[ROM][UBERTC][MM 6.0.1][cmte][land]Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

Solienatic

Jul 2, 2016
Kolkata
http%3A%2F%2Faokp.co%2Fimages%2Faokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.
WHY AOKP
We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Features added by me-1.Pixel accents,2.Voice over lte indication on status whenever Volte is available.
More ,more and more.Explore them:D

Download-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47bhL6EWDAQcXhEbHN4Und2OHc/view?usp=drivesdk
Flash Gapps[arm64,6.0.1,select ur variant]

Instruction

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Cache
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
RebootReboot

Bugs-Dark video at night in stock cam,Use any third party cam as a workaround
Hit thanks if u like my work
Huge thanks to AOKP team for this awesome rom @HridayHS for his tree,Lineage-Xtended for useful commits

XDA:DevDB Information
AOKP mm, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
Solienatic
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: Lineageos

Version Information

Created 2017-05-04
Last Updated 2017-05-04

Last edited:

arceuss

Beautiful rom completely flexible and featured as mentioned in the description. Just now installed. Camera didn't work for the first time. But after reboot, it's working properly. Contains most of the tweaks. Great job.:cowboy:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Substratum supported?? ...give some screen shoots !! Thanks
Aokp actually support substratum. But this rom feels to be written on base of Los. So, it might not. Need to try and see.

grofweg

May 23, 2014
Beautiful rom completely flexible and featured as mentioned in the description. Just now installed. Camera didn't work for the first time. But after reboot, it's working properly. Contains most of the tweaks. Great job.:cowboy:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Aokp actually support substratum. But this rom feels to be written on base of Los. So, it might not. Need to try and see.
Not true. AOKP MM is CM13 based = cmte!

AOKP N is CAF based and supports Substratum.

To be honest, this looks like another wave of drop and run ROMs. Just like his crDroid rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexanderp39

rionline

Oct 15, 2005
To be honest, this looks like another wave of drop and run ROMs. Just like his crDroid rom.

I think so too. Some kind of thanks collecting. I am glad there is one ROM (fedosis) at least.

Look at the miui device forum. That is where we are heading towards. Lot's of barely usable zombie roms with users thanking and wishing a lot. I wish i had the time to support or develop...
As i like the hardware package very much...

Solienatic

Jul 2, 2016
Kolkata
I think so too. Some kind of thanks collecting. I am glad there is one ROM (fedosis) at least.

Look at the miui device forum. That is where we are heading towards. Lot's of barely usable zombie roms with users thanking and wishing a lot. I wish i had the time to support or develop...
Seems you guys very experienced at development stuff,please make at least one rom for us so that we can stop this work of thanks collecting.Waiting for your rom,and if you are unable to do it,please dont post this demotivating comment further.
THANKS.

grofweg

May 23, 2014
Seems you guys very experienced at development stuff,please make at least one rom for us so that we can stop this work of thanks collecting.Waiting for your rom,and if you are unable to do it,please dont post this demotivating comment further.
THANKS.
"Development is the process of programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks resulting in a software product." So, or you posted this ROM in the wrong section ( this is the development section), or we are happy to see this ROM being developed. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: sidS6

Daks023

Dec 7, 2016
instead of making same roms that already exist,and never develop them.Why do t you guys focus on fixing bugs like dark camera recording and all camera problems ? Why waste time on making 7 exactly the same Lineage os roms,2 exactly the same aokp etc...what is the purpose of a rom if only the name is different and all bugs and features are the same. Why would anyone use the same rom with different name that no one update or develop further. You should focus on fixing camera bugs or developing stable nougat rom instead of wasting time on same MM roms with different ame and same bugs without ever updating them. I also agree this is just thanks collecting.

Reactions: sidS6

sidS6

Feb 11, 2017
"Development is the process of programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks resulting in a software product." So, or you posted this ROM in the wrong section ( this is the development section), or we are happy to see some this ROM being developed. ;)
Very good reply

Reactions: jmmigo

Solienatic

Jul 2, 2016
Kolkata
"Development is the process of programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks resulting in a software product." So, or you posted this ROM in the wrong section ( this is the development section), or we are happy to see this ROM being developed. ;)

I have I have posted in right section according to subforum name.

