[ROM][UMI][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 19.1/20 (vanilla/microG/GApps)

Search This thread

nanoandrew4

Dec 4, 2022
Hello all, just thought I'd drop a quick post for anyone that like me a couple months ago was looking for a LineageOS version for your Mi 10 that is up to date and fully functional.

If you are looking for vanilla LOS or LOS with GApps, chaptsand offers those on a ~2 month release schedule without OTA updates. He previously released 19.1, but seems to have moved to 20 and no longer updates his 19.1 images. You can find those releases ready to install here: https://github.com/chaptsand/android_device_xiaomi_umi/releases
I also offer vanilla LOS with OTA updates here, and instructions to flash GApps, which is the same process as with official LOS.

Since I wanted LOS with microG instead of GApps, I have been working on that, and I just recently released LOS 19.1 and 20.0 with microG. I will be releasing new builds twice a month, and I also offer OTA updates in my builds, so you don't have to update manually and you can do it directly through the updater app in LineageOS. Currently 20.0 is supported and I will continue giving support to the 19.1 images until I see that no one is updating to the latest builds. You can find those versions here

If you end up using any of these versions, please consider supporting chaptsands work by following the link to his github releases, where he has links to accept donations. And enjoy!

EDIT: As requested by the mods, here is the link to the kernel I use to build my microG images. I have forked the kernel from UtsavBalar, who is the actual maintainer of the kernel, I just use my own branches due to the branch name requirements of my build process, and to ensure that new changes upstream don't impact builds until I have time to sync the branches and ensure that the changes don't break the automatic build process I have set up. More specifically, I am currently using release 6.0 for LOS 19.1, and release 7.1 for LOS 20.0. To see what repos exactly I am using at any time in my builds (whether it be kernel, hardware or device specific), you can check this file, as I may change sources in the future.

EDIT #2: I added a link to my vanilla hosting repo with installation instructions, for anyone interested in vanilla LineageOS with OTA updates.

I decided to create a Telegram group in the end, the invite link is: https://t.me/+JD3_waVOj_NhMTNk. Feel free to join and ask questions or propose changes :)

Last edited:

paper8

Feb 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10
Hi, I wanted to know if, on this rom, the netflix app works? I tried it first version 20 and the playstore said that netflix is not compatible with this rom. I also tried magisk with safenet but nothing to do.

nanoandrew4

Dec 4, 2022
Not sure if you're asking about chaptsands version (either vanilla or GApps), or the microG version. I am currently running the LOS 20.0 microG version, I re-rooted it with magisk, and I was able to download Netflix from Aurora Store without an issue, open it up and sign up for an account. I haven't seen the catalog, because I don't actually want to open an account and have to pay them for something I won't use, but as far as I've seen, it works fine for me.

In your case, does it tell you its not compatible directly when the app starts up, or when you log in and view the catalog?

paper8

Feb 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10
it write that is not compatible directly in the google playstore, when i try to download the app. the version is with GApp installed

nanoandrew4

Dec 4, 2022
it write that is not compatible directly in the google playstore, when i try to download the app.
Are you using the GApps version? I assume so, if you're saying that it doesn't let you download it from the playstore. Have you tried using the Aurora Store, with an anonymous account? Maybe the Play Store itself has some extra validations that don't allow Netflix to be installed. I also assume you have checked in Magisk and you see that it is properly installed?

paper8

Feb 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10
Are you using the GApps version? I assume so, if you're saying that it doesn't let you download it from the playstore. Have you tried using the Aurora Store, with an anonymous account? Maybe the Play Store itself has some extra validations that don't allow Netflix to be installed. I also assume you have checked in Magisk and you see that it is properly installed?
yes, i controlled the correct version of magisk e i installed the correct version of safenet

nanoandrew4

Dec 4, 2022
yes, i controlled the correct version of magisk e i installed the correct version of safenet
I would suggest trying to install Netflix via the Aurora Store. If you are using the GApps version I cannot help you much, as I am not the one that builds or runs that version. I just linked chaptsands versions in case anyone was interested because it took me a long time to find anyone providing LOS for the Mi 10.

I am running LOS 20 with microG, which I build and host myself, and have rooted my phone with Magisk the same as you. The Aurora Store lets me download the Netflix app, so I would recommend you do the same, try installing it and see if that works for you, I don't see why it should not :) you can get the Aurora Store here: https://auroraoss.com/

Reactions: paper8

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
@nanoandrew4 Hi OP, thanks for sharing this ROM on XDA for this device. As part of the GPL v2 license requirement on open source, could you please post a link to the kernel source you use? If you are using a pre-built kernel, kindly post a download link as well.

By doing this, other developers may benefit from your work and they would do the similar thing in future to bring the community with more good ROMs.

Thank you for understanding. Feel free to contact me via message if you have questions. :)

nanoandrew4

Dec 4, 2022
@nanoandrew4 Hi OP, thanks for sharing this ROM on XDA for this device. As part of the GPL v2 license requirement on open source, could you please post a link to the kernel source you use? If you are using a pre-built kernel, kindly post a download link as well.

