• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [unlocked] [douglas,giza] [OTAs] Lineage-15.1 [02 JAN 2022]

Search This thread

moore.bryan

Apr 26, 2011
Sure...

EDIT
After installing and reinstalling a number of times, the choppiness has disappeared, leading me to believe it was (somehow) an issue with the streaming services and/or my network connections and not the ROM. I'm hoping to update to the latest build later today and test some more.

Last edited:

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
New build is up.

2021-10-31 [douglas] [giza]

• Resolved missing {drm,omx} symbols ({TimedEventQueue,EVP}).
  • Added MicroG support (Signature Spoofing).
  • Added exFAT support (included new kernel driver).
  • Fixed audio stream (amazon proprietary libraries).
  • Added GPU Extension Device ("GED") support.
  • Updated the security patch to October 2021.
PS: Happy Halloween!

slinson

Sep 26, 2012
Dallas
New build is up.

I'm on this load. However, the SD card access seems to be denied. Is this expected limitation so far or am I missing something? Please advise.

I'd be grateful for any info on approximate idle battery life for this (LOS 15.1 on douglas). I know that deep sleep isn't working but not sure what that translates to in terms of how often you have to charge the tablet.

I'm currently on LOS 12 (thanks to @Rortiz2 for that btw) and get about a month between charges if the tablet is left totally idle.

maelcocolatorche

Nov 3, 2021
Hi, OTA update works fine for me.

I've updated from lineage-12.1-20200905-UNOFFICIAL-douglas to lineage-15.1-20211002-UNOFFICIAL-douglas manually last saturday

And updated OTA to lineage-15.1-20211031-UNOFFICIAL-douglas

Thanks to @Rortiz2

Reactions: mh1983

maelcocolatorche

Nov 3, 2021
Hello I found this information on xda, it can help to solve the deep sleep issue:

pashtun

Apr 26, 2012
Hello I found this information on xda, it can help to solve the deep sleep issue:

Is this an issue with this ROM? I've been running it without any problems (except for some reason it's been taking a long time to charge today, but I've just upgraded to the latest build. maybe that will fix that issue), but I just went into the settings and 'double tap to sleep' was already turned off anyway.

v7asfpx

Sep 4, 2021
Thank you Rortiz2!
Thanks for all your hard work and time you put in on this @Rortiz2!

Can I assume the inability to playback videos—be that in HBO, Netflix, or FuboTV—without them being choppy as all get out is related to the known "Hardware Decoding (OMX - 1080p video playback" issue?
I just switch to 720. I don't notice the difference

pashtun

Apr 26, 2012
Anyone else having difficulty charging sometimes? Sometimes it charges fine, other times it still drops when plugged in (especially when it's below 50%).
Until yesterday, I had no issues with charging, but my son ran the battery right down and it's been taking a very long time to recharge. This was on the previous build' I've just done an OTA update to the latest build, which will hopefully fix the issue.

EDIT: The issue seems to have gone away now.

Last edited:

reloxiw959

Sep 27, 2021
@Rortiz2 I just have to say thank you! I recently updated my tablet to the newest rom that you built and i have to say I noticed a very big performance boost. I know sometimes we might seem like a bunch of ungrateful strangers, but be assured that all of us respect your work. Again, thanks for all your work we really appreciate it.

mikef1

Jun 6, 2010
I'd be grateful for any info on approximate idle battery life for this (LOS 15.1 on douglas). I know that deep sleep isn't working but not sure what that translates to in terms of how often you have to charge the tablet.

I'm currently on LOS 12 (thanks to @Rortiz2 for that btw) and get about a month between charges if the tablet is left totally idle.
I'm holding off this update for the same reason. Mike.

slinson

Sep 26, 2012
Dallas
No that's not expected. Could you elaborate your situation please? What is the sdcard format? Are you using it as internal storage or external storage?

Sure and thank you for your time in advance.

I tired with 2 different sd cards:
1. Sandisk Ultra 64G, exFAT, and this one was working fine on the same douglas when running previous 12.1 (where I upgraded from), and was even working fine in TWRP when flashing 15.1 ROM
2. Samsung EVO Select 64G, also in exFAT. Working fine on other Android devices.

The symptom is that (same for the 2 cards):
1. the tablet can somehow 'see' the sd card, because not only it shows 'for transferring photos and media' in the status bar when card is inserted, but also I can even see the portable storage listed '49.xx GB used of 63.99 GB' under Storage in Setting - no problem
2. However, when try to access the content of the sd card, say using stock File Manager app, or File Manager+ or RS File Manager that I downloaded from Play Store, none of them would show the content of the SD card when navigating to the path - they all show somewhat 'access denied' message and leaving a blank folder -- as if no access was granted, but none of them asked for access approval neither.
3. Weird enough, all of the 3 file manager apps can somehow 'see' the sd card with usage listed '49.xx GB used of 63.99 GB' or 77% or whatnot. Meaning the card itself is there.

