[ROM][Unlocked BL][V7 02.07.2017] LineageOS BETA (NJH47D) for SGP611/SGP621

Search This thread

milox_x

Jun 9, 2017
Hagen
Brightness control is not working (it's always at max no matter what you select) and 5Ghz wifi is not detected either. Are these known issues? Can't see them in the OP.

By the way noticed also that screen is not going totally off when pressing power off button to block it or the device goes auto off...

I didn't had issue with brightness too. Did you followed flash instructions correctly? I would try to reflash it.

eboelens

Jul 17, 2013
lier
ASUS ZenFone 8
Hallo months ago I flashed V8 with succes but I didnt flash Fixed Boot Image.
I need now USB data but it don"t work ofcourse.
I want flash now the fixed boot image but I can"t
fastboot don't recognize my device 'waiting for devices' ........

what can I do ?

wulfiss

Jul 24, 2012
malabrigo
Hallo months ago I flashed V8 with succes but I didnt flash Fixed Boot Image.
I need now USB data but it don"t work ofcourse.
I want flash now the fixed boot image but I can"t
fastboot don't recognize my device 'waiting for devices' ........

what can I do ?

i think you can flash the boot image via twrp, correct me if i am wrong.

nachtgeist

May 31, 2017
Hi lowtraxx,

is there a chance you're going to publish your current local_manifests and forked repos? I've seen your profile on github but those repos seemed a bit stale to me...
Thanks!

Daniel

Reactions: belrik

cquilliam

Jul 6, 2011
St. John's, NL
I've been out of the loop for a very long time, and am wondering if I can do anything with my Z3TC.

I'm in Canada and purchased my Z3TC from Rogers. As far as I know, it is bootloader locked, and I don't believe there is an official method to unlock it (I remember checking a site before, and it saying my device wasn't eligable). It's been a while, and I'm wondering if things have changed? Can I do anything with my Z3TC in order to use something like this Lineage OS?

What I have:

Model: SGP621
Android Version: 6.0.1
Android Security patch level: May 1, 2016
Baseband: 8974-AAAAANAZQ-00112-61
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-perf-gc14c2d5 BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Tue Jan 28 11:15:51 2016
Build Number: 23.5.A.1.291

Been going around all the old posts here, and am not sure if any of it is relevant anymore.

Geralthewhitewolf

Aug 17, 2017
I've been out of the loop for a very long time, and am wondering if I can do anything with my Z3TC.

I'm in Canada and purchased my Z3TC from Rogers. As far as I know, it is bootloader locked, and I don't believe there is an official method to unlock it (I remember checking a site before, and it saying my device wasn't eligable). It's been a while, and I'm wondering if things have changed? Can I do anything with my Z3TC in order to use something like this Lineage OS?

What I have:

Model: SGP621
Android Version: 6.0.1
Android Security patch level: May 1, 2016
Baseband: 8974-AAAAANAZQ-00112-61
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-perf-gc14c2d5 BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Tue Jan 28 11:15:51 2016
Build Number: 23.5.A.1.291

Been going around all the old posts here, and am not sure if any of it is relevant anymore.
Of course, you can unlock your bootloader. Just head onto this page, scroll to the bottom and select your device then simply follow the instructions.
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
There are some additional links on the page that maybe of help.
Good luck!

cquilliam

Jul 6, 2011
St. John's, NL
Of course, you can unlock your bootloader. Just head onto this page, scroll to the bottom and select your device then simply follow the instructions.
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
There are some additional links on the page that maybe of help.
Good luck!

So, after I made my reply, I went and searched out that unlocking page again and came across it and attempted to follow the instructions:

Please note! It will only be possible to unlock the boot loader for certain releases of this model. You can check if it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your device by checking the service menu.

