• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UN-Official] Havoc-OS-3.11 [10.0] [V30]

Search This thread

svg1234

Mar 25, 2019
LG V30
OnePlus 6
Well, better late than never NeonHD.

Been using this ROM for about 6 months. It's the best I've tried on my v30. Excellent. Stable and full of features that aren't necessarily in most los based ROM. Make sure you go through all of the settings. For example, the battery smart charging. I normally use acc for that, but it's built into this ROM. Sweet.

Btw, I never had WiFi issues with this ROM. (I have an H933).

Such a shame that it is no longer being updated (just for the security updates), but I appreciate that someone made the effort and shared it.

p.s. I see that shapeshifter has restarted building that very good los16 (pie) ROM, after no updates since mid-October. Check out his github. Interesting development. I wonder if he'll update the los 17 too?

Last edited:

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
Such a shame that it is no longer being updated (just for the security updates), but I appreciate that someone made the effort and shared it.
The dev who picked up the torch and built most of the 3.x builds of this (including 3.11), supremmotu, appears to have moved on to Dot OS 5.0, which is an Android 11 ROM. I linked to his latest build, from mid April, in the Dot OS thread. I've been mulling over switching to that because I like his work, but I've been waiting for someone to confirm whether it has smart charging built in. I like that in Havoc OS too much to switch to a ROM that doesn't have it, even though I'd love to update to Android 11.

Aug 4, 2014
PLEASE HELP
Phone is Joan, Joan is phone! .... LG-H930DS
Havoc 3.11 (installed after wiping system) + Haumea Kernel
Magisk 23.0
Ainur Narsil MK-I (01.01.2021)
SkyMi-SDM835-Driver (the wifi "fix")
open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20200918

1. My phone won't ring at all, only vibrates.
2. I have to import contacts continually from vcf, phone doesn't hold them in storage
3. No device can connect to the phones wifi hotspot

NO RIINGING
if vibrate is off then it is completely silent even though a notification pops up offering to accept or decline the call. The phone settings are correct ..... the rigntone is valid, the volume is way up, "do not disturb" is not active, and "shortcut to prevent ringing" is off and DND is off.
This is a downgradeable offence!

EVAPORATING CONTACTS ISSUE
issue with contacts being erased and having to continually import them. I notice that the service "phone and messaging storage" is inactive and "disable" and "force stop" are both greyed out on the "app info" page. Is this relevant for the contacts list evaporating and for the ringtone not sounding when there is an incoming call?

NO HOTSPOT CONNECTIVITY
And no other device can connect to this phone when it is braodcasting a wifi hotspot from a data connection, the wifi "fix" (MAGISK_LG_V30_HOTSPOT_V30_FIX_BySLowhy) on the fist page of this thread did not sort this out. In fact I have never been able to do that with Havoc builds.

Last edited:

svg1234

Mar 25, 2019
LG V30
OnePlus 6
The dev who picked up the torch and built most of the 3.x builds of this (including 3.11), supremmotu, appears to have moved on to Dot OS 5.0, which is an Android 11 ROM. I linked to his latest build, from mid April, in the Dot OS thread. I've been mulling over switching to that because I like his work, but I've been waiting for someone to confirm whether it has smart charging built in. I like that in Havoc OS too much to switch to a ROM that doesn't have it, even though I'd love to update to Android 11.
I tried that ROM a few minths ago. While it has some nice differences versus the usual bunch of LOS based ROMs, particularly the aesthetics, I found it to be unstable and somewhat difficult to use. Interesting project, fun to try, but I went back to Havoc with no regrets. Fwiw, I haven't used a single android 11 custom ROM on my lg v30 or oneplus6 that was satisfactory. For the relatively minor USER differences (most of the changes are under the hood) between 10 and 11, it's not worth it. The 11s are "ok", but the 10s are better so-called daily drivers. Perhaps on other phones the 11 experience is better.

Reactions: Osprey00

NeonHD

Jul 7, 2015
Has nobody here suffered the issue of AOD constantly freezing up? By that I mean the clock randomly gets stuck on a time and I have to manually re-enter AOD to make the clock 'tick' again. I wouldn't even complain if this happens once in a while, but this literally happens a few times every single day. I've had this ROM for two months and had to deal with this every single day, so you could imagine how incredibly annoyed I feel.

