hy plz try this in terminal

ssh [email protected]

Bash:
#fix updated for waydroid 1.2
sudo -s
mount -o rw,remount /
mount -o rw,remount /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor

cp /system/lib64/libui.so /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/libui.so
cp /system/lib64/libbinder.so /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/libbinder.so
cp /system/lib64/[email protected] /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/[email protected]
cp /system/lib64/[email protected] /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/[email protected]
cp /system/lib64/android.hardware.configstore-utils.so /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/android.hardware.configstore-utils.so

# power save and ram optimization
waydroid prop set persist.waydroid.suspend true
waydroid prop set ro.config.low_ram true

clear
echo "done , if it still dont boot check waydroid logcat"

Last edited:

schmanto

May 28, 2015
Just installed v4 directly on my kenzo (first boot.img through fastboot) - works pretty great, given it's so fresh!
A few more issues I have encountered so far:

- Audio doesn't work (even after hard-reset, as suggested)

- Can't play Audio/Video, I get the message "Fail to connect with playback backend."
--EDIT: after turning phone completely OFF and back ON, Audio and media now DOES WORK!

- in 'Accounts' the Keyboard does not appear (tried to add Nextcloud or CalDav)

- I'm also curious about Waydroid - the commands you suggested don't work for me, probably I'm missing something, as I'm not exactly sure how to apply them thb..,)

- probably more, still testing ...

Thank you so much for your amazing work!

--

Last edited:

mathew..denniss

Apr 26, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
for waydroid
- connect kenzo to linux laptop then in PC terminal

Code:

- then execute the patch script one by one (see if any line fails ,else run waydroid logcat )

For audio
- try , normal reboot followed by a hard reboot (don't let go of the power button) ( if it works once then it should works even after the next reboot)
- back end issue will go away once audio comes online
- don't know the audio driver used by kenzo otherwise we could add a script to load it everytime

keyboard things are not device-specific (may get fixed in the coming ota s)

schmanto

May 28, 2015
Thank you.. it worked now! I had to remove and re-install Waydroid, then the additional commands, and this time it started up pretty quick into LineageOS - amazing!

How can I access the internal storage within Waydroid? Any terminal commands? I know there is a file manager in LineageOS, but how do I transfer files into there?

Some additional feedback on the ROM in general..
- Incoming calls do come in, but only show up quickly and vibrate once, then disappear
- Outgoing calls do connect, but sound and mic don't seem to work, once connected
- SMS seems to work

schmanto

May 28, 2015
From the Terminal in Ubuntu Touch, you should be able to use adb push to copy files into the LOS environment.
Thank you, but adb doesn't seem to be working, at least for me.. neither on Ubuntu connected to a PC / Linux. The 'Developer Mode' switch doesn't seem to do anything (with Passcode)

Kitsunenene

Dec 14, 2019
Thanks for your work. This project look interesting. I'm new with ubuntu so my question is can I turn this ubuntu phone into a vps server?

mathew..denniss

Apr 26, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Thank you.. it worked now! I had to remove and re-install Waydroid, then the additional commands, and this time it started up pretty quick into LineageOS - amazing!

How can I access the internal storage within Waydroid? Any terminal commands? I know there is a file manager in LineageOS, but how do I transfer files into there?

- Incoming calls do come in, but only show up quickly and vibrate once, then disappear
- Outgoing calls do connect, but sound and mic don't seem to work, once connected
- SMS seems to work
I guss that's why kenzo use pre build ril stuff
.. It might some time to fix

Reactions: nogemok

Kitsunenene

Dec 14, 2019
An answer step by step below this thread describe what I want

But now we have ubuntu in ur phone, some how make it act like a server ubuntu we buy from Digital Ocean, Azure,...

I'm searched and try some way but look like it's not functional enough, some way just ubuntu emulator

mathew..denniss

Apr 26, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
An answer step by step below this thread describe what I want

But now we have ubuntu in ur phone, some how make it act like a server ubuntu we buy from Digital Ocean, Azure,...

I'm searched and try some way but look like it's not functional enough, some way just ubuntu emulator
In ut ssh is enabled by default and if u want vnc there may be apps that u can install...

mathew..denniss

Apr 26, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

- SMS seems to work
Which network did u test on.... Calls seem to work good on Vodafone for me on v4

Reactions: nogemok

nogemok

Oct 23, 2021
@mathew..denniss
Thanks for doing this. I hope it eventually gets full functionality on kenzo.
Also, fingers crossed Ubuntu Touch takes off. We really need another player on the market, in this sad Apple-Google duopoly.

Reactions: mathew..denniss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can i increase size for /dev/loop0 ??? Thanks

[email protected]:~$ df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mmcblk0p46 24G 4,0G 21G 17% /userdata
    /dev/loop0 2,9G 2,5G 288M 90% /
    /dev/loop1 748M 464M 269M 64% /android
    You can increase the size of rootfs by resizing /data/rootfs.img from twrp

But it is not necessary as, / is mounted as read only by default and all changes you make are written to a different location and mounted over it during boot ...
    Updated the zip ...we are now at v6.
    Video capture is working for me when the audio is fine, but I have issues with taking pictures.
    Cool...maybe some upstream halium changes fixed it...
    Hello everyone,

I own a Lenovo M10 HD 2 gen (TB-X306X) in which I'd like to install ubuntu touch, but sadly no build has been done for the device. Due to the lack of other custom ROMs or os' for this device, I'd like to build ubuntu touch for it but I'm no expert whatsoever in the trade. Could someone more experienced than me help me in this journey so I can share the build software with everyone?

