[ROM] Uniquity Project Open Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

niklas_

Aug 30, 2012
Paderborn
Great suggestions! Theming other apps though is a challenge most of the time unless it's built into the app. The only good way to do it is to include things like whatsapp in the rom, but that requires getting permissions and then source code to insert the theme code. Just as an example, Whatsapp is owned by Facebook. Getting permission from them to include it in a rom would be pretty close to impossible IMO.
But how come WhatsApp is/was supported in cm themes? I've always been theming WhatsApp on cm 12 and 13 on my old devices. (I don't know about cm14)

Reactions: Okeh and Jole7

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Downloading now, I have a few questions:

- How do you plan on updating the ROM? Will there eventually be OTA?
- Will you always upload to Google Drive? I'm sure the community prefer a "folder" of builds with all if not most past builds accessible too.
- Do you have a schedule for builds?

aadityarulez

Jun 5, 2013

- Will you always upload to Google Drive? I'm sure the community prefer a "folder" of builds with all if not most past builds accessible too.
Ota is being worked on.
Don't have any idea about it. Uploading to afh is a great option imo.
No solid eta's atm. They plan on releasing a stable build by year end I think.

Reactions: Rawwrius01

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Ota is being worked on.

Thanks for answering my questions, I agree that AFH is a good option but basketbuild is good too.

A solid build by the end of the year would be great.

calvinistmac

Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere in Tennessee
But how come WhatsApp is/was supported in cm themes? I've always been theming WhatsApp on cm 12 and 13 on my old devices. (I don't know about cm14)

I don't know, I've never actually tried to theme whatsapp. If they got it themed in CMTE then that's cool. Physically going in and changing the resources is a different beast altogether.

Let's keep the thread on topic here. CM theming isn't their primary focus right now.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Ota is being worked on.

Thanks for answering my questions, I agree that AFH is a good option but basketbuild is good too.

A solid build by the end of the year would be great.

Ok, you didn't read my rules. Please do not ask for ETAs. Next time I will report this to a mod. They will release builds when they are good and ready.

They'll upload the roms to where they see fit. AFH is good most of the time but it goes down a lot.

OTAs are in the works, but it's way down the pipeline.

Last edited:

BoOsT

Jan 6, 2008
Southeast Missouri
Ok, you didn't read my rules. Please do not ask for ETAs. Next time I will report this to a mod. They will release builds when they are good and ready.

They'll upload the roms to where they see fit. AFH is good most of the time but it goes down a lot.

OTAs are in the works, but it's way down the pipeline.
I don't think that was asking for an ETA on the next build. More asking about the future plan (Nightly, weekly, monthly builds). I believe everyone is really excited about this ROM. I'm sure you don't want to push away potential supporters for a miscommunication.

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
I don't think that was asking for an ETA on the next build. More asking about the future plan (Nightly, weekly, monthly builds). I believe everyone is really excited about this ROM. I'm sure you don't want to push away potential supporters for a miscommunication.

This indeed was the case, I just wondered what plans were. Thank you.

Reactions: BoOsT

calvinistmac

Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere in Tennessee

This indeed was the case, I just wondered what plans were. Thank you.

I apologize for the miscommunication. I do not want to alienate anyone from supporting us. I'm glad you're all excited about this. I am too! I'm running this as my daily driver right now, just goes to show the development prowess behind this.

Reactions: BoOsT

niraj30518

Aug 3, 2008
Mumbai
Just curious on the cam quality. I am aware that it can't match stock. Is there any improvement or the quality is same as other CM based roms?

Many thanks !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Internally we will be switching bases to AOSP/CAF at some point in January. Once we have that correctly optimized and stable, we will begin working on new features & can officially start working on the Beta.

Regards
-Alex

Awesome! Can't wait!

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I apologize for the miscommunication. I do not want to alienate anyone from supporting us. I'm glad you're all excited about this. I am too! I'm running this as my daily driver right now, just goes to show the development prowess behind this.

Indeed! I shall be running this as daily driver too, with a different Substratum theme and kernel, just because I wanted a basic Nougat ROM with a similar feature set to CM14 with Substratum, which didn't exist. So thank you Uniquity devs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UWHuovH.png

Well it's finally here... Thank you all for your support in the initial thread. Now you get to try Uniquity for yourself!

General Information
    When leaving feedback on Uniquity, please remember the primary focus of this Alpha release is for Stability & performance. We are looking for anything that may crash, slow-down or otherwise affect performance or stability. We've also included our Official theme in order to gain feedback on it. Please note this will be just the default theme included with Uniquity, and a dark theme will be available at a later date. Please do not report any of the issues listed above as we are already aware & are working hard to fix the issues.

If you would like to join our telegram group to talk to us or other members directly, you can so so with the following link.
    https://telegram.me/uniquityrom

Known Issues
    • Some QS icons are not themed correctly, this will be fixed in a later build
    • The 'Reset' icon on the power menu is not themed correctly
    • Our theme implementation is broken. A temporary fix for this can be found on post #20. This should be fixed in an upcoming build

Download Links - Please flash IN THIS ORDER
    1- Firmware - 3.5.5 Flash BEFORE ROM via TWRP
    2- ROM - 'Uniquity-0.2a-UPDATE-oneplus3-Update' 3
    3- Open Gapps - Select 'ARM64' and 7.1
    4- SuperSU - Flash AFTER everything else

Optional Downloads
    1- Substratum Theme Engine
    2- Entranced Theme APK

XDA:DevDB Information
    Uniquity, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    UniquityProject, Evokkimus, HR_778, Shuuin
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: 3.5.5
    Kernel Source: Link
    Based On: Cyanogenmod
    Required Firmware: 3.5.5 - LINK

Version Information

Created 2016-12-21
    Last Updated 2016-12-21
    -----
    Changelog for build 131 (DEC-29-2016)
    - Fully implemented echo fix
    - Alert slider fixed
    - Substratum and theme apk removed. See OP for install instructions
    - Small UI tweaks in Settings App
    - Kernel Optimizations
    -Performance tweaks
    - Synced with latest source
    - General bug fixes
    Project is NOT dead guys, lots going on behind the scenes. Stay tuned!
    Just a couple of teaser images for the upcoming dark theme ;)
    A theme update is in the works. Many parts of it have been overhauled and re-worked. The APK will be posted in the OP when it is ready. Stay tuned!

Regards
    -Alex
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone