• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM] [UNIFIED] [OFFICIAL] Project lighthouse - (Vanilla/Gapps)

Search This thread

XanDevoir

Feb 27, 2019
No just firmware you don't need to flash the whole rom flash it normally. and once for ever even if you formated data the firmware will stay up to date.
I was just confused because my rom is in indian version but Im applying a global firmware so I thought something might get stuck and another thing I need to ask..how can I check my current firmware version?

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I was just confused because my rom is in indian version but Im applying a global firmware so I thought something might get stuck and another thing I need to ask..how can I check my current firmware version?

You don't have to worry they all works on your device indian, global, Indonesian,..
but in terms of firmware global always recommended.
It's totally safe. and when you go back to MIUI then the rom and firmware will replaced with what you flashed

What's your Miui rom version is what firmware version you had.

XanDevoir

Feb 27, 2019
The instructions it's always same bro.

flash it as same as flashing method of pixel experience rom.

and don't forget after you boot to the rom. just reboot to recovery again (you will see TWRP installed) and flash Miui 12.5 firmware that I mentioned above.

thanks
Just to clarify :
1. I have latest firmware(Image is given)
2. I'll flash Pe Recovery as the way you have mentioned in your original post( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mojito-sunny-install-any-recovery-adb-fastboot-twrp-etc.4256639/ )
3. After flashing PE Recovery, I factory reset using PE Recovery
4. Apply update from Adb Sideload
5. Flash the rom while in sideload mode
6. When done reboot to system
Did I miss any step? Am I good to go?
And really really thanks for babysitting me for the process. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-10-15-35-55-101_com.android.settings[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-10-15-35-55-101_com.android.settings[1].jpg
    243 KB · Views: 49

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Just to clarify :
1. I have latest firmware(Image is given)
2. I'll flash Pe Recovery as the way you have mentioned in your original post( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mojito-sunny-install-any-recovery-adb-fastboot-twrp-etc.4256639/ )
3. After flashing PE Recovery, I factory reset using PE Recovery
4. Apply update from Adb Sideload
5. Flash the rom while in sideload mode
6. When done reboot to system
Did I miss any step? Am I good to go?
And really really thanks for babysitting me for the process. :)

You didn't miss anything, You are good to go. don't need to Flash firmware since your up to date

and you are welcome 🙂

Last edited:

mforce2

Feb 14, 2009
I've tried the ROM but I have one big problem , after a while the image in Skype just freezes and I cannot see any updates from my camera ( front camera ).
I've attached the logs , let me know if any additional info would help.

Attachments

• skypeFail.zip
    792.5 KB · Views: 5

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I've tried the ROM but I have one big problem , after a while the image in Skype just freezes and I cannot see any updates from my camera ( front camera ).
I've attached the logs , let me know if any additional info would help.

Thanks for your report. I will take my time to test Skype well. then confirm if it works fine or not.

thanks 😌

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Chile
LeEco Le 2
Redmi Note 10
gta san andreas and gta liberty city stories seem not to work on any rom / kernel ... they only work on miui

both games crash as soon as I start them ... both were bought on google play ... any ideas ?? this is my favourite rom now ❤️❤️

Last edited:

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
gta san andreas and gta liberty city stories seem not to work on any rom / kernel ... they only work on miui

both games crash as soon as I start them ... both were bought on google play ... any ideas ?? this is my favourite rom now ❤️❤️

Thanks for showing your respect & your report. Well I've checked out the reviews of the game in US store there is a lot of complaining with same of your issue (crashing) on Samsung and etc platforms. Besides, I noticed that it latest update is on April of 2019 that's not close!

Try to use m0dded builds of it or at least if you on Twerked builds then try pure one.

thanks 👍😊

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Chile
LeEco Le 2
Redmi Note 10
Thanks for showing your respect & your report. Well I've checked out the reviews of the game in US store there is a lot of complaining with same of your issue (crashing) on Samsung and etc platforms. Besides, I noticed that it latest update is on April of 2019 that's not close!

Try to use m0dded builds of it or at least if you on Twerked builds then try pure one.

thanks 👍😊
Yes , i tried modded builds and reinstalling from play store... Still crashing...
i know that Rockstar will not update the games anymore that's sad... i will not come back to memeui... Give my respects to the developers for such a great ROM 😄 (and thanks to you for sharing it here 😉)

• Love
Reactions: Abdullah.Csit

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Thanks. It happens after a while during the video call. At first it seems to work fine but it always fails eventually after about 10 minutes or so.

I have tested it in previous days it's working fine only one thing I can't switch to rear camera. it's seems Skype issue. there is new update to Skype try update it and try. thanks 😊👍

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Every time boot in TWRP Recovery! How can I fix this mate?

-Flash Pe recovery again.
-boot to pe recovery
-reboot to recovery twice!
-Format data
-sideload latest Global miui firmware
-sideload Lighthouse project rom
-reboot to system.

*if you got booted again to TWRP just format data and reboot to system it will work.

ade.sultan

Apr 3, 2013
Rajshahi
Just sideloaded this ROM and magisk via twrp. Is this ok? Or should I sideload via PE recovery again? Everything working for me here. And the performance is smooth af. SoT is way better than stock. Thanks for the great work ☺️

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello good sir,
    I request you to have a Telegram, It's really important. For example, It was tough to find this ROM for my device(vayu) and it has only one video on Youtube which doesn't show battery backup. I know the performance is great but I want to know battery backup for my device too. Can't find it anywhere, neither can I discuss with anybody. Help

Well, No one can tell you what is Battery backup really is just if it normal or not. because many users not just socialing there is gamers and streamers ...etc so the SOT will be not same.

all what I can tell you that is normal but how much sot ? then it upon to your use.
    Can't call using project lighthouse, dialed numbers don't do anything and pressing the call button on the contacts resorts to this error View attachment 5415271
    Have issue receiving calls as well, phone is ringing but no notification, no display that there is an incoming call. Notification only pops up when the caller ends the call.
    This is with gapps build.
    Any fix or am I just an idiot?