Thanks a lot
    You can ask at ubports teligram group https://t.me/ubports_porting
    This is an update to the post that I did a while back which can be found here. That was a port using halium 7. To be fair it was prity old and buggy. This one uses halium 9 (bugs are still plenty though ;-P ), and is a marginal improvement over the previous one.Yet this port was no means easy, in reality, this port was even more buggy at first ,but most of them were much easier to fix, as I got lots of help from the porting community.I was able to get it to a booting state in about 3 months time as compared to more than a year with halium 7 , to be fair the delay was also due to the fact that I was not exactly an android developer or a developer for that matter, and had to read a lot at first .

anyways I share it here as I have reached a point where further bug fixing is beyond my capability . or in other words, Googling error codes and testing all possible methods /solutions don't seem to yield any meaningful full result, I do really wish someone better than me would look into it and make it even better ;- )

In the meantime let me add more Verbose ;-P

What is ubuntu touch

ubuntu touch is different from other oses as it is fork of Linux as compared to all our favorite mobile oses being forks of android. in other words, it is a fully functional Linux os optimized to run on arm64 device in a touch environment.The original idea was conceived by canonical and later they stoped their work and open-sourced the project and transferred the assets to the ubports community, the community is actively improving it, and trying to bring it to feature parity with Android .

whats working on this port

• calls,data ,wifi
    • sound, vibration
    • auto rotation
    • auto, manual brightness
    • Offline charging
    • GPS
    and other misc things

whats partially working
    • camera (preview works ...can't click picture and take video)
    • fingerprint (fingerprint wakes the device but cant enroll fingerprints)
    • Bluetooth (everything works except file transfer)
    what does not work
    • adb,mtp
    one of the feature improvements amongst other things is waydroid

Waydroid

waydroid is a containerized approach to get an android environment running in a Linux system with the added advantage of full hardware access.so we can android apps and games natively. more details can be found
    here. to install way droid open terminal and paste the following
    sudo -s mount -o rw,remount / && apt update && apt install waydroid && waydroid init
    It also need a fix as waydroid is intended for treble devices which can be found in this post. Thank you @erfanoabdi for enabling support for non treble devices.

Installation
    - flash the halium-boot and the following zip file
    - clean flash recommended
    - reboot after the initial setup is done

Halium-boot .img
    ubuntu_touch_installer_Kenzo_halium9_v6.zip

Please Donate
    I have spent a ton of my time on this port so please do consider donating. if you are in India please use this upi id -- > [email protected]
    else do pm me.

default user password is a

For the History book
    ubuntu_touch_installer_Kenzo_halium9_v5.zip
    ubuntu_touch_installer_Kenzo_halium9_v4.zip

ubuntu_touch_installer_Kenzo_halium9_v2.zip

The sources
    [https://github.com/mathew-dennis
    [https://github.com/LineageOS
    [https://github.com/Halium
    [https://github.com/ubports

Thankyou
    ubports community --> TheKit ,FlowHack, kn8rider divin, ari and everyone else
    Redmi note 3 community --> thanks to all Dev's for keeping the device alive for the community .

This port would have never reached anywhere without their efforts..
    And the truth is my efforts are very little as compared theirs...thank you ...

changelog

"Why not make something new from old code!"
    (Also because my pc can't handle A10+ builds)

V6
    - updated to latest rootfs (ota-22)

- rebuild android image
    - auto-brightness

V5. 1 (this is a patch for v5)
    - bluetooth (everything else except file transfer )
    - offline charging
    - gps ( for real this time ;) ) ( as ut dont have A-GPS support 1st fix might take 5+ min ,then it should work as normal)

v5
    - gps is working now ( it's broken again)
    -changed audio hal to a late start service
    -enabled wireless display option (should work on miracast devices ) (not tested )
    -fixes from ubports --> magnetometer and notification led is working and other fixes from ota 18 to ota 20
    v4
    - fixed issue with initial setup --thankyou Kn8Ryder
    -audio should come up more often during boot than before

Telegram
    If you are interested in bug fixing and contributing to this project , report a bug , click here to reach Telegram group
    hy plz try this in terminal

ssh [email protected]

Bash:
    #fix updated for waydroid 1.2
    sudo -s
    mount -o rw,remount /
    mount -o rw,remount /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor

cp /system/lib64/libui.so /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/libui.so
    cp /system/lib64/libbinder.so /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/libbinder.so
    cp /system/lib64/android.hardware.configstore-utils.so /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/android.hardware.configstore-utils.so
    cp /system/lib64/android.hardware.confi[email protected] /var/lib/waydroid/rootfs/vendor/lib64/[email protected]

# power save and ram optimization
    waydroid prop set persist.waydroid.suspend true
    waydroid prop set ro.config.low_ram true

clear
    echo "done , if it still dont boot check waydroid logcat"
    Offline charging and bluetooth is now working on kenzo. Please find the patch below.

Nb: this is a patch, u need to have ut v5 flashed for this patch to work.

How to install?
    Connect kenzo to pc reboot to recovery, Unzip and run the script..
    If on windows copy paste the script to cmd hit enter..