Open the Contacts app.
Click the menu button in the top right.
Click Settings.
Long press (for about 5 seconds) somewhere in the empty space just above soft key bar, and then release your finger. A button named Enter service code will then appear in the same area (this may take a few tries).
Click Enter service code. A dialer will appear.
Enter *#*#7378423#*#* in the dialer.
Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

First off, step 4 does not work for me. Long-pressing anywhere in the white space does not make anything happen.

So, I launch the phone dial pad and enter the code as described, and I can get to the menu. From there, I follow the instructions, and I get to the Service Info -> Configuration -> Rooting Status

Rooting status:
Bootloader unlock allowed: No

Geralthewhitewolf

Aug 17, 2017
@cquilliam
There are a lot of people here using this ROM on sgp621(LTE version), the OP himself has a sgp621. So why don't you just try unlocking it (by entering your imei number, getting the unlock code and running the required commands in the terminal).
Here is a detailed video explaining the unlocking process
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPYicb8_-Q

Just give it a go, most likely you'll be able to unlock it.

cquilliam

Jul 6, 2011
St. John's, NL
@cquilliam
There are a lot of people here using this ROM on sgp621(LTE version), the OP himself has a sgp621. So why don't you just try unlocking it (by entering your imei number, getting the unlock code and running the required commands in the terminal).
Here is a detailed video explaining the unlocking process
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPYicb8_-Q

Just give it a go, most likely you'll be able to unlock it.

Thanks for your effort, but it doesn't look like it's possible for me for some reason. Perhaps it depends on where the SGP621 came from? I don't know.

I tried anyway, and got this:
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.005s

cquilliam

Jul 6, 2011
St. John's, NL
Oh, that's sad! But stock ROM ain't that bad either.

I was kind of hoping to strip down this thing a bit as I'm constantly getting messages on it that i'm running out of space. I have a 64gb sd card and move as many apps over to it as possible, but i still run out with barely anything on it, it's frustrating. I had it rooted at one point and used several different programs to remove as much as I could, but still didn't help much.

Oh well!

orjanraberg

Thanks for your effort, but it doesn't look like it's possible for me for some reason. Perhaps it depends on where the SGP621 came from? I don't know.

I tried anyway, and got this:
You need to supply the unlock key specific to your tablet to the command. The only way to get it is from Sony: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

BTW it seems most people have moved on the the AICP Android 8 Oreo ROM instead of this one because of lack of development on this ROM.

cquilliam

Jul 6, 2011
St. John's, NL
You need to supply the unlock key specific to your tablet to the command. The only way to get it is from Sony: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

BTW it seems most people have moved on the the AICP Android 8 Oreo ROM instead of this one because of lack of development on this ROM.

Thanks, i did get the code generated after entering my IMEI and used that on the fastboot command line as instructed. No dice.

belrik

Nov 25, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am so sorry for being quiet for this long. Actually, this is my first time back on the forum in the last few weeks :( I was held up, because I moved to a new House over those last few weeks and there were quite a few hiccups along the way including spotty to no internet access. Also I was in Canada for a few weeks in between (actually currently am again till the end of the week) due to work engagements. But now that I am settled in, and stress at work reduces due to 2017 being over, I hope to get the builds running again (need to dust off the build machine) in a timely fashion.

Sorry again guys

Hi lowtraxx. Still loving this build, but have you had any luck getting that build machine running again? Would be great to get some security updates. Many thanks.

Reactions: Hubbe2004

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk! Backup your data before flashing! I am not responsible for bricked devices, World War III or your exploding cats!
    Warning: The SGP611 images are not tested, but just built by me, as I do not own the device. But as the two devices are the same except for the 4G Modem, it should work. If not, please let me know.

About:
    As my beloved SGP621 was just collecting dust, I decided to try porting Android 7.1 AOSP onto it. That worked well, so I moved on to CM 14.1 and now LineageOS
    And voila, with a few tweaks here and there, it works (for the most part). But this is still considered BETA, so be warned and flash at your own risk. This will most likely replace the CM14.1 from the thread here, so the Changelog will also be continued on here.

