• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [unlocked] [douglas,giza] [OTAs] Lineage-15.1 [12 SEP 2021]

Search This thread

GoodSoul

Oct 10, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
www.google.com

Dokuss

Mar 17, 2021
Hello. I ask for help. I have a giza. and the camera does not work. I reinstalled the ROM several times. but the camera still doesn't work (

Hello. I ask for help. I have a giza. and the camera does not work. I reinstalled the ROM several times. but the camera still doesn't work (
Camera is working in Douglas somewhat but I don't see why you would need the camera unless you need to scan a QR code. So I have no idea what to tell you but wait for the issue to resolve.

mh1983

Nov 5, 2012
Just installed the latest build. I was having a lot of trouble manually booting into recovery, for some reason. To my delight, I was able to download the new build through the Lineage updates section AND it rebooted automatically into recovery. It's those little things that are so very much appreciate. Thanks again for all your wonderful support for our old tablets, @Rortiz2 !

Last edited:

Dokuss

Mar 17, 2021
Ну, попробуйте adb logcat, пока пытаетесь открыть приложение камеры.
Вот журналы, которые вы просили. Хочу уточнить, приложение камеры есть в списке приложений, а не в меню приложений. Вроде отключен. В галерее есть кнопка камеры. Я пробовал через это прогнать. Надеюсь логи помогут разобраться, и вы сможете исправить)

Attachments

• Logcat_Giza.txt
    775.3 KB · Views: 3

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
Вот журналы, которые вы просили. Хочу уточнить, приложение камеры есть в списке приложений, а не в меню приложений. Вроде отключен. В галерее есть кнопка камеры. Я пробовал через это прогнать. Надеюсь логи помогут разобраться, и вы сможете исправить)
I don't speak russian, but thanks for the log anyway.
Is the camera icon showing up in the Home Screen (launcher)?

Dokuss

Mar 17, 2021
I don't speak russian, but thanks for the log anyway.
Is the camera icon showing up in the Home Screen (launcher)?
oops, sorry for my russian
To be clear, the camera app is in the app list, not in the Home Screen (launcher). It seems disabled. There is a camera button in the gallery. I tried to drive through it. I hope the logs will help you figure it out, and you can fix it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-110804_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110804_Trebuchet.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211017-110812_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110812_Trebuchet.png
    595.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211017-110840_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110840_Settings.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211017-110846_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110846_Settings.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 20

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
oops, sorry for my russian
To be clear, the camera app is in the app list, not in the Home Screen (launcher). It seems disabled. There is a camera button in the gallery. I tried to drive through it. I hope the logs will help you figure it out, and you can fix it)
Interesting, can you grab a logcat while you boot the tab? That should reveal us at what point it fails the initialization of the hw module (but I'm guessing missing libraries or symbols).

anujdatar

Apr 3, 2018
Just upgraded from LineageOS 14.. this rom runs great.. awesome.. the UI is so fluid.. can't comment on the battery life or other features yet.

One issue though. It isn't doesn't seem to like exFat formatted SD cards. I tried inserting multiple exFat SD cards, and it says SD card is corrupted. It recognizes the same card formatted as Fat32, and if you format the card on the tablet, it uses Fat32 as well.

I think I had noticed this behavior in the first few builds of LineageOS 14.1 too.. maybe exFat utils is missing?

Edit: Frequent WiFi disconnects also seems to be an issue. WiFi drops about every few minutes and then connects back up.

Last edited:

Tensa.53

Jun 17, 2018
Hi guys do you know if it is possible to install microg on it ? Right now i'm on Slimlp but i think android 5 is a bit too old for thirdy-part-app compatibility,some of them can't really work

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
Just upgraded from LineageOS 14.. this rom runs great.. awesome.. the UI is so fluid.. can't comment on the battery life or other features yet.

One issue though. It isn't doesn't seem to like exFat formatted SD cards. I tried inserting multiple exFat SD cards, and it says SD card is corrupted. It recognizes the same card formatted as Fat32, and if you format the card on the tablet, it uses Fat32 as well.

