[ROM] [ULTIMATE Note 5 Hybrid] [N920PVPS2AOK3] [Stock] [v1.2] [updated 3/14/2016]

Search This thread

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Ultimate Note5 Hybrid aka UN5
A new era for the Sprint Galaxy Note 4!
Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-25-25%20copy.png
Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-04%20copy.png
Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-07%20copy.png
Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-17%20copy.png
Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-24%20copy.png

After months, weeks, days and hundreds of hours of long & tedius work, I introduce the first properly ported Note 5 rom for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!! With all of the current N5/S6 ports out there that have various major issues, I set out on a mission to conquer and masterfully port the Note 5 software version N920PVPS2AOK3. This has been a long hard journey to say the least. I have spent countless amounts of time on this and i'm quite confident that no other developer has taken as much time and devotion to a rom project as I have with this one. I guarantee there is no other Note 5 rom out there that operates and functions as flawless as this rom. Period. With great pride and a sense of accomplishment, I officially announce a new era of roms for the Sprint Note 4! (and possibly other variants in the future)

Before we get started, please take note: I do NOT give permission for anyone to use any portion of this rom in any other public rom projects. Period. My work here IS and should be considered THE authority of Note 5 ports without question. The proof is in the rom and it speaks for itself. Others will likely steal my work here and try to pass it off as their own work. I promise you that nobody would be able to port the N5 rom like this on their own in such short amount of time after this official release. I guarantee this will happen and I also guarantee that nobody else (aka rom chef/developer) here in the XDA Note 4 forums or any other tech site has contributed nor done any of the work & procedures to properly port their N5 roms. So be informed from this day forward that any future Note 5 roms that pop up here on XDA or elsewhere will most likely be using my work and formula without my permission or proper credit. Any other N5 based rom that is based on my work here that is approved by me WITH my permission will be stated as such in that rom thread's OP with a link to this official thread. If there is no credit given in the rom's OP it is being reproduced and shared WITHOUT my permission or approval.

WARNING!

This is a public warning to select individuals who are known to steal and "kang" other people's work. Do not even think about trying to copy or redistribute my roms or my work here! I WILL know if my rom/files are being used in other publicly shared rom projects. There is no way anyone can avoid me finding out. So don't make a fool of yourself in front of millions of XDA members around the world by trying to pull off an amazingly perfected N5 port rom as "your work" that you have downloaded and used without my approval or permission and place in your op that nobody has permission toy use "your" work. This is immature and flat out WRONG.. The way we do things here at XDA is very simple. Ask for permission to use other peoples' work and absolutely give them the credit that they truly deserve. However, due to the high number of "copycat" roms here on XDA I am publically announcing here and now that NOBODY has my permission to copy, mimic or reproduce the work in this rom or any of my future N5 ports. Period. I have been forced to make this decision by the actions of others.

Let's be respectful to one another and avoid you getting your reputation destroyed and XDA membership suspended or banned for these kind of immature actions. I absolutely WILL be watching along with many other people here at XDA. I will immediately report suspicious new rom threads once I have the information I need to verify that you stole my work. People are almost always willing to share their hard work with you if you just give them the credit they deserve. If this is beyond your way of thinking then you don't belong in this community and nobody will ever respect you or your work. That is NOT how the evolution of XDA developers works. Yes android is opensource and I understand all of that. That is not the point. The issue is moral and ethical and has nothing to do with opensource. You have been warned!

Now that's all out of the way let's get straight to business! First and foremost I want to Thank all of my friends and testers
here at XDA who have helped with testing and just being all around good friends. I will list these people below. Secondly I want to thank the many developers here at XDA that have contributed so much over the years. Without these specific people we would not be able to build or flash custom roms! Again, their credits will also be found below. Now let's get to the rom shall we?

About ROM
Warning: This ROM is ONLY for the Sprint SM-N910P!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON ANY OTHER MODEL!!! If you do then please don't ask for help in this thread. You are on your own! Know what you are doing before flashing and modifying your phone!!! Yes this is an amazing rom BUT it is for the Sprint network model SM-N910P ONLY!!! Please resist the urge to flash this rom on any other model. This is your fair warning.
Initial Release: v1.0
This is a "stock" build with no mods other than XtremeMusic audio technologies by @androidexpert35
Fully deodexed framework and system apps
Root by @Chainfire
Busybox
Init.d support
Native Hotspot unlocked. (you can update prl and profile without breaking hotspot)
100% Sprint Note 5 framework and system apps.
100% Sprint Note 4 system files for hardware & feature dependecies. Are we sensing a pattern here???
Absolutely ZERO international or non Sprint specific N4/N5 rom files where used in the making of this rom!
This rom is guaranteed to bring new life into your Note 4 and make you love it again.