No you are not.

Just make sure that option and check:

Set default apps
    Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Set Caller & Spam ID
    No you are not.

Just make sure that option and check:

Set default apps
    Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Set Caller & Spam ID
    I will try this right away! Thank you

Edit: It is working properly now. Thanks again!
    Set default apps to prevent any issues with Calls & Dialer:
    "Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Set Caller & Spam ID"

ADDED NEW NOTE TO MAIN POST 📯

@mforce2 & @syntheticdingo , Could you check this for Skype issue too, please ?

"It's mostly on Most roms here"

• Thanks to @Waxaranai for checking and follow up & @Agent Lu for reporting ❤️
    IMG_20210807_132935_807.jpg

AboutUS.png

Project Lighthouse, A Minimalistic Custom Rom With Features, Pixel Goodies, And Latest Security Patches. Performance
    Our Primary Goal.

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

created_image_1628333266580.png

• TWRP Recovery pre-included.

Don't use Lineage Recovery to flash it.

• FlameGapps basic it's recommended if you want gapps on vanilla build.

• ANX camera Pre-included on Gapps build only.

Always be on "latest MIUI firmware". only firmware not whole rom.

Set default apps to prevent any issues with Calls & Dialer:
    "Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Set Caller & Spam ID"

• If you have any issue don't be shy to explain your issue within reply here.

Downloads.png

[ *Check Post #2 (Click number) for any chancelogs! ]

Latest Update download link:

Click Here to download latest build (Vanilla/Gapps)

• There is two files one vanilla build (smaller size file) , while the other Gapps build (bigger size file) 😅

Installation.png

Clean flash:

- Save your rom on PC.

- Boot to recovery (Pixel Experience Recovery). "you can use TWRP"

- Format Data, Reboot to recovery.

- Sideload through ADB, (sideloading method or flash rom with TWRP).

Dirty flash:

- Same steps but don't format data.

credits.png

@ZIDAN44 , @phpcode404 , @MPK99 for trees.
    @venom_stark for kernel.
    • @sussy_doge_mo0n, @Arya1230, @RnDCell for testing.
    @Abdullah.Csit for XDA.
    • HSD Discussion

ROM By @Waxaranai , Thanks to him 🤞🏻

Source.png

Information:

ROM Name: Project Lighthouse
    ROM Version: Raft
    ROM Kernel: LegionX V1.0-LTO
    Device: MOJITO/SUNNY (UNIFIED) ☀️
    Android Os Version: 11.0 R
    Based On: AOSP But caf Hals included in source.
    Build Type: OFFICIAL

Release Date: 2021/8/07
    Latest Update: 2021/8/07

Kernel source link : https://github.com/venom-stark/kernel_xiaomi_mojito.git

Rom source link: https://github.com/lighthouse-os

SHOW YOUR LOVE 😜 REACTION 😉 HIT LIKE
    Reserved #2 😎

+ I've test it, No issues fully stable.

EDIT1 :

image-gradient-2021_08_08_20_32_44.jpg.jpg

10 hours & 15 minutes
    From (85% to 30%)
    The cycle charged after 1 day of flashing rom
    - Dark mode always.

ROM: Project lighthouse initial build
    Kernel: Neternels 2.0

Regards 🙏🏻
    Changelogs:

Latest Build changelog 2021/8/7:

Code:
    * Device :

- Initial build.
    - Pre-included TWRP Recovery latest.
    - Pre included Anx camera gapps only.

* Source latest Changelog "August":

Project Lighthouse August update is here!

- August Security second Patch
    - Gaming Mode
    - Lighthouse clock
    - Android S clock improvements
    - zlib , cpu-features, arm-optimized-routines, sqlite, etc  optimisations
    - Official support for vanilla as well
    I am currently using 12.0.4(RKGINXM),indian version...can I flash the latest firmware 12.5 which is in global version with TWRP or PE Recovery? or do I have to first flash Miui global fastboot rom using MiFlashTool and then have to flash the latest firmware to the global one?
    Thanks in advance.

No just firmware you don't need to flash the whole rom flash it normally. and once for ever even if you formated data the firmware will stay up to date.
    Tried again today. I've flashed the latest MIUI first ( 12.5 ) and tested there. Skype with video ran fine for an hour with no freeze.
    I then flashed the latest build of Project Lighthouse and tried with the same Skype app ( the latest from the Play store on 22.08 ).
    For a while all was fine with Skype but somewhere before minute 26 it just froze , the front camera picture froze and if I tried switching to the back camera that also was frozen.
    I've seen the same on other ROMs, SparkOS and CrDroid. I think the issue is somewhere in the base OS as all these 3 seem to share the same kernel or at least device tree.

Yes, I have a very similar problem with Signal on both crDroid and DotOS, where after 15 minutes the call simply drops. Maybe this is an issue with the common code between ROMs?

Thanks for confirming and sharing you experience, I'm very thankful and apologize. It should be fixed on next update reported to maintainer he is working on it.

Regards