WickedCool19

Aug 15, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
I have I have posted in right section according to subforum name.

Please don't be offended by these posts.

You've done a wonderful job building this rom.
In some ways they just want to say, that it'd be really nice if you had built any other stable rom (eg, xenon hd, aoscp, etc) than the ones we already had, with the long existing problems fixed, slowly.
No one wishes to undermine any of your work.

People are just sad that we have so many zombie roms, but just one of them is maintained.
Hope you understand.
Cheers mate. :)

Reactions: Vortex99

Subhampaul12

Aug 31, 2015
Please don't be offended by these posts.

You've done a wonderful job building this rom.
In some ways they just want to say, that it'd be really nice if you had built any other stable rom (eg, xenon hd, aoscp, etc) than the ones we already had, with the long existing problems fixed, slowly.
No one wishes to undermine any of your work.

People are just sad that we have so many zombie roms, but just one of them is maintained.
Hope you understand.
Cheers mate. :)

But the thing is just because few people doesnt love a blisspop rom or a mokee or aosp ..xosp doesnt mean that other would not love too.... few like mokee ....few like rr.... few like lineage....few some other rom because they all have different features of their rom..... so these hard working developers are build roms not for few but for all.... so you can use the rom you like and not other.... so guys before complaining about a developers work or anythng.... thnk about the overall situations before then react :) ... and i know all few remaining bugs like dark cam and all should be fixed...and yes it would be slowly.... we have full faith on our land developers.... so please dnt comment on someones good and hard work and please learn to appreciate evrybody's work be it small or big :) :) and i just wanted to sort this situation and no offense or grudge towards anyone..... :) :)

addy692

Oct 19, 2016
Why u have included
Firmware images in the zip

It can create prob for some users
Who wants to shift back to their previous roms

Or i am wrong it is necessary for ur rom??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Faokp.co%2Fimages%2Faokp-logo-large.png

AOKP-ANDROID OPEN KANG PROJECT

What is AOKP
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.
    WHY AOKP
    We were waiting for when you'd ask this.

There are a variety of reasons why a hilly billy Android user, on a bright sunny day, would suddenly start using AOKP and loving it.

For one, AOKP is lightweight. Most OEMs provide a heavy UI layer over Android and have loads of bloatware (i.e. apps that not everyone use every day, but you cannot remove because they're "baked in" by default). Since AOKP is built upon vanilla Android source, it has neither of the above.

Also AOKP has features that you will not find on your stock firmware. You can have a multitude of toggles to quickly flip a lot of your phone's settings right at your fingertips, or you can launch apps quickly from any screen using our Ribbons.

You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom. And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?

Features added by me-1.Pixel accents,2.Voice over lte indication on status whenever Volte is available.
    More ,more and more.Explore them:D

Download-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B47bhL6EWDAQcXhEbHN4Und2OHc/view?usp=drivesdk
    Flash Gapps[arm64,6.0.1,select ur variant]

Instruction

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Cache
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    RebootReboot

Bugs-Dark video at night in stock cam,Use any third party cam as a workaround
    Hit thanks if u like my work
    Huge thanks to AOKP team for this awesome rom @HridayHS for his tree,Lineage-Xtended for useful commits

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP mm, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
    Solienatic
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: Lineageos

Version Information

Created 2017-05-04
    Last Updated 2017-05-04

THANKS.

Not true. AOKP MM is CM13 based = cmte!

AOKP N is CAF based and supports Substratum.

THANKS.
    instead of making same roms that already exist,and never develop them.Why do t you guys focus on fixing bugs like dark camera recording and all camera problems ? Why waste time on making 7 exactly the same Lineage os roms,2 exactly the same aokp etc...what is the purpose of a rom if only the name is different and all bugs and features are the same. Why would anyone use the same rom with different name that no one update or develop further. You should focus on fixing camera bugs or developing stable nougat rom instead of wasting time on same MM roms with different ame and same bugs without ever updating them. I also agree this is just thanks collecting.