What works:
    - Display
    - Sound
    - WiFi
    - 4G Data
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera (Taking Pictures and Video works, but focus does not work)
    - NFC (somewhat flakey)
    - LED
    - Magnetic Cover Sleep/Wake
    - Double-Tap to wake
    - LiveDisplay
    - SELinux enforced
    - FM Radio (only minor glitches remain)
    - AptX and AptXHD BT support

What doesn't work:
    - Audio Volume has some issues (Loudest in the middle of the slider, than does not change after.)
    - QuickCharge (Implementation to high a risk [Overheating], will leave it out for now.)
    - You tell me

If your battery depletes rapidly, please disable NFC and check if it betters things. Then comment here, so I can look into it.

Flashing from CM14.1 (This should no longer be needed, as everyone should be updated by now):
    If you have CM14.1 from the other thread installed, and want to upgrade, you need to take special care and follow the instructions here or you could end up with a bootlooping device. Anyways, as always, before you try to upgrade, make a backup. I repeat, MAKE A BACKUP! LineageOS is now enforcing SELinux, which leads to all kinds of complications, but makes the device more secure in the end and is well worth the extra effort needed. So lets get to it then.
    First you need to have twrp recovery, as cm recovery is, for some reason we have not been able to figure out yet, not capable of installing GApps to the device. After that, flash the update.zip any way you want (via SD or sideload) and DIRECTLY after flash GApps (if you use them. If not you should be good to go). If you forget to flash GApps you will end up in a bootloop. But do not panic, it can be fixed by (you may have guessed) rebooting back into recovery and flashing GApps.

Flashing:
    If you installed the recovery to the FOTAKernel partition then, while booting, get your device into recovery mode, by hitting VolUp multiple times once the LED flashes purple. Do so until it turns orange. (If you already have another recovery installed, boot into it.)
    Now select install from adb sideload and from your computer issue:
    Code:
    adb sideload lineage-14.1-(DATE)-UNOFFICIAL-Lowtraxx-scorpion(_windy).zip

gapps:
    Lineage 14.1 was tested with open gapps for Nougat 7.1 arm (nano confirmed working, others could be problematic)

Tips for better battery life (obsolete):
    I installed Naptime to trigger deep doze as soon as the tablet goes to sleep. I also enabled zzmoove cpu gov and noop scheduler in the kernel options. Because of the high display brightness. This leads to me getting standby battery consumption of around 1.2% per hour (measured with GSam Battery Monitor) which is nearly the same amount I got with stock.

Changelog (LineageOS):
    02.08.2017 - V8:
    - Newest Lineage, Sony and Android Sources
    - Android June/July security patches
    - Small fixes everywhere
    06.06.2017 - V7:
    - Integrated new RQBalance-PowerHAL and librqbalance from Sony's GIT
    - Android May security patches
    - Small fixes everywhere
    27.04.2017 - V6:
    - Android April security patches
    - Small fixes everywhere
    11.03.2017 - V5:
    - Android February security patches (addendum)
    - Audio volume fixes (finally) thx to @dontbelive
    - Lots of Audio enhancements (but still lots to do)
    - Support for AptX and AptXHD
    - More FM fixes (should be mostly stable now)
    - Sleep improvements and kernel simplification (less log clutter and removal of unneeded drivers)
    05.03.2017 - V4:
    - Android February security patches
    - Updated to newest Sony and QCom blobs (crash fixes for Adreno etc.)
    - FM and Bluetooth now work independent of each other and can be on at the same time (still some glitches)
    - Sleep improvements and kernel simplification (less log clutter and removal of unneeded drivers)
    - Fixed NFC glitch that was introduced in V3
    19.02.2017 - V3:
    - Newest Lineage, Sony and Android patches
    - Updated to newest Sony and QCom blobs (crash fixes for Adreno etc.)
    - Video recording fixed (works most of the time now)
    - Switched to Open Source GPS implementation
    10.01.2017 - V2:
    - Newest Lineage, Sony and Android patches
    - Update to newest Nougat with Jan Security patches
    - NFC fixes (Worked mostly reliable in my tests and no Log Spam)
    - Many SELinux changes
    05.01.2017 - V1:
    - Switch to Lineage Sources
    - Newest security patches and fixes by Sony, QCom and Google
    - Camera now records video
    - SELinux is now enforced
    - GPS on SGP611 should now work reliably (thanks koron393)
    - Bluesleep wakelock should be gone and device should deep sleep now

