• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [unlocked] [douglas,giza] [OTAs] Lineage-15.1 [12 SEP 2021]

Search This thread

Nightstalk3rs

Jul 7, 2012
Do you guys use the "Shared Storage" (use external sd card as internal storage) option? This thing depends on sdcardFS and I'm planning to disable sdcardFS since it's causing weird issues with internal storages. Just asking to see if I should try to fix sdcardFS or I should just drop it.
Never have used this and not really planning on it. If it's causing problems, I vote for taking it out.

Reactions: Rortiz2

dontpanic-xda

Oct 13, 2019
Do you guys use the "Shared Storage" (use external sd card as internal storage) option? This thing depends on sdcardFS and I'm planning to disable sdcardFS since it's causing weird issues with internal storages. Just asking to see if I should try to fix sdcardFS or I should just drop it.

When I go to the "Storage" tab in settings, I'm showing 16.00 GB of "Internal shared storage".

Does this mean I'm using the configuration you're referencing?

My sdcard is 32 GB, so I'm not even sure where this "16.00 GB" setting comes from. This may be something I set up back when I still had the original FireOS on it. I don't even remember.

pom532

Aug 19, 2008
I used it before on 14.1 because the apps on a second (child) profile couldn't access the sd card. I've now got the child account as the main profile and apps (netflix etc) can see the sd card fine, so I don't need it at the moment. Cheers

Reactions: Rortiz2

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
When I go to the "Storage" tab in settings, I'm showing 16.00 GB of "Internal shared storage".

Does this mean I'm using the configuration you're referencing?

My sdcard is 32 GB, so I'm not even sure where this "16.00 GB" setting comes from. This may be something I set up back when I still had the original FireOS on it. I don't even remember.
If you have the 16GB version of douglas then you're not using the option that I mentioned, so yeah, you don't need to worry about it.

Reactions: dontpanic-xda

gqbigpaps

Sep 28, 2020
Not one bit. The tablet for me is only used for streaming, considering its spec I camt imagine it being used for more that that which kimd of makes the use of external storage as internal storage moot.

Reactions: mh1983

mh1983

Nov 5, 2012
Agree with others. I don't have plans to use the shared storage and am just happy with the way things are running now. Keep up the great work!

Reactions: gqbigpaps

kasumiii

Sep 13, 2021
I dont understand for what the shared Storage exactly is. Can we put Apps into the SD Card ?. Since the Tablet only having 16GB it would be nice. Theres one issue if i format my SD Card as Internal Storage my PC cant see the SD Card it can only see the 16GB Storage. I currently using link2sd but i can only put the extra datas to the sd not the app itself .I believe it need sd card as internal storage or ?

By the way Magisk and superuser working fine.

mh1983

Nov 5, 2012
Hi, a little bug we noticed recently on our HD8 2017 w/ Lineage 15.1. The screen sometimes gets stuck in portrait mode even if auto-rotate is on (which it is, as always, for our device). I saw the post about the Netflix rotation workaround, but this issue applies OS wide and for all apps. A reboot fixes the issue for awhile but it comes back. Any suggestions? If I can send logs from the device or help in any other way, am happy to. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, a little bug we noticed recently on our HD8 2017 w/ Lineage 15.1. The screen sometimes gets stuck in portrait mode even if auto-rotate is on (which it is, as always, for our device). I saw the post about the Netflix rotation workaround, but this issue applies OS wide and for all apps. A reboot fixes the issue for awhile but it comes back. Any suggestions? If I can send logs from the device or help in any other way, am happy to. Thanks!
As far as I know, the rotation problems are on Android 8.1.0 and the rotation issues on 15.1 are happening to me too.

Guilttea

Feb 23, 2020
First off, thanks for all your effort in doing all of this. I've benefited from your work for quite awhile now, and I'm sorry I'm only now saying thanks. If there is anything death stranding has taught me, it's the power of likes. 👍👍👍

In regards to the sd card, I don't think I've ever used it as internal memory. But I am having the rom now report to me that the sd card is corrupted now for some reason. It looks fine in twrp, it's where I've installed the rom from, twice. But once booted, nothing. I'm thinking it's maybe the format. I'll probably move everything off, format, and move it back.

Thanks also to the person on the tip about doing the fingerprint before attaching to the internet.

Thanks for all the effort, greatly appreciated in keeping this old hardware workable.

