• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [unlocked] [douglas,giza] [OTAs] Lineage-15.1 [12 SEP 2021]

Search This thread

kasumiii

Sep 13, 2021
hello installed the rom too so far everything works correctly but theres one issue i having. Its affects the Obb Folder. Ihave a game called Dead Trigger which needs access to the obb folder , which works so far but it kinda lets the OBB folder dissappearing and then theres a obb file which is 0 Bytes replaces the folder. I tried to fix it by removing the obb 0 byte file but it keeps coming back and crash the obb folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-171726_Dateien.png
    Screenshot_20210913-171726_Dateien.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 16

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
hello installed the rom too so far everything works correctly but theres one issue i having. Its affects the Obb Folder. Ihave a game called Dead Trigger which needs access to the obb folder , which works so far but it kinda lets the OBB folder dissappearing and then theres a obb file which is 0 Bytes replaces the folder. I tried to fix it by removing the obb 0 byte file but it keeps coming back and crash the obb folder.
Weird behavior, I personally tried these games and they're working fine. Try to clean flash the ROM (formatting data) I guess.

Barrytoo

Jan 12, 2013
New build is up.

2021-09-12 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed up wpa_supplicant config files.
  • Cleaned up wpa_supplicant service definitions (rootdir).
  • Kanged Wi-Fi HAL from the BQ Aquaris M10 (freezerhd).
NOTE: please, let me know if wifi drops are gone.
Great work as always, the build is almost stable!

The one issue that affects me is the inability to connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks. I can add them, but they will go to the saved networks afterwards and won't be seen in the available networks page.

I hope you squash this in the next build. If it's something wrong that I'm doing, I'd appreciate letting me know.

Keep up the good work! Thanks

kasumiii

Sep 13, 2021
I try it then with reflash the rom , i did install it via ota update. Since then it happens which is weird indeed. I will tell if its working then after reflash or no.

xenonrider

Dec 17, 2011

I can confirm this. It works initially but eventually the obb folder becomes a 0 byte file. Also, Chrome isn't able to save to the download location and complains about not having access to the SD card.

federico72

Jun 2, 2010
Porto Alegre
@Rortiz2 I did a 2 days test with the new build and wifi disconnections are almost gone for me. I lose connection from my nas from time to time when streaming video using VLC, better test another player when I have time to see if there is some kind of buffer issue within the app.
Since Netflix and Amazon Video are working fine could be just VLC acting weirdly.

About battery time, I got more than a day of juice with about 3 hours of full hd streaming and a bit of navigation.
Not bad at all if considering the age of the battery and the deep sleep not working yet.

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
i tried it i wiped everything and reinstalled the rom , it still having those weird behavior.
I can confirm this. It works initially but eventually the obb folder becomes a 0 byte file. Also, Chrome isn't able to save to the download location and complains about not having access to the SD card.
Alright, I could experience this issue as well, I'll investigate it as soon as I can.
By the way, I did some progress with camera and now the device isn't crashing (and force rebooting) when opening camera. I'll keep you guys updated ;)

Code:
09-15 01:24:50.954  1705  1705 D AMZ-MtkCam/DisplayClient:  (restoreBufCount){#197:vendor/mediatek/proprietary/hardware/mtkcam/legacy/v1/client/DisplayClient/DisplayClient.cpp}[restoreBufCount] get_min_undequeued_buffer_count failed: status[Function not implemented(38)]

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
@Rortiz2 I did a 2 days test with the new build and wifi disconnections are almost gone for me. I lose connection from my nas from time to time when streaming video using VLC, better test another player when I have time to see if there is some kind of buffer issue within the app.
Since Netflix and Amazon Video are working fine could be just VLC acting weirdly.

About battery time, I got more than a day of juice with about 3 hours of full hd streaming and a bit of navigation.
Not bad at all if considering the age of the battery and the deep sleep not working yet.
Awesome. Let me know if the issue persists with other players as well.

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
The camera seems to be working without problems after modifying lib3a.so with Ghidra (I just had to patch NS3A::AeAlgo::getRecommendCWTarget_v2p0 to always return 2). The video recording isn't working but fixing it will not be very complicated (since I had the same problem with my old MT8163 tab).

