[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for Amazon Fire HD8 7/6th gen (douglas/giza)

Search This thread

Rortiz2

New build is up.

2022-01-02 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed USB tethering.
  • Added support for MTK's perfnative handles.
  • Updated vendor blobs to the latest FireOS version.
  • Defined the vendor security patch (to satisfy Trust).
  • Cleaned up unused vendor blobs & patches.
  • Fixed MicroG spoof patch.
NOTE: giza users, check if the cameras are working now, please.
NOTE: MicroG users, check if you can use MicroG now, please.

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014
Happy new year! Just clean flashed the new build and microg still claims there is no spoofing support. I'm using the magisk module (microg installer revived), if that matters.

cellist

Dec 22, 2013
New build is up.

• Fixed USB tethering.
Good morning and a happy new year to all of you! Thank you very much for the new ROM, I tried the Giza one right now, but unfortunately, the camera is not working (I tried with OpenCamera). And for MicroG: no signature spoofing capabilities right now. Appreciate your effort!!

Last edited:

cellist

Dec 22, 2013
Not sure what's wrong with MicroG then. The patch is there (and applied, I double checked it). Can't do anything else, sorry. As for giza camera, try to grab boot logs, they should be different now.
Thank you Rortiz2 for your kind offer! I appended a logcat when trying OpenCamera that I compressed to save some space (hopefully this is useful, since I haven't used logcat before). I personally am very happy with your ROM, as a working camera on that tablet is not important for me. Btw. MicroG reports missing spoofing capability on douglas with its self test just as well, but let's see what other users of your ROM report back ...

Attachments

• giza_camera_logcat.gz
    3.3 KB · Views: 5

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014
Not sure what's wrong with MicroG then. The patch is there (and applied, I double checked it). Can't do anything else, sorry. As for giza camera, try to grab boot logs, they should be different now.
Well, I'm not sure it's microG, just used smali patcher to generate the magisk module and after installing it, spoofing works... so maybe the patch doesn't apply on 15.1 the way it should... Thanks for double-checking it was in!

ShapeShifter499

Sep 13, 2009
New build is up.

• Fixed USB tethering.
will the microG patch mess with CTS/SafetyNet ?

Happy new year everyone. I have been using LineageOS 15 on my Douglas for a few months now. I've been having an issue with mesh WiFi for some time now. Instead of seamless switching as I move around the house, I get these disconnects, and reconnects. Has anyone else noticed this? There are no WiFi issues as long as I stay in one room.

Not a big problem in general, but causes some video streaming apps to stop buffering. I figure that is probably an app issue, where they aren't handling abrupt disconnects/reconnects properly. But I do not see this behaviour (WiFi disconnect/reconnect) with my other devices.

I am on the latest update at the moment, January 2022. I have a set of three Tp-Link Decos around the house.

Rortiz2

Happy new year everyone. I have been using LineageOS 15 on my Douglas for a few months now. I've been having an issue with mesh WiFi for some time now. Instead of seamless switching as I move around the house, I get these disconnects, and reconnects. Has anyone else noticed this? There are no WiFi issues as long as I stay in one room.

Not a big problem in general, but causes some video streaming apps to stop buffering. I figure that is probably an app issue, where they aren't handling abrupt disconnects/reconnects properly. But I do not see this behaviour (WiFi disconnect/reconnect) with my other devices.

I am on the latest update at the moment, January 2022. I have a set of three Tp-Link Decos around the house.
Interesting, thanks for the report. Mind if I send you a zip in PM to see if the problem gets fixed?

Rortiz2

Thank you Rortiz2 for your kind offer! I appended a logcat when trying OpenCamera that I compressed to save some space (hopefully this is useful, since I haven't used logcat before). I personally am very happy with your ROM, as a working camera on that tablet is not important for me. Btw. MicroG reports missing spoofing capability on douglas with its self test just as well, but let's see what other users of your ROM report back ...
Thanks for the log, but unfortunately it's kinda useless since I can't see how does camera init. Could you grab instead a log while you power on the tablet (Amazon Logo -> LineageOS bootanimation -> Home Screen)?

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014

For me it also happens with one access point - I randomly see the Wi-Fi icon going hollow - not connected to any AP. That is with me not moving... I think there were reports about that before?

OS9er

Jan 4, 2022
Hello everyone, new forum user here. Recently installed this build of Lineage on my Douglas, and just grabbed the latest update. All the major features are working fine. Only problem I have is the SD-card inaccessibility bug (device sees the SD card is inserted, but can't read any of the files on it). I'd love to see a patch for that, if possible. Otherwise, it's working much better than FireOS ever did. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Instructions:
    • Reboot to recovery mode
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the Gapps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Deep sleep (Doze)
    • Hardware decoding (OMX)
    • Camera (both photos/videos) isn't working on giza
    • Can't connect to hidden SSIDs
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM only supports both douglas (Fire HD8 2017) and giza (Fire HD8 2016)
    How do i...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
      • Follow the instructions of the unlock thread (douglas | giza)
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (douglas | giza) and flash it using TWRP
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, FreakyyLike (for the douglas donation)
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8163-dev
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_kernel_amazon_mt8163
    Quick update; I'll probably release the latest version of 15.1 soon with some fixes and I'll continue working on 18.1 as I already started making the trees.​
    New build is up.

2021-10-31 [douglas] [giza]

• Resolved missing {drm,omx} symbols ({TimedEventQueue,EVP}).
    • Added MicroG support (Signature Spoofing).
    • Added exFAT support (included new kernel driver).
    • Fixed audio stream (amazon proprietary libraries).
    • Added GPU Extension Device ("GED") support.
    • Updated the security patch to October 2021.
    PS: Happy Halloween!
    Good news! 17.1 is almost as stable as 15.1! (even camera works).

I'll fix a few bugs and upload the first (public) beta shortly (as well the sources).
    Good news to everyone. I partially fixed HW decoding (and this includes Video Recording) ;)

EDIT: It fully works now