Changelog (CyanogenMod):
    21.12.2016 - V4:
    - Newest CM, Sony and Android sources
    - Security patches
    - Lots of UI fixes
    - Support for SDCardFS
    - Support for LiveDisplay
    08.12.2016 - V3:
    - Updated to Android 7.1.1 (NMF26O)
    - Updated to newest sources (CM and Sony)
    - Added workaround for charging wakelock (thanks rcstar6696)
    - FM Radio works (only if Bluetooth is off, breaks if BT is on while Radio gets enabled)
    04.12.2016 - V2.1:
    - Updated to newest sources (CM and Sony)
    - Added UHS SD-Card fix from koron393
    03.12.2016 - V2:
    - Updated to newest CM14.1 sources
    - Updated to newest Sony kernel and driver sources
    - Integrated Widevine DRM for Play Movies
    - Lots of fixes and enhancements
    - Better battery life
    - Lowered user configurable mimimal brightness
    02.11.2016 - V1:
    - Initial release: Everything except Camera and Radio is working. Camera uses HAL1.

- Sony, for providing awesome AOSP support on github
    - alviteri for providing me with pointers and help on my porting issues
    - koron393 for the UHS SDCard fix
    - dontbelive for the Audio fixes from his StereoMod here

Downloads:
    There is a Bug in the bootimages of V8, that prevents USB data from working. After flashing the Full ROM, please reboot to bootloader and fastboot flash the corresponding fixed boot.img
    V8 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V8 - GDrive - Fixed Boot Image Scorpion
    MD5: 2ca53a92c40b60be28c0078dd0c2e00b
    SHA1: f5d963eff2b45cb1c52bc74ae7955d9162d17be3

V8 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V8 - GDrive - Fixed Boot Image Scorpion Windy
    MD5: 9b223ed474427c8628d0d8904efdf9ca
    SHA1: 0e64a01a8d204e951a1f3c87ed4ba45eec68c919

Older Downloads:
    V7 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V7 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V6 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621) Only use if you know how to apply the NFC fix from here
    V6 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611) Only use if you know how to apply the NFC fix from here
    V5 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V5 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V4 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V4 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V3 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V3 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V2 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V2 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    V1 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion (SGP621)
    V1 - GDrive - LineageOS14.1 Scorpion Windy (SGP611)
    December patches are in, build for SGP621 is running. (Crossing fingers and hoping everything works :))
    @lowtraxx did you abandon the ROM? Please give us a short update. A new build with KRACK fix would be really nice [emoji4]

No, I have not abandoned the ROM. I just got my repaired Tab Z3 back last week. Also I am working hard on porting Oreo to the device. Also (real ;)) work takes precedence and the last weeks of the year are always the worst.
    Status-Update Nougat: I think I found the root cause of the WiFi error that plagued me the last weeks. If so, I will wait for the December Security patches, integrate them and then finally release the new version. Sorry it takes so long, but as stated previously, I have a lot on my plate currently :(

Status-Update Oreo: It is currently booting into Android, but not much else is working.
    Just an update and FYI for you guys. I am still working on this, and there will be new releases. But my main goal is to get this as stable as possible and in the last few weeks many things in the ROM suddenly broke (due to changes in the blobs, changes Lineage made and other stuff) and I am patching it up here and there. I should get a rock solid build in the next few days (running the RC for it on my SGP621 to put it through its paces). I also added lots of the recommended changes here in the thread and still try fixing the alarm volume issue as well as up the speed performance-wise. So stay tuned ;)