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
New build is up.

2021-09-16 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed camera.
  • Fixed internal storage (OBB) issues.
NOTE: Video recording isn't working at all, it crashes with the stock camera app but it works with some third-party apps (such as Telegram).
NOTE: Let me know if obb issues are fully gone (I basically reverted the sdcardfs squash update). Try to clean flash the ROM as well before reporting if the bug it's still present.

xenonrider

Dec 17, 2011
New build is up.

• Fixed camera.
NOTE: Video recording isn't working at all, it crashes with the stock camera app but it works with some third-party apps (such as Telegram).
NOTE: Let me know if obb issues are fully gone (I basically reverted the sdcardfs squash update). Try to clean flash the ROM as well before reporting if the bug it's still present.
Whoa, never thought I'd see the day the camera was working on this thing. Rortiz2 does the impossible once again. Great work!

Reactions: Nightstalk3rs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up.

2021-10-03 [douglas] [giza]

• Updated vcodec libraries.
    • Fixed internal storage issues (disabled sdcardFS).
    • Removed amazon/mediatek kernel logging.
    • Resolved missing libraries/symbols.
    • Converted audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.xml.
    • Switched back to stock libcam.utils.sensorlistener.so.
    • Introduced Sensors MultiHAL.
    I just installed this for the first time ever on my douglas (bricked > downgrade > LOS > Profit). And I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner. The tablet is unrecognizably fast compared to the garbage FireOS! Thank you @Rortiz2 for all your hard work. This is really superb.
    That sounds like toomuch work. :) I was kinda hoping to get hw video for 720p60 videos in youtube cuz they seems to lag abit amd i am too lazy to switch it to 480 manually but i am pretty much content with the state of 15.1. Good work mate!
    Yes, indeed it is. We can only thank Amazon for not updating this tablet to (at least) Android 7.1. That could have made my life easier. Anyway, I'll focus on OMX once I fix these internal storage/external SD card leftovers and that USB connection error.
    Little pro tip for the experts out there who still uses RSS (as I do). You can subscribe to https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_device_amazon_douglas/releases.atom (douglas) or https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_device_amazon_giza/releases.atom (giza) with you favorite RSS reader and you will never miss a new release by our wonderful and beloved @Rortiz2! You are awesome buddy! :)
    yep, I'll update you if i still get the rotation problem
    used the latest build for 2 days, i haven't encountered the rotation bug, seems like the bug is fixed, goodjob Rortiz and thanks for making a low end 2017 tablet alive in 2021
    320px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1.0) for the Amazon Fire HD8 2016/2017

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.​

IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM:
    • As usual, you need to be unlocked to install this ROM.
    • This ROM is in beta status so don't expect 100% stable ROM.
    • This ROM is only compatible with the Fire HD8 2017 (douglas) and the Fire HD8 2016 (giza). All questions related to other devices will be reported and ignored.
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Hardware Decoding (OMX - 1080p video playback).
    • Video Recording with stock camera (Snap).
    • Deep Sleep.
    INSTALLATION:
    • Boot to TWRP.
    • Wipe system, cache and userdata.
    • Install the ROM zip.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash G-Apps package.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash root (Magisk/SuperSU).
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    DOWNLOADS:
    Source Code:
    Special Thanks:
    New build is up.

• Fixed camera.
    New build is up.

2021-10-03 [douglas] [giza]

• Updated vcodec libraries.
    • Fixed internal storage issues (disabled sdcardFS).
    • Removed amazon/mediatek kernel logging.
    • Resolved missing libraries/symbols.
    • Converted audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.xml.
    • Switched back to stock libcam.utils.sensorlistener.so.
    • Introduced Sensors MultiHAL.
    Camera fixed (through buggy as ****)
    1631729671646.png
    New build is up.

2021-09-07 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed volume keys (kvolcb takes care of them now).
    • Fixed external storage permissions (sdcardfs).
    • Enabled "show internal storage by default" in File Explorer.
    • Added option to reboot to hacked bootloader using ADB (reboot-amonet).
    • Disabled the update recovery function (Developer Settings).
    • Extended support for {OTG,ext SDs} formats.