[ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Lineage-14.1 [05 FEB 2022]

Search This thread

Rortiz2

Thanks for the heads up, I must have forgotten to refresh the vendor files. Will do another build for austin.
I also noticed the OMX stack isn't loading at all because of missing symbols:
Code:
02-05 06:30:13.764   250   356 E SoftOMXPlugin: unable to dlopen libstagefright_soft_mpeg4enc.so: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android28SoftVideoEncoderOMXComponent19validateInputBufferEPK20OMX_BUFFERHEADERTYPE" referenced by "/system/lib/libstagefright_soft_mpeg4enc.so"...
If you want to use SW OMX this is fine then, as it'll automatically fallback to it.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
I also noticed the OMX stack isn't loading at all because of missing symbols:
Code:
02-05 06:30:13.764   250   356 E SoftOMXPlugin: unable to dlopen libstagefright_soft_mpeg4enc.so: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android28SoftVideoEncoderOMXComponent19validateInputBufferEPK20OMX_BUFFERHEADERTYPE" referenced by "/system/lib/libstagefright_soft_mpeg4enc.so"...
If you want to use SW OMX this is fine then, as it'll automatically fallback to it.

I'll sort that out on a following release.

Reactions: blue-screen
Apr 10, 2021
Which tablet is this on?
Austin, by the way on the note about the tablet not mounting on the PC, it shows up as an Android Composite ADB Interface. It happened when I enabled debugging mode on the developer's settings and persisted even after disabling it. Even when set only to charging mode. The only way for it to follow the USB Configuration setting is to restart the device. Seems like a bug?

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Austin, by the way on the note about the tablet not mounting on the PC, it shows up as an Android Composite ADB Interface. It happened when I enabled debugging mode on the developer's settings and persisted even after disabling it. Even when set only to charging mode. The only way for it to follow the USB Configuration setting is to restart the device. Seems like a bug?

When I find which box my austin device is hidden then I'll take a look at that one.

fatbill27

Jan 2, 2012
hi, i flash my austin to the latest version 5 Feb 2022 build, but i cannot use my camera ><, can anyone help me? thanks

kartoflu

Dec 18, 2021
Recently I noticed that Youtube on my tablet was acting weird and decided to flash Ziona's hardware accelerated video enabler patch, but when I checked my codec info, all of the 6 codec still had hardware acceleration false and Youtube was still acting up. What should I do to fix this?

Edit: I have the issue on a Ford model, which I forgot to mention, whoops

Last edited:

blue-screen

Nov 19, 2013
Thank you for your work, @ggow ! My barely usable austin tablet has new life!

I do notice that it does not have IPv6 support. It has local addresses but does not pick up the global address with SLAAC.

(I forgot that my new router is using DHCPv6 which Android does not support. Fixing that now, ignore that comment)

Also, I cannot read from an OTG USB stick. Expected? I just loaded the 20220205 release, loaded over the pervious one with TWRP.

Camera does not work, do I need to reformat to get that or is there an easier way?

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
hi, i flash my austin to the latest version 5 Feb 2022 build, but i cannot use my camera ><, can anyone help me? thanks

Recently I noticed that Youtube on my tablet was acting weird and decided to flash Ziona's hardware accelerated video enabler patch, but when I checked my codec info, all of the 6 codec still had hardware acceleration false and Youtube was still acting up. What should I do to fix this?

Thank you for your work, @ggow ! My barely usable austin tablet has new life!

I do notice that it does not have IPv6 support. It has local addresses but does not pick up the global address with SLAAC.

Also, I cannot read from an OTG USB stick. Expected? I just loaded the 20220205 release, loaded over the pervious one with TWRP.

Camera does not work, do I need to reformat to get that or is there an easier way?

I'll need to debug these issues when I have found my austin tablet, for now go back to the previous build.

blue-screen

Nov 19, 2013
@ggow : follow up: The IPv6 issue was my problem - Android needs a SLAAC server and won't honor DHCPv6. My fault.

The camera and OTG didn't work before, so I'm happy to keep the new build, it is still an improvment. I appreciate the fix for the WIFI bogus entry.

Reactions: ggow
Disclaimer
Code:
/*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
* in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
*/
LineageOS needs no introductions. This version of LineageOS-14.1 is a highly customised version solely for the ford and austin models of the Amazon Fire 7"

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required).

Rules
- Please search the thread before asking questions
- Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
- Please report bugs here
- Report only one issue per bug report
- When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...

