• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNIFIED] MicroKat v1.2

Search This thread

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
kawOmsB.png

*Microkat is KitKat the way i like it, which is optimized yet clean.
*To get single sim devices working open up /system/build.prop and uncomment all after the "XT1063 & XT1064 Support:" line
*Thanks to: google, motorola, xda, me, shawn, chainfire, hoholee, zeppelinrox, pyroblade, slukk, janito24

uzvFbAk.png

XDA:DevDB Information
MicroKat, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
Pizza_Dox, Pizza_Dox
Source Code: https://github.com/Pizza-Dox/

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.2
Stable Release Date: 2015-04-12

Created 2015-01-17
Last Updated 2015-04-12

Last edited:

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Real Smooth Rom Buddy !
Your Rom Is Way Smooth And Fast Than Lollipop Builds.
It's Still Long Way For Lollipop To Be In Track With Kitkat For This Device.

Yup :D thats why im solid on using this instead of Lollipop, even with Xposed & GB its slick as butter :)
Once CM12 is stable i can optimize that aswell and make it as smooth as kk, you will see a difference... ;)

Last edited:

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Hi,

As I see this rom is based on stock 21.85.14, basically with those tweaks:

- Rooted and busybox
- Debloated
- Pinkman Kernel
- Adrenaline boost

Am I right?

Your 10% right, i spent almost 3 weeks optimizing every single apk, go and look at a stock roms /system/app folder and compare to this roms /system/app, compare apk sizes and stuff inside, you will see a difference, and if that dosnt prove it, use stock 21.85.14 with everything wiped, then use this ROM even without Pinkman kernel and without it being debloated, you will notice a performance improvement, ;)

how does it twerk?
moto g (2014) has low end flash storage, not so good r/w speeds, so i/o gets congested and things usually get queued, thats when you notice hangs when opening an app, my optimizations reduce app size and compress's everything in return for the cpu having to do more uncompression work, however our cpu is quad core, so there enough threads to handle the decompression, so this works quite well especially on our device since it has a decent cpu but bad flash storage, ;)

Last edited:

meadillas11

Oct 2, 2012
Your 10% right, i spent almost 3 weeks optimizing every single apk, go and look at a stock roms /system/app folder and compare to this roms /system/app, compare apk sizes and stuff inside, you will see a difference, and if that dosnt prove it, use stock 21.85.14 with everything wiped, then use this ROM even without Pinkman kernel and without it being debloated, you will notice a performance improvement, ;)

how does it twerk?
moto g (2014) has low end flash storage, not so good r/w speeds, so i/o gets congested and things usually get queued, thats when you notice hangs when opening an app, my optimizations reduce app size and compress's everything in return for the cpu having to do more uncompression work, however our cpu is quad core, so there enough threads to handle the decompression, so this works quite well especially on our device since it has a decent cpu but bad flash storage, ;)

Sorry if I sounded like ungrateful jerk, it was not my intention, I was asking that because I am using the 21.85.14 build debloated by myself, with a little tweak on lowmemorykiller.c and furnace kernel, so I wanted to know if it was something else.

Now I know it is more polished than mine, I'll try it asap.

Last edited:

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Sorry if I sounded like ungrateful jerk, it was not my intention, I was asking that because I am using the 21.85.14 build debloated by myself, with a little tweak on lowmemorykiller.c and furnace kernel, so I wanted to know if it was something else.

Now I know it is more polished than mine, I'll try it asap.

haha dont worry bro, ;), im open minded usually, i was just drawing up a graph anyway, i like predicted i would get criticism cause at first sight it does look simple but its pretty complex, i hope it works good on your device and ive attached a graph for future-readers to see so i dont have to explain (i cracked out my super art skills for this lol)

fU6yCUB.png

*this is theory, not sure if android works this way, but this is the most plausible thing i know about it*

Reactions: notanoob

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
will you be supporting the 1064 cause this looks to be a fabulous ROM?
Well um thing is the optimizations are alot of hard work xD i can work on xt1063 & xt1064 but it would take along time + i would prefer if someone could come up with a flashable mod (which removes xt1068 stuff and replaces with xt1063 stuff and then i can optimize that)

Thanks for your hard work. I'm running your rom now and testing. So far it's really really fast and smooth. Thanks a lot.
Welcome :)

xt1069 support please? :D
isnt like xt1068 and xt1069 similar? maybe you could try it but make a twrp backup of your current setup, if it works please tell us! :D

Are you planning on fixing the ram management bug in your next build? :D
maybe yes, i will in a future build, v1.0 is a fully stable build essentially :) i will remove moto migrate and then fix the ram, but afaik from using it, the ram seems to be fine, im browsing on xda fine with 4-5 tabs and listening to tunein radio so it seems alright :) (btw chrome is amazing with the compression optimizations)

DiamondBond

Jul 6, 2012
Limassol
Are you planning on fixing the ram management bug in your next build? :D

The ramscript i used was Juwe11's.
Flash the attached zip - should fix the ram management, if its not working so well, go to /system/etc/init.d and delete 97ramscript ;)
pls report back on findings...

Attachments

• Juwe11_RAM_Optimisations_777-CWM.zip
    150.5 KB · Views: 372

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kawOmsB.png

*Microkat is KitKat the way i like it, which is optimized yet clean.
    *To get single sim devices working open up /system/build.prop and uncomment all after the "XT1063 & XT1064 Support:" line
    *Thanks to: google, motorola, xda, me, shawn, chainfire, hoholee, zeppelinrox, pyroblade, slukk, janito24

uzvFbAk.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    MicroKat, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Pizza_Dox, Pizza_Dox
    Source Code: https://github.com/Pizza-Dox/

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-12

Created 2015-01-17
    Last Updated 2015-04-12
    MicroMod-11 in the works :D (CM11 + Optimizations)
    Also im releasing PA Pico Gapps + Optimizations... :)

Stay tuned, should be available tmrw morning!
    Hi,

As I see this rom is based on stock 21.85.14, basically with those tweaks:

- Rooted and busybox
    - Debloated
    - Pinkman Kernel
    - Adrenaline boost

Am I right?

how does it twerk?
    So stayed up most the night and finished off MicroMod 11 , it seriously took ages and I'm pretty tired so I'll be off to sleep anytime now.. point being ROM & GAPPS done, and for those who want metrics:

ROM PART 1 CM - 106MB
    ROM PART 1 MICRO - 94.8MB

ROM PART 2 CM - 44.3MB
    ROM PART 2 MICRO - 39.5MB

ROM TOTAL CM - 231MB
    ROM TOTAL MICRO - 212MB

GAPPS PA PICO - 159MB
    GAPPS MICRO PICO - 144MB

GAPPS TOTAL PA PICO - 88.8MB
    GAPPS TOTAL MICRO PICO - 78.1MB

OVERALL TOTAL CM - 320MB
    OVERALL TOTAL MICRO - 291MB