[ROM][UNIFIED][7.1.2][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM WEEKLIES

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8068891

Hi, I've got two questions:
-Can I flash the ROM (and GApps) without flashing the firmware if the phone has the last FreedomOS CE (which is based on the Open Beta 15 of OxygenOS) installed?
-What firmware do I need to be on? I'm asking because in the FAQs there's written that the phone has to be the one of OB 10, but the changelogs say that the blobs have been updated to OB 13 firmware.

Thanks a lot.
(and yes, I'm a noob, sorry)

sclcn12

Sep 23, 2014
On last build (1017) I'm often having disconnections of WiFi and Bluetooth. Anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: moSess

Sytis

Mar 11, 2015
I recently noticed a msm-irqbalance logspam about not being able to open /proc/stat. Anyone else got this problem?

Oh and if I may ask: How is development on cr-6/6.1 so far? Don't want any ETA, just a small summary of what has been achieved and want is still missing. Love your ROM, so don't rush the release ;)

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
I recently noticed a msm-irqbalance logspam about not being able to open /proc/stat. Anyone else got this problem?

Oh and if I may ask: How is development on cr-6/6.1 so far? Don't want any ETA, just a small summary of what has been achieved and want is still missing. Love your ROM, so don't rush the release ;)

All the work is done in the device end. CR-6.0 boots without any problem and there are no bugs (device). We're waiting for the work on the frameworks to complete and weeklies to commence, and for that I cannot give a date. That said, my apologies for the lack of communication.

mrhubris

Oct 9, 2009
Encryption

Guys

about encryption. A few weeks ago i decided on encrypting my 3T. Encryption worked but a few days later, I rebooted only to see the message that my disk was corrupted and I had to reinstall. As I lost some pretty relevant info due to my own stupidity of not backing up certain vital information, I'm first asking here if perhaps I missed something.

Currently i'm running: CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-RELEASE-oneplus3-20171120-0335
Recovery: twrp 3.1.1-2
Bootloader: unlocked
Root status: Not rooted

Is encryption not working?
Do I need to encrypt directly after flashing the ROM?
Do I need to lock my bootloader for encryption to function?

suggestions are welcome.

darjwx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2014
Madrid
Google Pixel C
OnePlus 7
Guys

about encryption. A few weeks ago i decided on encrypting my 3T. Encryption worked but a few days later, I rebooted only to see the message that my disk was corrupted and I had to reinstall. As I lost some pretty relevant info due to my own stupidity of not backing up certain vital information, I'm first asking here if perhaps I missed something.

Currently i'm running: CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-RELEASE-oneplus3-20171120-0335
Recovery: twrp 3.1.1-2
Bootloader: unlocked
Root status: Not rooted

Is encryption not working?
Do I need to encrypt directly after flashing the ROM?
Do I need to lock my bootloader for encryption to function?

suggestions are welcome.

Not to both questions. I have been using carbon and other roms being encrypted since ever. And without problems. Only xos and miui from what I know give problems.

Reactions: thomasnsr

nissanoo0

Apr 6, 2017
London
I'm using it, no problem so far.

I've flashed the firmware than a rom, nano gapps, magisk, viper4android and than xposed and im end up with bootloop :(

Gonna try again but im gonna flash xposed after android finally boots up ;) And also im gonna use beans gapps.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

I'm using it, no problem so far.

Also, which xposed are u using? Again bootlooped :confused:

ofmoll

Apr 21, 2017
Random reboot problem

Hi guys, I'm facing a big trouble.
My phone keeps rebooting randomly, and I know it's a pretty common issue with custom ROMs, but well, I've tried a lot of different roms and nothing, it keeps rebooting. I've seen that this rom was pretty ok with that issue so I don't know if it's caused by the custom rom. Could flashing a new kernel help? Maybe I should've opened a new thread due to the fact that it may be not caused by CarbonROM but there's a lot of helpfull users in this thread so maybe someone could help me. If someone's up to take a little bit of his time and try to help i'd really appreciate. Tell me if you need to see the catlogs because I'm having trouble while getting em, but I can try harder.
Some specific info: The notification light blinks about 4 times, then I get a freeze and after that a Black screen and reboot. It's happening totally randomly, sometimes when the device is hot but that's not the cause because it happens when it's not too hot as well. None of the apps is getting the CPU or the battery to drain, i checked that as well. The phone is not overclocked or underclocked, it never was. I've tried already to set a partial wakelock, set the SelinuxMode to both enforcing and permissive and nothing.