I tried reflashing the ROM again but it's the same thing, so I swear this a problem with the ROM itself.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate and love this ROM especially the battery life, but this AOD bug seems to negate every positive aspect I like about it. And judging by the inactivity of this thread it seems that support for this ROM is dead, so I guess I'm just stuck with it. Thankfully I will be moving onto the OP7Pro as my next daily driver so I won't have to deal with this anymore.

Reactions: tvh.soc

anon.immety

Apr 23, 2020
I flashed the latest Havoc ROM (3.11) and opengapps using TWRP on a H932, and when the phone boots up to the initial OS setup, wifi doesn't seem to work at all--no networks are shown, and I can't proceed past the wifi step. Any ideas?

ketamon

Jul 20, 2021
I like Havoc-OS or all the possibility's to customize the UI, i used v2.9 as my daily driver for over a year.

I wanted to upgrade my h930 today and faced some problem's with the safety-net check, i couldn't get it to pass the basic integrity and the cts profile match.
I first flashed v3.11 along with wiping cache, system, data, internal storage and dalvik. I installed gapps and went through the github page to prepare the bootimage for magisk and flashed it through recovery, since i wasn't able to get fastboot running. Magisk was installed but failed the safetynet check.
I tried to hide magisk but the check failed again.
I tjen went ahead to flash the twrp kdz 31a and formated data afterwards but didn't installed magisk since it was just temporairly. Also i didn't checked on safetynet.
I reflashed v3.11 with gapps but whitout magisk to see if the check passes. I had no luck...

What could be the cause?
Do i need to start from scratch with flashing 20r kdz with the dev patched lg flash tool, unlock the bootloader and go up to 31a and start from there on?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

tech_infinity

Jun 16, 2014
aakashverma.com
LG V30
I like Havoc-OS or all the possibility's to customize the UI, i used v2.9 as my daily driver for over a year.

I wanted to upgrade my h930 today and faced some problem's with the safety-net check, i couldn't get it to pass the basic integrity and the cts profile match.
I first flashed v3.11 along with wiping cache, system, data, internal storage and dalvik. I installed gapps and went through the github page to prepare the bootimage for magisk and flashed it through recovery, since i wasn't able to get fastboot running. Magisk was installed but failed the safetynet check.
I tried to hide magisk but the check failed again.
I tjen went ahead to flash the twrp kdz 31a and formated data afterwards but didn't installed magisk since it was just temporairly. Also i didn't checked on safetynet.
I reflashed v3.11 with gapps but whitout magisk to see if the check passes. I had no luck...

What could be the cause?
Do i need to start from scratch with flashing 20r kdz with the dev patched lg flash tool, unlock the bootloader and go up to 31a and start from there on?

Thanks in advance for the replies :)
Magisk should pass as it is if you enabled magisk hide from settings.
You might wanna use magiskhide props module from magisk repo.

Reactions: ketamon

ketamon

Jul 20, 2021
Magisk should pass as it is if you enabled magisk hide from settings.
You might wanna use magiskhide props module from magisk repo.
Thanks a lot, it passes the safety-net check now.😊

I flashed the latest Havoc ROM (3.11) and opengapps using TWRP on a H932, and when the phone boots up to the initial OS setup, wifi doesn't seem to work at all--no networks are shown, and I can't proceed past the wifi step. Any ideas?
I had the same problem too, i found a fix in post #560

Reactions: tech_infinity

xiuxiucymbal

Sep 6, 2020
LG V30
Moto E5
Installing the Oreo modem + wifi fix is causing my installation to bootloop (without contacting logcat).
I'm on the European open-market version, using OrangeFox recovery and microG.

Several attempts, with slightly different flash orders, have made no difference.

