download speed on their mirrors are slow.

Thanks again.

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
M5 Kernel!

Hello PAC users :D
I'm happy to announce that the upcoming PAC 5.1 nightlies will come with M5 kernel included in the flash zip :good:
That means you'll get all the features of M5, and the good old sweetness of PAC in one package :fingers-crossed:
You have the right to be excited :victory:

You can learn more about the kernel in the original thread, or in the thread for amami m5 kernel

Last edited:
Reactions: beegee and idimitro

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Can't wait. Please keep us updated.

BTW I tried to install the latest nightly and it fails. I am using FOTA recovery. Could this be the problem?

Last edited:

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can't wait. Please keep us updated.

BTW I tried to install the latest nightly and it fails. I am using FOTA recovery. Could this be the problem?

Looks like the latest nightly was not successfully uploaded :(
Its size is only about 180 MB, where it should have been about 280 MB.
I'll remove the faulty upload now. Please wait till tomorrow for the next nightly.
Sorry that happened :crying:

Edit:
uploading an unofficial nightly to "Unofficial" folder in BasketBuild :D
You should find it here once it's fully uploaded
Have fun!

Last edited:

CoolDevelopment

Sep 25, 2013
Cologne

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=61519700
Here I posted a recovery for opendevices bootloader

I should have created a thread for this but now I am not at home for a few days

Reactions: oshmoun

idimitro

May 7, 2012
Totally unofficially I have tested the latest build with the M5 kernel - officially it is great. The first time I could install LP without the black lines. Next weekend or when I have time, I will have to migrate. Please let us know when MPAC (PAC + M5) is available. Great work as usual!!!

Reactions: Heroxis

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ive also noticed them in the CM-nightlys. But i have no date since when they are present. Im doing some debugging when i arrive at home, though. (AFAIK the 2nd number should be the pid of the wakelocktrigger)
Were you using a custom kernel, like m5? I just want to rule out the kernel as a possible cause ;)

Oh and i already searched for a process with that number as pid, no luck. :(
The logcat does contain a lot of entries coming from a process with that pid though. It's very weird o_O

MaxRink

Jul 3, 2013
Herbertingen
Were you using a custom kernel, like m5? I just want to rule out the kernel as a possible cause ;)

Oh and i already searched for a process with that number as pid, no luck. :(
The logcat does contain a lot of entries coming from a process with that pid though. It's very weird o_O

Its present with the CM-Kernel and M5. I think the reason for that ****up should be in one of the recent commits from CM that also got merged into M5.
By the way: according to my rootshell the process which triggeres those wakelocks is system_server

127|[email protected]:/ # ps -p 930
USER PID PPID VSIZE RSS PRIO NICE RTPRI SCHED WCHAN PC NAME
system 930 352 1833468 170856 18 -2 0 0 ffffffff b6da3970 S system_server

Last edited:
Reactions: oshmoun

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its present with the CM-Kernel and M5. I think the reason for that ****up should be in one of the recent commits from CM that also got merged into M5.
By the way: according to my rootshell the process which triggeres those wakelocks is system_server
Nice, good to know it's not m5. I was worried about that :D
Guess i could check the latest commits by cm and see if i can notice anything that would cause this ;)

Edit : just checked logcat in the time the device was idle. I noticed that process 932 is writing to the log about Google backup calls.
I have for now disabled Google backup. Hopefully this will help ;)

Last edited:

oshmoun

Aug 29, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its not really an option. The coverage at my home is pretty bad and i am using pushover to relay important stuff that happens overnight to my phone (to wake me up if necassesary).
I'm sorry that you can't fix it :(
It really does improve the battery, here's a screenshot
Please ignore the wifi bar, since it's bugged.
uploadfromtaptalk1437827661555.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

WARNING
    for now, don't flash any builds after 10.4, because the kernel is not working correctly on them.
    To fix the issue, you can flash the boot.img from 10.4 in fastboot mode.

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UB][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1][AMAMI] PAC-ROM LP-MR1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    oshmoun
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-07-09
    Last Updated 2015-10-12
    no! not everyone :laugh:

Oh, well prepare to be intrigued ;)

PAC 5.0
    the team is working on LP as best as they can, and is trying to get back all the beloved features :)
    Currently, PAC 5.0 runs on the device (mine :D) and I can't spot any hardware issues other than very small issues in the camera.
    Battery life is a bit.... disappointing I must say :(, I wish it's nothing that'll continue to be a problem with future updates :fingers-crossed:
    Oh, and it's absolutely smooooooth, all the animations are lagless, and it does have a lot of animations :eek:
    Let's hope the team lifts the ban on private builds soon, so I can post it here :highfive:

EDIT: I just noticed I used a lot of smilies, sorry!
    just a proposal: do not post any L rom that is NOT ON PAR with the latest KK PAC ROM.;)
    it is not worth the reputation-damage just to have a L rom installed! :rolleyes:
    I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot better than KK when released ;) , but then again my logic includes LP being a big advantage [emoji14]
    Since I'm already writing guess it's time for an update!
    PAC LP is shaping up nicely. Right now the team is in the process of migrating device specific code from CM to own PAC repositories. That way you can expect more features when it comes to our device, even when using official nightlies and not custom builds :D.
    New Build!

build 11.10 is upload! Get it before the boogey man gets it :p

Notable changes:
    fix to wifi autoconnect, where it wouldn't autoconnect correctly to a network once disconnected
    added customizable location tile.
    PAC Performance profiles now can additionally set a maximum GPU frequency

currently I'm trying to get this kernel to work on amami. If I get it working then I'll be sure to inform you :D
    Time for an update :D
    Not a build though :(
    Omar has been hard at work on merging pimped with mosh, and it's working pretty well. However, it needs more testing as to avoid any issues that may arise. Also, SaberMod toolchain has been updated to a new test version. I'm running a build based on it now. This also would need some testing.
    To summarize, right now new changes that will make your devices go vroooooom are being tested :D :p