Software version: N920PVPS2AOK3/N910PVPS4COK1 A true "Hybrid"
Kernel: Official Samsung N910PVPS4COK1 with root enabled by @freeza
Rom package Includes the latest OK1 modem & apn's that will flash along with the rom.

Features
This is a stock rom running the stock samsung kernel. Nothing has been done to the rom that would break features or cause any other kinds of undesirable results. Although there are no significant problems in the rom, I do plan to continue making fine adjustments with libraries etc in order to make this rom as pefect as I can. Afterall it is a port and many things have to be done precicely for the smoothest and most trouble-free operation of the rom. Currently this rom is amazing. In the future it will be even more amazing. Rom includes all working features of the Sprint Note 5 software version N920PVPS2AOK3.
(No broken S6 Edge features will be included at this time until all of it's features are fixed)
All pre-installed Samsung apps have been updated to their latest versions as of the release date of this rom. This is why the rom is larger than your average rom. Some 64 bit apps can't be installed from the Galaxy apps store, therefore I have converted and pre-installed the latest versions of SNote, SNote Extension, SNote add-ons etc. Please be aware that If you delete or uninstall some of these specific apps, you will not be able to install them again from the Galaxy apps store. So back them up first!

Removed Itson
Removed Knox and related apk's & libs/modules
Removed Sprint bloat installer and sprint ID
Removed WhatsAppDownloader
Removed Facebook and facebook feature apps (can be downloaded from google Play)
Removed GameOptimizer (does not function on the Note 4's hardware without modifications. not important.)
Removed Lookout (can be downloaded through Google Play or Sprint Zone app)
Removed Samsung Kies (the stock preinstalled N5 Kies.apk does not function on our Note 4 so the latest version will need to be installed from Galaxy apps store)
Removed Samsung Pay and Payment Framework apk's (they are useless on rooted roms since they don't work if you have a rooted system or have tripped knox flag)
Replaced the Note 5 VoiceNote app with the Note 4's OK1 Voice Notes app because it supports the Note 4's 3 mics and has multiple recording scenarios unlike the Note 5 version. It's better. :)
Default notification panel toggles updated with additional toggles Samsung decided to hide from us.
(only functioning toggles are included. many of the extra toggles do not actually work because the features have been disabled or is for a different device/carrier)

Added the following apps:
Peel Smart Remote ( Why not? The Note 4 has a IR blaster unlike the note 5 :) )
Backup app
GifMaker app (is an add-on feature for the stock Samsung photo gallery and can be found in the stock gallery's menu)
Samsung fonts package (can be accessed from fonts settings. There's a lot so it takes a few seconds to load them all. when you open fonts settings be patient, they will load)
Video Editor full version (I fixed the internal linking from the stock samsung video app so it will take you straight to the video editor when pressing "edit" for a video)

Added Features:
XtremeMusic v7.0 by: @androidexpert35
Dolby ATMOS

Known issues:
This is the list of known minor issues upon initial release. Some are beyond my control.
non-issue but will mention... Sprint Zone will fc during initial rom setup. it is looking for the bloat installer and ID apps which are removed
FM radio is broken (I plan to finish solving this problem in the future as I have a good sense of direction to solve this )
World clock tab in the clock app does not work. (I know the cause of this problem and will try to fix it another time)
Some Samsung apps (specifically 64bit versions) cannot be updated through Samsung galaxy app store. This is to be expected and they will fail to install. Please consider this before you remove any stock samsung apps!
Did i miss anything? I think that's about it! Please report any issues or bugs if you find something. Also PM me so your report doesn't get overlooked.