By doing this, other developers may benefit from your work and they would do the similar thing in future to bring the community with more good ROMs.

Thank you for understanding. Feel free to contact me via message if you have questions. :)
Yes of course, the sources used are publicly visible in the umi.xml file in the repository, but I'll link them at the top too. Please let me know if I need to add or modify anything else.

Alecsandru90

Feb 10, 2011
You should create a telegram group , there are many patches than can be integrated in your rom

Dovahpig

Sep 24, 2013
Novi Sad
IMG_20230108_131149_968.jpg

#LineageOS 20.0 for Mi 10 2023-01-08

Security patch: 2022-12-05

Changelogs:

- Android 13 QPR1 release
- December Security Patch
- Optimize face unlock
- Switched to Sensor-Based Screen-off UDFPS Impl
- Add delete action chip intent to screenshot
- Kernel imports Xiaomi's latest open source code changes
- Fixes flickering while UDFPS unlock
- Several Platform Fixes & Improvements

Notice:
- Need CN Stable UMI V13.0.8.0.SJBMIXM firmware

Download:
- vanilla: lineage-20.0-20230108-UNOFFICIAL-umi.zip
- gms: lineage-20.0-20230108-UNOFFICIAL-GMS-umi.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sk...20.0-20230108-UNOFFICIAL-GMS-umi.zip/download
If you are willing to buy me a milk tea...
Donate: Paypal | Alipay | Wechat

nanoandrew4

Dec 4, 2022
Please be aware that both vanilla and microg versions of my builds, on both 19.1 and 20.0, have an issue with the Updater app, the OTA URL is wrong due to an issue with the cloud build process I am using which has been corrected. The published builds which had errors have been removed, so please revert to an older version manually, or wait for the new batch of builds with the corrected OTA URL that will be available throughout the day tomorrow.

If you are rooted, you can also manually modify the `build.prop` file in /system, look for the `lineage.updater.uri` prop and replace the dash character --> - with a period --> . This will fix the issue and you will start receiving updates normally once again.

The issues have been mentioned in both repos:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Changelogs:

- Optimize face unlock

Notice:

Download:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/sk...20.0-20230108-UNOFFICIAL-GMS-umi.zip/download
    Hello all, just thought I'd drop a quick post for anyone that like me a couple months ago was looking for a LineageOS version for your Mi 10 that is up to date and fully functional.

If you are looking for vanilla LOS or LOS with GApps, chaptsand offers those on a ~2 month release schedule without OTA updates. He previously released 19.1, but seems to have moved to 20 and no longer updates his 19.1 images. You can find those releases ready to install here: https://github.com/chaptsand/android_device_xiaomi_umi/releases
    I also offer vanilla LOS with OTA updates here, and instructions to flash GApps, which is the same process as with official LOS.

Since I wanted LOS with microG instead of GApps, I have been working on that, and I just recently released LOS 19.1 and 20.0 with microG. I will be releasing new builds twice a month, and I also offer OTA updates in my builds, so you don't have to update manually and you can do it directly through the updater app in LineageOS. Currently 20.0 is supported and I will continue giving support to the 19.1 images until I see that no one is updating to the latest builds. You can find those versions here

If you end up using any of these versions, please consider supporting chaptsands work by following the link to his github releases, where he has links to accept donations. And enjoy!

EDIT: As requested by the mods, here is the link to the kernel I use to build my microG images. I have forked the kernel from UtsavBalar, who is the actual maintainer of the kernel, I just use my own branches due to the branch name requirements of my build process, and to ensure that new changes upstream don't impact builds until I have time to sync the branches and ensure that the changes don't break the automatic build process I have set up. More specifically, I am currently using release 6.0 for LOS 19.1, and release 7.1 for LOS 20.0. To see what repos exactly I am using at any time in my builds (whether it be kernel, hardware or device specific), you can check this file, as I may change sources in the future.

EDIT #2: I added a link to my vanilla hosting repo with installation instructions, for anyone interested in vanilla LineageOS with OTA updates.

I decided to create a Telegram group in the end, the invite link is: https://t.me/+JD3_waVOj_NhMTNk. Feel free to join and ask questions or propose changes :)
    Quick update, I've started offering vanilla builds of LineageOS with OTA updates here. You can flash GApps on the vanilla image if you wish, just like with official LineageOS images.

Changelogs:

- Optimize face unlock

Notice:

Download:
    LOS 20 + microG has just been released on the repository mentioned above
    I would suggest trying to install Netflix via the Aurora Store. If you are using the GApps version I cannot help you much, as I am not the one that builds or runs that version. I just linked chaptsands versions in case anyone was interested because it took me a long time to find anyone providing LOS for the Mi 10.

I am running LOS 20 with microG, which I build and host myself, and have rooted my phone with Magisk the same as you. The Aurora Store lets me download the Netflix app, so I would recommend you do the same, try installing it and see if that works for you, I don't see why it should not :) you can get the Aurora Store here: https://auroraoss.com/