I think I had noticed this behavior in the first few builds of LineageOS 14.1 too.. maybe exFat utils is missing?

Edit: Frequent WiFi disconnects also seems to be an issue. WiFi drops about every few minutes and then connects back up.
  • Are you using douglas (2017 version) or giza (2016 version)?
  • So, exFat SD cards never worked in lineage-14.1 either?
  • I thought WiFi drops were solved long time ago (when I switched to prebuilt MTK WiFi HAL), are you using 5GHz networks?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up.

2021-10-31 [douglas] [giza]

• Resolved missing {drm,omx} symbols ({TimedEventQueue,EVP}).
    • Added MicroG support (Signature Spoofing).
    • Added exFAT support (included new kernel driver).
    • Fixed audio stream (amazon proprietary libraries).
    • Added GPU Extension Device ("GED") support.
    • Updated the security patch to October 2021.
    PS: Happy Halloween!
    New build is up.

2021-11-07 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed Video Recording.
    • Partially fixed Hardware Decoding/Encoding.
    NOTE: 1080p it's still laggy.
    Good news to everyone. I partially fixed HW decoding (and this includes Video Recording) ;)

EDIT: It fully works now
    @Rortiz2 I just have to say thank you! I recently updated my tablet to the newest rom that you built and i have to say I noticed a very big performance boost. I know sometimes we might seem like a bunch of ungrateful strangers, but be assured that all of us respect your work. Again, thanks for all your work we really appreciate it.
    Great work. Everything is working fine.Now, only need to fix is deep sleep. Then this ROM will be perfect. My battery drained from 74% to 62% overnight(7 hrs) with WIFI turned OFF. Keep the good work.
    320px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1.0) for the Amazon Fire HD8 2016/2017

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is... still valid?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.​

IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM:
    • As usual, you need to be unlocked to install this ROM.
    • This ROM is in beta status so don't expect 100% stable ROM.
    • This ROM is only compatible with the Fire HD8 2017 (douglas) and the Fire HD8 2016 (giza). All questions related to other devices will be reported and ignored.
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Deep Sleep.
    • USB Tethering.
    • Hidden SSIDs.
    • [giza] Camera.
    INSTALLATION:
    • Boot to TWRP.
    • Wipe system, cache and userdata.
    • Install the ROM zip.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash G-Apps package.
    • (OPTIONAL): Flash root (Magisk/SuperSU).
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    DOWNLOADS:
    Source Code:
    Special Thanks:
    New build is up.

2021-10-31 [douglas] [giza]

• Resolved missing {drm,omx} symbols ({TimedEventQueue,EVP}).
    • Added MicroG support (Signature Spoofing).
    • Added exFAT support (included new kernel driver).
    • Fixed audio stream (amazon proprietary libraries).
    • Added GPU Extension Device ("GED") support.
    • Updated the security patch to October 2021.
    PS: Happy Halloween!
    Good news to everyone. I partially fixed HW decoding (and this includes Video Recording) ;)

EDIT: It fully works now
    New build is up.

2021-09-16 [douglas] [giza]

• Fixed camera.
    • Fixed internal storage (OBB) issues.
    NOTE: Video recording isn't working at all, it crashes with the stock camera app but it works with some third-party apps (such as Telegram).
    NOTE: Let me know if obb issues are fully gone (I basically reverted the sdcardfs squash update). Try to clean flash the ROM as well before reporting if the bug it's still present.
    New build is up.

2021-10-03 [douglas] [giza]

• Updated vcodec libraries.
    • Fixed internal storage issues (disabled sdcardFS).
    • Removed amazon/mediatek kernel logging.
    • Resolved missing libraries/symbols.
    • Converted audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.xml.
    • Switched back to stock libcam.utils.sensorlistener.so.
    • Introduced Sensors MultiHAL.