Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
How do I close this thread? I have to stop development on this ROM.

Your gonna shut it down ? Think the triangle off the right will send a close request... or something in that area not 100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Malvarious

Hello XDA Forum Dwellers, Malicious here bringing you Malvarious! My first ROM, Now be forewarned, I am no expert developer, I am a beginer. This ROM is mostly stock. The few things I did throw into it aren't much but I'm working on it! All the positive feedback and amazing help from other XDA Forum dwellers is just making me want to advance this ROM even more! Currently working on a few tweaks and also adding in Dman's Extended Power Menu mod(currently having coding issues with this T-T but i'm getting there haha). Again Thank you guys!

DISCLAIMER!
    I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone while flashing. You have been advised!​

How to Install:
    1. Boot into CWM [Red Version Perfered]
    2.Wipe User Data
    3.Wipe Cache
    4.wipe Dalvik Cache [In the advanced menu]
    5.Select Install from SD card
    6.Select Malvarious_v1
    7. Reboot and let ROM settle for 5 minutes.
    8.Enjoy and give me feedback ;)

What's in the ROM:
    ICS Apps
    ICS Ringtones and Notification sounds
    Entropy's DailyDriver
    Beats Audio
    UCLB3 Modem
    All bloatware, and a few extra apps Removed
    Touchwiz 4 Launcher
    Adrenalineshot 14.1 Tweak (Thanks to dsexton702) [Only in v1.2]

Known Issues thus far:​
    Video Doesn't Work [Resolved]
    Some apps/Games FC and wont play [Fixed in Version 1.5 (coming soon)]
    Lockscreen options do not work yet.

Download Here:
    Malvarious v1.1

ICS Battery Mod Round for v1.2

ICS Battery Mod Regular for v1.2

Malvarious v1.2

ICS Battery Mod Round for v1.5 beta users only atm

ICS Battery Mod Regular for v1.5 beta users only atm

Soon I'll be working on theming, and enhancing this ROM further, I will say I am not doing this for donations or popularity, I'm simply doing this to Learn, Progress, and Share. Any suggestions, tips, or anything of that sort is greatly appreciated :) And hey, if you liked this ROM, or you jus wanna be nice hit that there "Thanks" button!​

Thanks to:
    Dman for the Base ROM and EPM mod
    Entropy for the Kernel :)
    Bigfau for the video fix
    Fuss132 for Beats audio :)
    dsexton702 for Adrenalineshot tweak
    Lidroid and the Collective for ICS 14 Toggles
    Ppalbicke for ICS Battery Mods
    and XDA Forums for being Helpful Beasts!​
    Looking good. Great start.

Few words of advice...

Start slow. Get to know the ROM inside and out before you try to pump too much into it. Create a theme or two to get to know the file structure and where things are located. No need to implement a bunch of smali changes when you don't even know how to change the volume bar ;)

Ask questions. Feel free to pm myself or other devs when something baffles you. More than likely its baffled one of us at one time. However...keep you're questions to the essentials...and sharpen up on your search-fu.

Don't just grab others stuff and call it your own. Looking at others work to figure it how to do it on your own is the way to go. And again...ask questions. Most devs enjoy teaching...or at least will point you in the right direction. If worse comes to worse, and you can't do it on your own, ask permission to use an apk or feature from another rom. Big features and things that are tough to do, might not be readily shared, but you never know until you ask. But remember, ask first...then don't forget to credit if permission is granted.

Lastly, keep you're cool. Eventually you will no longer be the new kid on the block. Remember where you started. Treat all users with respect. Some people might remember you for your awesome skills...but they will remember you more for the way you treat others. At least I will....and I am all that matters ;) I ain't the "best dev" with a ROM that dominates, but my reputation is built not only for creating quality stuff, but also for the way I treat others...at leeway I hope so. Hope you can do the same.

Any hoo...off my soap box, welcome to the neighborhood, and feel free to pm me anytime.:beer:
    Any mistakes i do make i am truly sorry for making in the first place and only hope to fix them without anybody getting mad or starting problems with others. I mean no disrespect to anyone in this community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA
    Thank you everyone for the support :)
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5