I remember that I have installed the Oreo modem successfully before, does anyone have an idea what's going wrong this time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.radikalno.ru%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F11%2F25%2Fc4f453b03e26f7a282f4fcda6c3ac576-full.jpg

I am NOT the developer, I'm only starting this thread so everyone here on xda has easy access to the latest version of Havoc without having to go through Telegram. I will only be responsible to update the thread whenever a new version is released. I am using this ROM as my daily driver and did not find any particular issue yet (apart from the usual AOSP bugs we all know about).

The definitive Pixel Experience

Customizations are as below:
    Code:
    [B]General:[/B]
    MD2 UI
    Rounded UI
    Pixel lockscreen weather
    Face Unlock
    Substratum Support
    Micro-G support

[B]Status Bar:[/B]
    Clock and Logo
    Double tap to sleep
    Statusbar brightness slide
    Network traffic indicator
    Battery icon\percentage
    Bluetooth battery status
    4G/HD icon switch
    Data disable icon switch
    Roaming indicator
    Small mobile type icon
    Bluetooth battery status

[B]Quick Settings:[/B]
    Quick pulldown
    Battery estimates
    Background blur
    Header image
    Tiles and brightness slider customizations
    Footer customizations

[B]Lockscreen:[/B]
    Always On Display
    Ambient Display options(Tilt/Pick-up/Hand wave/Pocket)
    Music Ticker
    Double tap to sleep
    Media cover art
    Lockscreen Visualizer
    Unlocking
    FP good authentication vibrate (on/off)
    FP failed authentication vibrate (on/off)
    Pocket detect
    Quick Unlock
    Direct Unlock
    Lockscreen charging info

[B]Buttons:[/B]
    Navigation type
    Fullscreen gestures (Hide navbar)
    Gestures customization
    Volume rockers customization (answer call, playback control, wake device)
    Keyboard cursor control
    Music Control
    Power Menu customization
    Screen off torch with auto off

[B]Gestures:[/B]
    Double click power button to open camera
    System Gestures
    Prevent ringtone
    Swipe up on home button
    Gesture Navigation
    3 fingers swipe to screenshot

[B]Notifications:[/B]
    Edge lightning
    Flashlight for incoming calls\waiting calls
    FC notification disable
    Heads Up
    In-call Vibration customization
    Call\ Notification Vibration customization

[B]Battery Saving:[/B]
    Smart Pixels
    Suspend actions
    Charge\discharge limiter (notification)

[B]Animations:[/B]
    System animations customizations
    QS tile animations customizations

[B]Screen:[/B]
    Rounded corners
    Legacy app scaling

[B]Miscellaneous:[/B]
    Wake up on charge
    Charge animation
    Screenshot type
    Gaming mode

[B]Device:[/B]
    Quad DAC
    Screen Calibration
    Custom Calibration

...a lot of customization

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, planetary
    * wars or the current covid-19 crisis caused by you following these
    * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
    * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
    * laugh at you.
    */

Download Links:
    ROM (ANY V30 variant):

Remember to check the lg v30 update channel on telegram for more up to date versions. Or look at the end of this thread.

Latest Build v3.11

Older builds by kherio (up to 3.5)

H932 users Havoc 3.9+ now works with your variant.

Flash order: ROM -> Gapps -> Magisk -> Custom Kernel (optional)

Updating: You can dirty flash. Remember to backup data in case something goes wrong and wipe cache\dalvik if you encounter issues.

Custom Kernel (Optional):
    Stock kernel works well, if you want you can install latest Haumea to get slightly better battery or Tachyon for better performance. You can find them in the LG v30 Update Channel.

+ANDROID 10 BUGS (Common to all Android 10 ROMS)

Important Links:
    Any type of help about the v30 : Read it here before posting anything
    Unlock Bootloader: WTF UB Thread
    Recovery: Latest TWRP Recovery
    Magisk : Magisk Official
    Open GApps: Open Gapps
    Telegram V30 Update Channel: Update Channel
    Telegram V30 Group: Lg V30
    Telegram LG GCam V30 Group: Lg V30 GCam
    Telegram Havoc Official: HavocOS

XDA: DevDB Information
    havoc-v30, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    @kherio, @SGCMarkus, @SKULSHADY, Havoc Team, Lineage team

ROM OS Version: 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Working TWRP
    Based On: Havoc-OS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.11

Created: 26-02-2020
    Last Updated: 20-02-2021
    Righteous! I was looking for your POSP build that was in the telegram group but it was gone. Bad build?

