[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for Amazon Fire HD8 7/6th gen (douglas/giza)

Search This thread

Dokuss

Mar 17, 2021
Hello. I ask for help. I have a giza. and the camera does not work. I reinstalled the ROM several times. but the camera still doesn't work (

Hello. I ask for help. I have a giza. and the camera does not work. I reinstalled the ROM several times. but the camera still doesn't work (
Camera is working in Douglas somewhat but I don't see why you would need the camera unless you need to scan a QR code. So I have no idea what to tell you but wait for the issue to resolve.

mh1983

Nov 5, 2012
Just installed the latest build. I was having a lot of trouble manually booting into recovery, for some reason. To my delight, I was able to download the new build through the Lineage updates section AND it rebooted automatically into recovery. It's those little things that are so very much appreciate. Thanks again for all your wonderful support for our old tablets, @Rortiz2 !

Last edited:

Dokuss

Mar 17, 2021
Ну, попробуйте adb logcat, пока пытаетесь открыть приложение камеры.
Вот журналы, которые вы просили. Хочу уточнить, приложение камеры есть в списке приложений, а не в меню приложений. Вроде отключен. В галерее есть кнопка камеры. Я пробовал через это прогнать. Надеюсь логи помогут разобраться, и вы сможете исправить)

Attachments

• Logcat_Giza.txt
    775.3 KB · Views: 4

Rortiz2

Вот журналы, которые вы просили. Хочу уточнить, приложение камеры есть в списке приложений, а не в меню приложений. Вроде отключен. В галерее есть кнопка камеры. Я пробовал через это прогнать. Надеюсь логи помогут разобраться, и вы сможете исправить)
I don't speak russian, but thanks for the log anyway.
Is the camera icon showing up in the Home Screen (launcher)?

Dokuss

Mar 17, 2021
I don't speak russian, but thanks for the log anyway.
Is the camera icon showing up in the Home Screen (launcher)?
oops, sorry for my russian
To be clear, the camera app is in the app list, not in the Home Screen (launcher). It seems disabled. There is a camera button in the gallery. I tried to drive through it. I hope the logs will help you figure it out, and you can fix it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-110804_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110804_Trebuchet.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20211017-110812_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110812_Trebuchet.png
    595.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20211017-110840_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110840_Settings.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20211017-110846_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211017-110846_Settings.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 25

Rortiz2

oops, sorry for my russian
To be clear, the camera app is in the app list, not in the Home Screen (launcher). It seems disabled. There is a camera button in the gallery. I tried to drive through it. I hope the logs will help you figure it out, and you can fix it)
Interesting, can you grab a logcat while you boot the tab? That should reveal us at what point it fails the initialization of the hw module (but I'm guessing missing libraries or symbols).

Just upgraded from LineageOS 14.. this rom runs great.. awesome.. the UI is so fluid.. can't comment on the battery life or other features yet.

One issue though. It isn't doesn't seem to like exFat formatted SD cards. I tried inserting multiple exFat SD cards, and it says SD card is corrupted. It recognizes the same card formatted as Fat32, and if you format the card on the tablet, it uses Fat32 as well.

I think I had noticed this behavior in the first few builds of LineageOS 14.1 too.. maybe exFat utils is missing?

Edit: Frequent WiFi disconnects also seems to be an issue. WiFi drops about every few minutes and then connects back up.

Last edited:

Tensa.53

Jun 17, 2018
Hi guys do you know if it is possible to install microg on it ? Right now i'm on Slimlp but i think android 5 is a bit too old for thirdy-part-app compatibility,some of them can't really work

Rortiz2

Just upgraded from LineageOS 14.. this rom runs great.. awesome.. the UI is so fluid.. can't comment on the battery life or other features yet.

One issue though. It isn't doesn't seem to like exFat formatted SD cards. I tried inserting multiple exFat SD cards, and it says SD card is corrupted. It recognizes the same card formatted as Fat32, and if you format the card on the tablet, it uses Fat32 as well.

I think I had noticed this behavior in the first few builds of LineageOS 14.1 too.. maybe exFat utils is missing?

Edit: Frequent WiFi disconnects also seems to be an issue. WiFi drops about every few minutes and then connects back up.
  • Are you using douglas (2017 version) or giza (2016 version)?
  • So, exFat SD cards never worked in lineage-14.1 either?
  • I thought WiFi drops were solved long time ago (when I switched to prebuilt MTK WiFi HAL), are you using 5GHz networks?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1607247455067-png.5435845

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
    Instructions:
    • Reboot to recovery mode
    • Wipe data, system (/system_root) and cache
    • Flash the ROM and the Gapps
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Known issues:
    • Deep sleep (Doze)
    • Hardware decoding (OMX)
    • Camera (both photos/videos) isn't working on giza
    • Can't connect to hidden SSIDs
    Notes:
    • SELinux is in Permissive mode
    • The ROM only supports both douglas (Fire HD8 2017) and giza (Fire HD8 2016)
    How do i...
    • Unlock and install TWRP?
      • Follow the instructions of the unlock thread (douglas | giza)
    • Go back to the original/stock ROM?
      • Download the stock update.bin (douglas | giza) and flash it using TWRP
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Contributors
    R0rt1z2, FreakyyLike (for the douglas donation)
    Source Code: https://github.com/mt8163-dev
    Kernel source: https://github.com/mt8163-dev/android_kernel_amazon_mt8163
    Quick update; I'll probably release the latest version of 15.1 soon with some fixes and I'll continue working on 18.1 as I already started making the trees.​
    New build is up.

2021-10-31 [douglas] [giza]

• Resolved missing {drm,omx} symbols ({TimedEventQueue,EVP}).
    • Added MicroG support (Signature Spoofing).
    • Added exFAT support (included new kernel driver).
    • Fixed audio stream (amazon proprietary libraries).
    • Added GPU Extension Device ("GED") support.
    • Updated the security patch to October 2021.
    PS: Happy Halloween!
    Good news! 17.1 is almost as stable as 15.1! (even camera works).

I'll fix a few bugs and upload the first (public) beta shortly (as well the sources).
    Good news to everyone. I partially fixed HW decoding (and this includes Video Recording) ;)

EDIT: It fully works now