Changelog
***v1.0 Initial release (rom features listed above)***
***v1.1 (No longer available. Nothing to see here.)
***v1.2
  • Removed all audio mods
  • Fixed stock samsung audio
  • Fixed highest volume audio bug
  • Fixed Samsung SoundAlive (however the bass knob in SoundAlive has a bug where bass will drop if you turn it to the left. Leave it centered for the best results)
  • Added S6 Smart Manager
  • Fixed World Clock
  • Updated all apps
  • Fixed GPS issue
  • Rebuilt the entire rom and made underhood adjustments as needed

Flashing instructions:
Before you flash this rom you absolutely MUST be running the latest OK1 software for the Sprint Note 4 with the latest bootloader as well as having your phone fully activated. While on the stock un-rooted OK1 rom, you will need to go to Settings/System updates and update PRL then update Profile. Reboot your phone and then go to Settings/Activate this device and launch it to properly activate your phone on the sprint network. Once this completes, make sure data, calls and gps works as it should. Once everything is activated and working, then proceed with the flashing instructions below. If you ignore these requirements please expect issues and don't ask for help until you do these initial steps.

You can either take the ota updates in order on your phone via OTA updates, or use odin to flash the software in order of release until you are fully updated. OTA updates on your phone are installed differently than odin packages therefore you may only have to take one or two updates to become current. The OTA updates run scripts to patch your current rom unlike odin tar packages that completely write the entire partition replacing everything clean. I will not go into great detail about that here. I have covered this many times in my other threads so if you aren't sure then do some searching here in the Note 4 forums.

***Before you flash any rom, please make sure your battery has at least 50% charge***

Lets begin...
1. Download the rom
2. Check the MD5!!! Use a MD5 checksum tool on your pc or phone (Google is your friend)
3. Copy the downloaded rom to your phone's internal storage or micro-sd card
Note: It has become apparent to me that if you are coming from another custom rom. especially another port rom, that you MUST also wipe your internal storage. Left over data from other roms do cause major problems! So if you want the best trouble-free experience with this rom, i highly recommend that you backup anything you need from you internal storage and wipe it in recovery. You should do this before placing this rom on your internal storage or else put the rom zip on your micro-sd card.
4. Backup anything you need to backup from your internal storage and copy it to your pc or sd-card (DO NOT RESTORE BACKED UP APPS! INSTALL THEM FRESH FOR THE BEST TROUBLE-FREE EXPERIENCE!)
5. Reboot to TWRP custom recovery. Press "Wipe". Do the "Factory Reset" several times then go into "Advanced Wipe" options and wipe Dalvic Cache, System, Data, and Cache several times.
6. Go to recovery home screen and select "Install" and select the rom that you have already copied to your phone in step 3 above.
7. Install the rom and the script will prompt you when it is finished flashing. WAIT!!! DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE YET!!!

***THE NEXT STEP IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! It is done in order to clear the phone's current battery stats and prepare the phone for proper battery calibration***
***If you skip this step you will possibly have incorrect and misread battery capacity by your phone and will result in incorrect battery capacity problems*** Trust me. Do as I say and you will be perfectly fine.

8. While still in recovery go back to the recovery homescreen and select "Reboot" then "Power Off".
9. With your phone powered off remove your battery. With the battery removed press and hold the power button for AT LEAST 20 seconds then release it.
10. Replace the battery and power on your phone. If the phone reboots into recovery then simply press "Reboot" then press reboot "System".
11. The initial boot process will take around 10 minutes or so. Just be patient. It will boot.
12. Once the phone has booted and you see the setup wizard screen, select your language then press the botton to continue to the next step. STOP HERE!

***THE NEXT STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!***

13. Stop at the wifi setup screen!!! Turn wifi off or leave it on, it doesn't matter. But STAY ON THIS SCREEN until your Sprint data has fully connected or else you will
not be able to sign into your accounts and the setup wizard will not be happy.
14. Once you have a data connection continue through setup wizard as usual.

That's it! You're done!

Enjoy the finest Note 5 port rom there is for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4! Please feel free to post rom feedback and support questions.

Please consider making a kind donation for all of my time and hard work! Just click on the link right above. It is not required but is very much appreciated and it shows me that people do appreciate what I do for the community. Thank you!​

Credits
@tdunham for the stock deodexed base rom. Thank you!​
@Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Thank you!​
@iBotPeaches for the continued development and support of apktool. Thank you!​
@JesusFreke for smali/baksmali tools! Thank you!​
@freeza for the root-permissive OK1 kernel Thank you!​
@millerboy3 for some of the proper N5 apk .9 image conversions. Thank you!​
@androidexpert35 for XTREMEMusic v7.0 Thank you!​
@ Myself for being so determined, devoted and persistent with the making of this rom! :))​
If I have missed a credit to somebody please let me know so I can add them to this list!​

ROM Development
@tx_dbs_tx​

Testing & Troubleshooting team: BIG Thanks!​
(in random order)​
@ianmb​
@Qubanaso​
@Jhill110​
@Cflynt​
@dgr581​
@LMMT​
@kenjesse​
@ipodhacked86​
@samep​
@jc.m​

Follow me on my google hangouts for current and up to date discussions on current and future rom projects! We have fun and talk about anything! Just PM me your gmail address and I can add you to my hangouts. Don't forget to introduce yourself with your XDA username so other people will know who you are. See you there!

