• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UBER][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1[STABLE]

Search This thread

omerjerk

Sep 6, 2012
Delhi
www.omerjerk.tk
CyanogenMod 12.1

Code:
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you 
have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before 
flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the 
finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Note: If you're on Miui 7, flash the following stock ROM zip before flashing any of the custom ROM available on the forum.
https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=thewisenerd&dl=thewisenerd/ferrari/firmware-lp-6.6.10.0.zip

Downloads:
Release 3 by @thewisenerd using @dh.harald 's kernel and device tree.
Release 2
Release 1 (md5)

What's working/features:
Everything
No random reboots/shutdowns
Clash of Clans working awesome
Compiled with Uber toolchain for better performance
Sensors working out of the box (no need to flash sensor patch)
Hardware double tap to wake
Stock kernel with patches from @intersectRaven for better performance (really loved his work)

What's not working:
You tell me.

Note: For people wanting to know differences between this CM build and the other one by dh.harald, please go to the second post.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 4i

Contributors
omerjerk, dh.harald
Source Code: http://github.com/omerjerk

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-09-28
Last Updated 2016-01-03

Last edited:

omerjerk

Sep 6, 2012
Delhi
www.omerjerk.tk
[This post stands deprecated as of the latest release. :)]
First of all I'd like to thanks dh.harald, smoki3, k2wl and everyone else who helped in building up the device tree.
In other ROMs, the biggest problem is of random reboots/shutdowns and that Clash of Clans is not working. Initially, I spent for over a week to fix those bugs but really couldn't find what actually causes the above two issues.
The problem lies in the kernel because flashing intersectRaven kernel or the stock kernel for that matter fixes the above two issues.
Unfortunately, I couldn't track down the commit in the mi4i-dev/dh.harald kernel source which causes these problems.

So, I started with the stock kernel, booted it with CM, made WiFi drivers working and applied the patches from intersectRaven's kernel source.
Now everything is working with no random shutdowns and with CoC working.

I'll keep maintaining this ROM now. :)
Also, I'm not planning to bump the kernel version because I have feeling that some change while bumping the kernel version only is what caused the problem in the first place. Neither does bumping the kernel version gives any performance boosts.
However, I'll keep making important changes in the kernel as required.

Last edited:

omerjerk

Sep 6, 2012
Delhi
www.omerjerk.tk
Installation Instructions:
1. Root your phone.
2. Copy the ROM zip to your phone (the link of the ROM zip in the first post).
3. Flash TWRP using Mi4i toolkit. (Advance users can flash the image manually from this link).
4. Reboot the phone to recovery mode.
5. Wipe data/factory reset.
6. Flash ROM zip file.
7. Flash GApps (can be downloaded from here)
8. Reboot to System.
9. Enjoy!

Last edited:

cbhawsar

Aug 7, 2011
camera performance?

Thanks for taking out time to build this, I am looking for a pure stock experience in Mi4i and your build seems to be very close.

Can you please post some camera shots taken indoor and outdoor?

iamnjohnson

May 27, 2014
Ranchi
Is it as smooth as Wilson3q's build. The reason why I'm comparing is that out of all the custom ROMs out there, I find his ROM the smoothest.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

m4gg0t

Feb 14, 2015
I get the recent apps swiping lag. I made the mistake of flashing the stock gapps so now im re-flashing and flashing the kernal. But so far it seems good other then a little issue i had with APNs and data.
The setup screen is actually very laggy and i don't have a keyboard to type in my wifi password.

Last edited:

omerjerk

Sep 6, 2012
Delhi
www.omerjerk.tk
Is it as smooth as Wilson3q's build. The reason why I'm comparing is that out of all the custom ROMs out there, I find his ROM the smoothest.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

I haven't used his build. I can't say how does it stand in comparison to his build.
In this release, I aimed more at getting the bugs fixed (random shutdowns and CoC not working) which were becoming too annoying.

I'll now be focusing more on making it even smoother.
I'd suggest you to try and see for yourself how it stands.

m4gg0t

Feb 14, 2015
I flashing dh.harald's build now as i couldn't go past the setup screen cause play services kept crashing after i re-flashed the rom and gapps.

I'm reinstalling your build currently.

Last edited:

iamnjohnson

May 27, 2014
Ranchi
I haven't used his build. I can't say how does it stand in comparison to his build.
In this release, I aimed more at getting the bugs fixed (random shutdowns and CoC not working) which were becoming too annoying.