Prerequisites for Installation
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed

Downloads
*** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
Lineage-14.1 for Amazon Fire 7"

Source Code

- Kernel Source: https://github.com/cm-14-1-mt8127/android_kernel_amazon_mt8127-common
- Common Tree: https://github.com/cm-14-1-mt8127/android_device_amazon_mt8127-common
- Device Tree: https://github.com/cm-14-1-mt8127/android_device_amazon_ford
- Device Tree: https://github.com/cm-14-1-mt8127/android_device_amazon_austin

Thanks
- @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
- LineageOS

NOTE
Here is the link to all available fixes for Austin & Ford. Will be updated when anything new is introduced. Questions about mod add-ons you can ask me @Ziona
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=80167249&postcount=26

XDA:DevDB Information
mt8127_LineageOS-14.1, ROM for the Amazon Fire

Contributors
ggow, Ziona
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: LineageOS
I didn't check up on the updated build yet but on the 2021 ROM screen recorders (neither preinstalles nor 3rd party) work, same for screen sharing apps like apowermirror or miracast, also i have to tell that the rotating doesnt work sometimes and that apps like Kinemaster (video cutting apps) don't work too, i'll change this message if the update fixed it, if not you'll know what doesnt work for me, thanks for this beautiful ROM tho, using it for over a half year now

mgrharry

Feb 21, 2018
Just flashed my Fire 7 Austin model with the latest lineage-14.1-20220205-UNOFFICIAL-austin.zip version and installed gapps nano. Performance is much better, thank you! However, there does seem to be an issue with bluetooth, or at least certain devices. I used this tablet to accept square credit card payments with the square contactless and chip reader which paired by bluetooth. on fireOS, this worked fine, although it was slow as hell. But on Lineage 14.1 I am unable to pair the reader using either standard Square Register app or the new Square beta app. I've tested the reader with other devices and it pairs fine. Will try Lineage 12 and see if it works there. Anyone else aware of a fix for this issue?

mgrharry

Feb 21, 2018
Tested with Lineage-12.1-20200505-UNOFFICIAL-austin.zip and Square Point of Sale app and I was able to pair the contactless card reader via bluetooth without issues.

kRA!Z3E

Jul 16, 2009
Hi guys,

I have a Ford device with CM image installed... (android 5.1) and would like to upgrade to a newer android. But as time goes by I completely forgot the steps I used 2016 to install the CM image.
Another thing is super su is broken and I don't know if the bootloader is capablbe of installing a new rom.
when I restart the device to bootloader I only get a black screen with info that I entered bootloader.

What would be the steps from here? do I need a windows system aditionally and is a sd card required for flashing or is this done over USB..?

Would be very nice if someone can list the steps to do for flashing a new rom, thanks!

cheers, kRA!Z3E

• Sad
Reactions: steve8x8

Marko967

Nov 12, 2021
@ggow camera not working on custom rom lineage os 14.1 but working perfectly on official fire os... the error
camera error can't connect to the camera
any solution please

Starfiresg1

Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a Ford device with CM image installed... (android 5.1) and would like to upgrade to a newer android. But as time goes by I completely forgot the steps I used 2016 to install the CM image.
What would be the steps from here? do I need a windows system aditionally and is a sd card required for flashing or is this done over USB..?

Would be very nice if someone can list the steps to do for flashing a new rom, thanks!

In order to use newer ROMs like this one your device needs the bootloader hack to allow it to boot non official kernels - like mentioned on the top of the first post in this thread.
The linked thread describes the process fairly good - Link

In case of the Ford device (5th gen) the process is possible without opening up the device.
Although if you device is using a newer bootloader than 5.0.1. you will need to downgrade - which will temporarily brick your device - it will no longer boot into the kernel until the process is finished.

It is probably not for the faint of heart.

The fix uses linux scripts - so it should be run on a Linux PC or a PC booted with a Linux-Live-CD.

Reactions: kRA!Z3E

kRA!Z3E

Jul 16, 2009

In order to use newer ROMs like this one your device needs the bootloader hack to allow it to boot non official kernels - like mentioned on the top of the first post in this thread.
The linked thread describes the process fairly good - Link

In case of the Ford device (5th gen) the process is possible without opening up the device.
Although if you device is using a newer bootloader than 5.0.1. you will need to downgrade - which will temporarily brick your device - it will no longer boot into the kernel until the process is finished.

It is probably not for the faint of heart.

The fix uses linux scripts - so it should be run on a Linux PC or a PC booted with a Linux-Live-CD.
thanks a ton! I'll have alook at the link...

Top Liked Posts