DOWNLOAD
(Latest version will always be at the bottom)​

XDA:DevDB Information
ULTIMATE Note 5 Hybrid [N920PVPS2AOK3] Stock, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
tx_dbs_tx
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPS4COK1
Based On: N920PVPS2AOK3_N920PSPT2AOK3_SPR/SPR-N910PVPS4COK1-20151209172046

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-03

Created 2016-02-03
Last Updated 2016-03-15

Last edited:

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Having trouble with something? Maybe you can find the answer here!

My phone works data works and mms works but my phone won't activate either. I followed it to the letter, I'm not new to this. I wiped everything except my external and pulled the battery and waited for my lte signal. Everything works like a charm though. Can't update prl cause it goes to the hands free activation screen again and fails.
had same problem, followed the op, and wiped everything plus internal sd card. odined ok1 rebooted and started the set up on stock rom. at the language screen let it connect mobile data then moved to next screen wifi connect let set up proceed skipped the google sign in and samsung sign in when everything settled in I updated prl then profile made a couple of calls .Rebooted to recovery followed the op on wipe and then reflashed the new rom and followed the op and everything was good

Keeps trying to activate but fails but data and voice works. Any idea for a fix?
Same here everything works except the hands free activation I'm on ok1 clean Install Followed every step in. The op

Sent from my SM-N920P using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2
I restored then updated my prl then wiped and flashed. I'm good to go now

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I had to restore then hands free activate update prl. Then i wiped and flashed this Rom again and all is well

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Thank you.
Hands free just came up automatically. It kept failing so I restored my back up and it went through the hands free activation by itself and it updated my prl. I then re fladhed this rom and it is good to go now.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Donate link? I'd like to send you a donation for all the work you do.

Edit.........
Donation sent
Okay so I re downloaded the COK1.tar and ROM just in case I had a bad download. I wiped EVERYTHING 6 times, rebooted into download mode, Odin'd COK1, let it activate, set it up as a new device and did no restores or back ups, took the PRL/Profile updates, flashed TWRP, followed instructions to the T. Everything is working smooth like before, i'll update on battery life in a couple hours. :)

If you want to add the N4 32bit camera modes... download and install them from this post.
Thanks @ianmb! http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65866353&postcount=1231

more helpful post will be add as i can get to them...

Last edited:

jbuggy1

Aug 16, 2011
You da man can't wait to flash stupid lte one bar

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Nov 30, 2014
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Just wanted to take a moment to thank @tx_dbs_tx for allowing me to take this journey with him and the other testers from beginning to end. I am proud to be a part of this and look forward to future endeavors for this device.
Sincerely,
Bob....lol!

Thanks man!!!! Testing now!

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Rom supporters

I would like for everybody to treat this new thread with the same respect that you have in my other rom threads. Help one another, offer tips, advice and whatever you can to new comers. I also would like for everybody to know that my test/ support team are here to help when they can. They are listed in the credits at the bottom of the OP. Ofcourse anybody can offer help here. Thanks everybody. Enjoy your new rom! I'm confident I can relax now and not have to worry about bugs and fixes and that familiar scenario with improper porting. Say bye bye to those days.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Where do I get the Odin OK1 update? Sammobile is not listing it.
Look in the general forum. Somebody uploaded it to AFH and posted a link.
A little hiccups here and there my ass lol.
This shiznit is flawless

Sent from my Not4 Mod using Tapatalk
Well thank you! I wasn't lying brother! I spent a ton of time like you wouldn't even imagine. So many files to go through, testing varibles, you name it. I dreamed this stuff and come up with solutions in my sleep. For real! That's how my brain has always worked. LOL. Enjoy!

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Last edited:

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
I would like for everybody to treat this new thread with the same respect that you have in my other rom threads. Help one another, offer tips, advice and whatever you can to new comers. I also would like for everybody to know that my test/ support team are here to help when they can. They are listed in the credits at the bottom of the OP. Ofcourse anybody can offer help here. Thanks everybody. Enjoy your new rom! I'm confident I can relax now and not have to worry about bugs and fixes and that familiar scenario with improper porting. Say bye bye to those days.