Stag OS was having some weird issues for me with battery drain, so I'm back on Havoc. :)

Edit: Was the build pulled? Latest one I can find is 4/12

Yes the one I thought worked (the last one), doesn't boot .... so i'm building again...

C'mon... another build here...
    Quote from Telegram "LG V30 Update Channel":

Havoc-OS v3.6 Changelog 07-06-20:

• Merged June Security Patch
    • Added Status bar notification ticker
    (Only for devices without a notch)
    • Added 4 new clocks
    • Added TextClock translations
    • Added Battery Bar
    • Added Sensor block per package switch
    • Added Rounded hexagon icon overlay
    • Added some accent color overlays
    • Updated some GApps
    • Switched to Shady Launcher
    • Improved network traffic icon holder
    • Cleaned up some fonts
    • Fixed bootanimation stutter
    • Fixed Wallpaper bug that caused bootloop
    • Other fixes and improvements

Notes:
    • don't dirty flash because the previous havoc versions were made by someone else which could cause problems
    • AOD broken, but can be fixed by flashing another kernel (haumea, boom, etc.)

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xiCbfoUnW-dwVcMQV6850R4YFy7X6BAA/view?usp=sharing

Anybody flashed that? Anybody know the dev? @kherio, are you still working on Havoc for V30?

This is from Telegram and yes I know the dev. He asked me if he could do it and I said yes, since I don't have a server. I hope to build soon... :good:

PD: I'm trying to build ZenX OS for our device :)

If you're asking about builds being posted here, see two posts above your question.

If you're asking about builds being made, never ask for ETA.

Well, Rockguy40 opened the thread with my buildings. I'm going to keep building as long as I have a server.
    If he doesn't want to continue this thread, I'll open another one. :D:D

I'm building as you all know Potato and Havoc and I will continue to build as long as I have a server.

I'm not going to answer regarding the ETA.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

NO. Do not dirty flash from LOS-16 "Pie" to LOS-17 "Android 10" based ROMs. You won't have correct blobs (drivers). Any dirty flashing is once on Havoc 3.x.

YES.

You need stock Pie blobs (drivers) for any LOS-17 based "Android 10" ROM. This is an LOS-17 based "Android 10" ROM.

This is stated in the sticky thread here:

ROOT YOUR V30!
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/root-v30-t3927154

Post #2 explains about LOS-based ROMS. That sticky about rooting and custom ROMs has long been linked near top of the WTF instructions also. Both threads stay updated.

_________

1) All the information you need is here on XDA. Nothing is hidden in jargon.

2) Here's the answer in this thread you missed. Read the first and last sentence of my reply in that post:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82059925&postcount=64

You can go to that post in this thread and read the entire answer but that's the information you are seeking.
    ______

As for Reddit, I find they don't take the time to actually explain. Or they copy and paste my instructions and people thank them for it. :rolleyes: One guy got a "platinum" badge or whatever they call it for copying and pasting my WTF instructions to Reddit. Instead of linking to my instructions HERE, where they could ask follow-up questions or see CURRENT instructions. Those people don't update those copy-and-paste jobs when I update my instructions... (Like I had to do when Pie was released last year.) Then Reddit users come here to XDA (finally!) complaining about stuff not working they found on Reddit. When they should have started here first!

Recently, had to have a mod delete outdated instructions and lock a thread when someone came from Reddit and posted old version of MY instructions they found on Reddit. Wasn't working for them and they wanted to know why. It was MY instructions (still had my phrasing), but they were before Pie was released. Steps had changed. I didn't want anyone else coming HERE, see that thread and trying to follow those outdated instructions. I couldn't delete them and the guy who posted either didn't know how to edit his original post or didn't care. Had to ge a mod involved. That was the worst example, but there have been other confused Redditers come here because the answers on Reddit aren't updated much that I've seen. A lot has changed since phone was released in 2017.

Your patience and knowledge sharing is enviable. :) :) :)
    I've just uploaded a new build.

I hope there is no FC