Using an XPeria Z5 (E6653) with the lastest CarbonROM weeklie version, Magisk v14.0. The kernel is the one included with CarbonROM (3.10.84-GC8D5289E).
Could changing from Magisk to SuperSU change something? I don't think so but tell me. I have some magisk modules installed so I didn't try yet.
Thank you if someone's up to help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

We only support Dynamic (Beans) GApps, reports on force closes with any other packages will be ignored.

Get CarbonROM
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    drakonizer, myself5
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest OOS Firmware
    Based On: CAF

Version Information

Created 2017-04-27
    Last Updated 2017-07-08
    Official weeklies are out! Get them from the "Get CarbonROM" link in the OP.

BUGS:

-> You tell me.

CHANGELOGS:

You can visit https://carbonrom.org/changelog to view the changelog. Older changelogs, manually written by me, can be found below.

13th June 2017
    6th June 2017
    30th May 2017
    23rd May 2017
    16th May 2017
    9th May 2017
    1st May 2017

FAQs (Please read before posting questions):

Q: Does this ROM support OMS?
    A: Yes, full OMS7 support is present.

Q: What firmware do I need to be on?
    A: Oxygen OS Open Beta 19 (OnePlus 3) / Open Beta 10 (OnePlus 3T). This answer will be updated as and when needed.

Q: Does the ROM work on both the OP3 and OP3T?
    A: Read the thread title. Yes it does.

Q: Is the ROM rooted by default?
    A: No, please flash your favorite root solution after installing the ROM.

Q: Is the camera good?
    A: The ROM uses the device tree from Lineage OS. Expect similar quality. Feel free to install OnePlus Camera and try it out, but no support will be given for the same. As of writing this post, the latest build includes HAL3 support, so you can also use Google Camera, although Slow Motion doesn't work.

Q: Do I need to make a factory reset before installing this ROM?
    A: If you're installing it for the first time, YES, a full factory reset is required. If you're moving from an unofficial build to official weeklies, A FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED. Otherwise, dirty flash would work fine. If you have any issues with Google apps crashing, flash your gapps again.

Q: VOLTE?
    A: Theoretically yes, but I have not tested it. Fixed in the newest weeklies. Enjoy you Jio peasants :p
    Q: SafetyNet?
    A: Sure, if you use Magisk and enable Magisk hide.

Credits:
    LineageOS
    @kwoktopus
    @Myself5
    @gtpitch

You can say thanks by donating to CarbonROM, me or any of the contributors. It really helps.
    Here are a few screenshots. The battery life displayed in them was obtained while constantly on either Wi-Fi or LTE (mostly LTE) with location services and sync on 100% of the time. Usage included heavy browsing and social media. Device is a OnePlus 3.
    Changelog for the 9th May build

New weekly is up. Changelog for the 9th May build:

OnePlus 3/3T specific:

• Fix DT2W
    • Fix Bluetooth streaming
    • Enabled HAL3 (All apps I tested work fine)
    • Fixed Alert Slider behavior.
    • Latest OpenBeta blobs

Generic changes:
    • Latest security patches
    • Implement blur and dashboard settings from the last unofficial build
    • Move OnePlus items under customizations category
    • Add substratum settings tile
    • Add option to unlock with fingerprint on reboot
    • Implement 5 stage ScreenZoom slider (Display Size).
    • Fixed an issue with Bluetooth file transfer.

NOTE: It is recommended to update to the latest Open beta 15/6 firmware before updating the ROM.
    13th June Weekly Update

The 13th June weekly is out! Lots of changes to discuss, so here’s what’s new:

OnePlus 3(T) specific:

* Experimental VoLTE fix (PLEASE test and report if VoLTE works for you, thanks!)
    * Update blobs to Open Beta 17 and OOS 4.1.5
    * Implement Qualcomm’s Boost Framework (device specific) overlays from AOSPA
    * Kernel: Merge latest changes from LOS upstream.

ROM changes:
    * Performance: Implement Qualcomm’s Boost framework
    * Feature: New button actions, including split screen, kill app, screen off etc. These can currently be set for long press or double tap of the keys. Single tap actions are a work in progress and are coming soon™.
    * Feature: Hide sensitive numbers from call log
    * Bug fix: Fix issue where same icon was used for priority mode and alarms only mode.

About Qualcomm Boost framework: In a nutshell, what this does is, it increases the performance of the device during critical UX scenarios. For example, during long scrolling sessions, it boosts the CPU frequency to enhance the user experience. Therefore, the UX has become much more fluid than before. From my tests, there was only a negligible impact on battery life. However, your feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Also, please don’t forget to test and report whether VoLTE is working.

Enjoy!