• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

{ROM}{UB}Xperia POISON STABLE v2.4 for XX f5121/5122 Aroma Installer

What changes you want from POISON on next updates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

El Brillantinas

Sep 3, 2011
Vanaheim
Guys, don't ask for ETA, I think that goes against the rules.

This ROM is really good, the only bug I found is on Ambient Display. After getting a notification, it kinda freezes when tapping to access the app I got the notification from.
Hope that bug is fixed on the new build.

Besides that, everything else goes smooth.

Thanks for a great ROM.

FinnsterFH

Aug 24, 2017
Hamburg
Hi, I have a problem with the ROM especially with the battery usage. The system processes "logd" and "pm-service" are constantly utilizing the CPU 30% which results in 30% battery usage of the Android System.
My explanation for this would be that "pm-service" causes errors constantly and the logd service is busy noting down all these events.

I already tried a fresh install with a full wipe without luck. Renaming the logd service file stops the service completely and relieves the battery a bit but the pm-service still won't stop utilizing the CPU around 20%.
Can anybody help me with this problem or does someone know what the pm-service is good for? Any help is much appreciated :)

FoxTheLegend

Feb 5, 2017
Athens
Hi, I have a problem with the ROM especially with the battery usage. The system processes "logd" and "pm-service" are constantly utilizing the CPU 30% which results in 30% battery usage of the Android System.
My explanation for this would be that "pm-service" causes errors constantly and the logd service is busy noting down all these events.

I already tried a fresh install with a full wipe without luck. Renaming the logd service file stops the service completely and relieves the battery a bit but the pm-service still won't stop utilizing the CPU around 20%.
Can anybody help me with this problem or does someone know what the pm-service is good for? Any help is much appreciated :)
Everyone does, we all wait for the update

FinnsterFH

Aug 24, 2017
Hamburg
Oh ok, so the problem is already known?
And is there an older version without this behavior that I could use in the meantime?

In addition I know that everyone is asking but could you just estimate when the update will be released because from october on I'm in another country (where I don't know if I will have great internet access) and I would like to start with a fully functional phone...

FoxTheLegend

Feb 5, 2017
Athens
Oh ok, so the problem is already known?
And is there an older version without this behavior that I could use in the meantime?

In addition I know that everyone is asking but could you just estimate when the update will be released because from october on I'm in another country (where I don't know if I will have great internet access) and I would like to start with a fully functional phone...
I think the previous version didn't have this problem, at least for me, I had better battery life with a previous version. I'm not sure if everyone knows about the problem but I saw another member mention it. Estimations are hard when the person who is working on it simply has no time. I'm not OP, but I hope as much as you it will be released soon

lioncc

Dec 25, 2007
Hi, I used the ROM 2.01 for a long time, it was smooth, only GPS did not work properly. So I changed to 2.4, GPS was good but the battery problem occured.
Now I did not want to wait for an update but I dont want to loose all data. What I did was:
Use flashtool to download the latest firmware .217, made a .tft file.
See
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-x/development/root-xperia-x-f5121-f5122-34-3-0-217-7-t3654368 and
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-x/development/root-xperia-x-f5122-android-n-34-2-2-47-t3594502
Go to recovery, make a backup and clear cache and system.
Now go to flashmode and flash the new firmware. It starts, no bootloop! All my data are still here!
Fine, then I follow the instructions for flashing the kernel with SU with flashtool and flash also busybox.
Then flash revovery with fastboot.
boot, I have root and no battery problem anymore! :):)

FoxTheLegend

Feb 5, 2017
Athens
Guys... In case you didn't know. I checked several threads and sony support out of xda.
Turns out that:

Android 6 has great battery life on the X
Android 7 is worse
Android 7.1.1 is horrifically terrible

Therefore, poison custom rom has nothing to do with this. Sony themselves said that the problem isn't in their code, but it's a google problem.
Im going back to android 6 to confirm.

FoxTheLegend

Feb 5, 2017
Athens
Check your memory usage. Is it using too much? Mine is. I have the latest posion. It's google's problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170910-085349.png
    Screenshot_20170910-085349.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 162

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata
Guys... In case you didn't know. I checked several threads and sony support out of xda.
Turns out that:

Android 6 has great battery life on the X
Android 7 is worse
Android 7.1.1 is horrifically terrible

Therefore, poison custom rom has nothing to do with this. Sony themselves said that the problem isn't in their code, but it's a google problem.
Im going back to android 6 to confirm.

stock .217 rom which is the latest firmware I believe has a great battery life

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XPERIA POISON STABLE v2.4 ROM for XX F5121/F5122
    Unlocked BL/Recovery (Aroma Installer)

Hi everyone! It's my first ROM for XX, so let's try all futures of our Wonderful Phone!
    I Present you Stock-Based ROM with some futures:

- Deodexed and Zipaligned
    - Init.d support
    - SuperSu included
    - SELinux Permissive
    - Build.prop and init.d tweaks for better batery life
    - Aroma Installer for bouth F5121 and F5122 devices
    - Patched services.jar (SuperUser Mod)
    - kernel DRM-fix, DM-verify, RIC-off

How To Install ROM:
    First of all You need Back Up DRM-keys by Dirty-Caw Exploit then Unlock Your BL

1) Download and put .zip to your Phone
    Recovery:
    ~~~2) Download and put recovery.img to ADB folder
    ~~~3) Flash recovery.img from ADB (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) command
    or:
    ~~~2) Download Flashable .zip from attachment
    ~~~3) Install via FlashFire (root rights needed)
    4) Go to recovery with pressing Power and Volume - keys from off condition and press bouth keys while entering to TWRP recovery.
    5) Go to Wipe - Advanced Wipe and wipe /data folder, than reboot into recovery and wipe /dalvik /system /cache
    6) Go to Mount - check /system /sdcard1
    7) Go to Install and Install POISON.zip than folow Aroma Instaaller steps
    8) Reboot devide (it shall rebooted twice)
    9) Enjoy

Changelog:
    v2.01
    new Add Stereo (Dual) Incall Speaker Audio Mod by Default maded by me.
    Add recovery script for reflashing TWRP recovery
    Add Audio Mod (optional)
    v2.0
    Fixed some update-binary scripts errors.

Fixed all issues. All in One .zip now!

DOWNLOAD Section:

View attachment twrp-3.0.2-suzu.zip
    POISON update coming soon... based on .217 update
    updated to v2.4 fw194
    Never had a problem with touchscreen, could be related to ambient display. After weeks of use my phone has crashed and rebooted for 3 times total. I believe the sloppy removal of bloat apps is to blame. Agreed, would be nice to have the poison rom debloated these apps cause me a lot of trouble. As you can see the poll won to add more features so I guess OP is working on something

Her is the debloat script. i use it on all xperia x roms, works like a charme.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...lopment/mm-n-oem-debloat-script-v1-0-t3527866
    updated to 69 fw and added some modificatiom to SystemUI