Many thanks @tx_dbs_tx for allowing me the privilege to be a part of an endeavor to excellence.

2 BIG thumbs up! If I had 3 you'd get that too!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ultimate Note5 Hybrid aka UN5
    A new era for the Sprint Galaxy Note 4!
    Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-25-25%20copy.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-04%20copy.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-07%20copy.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-17%20copy.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-08-19-26-24%20copy.png

After months, weeks, days and hundreds of hours of long & tedius work, I introduce the first properly ported Note 5 rom for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!! With all of the current N5/S6 ports out there that have various major issues, I set out on a mission to conquer and masterfully port the Note 5 software version N920PVPS2AOK3. This has been a long hard journey to say the least. I have spent countless amounts of time on this and i'm quite confident that no other developer has taken as much time and devotion to a rom project as I have with this one. I guarantee there is no other Note 5 rom out there that operates and functions as flawless as this rom. Period. With great pride and a sense of accomplishment, I officially announce a new era of roms for the Sprint Note 4! (and possibly other variants in the future)

Before we get started, please take note: I do NOT give permission for anyone to use any portion of this rom in any other public rom projects. Period. My work here IS and should be considered THE authority of Note 5 ports without question. The proof is in the rom and it speaks for itself. Others will likely steal my work here and try to pass it off as their own work. I promise you that nobody would be able to port the N5 rom like this on their own in such short amount of time after this official release. I guarantee this will happen and I also guarantee that nobody else (aka rom chef/developer) here in the XDA Note 4 forums or any other tech site has contributed nor done any of the work & procedures to properly port their N5 roms. So be informed from this day forward that any future Note 5 roms that pop up here on XDA or elsewhere will most likely be using my work and formula without my permission or proper credit. Any other N5 based rom that is based on my work here that is approved by me WITH my permission will be stated as such in that rom thread's OP with a link to this official thread. If there is no credit given in the rom's OP it is being reproduced and shared WITHOUT my permission or approval.

WARNING!

This is a public warning to select individuals who are known to steal and "kang" other people's work. Do not even think about trying to copy or redistribute my roms or my work here! I WILL know if my rom/files are being used in other publicly shared rom projects. There is no way anyone can avoid me finding out. So don't make a fool of yourself in front of millions of XDA members around the world by trying to pull off an amazingly perfected N5 port rom as "your work" that you have downloaded and used without my approval or permission and place in your op that nobody has permission toy use "your" work. This is immature and flat out WRONG.. The way we do things here at XDA is very simple. Ask for permission to use other peoples' work and absolutely give them the credit that they truly deserve. However, due to the high number of "copycat" roms here on XDA I am publically announcing here and now that NOBODY has my permission to copy, mimic or reproduce the work in this rom or any of my future N5 ports. Period. I have been forced to make this decision by the actions of others.

Let's be respectful to one another and avoid you getting your reputation destroyed and XDA membership suspended or banned for these kind of immature actions. I absolutely WILL be watching along with many other people here at XDA. I will immediately report suspicious new rom threads once I have the information I need to verify that you stole my work. People are almost always willing to share their hard work with you if you just give them the credit they deserve. If this is beyond your way of thinking then you don't belong in this community and nobody will ever respect you or your work. That is NOT how the evolution of XDA developers works. Yes android is opensource and I understand all of that. That is not the point. The issue is moral and ethical and has nothing to do with opensource. You have been warned!

Now that's all out of the way let's get straight to business! First and foremost I want to Thank all of my friends and testers
    here at XDA who have helped with testing and just being all around good friends. I will list these people below. Secondly I want to thank the many developers here at XDA that have contributed so much over the years. Without these specific people we would not be able to build or flash custom roms! Again, their credits will also be found below. Now let's get to the rom shall we?