Btw like I mentioned I upgraded from 12.1 (followed all wipe procedure), and the same sd card was working fine on 12.1 for me.

la_tristesse

Apr 14, 2014
New build is up.

2021-11-07 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed Video Recording.
  • Partially fixed Hardware Decoding/Encoding.
NOTE: 1080p it's still laggy.

I can not confirm that hw dec/enc is fixed. I just installed your 2021-11-07 build on a Kindle HD8 (Douglas) and played a jellyfish-10-mbps-hd-h264.mkv testfile without hardware decoding support on Kodi 19.3. Did I miss something or is the support limited to a specific app?

Imagepipe_435.jpg

maelcocolatorche

Nov 3, 2021
I'm glad to hear that, but unfortunately telling me "battery problems" it's useless for me. If you're talking about deep sleep, it's already a known issue. If you are talking about the charging issue, please provide more details (how to produce it, which charger you are using ...).
I'm talking about deep sleep issue which is already known

About this issue have you seen this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/no-deep-sleep-on-any-custom-rom.3612472/post-72673080

sachinss

May 9, 2013
New build is up.

2021-11-07 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed Video Recording.
  • Partially fixed Hardware Decoding/Encoding.
NOTE: 1080p it's still laggy.
Thanks again for the continued development on this ROM!

I am on gize and am not able to get the camera working. I have tried it with the stock camera app from the lockscreen, a QR scanner app from the Play Store, and also a bunch of 3rd party camera apps. All of them fail to start the camera.

I have installed Fully Kiosk Browser and I want to use the camera motion detection feature on the tab. Any suggestions on what I can do? Happy to provide any logs that are needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up.

2022-01-02 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed USB tethering.
    • Added support for MTK's perfnative handles.
    • Updated vendor blobs to the latest FireOS version.
    • Defined the vendor security patch (to satisfy Trust).
    • Cleaned up unused vendor blobs & patches.
    • Fixed MicroG spoof patch.
    NOTE: giza users, check if the cameras are working now, please.
    NOTE: MicroG users, check if you can use MicroG now, please.
    Just wanted to take a moment to thank the OP, this ROM has breathed new life into my douglas.
    Not sure what's wrong with MicroG then. The patch is there (and applied, I double checked it). Can't do anything else, sorry. As for giza camera, try to grab boot logs, they should be different now.
    @Rortiz2
    I'm enjoying LineageOS 15.1 so far (Douglas). I see that deep sleep is a known issue. Is there a way to manually force a deep sleep? And do you think the deep sleep problem is something that could be fixed in the near term, or is it more a long term, to probably can't be fixed sort of issue?
    Unfortunately, I'm still not sure of what's causing deep sleep to not work at all (even though I tried to debug it a lot of times). So yeah, I can't give you an exact date (or estimated) of when I'll fix that issue.
    @Rortiz2 This may be an unpopular opinion, but I hate the default typing sounds on LineageOS. I'm not sure if it's kosher to replace them in the distribution image? If so here is a copy of the iOS typing sounds:

They just need to be placed in /system/media/audio/ui
    I would prefer to keep the LineageOS sources as stock as possible. You might hate the default sounds, but other people might like them. So yeah I think it's best to just leave them as is and let users change them afterwards if they don't like the defaults (like you did). As a side note, since these will be overwritten every time you update the ROM, I would recommend you to create a ZIP that replaces the sounds (so you can just flash it after every update) or set up some kind of addon.d script.​
    320px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1.0) for the Amazon Fire HD8 2016/2017

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.​

IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM:
    • As usual, you need to be unlocked to install this ROM.
    • This ROM is only compatible with the Fire HD8 2017 (douglas) and the Fire HD8 2016 (giza).
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Deep Sleep.
    • Hidden SSIDs.
    • Hardware decoding.
    • [giza] Camera.
    INSTALLATION:
    • Boot to TWRP.
    • Wipe system, cache and userdata.
    • Install the ROM zip.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash G-Apps package.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash root (Magisk/SuperSU).
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    DOWNLOADS:
    Source Code:
    Special Thanks:
    New build is up.

Good news to everyone. I partially fixed HW decoding (and this includes Video Recording) ;)

EDIT: It fully works now
    New build is up.

2021-09-16 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed camera.
    • Fixed internal storage (OBB) issues.
    NOTE: Video recording isn't working at all, it crashes with the stock camera app but it works with some third-party apps (such as Telegram).
    NOTE: Let me know if obb issues are fully gone (I basically reverted the sdcardfs squash update). Try to clean flash the ROM as well before reporting if the bug it's still present.
    New build is up.

2021-10-03 [douglas] [giza]

• Updated vcodec libraries.
    • Fixed internal storage issues (disabled sdcardFS).
    • Removed amazon/mediatek kernel logging.
    • Resolved missing libraries/symbols.
    • Converted audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.xml.
    • Switched back to stock libcam.utils.sensorlistener.so.
    • Introduced Sensors MultiHAL.