I don't know if it's just me getring stability issues even with the android low ram patch but maybe work on fixing the stability in the next update if possible?
LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) for the Amazon Fire HD8 2017
/* * Your warranty is... still valid? * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included * in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM:
- As usual, you need to be unlocked to install this ROM. If you're not unlocked, check out this thread.
- This ROM is in beta status so don't expect 100% stable ROM.
- This ROM is only compatible with the Fire HD8 2017 (douglas). All questions related to other devices will be reported and ignored.
- Hardware Decoding is not working (OMX - 1080p video playback).
- Volume keys behave weirdly.
- Photos/Video recordings aren't working.
- Encryption (Disabled).
- Boot to TWRP.
- Wipe system, cache and userdata.
- Install the ROM zip.
- (OPTIONAL): Flash G-Apps package.
- (OPTIONAL): Flash root (Magisk/SuperSU).
- Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot and enjoy!
- ROM: lineage-14.1-20210130-UNOFFICIAL-douglas.zip | md5sum: d0a643eb22018c2a73c9ebf0a0ed330f
- Open GApps: https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm64&api=7.1&variant=pico
- Device Tree: https://github.com/douglas-development/android_device_amazon_douglas
- Kernel Tree: https://github.com/douglas-development/android_kernel_amazon_douglas
- Vendor Tree: https://github.com/douglas-development/android_vendor_amazon_douglas
- @Lorisson for testing the ROM.
LineageOS 14.1 for the Amazon Fire HD8 2017, ROM for the Amazon Fire HD 8 2017
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader + TWRP
Based On: LineageOS
Current Beta Version: 5
Beta Release Date: 2020-11-26
Last Updated 2021-01-30