About ROM
    Warning: This ROM is ONLY for the Sprint SM-N910P!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON ANY OTHER MODEL!!! If you do then please don't ask for help in this thread. You are on your own! Know what you are doing before flashing and modifying your phone!!! Yes this is an amazing rom BUT it is for the Sprint network model SM-N910P ONLY!!! Please resist the urge to flash this rom on any other model. This is your fair warning.
    Initial Release: v1.0
    This is a "stock" build with no mods other than XtremeMusic audio technologies by @androidexpert35
    Fully deodexed framework and system apps
    Root by @Chainfire
    Busybox
    Init.d support
    Native Hotspot unlocked. (you can update prl and profile without breaking hotspot)
    100% Sprint Note 5 framework and system apps.
    100% Sprint Note 4 system files for hardware & feature dependecies. Are we sensing a pattern here???
    Absolutely ZERO international or non Sprint specific N4/N5 rom files where used in the making of this rom!
    This rom is guaranteed to bring new life into your Note 4 and make you love it again.

Software version: N920PVPS2AOK3/N910PVPS4COK1 A true "Hybrid"
    Kernel: Official Samsung N910PVPS4COK1 with root enabled by @freeza
    Rom package Includes the latest OK1 modem & apn's that will flash along with the rom.

Features
    This is a stock rom running the stock samsung kernel. Nothing has been done to the rom that would break features or cause any other kinds of undesirable results. Although there are no significant problems in the rom, I do plan to continue making fine adjustments with libraries etc in order to make this rom as pefect as I can. Afterall it is a port and many things have to be done precicely for the smoothest and most trouble-free operation of the rom. Currently this rom is amazing. In the future it will be even more amazing. Rom includes all working features of the Sprint Note 5 software version N920PVPS2AOK3.
    (No broken S6 Edge features will be included at this time until all of it's features are fixed)
    All pre-installed Samsung apps have been updated to their latest versions as of the release date of this rom. This is why the rom is larger than your average rom. Some 64 bit apps can't be installed from the Galaxy apps store, therefore I have converted and pre-installed the latest versions of SNote, SNote Extension, SNote add-ons etc. Please be aware that If you delete or uninstall some of these specific apps, you will not be able to install them again from the Galaxy apps store. So back them up first!

Removed Itson
    Removed Knox and related apk's & libs/modules
    Removed Sprint bloat installer and sprint ID
    Removed WhatsAppDownloader
    Removed Facebook and facebook feature apps (can be downloaded from google Play)
    Removed GameOptimizer (does not function on the Note 4's hardware without modifications. not important.)
    Removed Lookout (can be downloaded through Google Play or Sprint Zone app)
    Removed Samsung Kies (the stock preinstalled N5 Kies.apk does not function on our Note 4 so the latest version will need to be installed from Galaxy apps store)
    Removed Samsung Pay and Payment Framework apk's (they are useless on rooted roms since they don't work if you have a rooted system or have tripped knox flag)
    Replaced the Note 5 VoiceNote app with the Note 4's OK1 Voice Notes app because it supports the Note 4's 3 mics and has multiple recording scenarios unlike the Note 5 version. It's better. :)
    Default notification panel toggles updated with additional toggles Samsung decided to hide from us.
    (only functioning toggles are included. many of the extra toggles do not actually work because the features have been disabled or is for a different device/carrier)

Added the following apps:
    Peel Smart Remote ( Why not? The Note 4 has a IR blaster unlike the note 5 :) )
    Backup app
    GifMaker app (is an add-on feature for the stock Samsung photo gallery and can be found in the stock gallery's menu)
    Samsung fonts package (can be accessed from fonts settings. There's a lot so it takes a few seconds to load them all. when you open fonts settings be patient, they will load)
    Video Editor full version (I fixed the internal linking from the stock samsung video app so it will take you straight to the video editor when pressing "edit" for a video)

Added Features:
    XtremeMusic v7.0 by: @androidexpert35
    Dolby ATMOS

Known issues:
    This is the list of known minor issues upon initial release. Some are beyond my control.
    non-issue but will mention... Sprint Zone will fc during initial rom setup. it is looking for the bloat installer and ID apps which are removed
    FM radio is broken (I plan to finish solving this problem in the future as I have a good sense of direction to solve this )
    World clock tab in the clock app does not work. (I know the cause of this problem and will try to fix it another time)
    Some Samsung apps (specifically 64bit versions) cannot be updated through Samsung galaxy app store. This is to be expected and they will fail to install. Please consider this before you remove any stock samsung apps!
    Did i miss anything? I think that's about it! Please report any issues or bugs if you find something. Also PM me so your report doesn't get overlooked.