MSandMan

Apr 10, 2016
Mosul
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
First off, thanks for all your effort in doing all of this. I've benefited from your work for quite awhile now, and I'm sorry I'm only now saying thanks. If there is anything death stranding has taught me, it's the power of likes. 👍👍👍

In regards to the sd card, I don't think I've ever used it as internal memory. But I am having the rom now report to me that the sd card is corrupted now for some reason. It looks fine in twrp, it's where I've installed the rom from, twice. But once booted, nothing. I'm thinking it's maybe the format. I'll probably move everything off, format, and move it back.

Thanks also to the person on the tip about doing the fingerprint before attaching to the internet.

Thanks for all the effort, greatly appreciated in keeping this old hardware workable.
This happened to me too but in lineage14.1 say the sdcard is corrupted but work in twrp and PC
I tried fix file system in twrp but still not working I think the partition table maybe was corrupted because I wasn't using safe removing🤷🏻‍♂️.
Then just insert sdcard in my PC copy my files to it. And reputed in tablet format as internal storage copy back the data now it been like month and half and moved from 14.1 to 15.1 and still no problems without a single error.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up.

2021-10-03 [douglas] [giza]

• Updated vcodec libraries.
    • Fixed internal storage issues (disabled sdcardFS).
    • Removed amazon/mediatek kernel logging.
    • Resolved missing libraries/symbols.
    • Converted audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.xml.
    • Switched back to stock libcam.utils.sensorlistener.so.
    • Introduced Sensors MultiHAL.
    I just installed this for the first time ever on my douglas (bricked > downgrade > LOS > Profit). And I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner. The tablet is unrecognizably fast compared to the garbage FireOS! Thank you @Rortiz2 for all your hard work. This is really superb.
    yep, I'll update you if i still get the rotation problem
    used the latest build for 2 days, i haven't encountered the rotation bug, seems like the bug is fixed, goodjob Rortiz and thanks for making a low end 2017 tablet alive in 2021
    Little pro tip for the experts out there who still uses RSS (as I do). You can subscribe to https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_device_amazon_douglas/releases.atom (douglas) or https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_device_amazon_giza/releases.atom (giza) with you favorite RSS reader and you will never miss a new release by our wonderful and beloved @Rortiz2! You are awesome buddy! :)
    Thank you so much for developing these roms!! they are amazing!
    I am not sure what "shared storage" is but if you are talking about the ability to install apps on the sd card please do not remove it... I use google play books and kindle to download a ton of books that end up using more than 15 GB of space. the only way I can download that much content from an app is to install it in the SD card. Please don't remove it :)
    *sigh* I guess I'll need to keep it only for you. I'm joking, don't worry, I'm already working on it ;)
    320px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1.0) for the Amazon Fire HD8 2016/2017

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.​

IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM:
    • As usual, you need to be unlocked to install this ROM.
    • This ROM is in beta status so don't expect 100% stable ROM.
    • This ROM is only compatible with the Fire HD8 2017 (douglas) and the Fire HD8 2016 (giza). All questions related to other devices will be reported and ignored.
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Hardware Decoding (OMX - 1080p video playback).
    • Video Recording with stock camera (Snap).
    • Deep Sleep.
    INSTALLATION:
    • Boot to TWRP.
    • Wipe system, cache and userdata.
    • Install the ROM zip.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash G-Apps package.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash root (Magisk/SuperSU).
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    DOWNLOADS:
    Source Code:
    Special Thanks:
    New build is up.

2021-09-16 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed camera.
    • Fixed internal storage (OBB) issues.
    NOTE: Video recording isn't working at all, it crashes with the stock camera app but it works with some third-party apps (such as Telegram).
    NOTE: Let me know if obb issues are fully gone (I basically reverted the sdcardfs squash update). Try to clean flash the ROM as well before reporting if the bug it's still present.
    New build is up.

2021-10-03 [douglas] [giza]

• Updated vcodec libraries.
    • Fixed internal storage issues (disabled sdcardFS).
    • Removed amazon/mediatek kernel logging.
    • Resolved missing libraries/symbols.
    • Converted audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.xml.
    • Switched back to stock libcam.utils.sensorlistener.so.
    • Introduced Sensors MultiHAL.
    Camera fixed (through buggy as ****)
    1631729671646.png
    New build is up.

2021-09-07 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed volume keys (kvolcb takes care of them now).
    • Fixed external storage permissions (sdcardfs).
    • Enabled "show internal storage by default" in File Explorer.
    • Added option to reboot to hacked bootloader using ADB (reboot-amonet).
    • Disabled the update recovery function (Developer Settings).
    • Extended support for {OTG,ext SDs} formats.