[ROM][(Un)OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6 (shamu)

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
I just updated the Top Post and provided links to download the lastest UNOFFICIAL build (from today) with January 2021 security bulletins included.
Just now downloading it .... And now installed! Looks great! Thanks again!

Last edited:

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
Hi all. Anyone else having GPS issues? I'm new to 15.1. I was on LOS 17 but had to downgrade due to the Verizion VoLTE ditching cdma. I searched the threads and could not find anything recent regarding gps. Going to start poking around. It looks like its been a persistant issues since the last 2 security release 01/21, 12/20.

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012
Hi all. Anyone else having GPS issues? I'm new to 15.1. I was on LOS 17 but had to downgrade due to the Verizion VoLTE ditching cdma. I searched the threads and could not find anything recent regarding gps. Going to start poking around. It looks like its been a persistant issues since the last 2 security release 01/21, 12/20.
No problems here. I use an app called GPS Status, which will give you all sorts of data about your phone's GPS, and a bunch of other hardware bits, compass, accelerometer, brightness, etc. I assume you used the intermediate zip, to change from official to unofficial? And, of course, rebooted the phone a few times :)

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
No problems here. I use an app called GPS Status, which will give you all sorts of data about your phone's GPS, and a bunch of other hardware bits, compass, accelerometer, brightness, etc. I assume you used the intermediate zip, to change from official to unofficial? And, of course, rebooted the phone a few times :)
I did a fresh install, wiped everything. I actually flashed personal build of 15.1 and I flashed the one the the OP thread, same results. Thanks for the info. I will check out GPS status. By chance, are you on Verizon @dbrickg ?

Last edited:

ax562

Aug 8, 2012
@dbrickg I had to reset and download AGPS through GPS status. I had downloaded the app earlier when you had mentioned but I did not know how long it could take (PS I'm on the 7th floor). I ran it again and it went well over an hour downloading. What happens is the gps module directly communicates with the satelites and does not use LTE/wifi. All fixed now. :p Thanks again!

emenny81

Nov 29, 2009
Hey guys i downloaded the latest unofficial, and also the 15.1 su file, i installed ThE su file but it doesnt seem to root. How are you guys rooting this ROM?

beeewell

Apr 25, 2012
Thanks for your continued support dwardo. Just a heads up - Prior to installing this, I installed TWRP version 3.5.0_9-0. I tried dirty flashing this update, and it didn't go. I went ahead and reinstalled TWRP ver 3.3.1-0, clean flashed, and all went well.