I'll now be focusing more on making it even smoother.
I'd suggest you to try and see for yourself how it stands.
I'll flash and let you know [emoji4]

haahaaah

Oct 5, 2013
how can I re-flash gapps? I want to replace most of the AOSP apps with Google apps.

Twrp > factory reset > flash rom > flash gapps > rebot. Done!!.
Use open gapps, choose ARM64 5.1 STOCK.
Messaging replaced by messenger
Cm camera replaced by Google camera
Email replaced by gmail
Gallery replaced by photo
[your device will like nexus device with STOCK gapps]
Look screenshoot..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-33-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-33-38.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2,042
  • Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-33-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-33-49.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,986
  • Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-34-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-34-56.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,948
  • Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-35-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-28-20-35-10.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,860

m4gg0t

Feb 14, 2015
Twrp > factory reset > flash rom > flash gapps > rebot. Done!!.
Use open gapps, choose ARM64 5.1 STOCK.
Messaging replaced by messenger
Cm camera replaced by Google camera
Email replaced by gmail
Gallery replaced by photo
[your device will like nexus device with STOCK gapps]
Look screenshoot..

Thx a lot! Though the stock has a lot of the Google apps that I don't want to have installed, like Google docs, earth, fitness, sheets, slide, android pay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1

Code:
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you 
    have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before 
    flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the 
    finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Note: If you're on Miui 7, flash the following stock ROM zip before flashing any of the custom ROM available on the forum.
    https://basketbuild.com/filedl/devs?dev=thewisenerd&dl=thewisenerd/ferrari/firmware-lp-6.6.10.0.zip

Downloads:
    Release 3 by @thewisenerd using @dh.harald 's kernel and device tree.
    Release 2
    Release 1 (md5)

What's working/features:
    Everything
    No random reboots/shutdowns
    Clash of Clans working awesome
    Compiled with Uber toolchain for better performance
    Sensors working out of the box (no need to flash sensor patch)
    Hardware double tap to wake
    Stock kernel with patches from @intersectRaven for better performance (really loved his work)

What's not working:
    You tell me.

Note: For people wanting to know differences between this CM build and the other one by dh.harald, please go to the second post.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 4i

Contributors
    omerjerk, dh.harald
    Source Code: http://github.com/omerjerk

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-09-28
    Last Updated 2016-01-03
    [This post stands deprecated as of the latest release. :)]
    First of all I'd like to thanks dh.harald, smoki3, k2wl and everyone else who helped in building up the device tree.
    In other ROMs, the biggest problem is of random reboots/shutdowns and that Clash of Clans is not working. Initially, I spent for over a week to fix those bugs but really couldn't find what actually causes the above two issues.
    The problem lies in the kernel because flashing intersectRaven kernel or the stock kernel for that matter fixes the above two issues.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't track down the commit in the mi4i-dev/dh.harald kernel source which causes these problems.

So, I started with the stock kernel, booted it with CM, made WiFi drivers working and applied the patches from intersectRaven's kernel source.
    Now everything is working with no random shutdowns and with CoC working.

I'll keep maintaining this ROM now. :)
    Also, I'm not planning to bump the kernel version because I have feeling that some change while bumping the kernel version only is what caused the problem in the first place. Neither does bumping the kernel version gives any performance boosts.
    However, I'll keep making important changes in the kernel as required.
    Installation Instructions:
    1. Root your phone.
    2. Copy the ROM zip to your phone (the link of the ROM zip in the first post).
    3. Flash TWRP using Mi4i toolkit. (Advance users can flash the image manually from this link).
    4. Reboot the phone to recovery mode.
    5. Wipe data/factory reset.
    6. Flash ROM zip file.
    7. Flash GApps (can be downloaded from here)
    8. Reboot to System.
    9. Enjoy!
    This ROM seems not to be maintained. The phone freeze more often and I can't charge until I reboot the phone

edit:
    dr.harald has confirmed he is working on CM13. Will wait for it

I was working on CM13 for the past week. :(
    Got it running.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4i/development/unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-t3247399

Rest of the fixes coming shortly.
    I'm really sorry for the delay. :(
    I've compiled the ROM already 2 days back with most of the suggested changes and updated changes from CyanogenMod upstream.
    I did not get time to make changes in the kernel. (I'll make a separate release for that later with just the kernel)
    I'm testing the new build.
    I'll release it in next 12 hours if everything goes fine. (Don't want to brick devices here :p)

Edit : Updated the OP. You can find the link of the new release there.