Changelog
    ***v1.0 Initial release (rom features listed above)***
    ***v1.1 (No longer available. Nothing to see here.)
    ***v1.2
    • Removed all audio mods
    • Fixed stock samsung audio
    • Fixed highest volume audio bug
    • Fixed Samsung SoundAlive (however the bass knob in SoundAlive has a bug where bass will drop if you turn it to the left. Leave it centered for the best results)
    • Added S6 Smart Manager
    • Fixed World Clock
    • Updated all apps
    • Fixed GPS issue
    • Rebuilt the entire rom and made underhood adjustments as needed

Flashing instructions:
    Before you flash this rom you absolutely MUST be running the latest OK1 software for the Sprint Note 4 with the latest bootloader as well as having your phone fully activated. While on the stock un-rooted OK1 rom, you will need to go to Settings/System updates and update PRL then update Profile. Reboot your phone and then go to Settings/Activate this device and launch it to properly activate your phone on the sprint network. Once this completes, make sure data, calls and gps works as it should. Once everything is activated and working, then proceed with the flashing instructions below. If you ignore these requirements please expect issues and don't ask for help until you do these initial steps.

You can either take the ota updates in order on your phone via OTA updates, or use odin to flash the software in order of release until you are fully updated. OTA updates on your phone are installed differently than odin packages therefore you may only have to take one or two updates to become current. The OTA updates run scripts to patch your current rom unlike odin tar packages that completely write the entire partition replacing everything clean. I will not go into great detail about that here. I have covered this many times in my other threads so if you aren't sure then do some searching here in the Note 4 forums.

***Before you flash any rom, please make sure your battery has at least 50% charge***

Lets begin...
    1. Download the rom
    2. Check the MD5!!! Use a MD5 checksum tool on your pc or phone (Google is your friend)
    3. Copy the downloaded rom to your phone's internal storage or micro-sd card
    Note: It has become apparent to me that if you are coming from another custom rom. especially another port rom, that you MUST also wipe your internal storage. Left over data from other roms do cause major problems! So if you want the best trouble-free experience with this rom, i highly recommend that you backup anything you need from you internal storage and wipe it in recovery. You should do this before placing this rom on your internal storage or else put the rom zip on your micro-sd card.
    4. Backup anything you need to backup from your internal storage and copy it to your pc or sd-card (DO NOT RESTORE BACKED UP APPS! INSTALL THEM FRESH FOR THE BEST TROUBLE-FREE EXPERIENCE!)
    5. Reboot to TWRP custom recovery. Press "Wipe". Do the "Factory Reset" several times then go into "Advanced Wipe" options and wipe Dalvic Cache, System, Data, and Cache several times.
    6. Go to recovery home screen and select "Install" and select the rom that you have already copied to your phone in step 3 above.
    7. Install the rom and the script will prompt you when it is finished flashing. WAIT!!! DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE YET!!!

***THE NEXT STEP IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! It is done in order to clear the phone's current battery stats and prepare the phone for proper battery calibration***
    ***If you skip this step you will possibly have incorrect and misread battery capacity by your phone and will result in incorrect battery capacity problems*** Trust me. Do as I say and you will be perfectly fine.

8. While still in recovery go back to the recovery homescreen and select "Reboot" then "Power Off".
    9. With your phone powered off remove your battery. With the battery removed press and hold the power button for AT LEAST 20 seconds then release it.
    10. Replace the battery and power on your phone. If the phone reboots into recovery then simply press "Reboot" then press reboot "System".
    11. The initial boot process will take around 10 minutes or so. Just be patient. It will boot.
    12. Once the phone has booted and you see the setup wizard screen, select your language then press the botton to continue to the next step. STOP HERE!

***THE NEXT STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!***

13. Stop at the wifi setup screen!!! Turn wifi off or leave it on, it doesn't matter. But STAY ON THIS SCREEN until your Sprint data has fully connected or else you will
    not be able to sign into your accounts and the setup wizard will not be happy.
    14. Once you have a data connection continue through setup wizard as usual.

That's it! You're done!

Enjoy the finest Note 5 port rom there is for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4! Please feel free to post rom feedback and support questions.

Please consider making a kind donation for all of my time and hard work! Just click on the link right above. It is not required but is very much appreciated and it shows me that people do appreciate what I do for the community. Thank you!​

Credits
    @tdunham for the stock deodexed base rom. Thank you!​
    @Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Thank you!​
    @iBotPeaches for the continued development and support of apktool. Thank you!​
    @JesusFreke for smali/baksmali tools! Thank you!​
    @freeza for the root-permissive OK1 kernel Thank you!​
    @millerboy3 for some of the proper N5 apk .9 image conversions. Thank you!​
    @androidexpert35 for XTREMEMusic v7.0 Thank you!​
    @ Myself for being so determined, devoted and persistent with the making of this rom! :))​
    If I have missed a credit to somebody please let me know so I can add them to this list!​

ROM Development
    @tx_dbs_tx​

Testing & Troubleshooting team: BIG Thanks!​
    (in random order)​
    @ianmb​
    @Qubanaso​
    @Jhill110​
    @Cflynt​
    @dgr581​
    @LMMT​
    @kenjesse​
    @ipodhacked86​
    @samep​
    @jc.m​

Follow me on my google hangouts for current and up to date discussions on current and future rom projects! We have fun and talk about anything! Just PM me your gmail address and I can add you to my hangouts. Don't forget to introduce yourself with your XDA username so other people will know who you are. See you there!

DOWNLOAD
    (Latest version will always be at the bottom)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    ULTIMATE Note 5 Hybrid [N920PVPS2AOK3] Stock, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPS4COK1
    Based On: N920PVPS2AOK3_N920PSPT2AOK3_SPR/SPR-N910PVPS4COK1-20151209172046

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-03

Created 2016-02-03
    Last Updated 2016-03-15
    I want to thank everybody for helping one another here in the forum. Everybody here has something to offer and I have gotten tips and info on several things from people who you wouldn't expect to have much knowledge. So this goes to show that you should never look down on anybody or think they don't know anything and not to trust their input. The thing is, everybody uses their phone's differently and everybody learns through their own experiences. So everybody is able to contribute and i encourage it. Thanks for all of the support. enjoy your new Hybrid note 4! Updates and new custom roms will come soon.
    Having trouble with something? Maybe you can find the answer here!

My phone works data works and mms works but my phone won't activate either. I followed it to the letter, I'm not new to this. I wiped everything except my external and pulled the battery and waited for my lte signal. Everything works like a charm though. Can't update prl cause it goes to the hands free activation screen again and fails.
    had same problem, followed the op, and wiped everything plus internal sd card. odined ok1 rebooted and started the set up on stock rom. at the language screen let it connect mobile data then moved to next screen wifi connect let set up proceed skipped the google sign in and samsung sign in when everything settled in I updated prl then profile made a couple of calls .Rebooted to recovery followed the op on wipe and then reflashed the new rom and followed the op and everything was good

Keeps trying to activate but fails but data and voice works. Any idea for a fix?
    Same here everything works except the hands free activation I'm on ok1 clean Install Followed every step in. The op

Sent from my SM-N920P using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2
    I restored then updated my prl then wiped and flashed. I'm good to go now

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I had to restore then hands free activate update prl. Then i wiped and flashed this Rom again and all is well

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Thank you.
    Hands free just came up automatically. It kept failing so I restored my back up and it went through the hands free activation by itself and it updated my prl. I then re fladhed this rom and it is good to go now.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Donate link? I'd like to send you a donation for all the work you do.

Edit.........
    Donation sent
    Okay so I re downloaded the COK1.tar and ROM just in case I had a bad download. I wiped EVERYTHING 6 times, rebooted into download mode, Odin'd COK1, let it activate, set it up as a new device and did no restores or back ups, took the PRL/Profile updates, flashed TWRP, followed instructions to the T. Everything is working smooth like before, i'll update on battery life in a couple hours. :)

If you want to add the N4 32bit camera modes... download and install them from this post.
    Thanks @ianmb! http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65866353&postcount=1231

more helpful post will be add as i can get to them...
    Just a heads up. I updated the flashing instructions in the OP#1. So from this point forward just refer people with "activation" issues back to the OP#1. The correct steps to success are now clearly laid out. If you can read then you will have zero issues with rom flash, setup or activation. Sorry for not having this in the instructions until now. I've just been so busy with different things lately.

Also, MOAR 2.1 will be available soon. I'm just crossing the "T's" and dotting the "i's" so that initial release is as perfect as i can make it. tdunham has been updating a lot of things in MOAR 2.1 so I have to get with him often to add these new changes/features. That and we have been working on aroma for the N4 and MOAR rom configs which is a job all on it's own. A new rom thread will be opened once the rom is ready for prime time.
    Important information about my Google Hangouts

Please read this post concerning my Google Hangouts.
    http://xdaforums.com/note-4-sprint/general/ultimate-note-5-hybrid-rom-google-t3309618