[ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Lineage-14.1 [21 JUN 2023]

Search This thread

_ck_

My nexus battery expanded and blew apart that tablet so I dusted off this old Amazon Fire 2015

Sure enough it was a 5.1 so I was able to get this amazing lineage 14.1 onto it and the hack for the kernel/bootloader with twrp was a really neat trick

BUT

Was there a known problem with bluetooth on this old tablet? Or maybe this kernel/rom?

The bluetooth seems to disconnect constantly and the status always says disconnected in the settings even though I am actively listening on headset?

Is there a bluetooth tuner or some other hacks/patches I can apply or maybe it's a bad antenna inside this particular unit or just age?

Guttergorm

Jun 9, 2016
Moto G
Google Pixel 2 XL
My ford does not auto-rotate anymore. SatStat or other apps do not show rotation sensor data. Hardware failure or any other idea?

p.s. Ideas on how to toggle rotation without sensor and auto-rotate?

_ck_

apparently bluetooth in nougat 7.1 and lineage 14.1 was borked for some devices

other devices instruct to downgrade (or upgrade) hand-free-protocol property as a workaround

ie.

Setprop ro.bluetooth.hfp.ver 1.5

except I do not see any ro.bluetooth.hfp.ver in build.prop or any script that loads

and I don't understand why there aren't more people reporting this bluetooth disconnect/timeout problem in other threads for the 2015 Fire

but the problem persists

adding: now trying

ro.bluetooth.request.master=true

what's interesting is bluetooth in settings always shows "disconnected" even though the headphones work fine

I've noticed if there is contention between any two bluetooth devices active at the same time the headphones will stutter

Last edited:

N0tHum4n

Aug 26, 2017
@ggow
I saw your thread on Lineage 16 for Suez. Is it possible to do a porting for Ford as well? Even a porting of Android 8 would be fine.

_ck_

Putting out another request for any possible build.prop tweaks or utilities that might fix the bluetooth with certain devices

I see casual mentions by two other people in this thread about the same bluetooth problem

Works okay with headphones but one of my watches does not like this 14.1 at all, vaguely connects but won't transfer, disconnects, etc. even while other bluetooth works fine with it.

Must be a backwards compatibility breakage?

_ck_

Okay interesting discovery that might help debug the bluetooth issue with some devices.

I discovered if I turn bluetooth off, then let whatever app is trying to use bluetooth fail and notify bluetooth is off, if I then turn bluetooth on and IMMEDIATELY do a retry in the app, it will work for about 10-30 seconds before stopping again.

So either something in the bluetooth stack is crashing or deauthorizing or something like that?

For example in the Garmin watch sync, the spinner will restart several times within a matter of a few seconds, like it is stuttering, like the bluetooth is repeatedly crashing or disconnecting/reconnecting, eventually it just gives up, maybe too many failures.

The oddest thing is though, bluetooth headset WORKS. It will stream with only a vague stutter once every several minutes.

So some bluetooth devices, no problem. Others bad fail. Is it a BLE (low power) thing? Do some devices use different parts of the bluetooth stack or different communication that is legacy vs newer so they work vs fail?

There seems to be a trend with other devices using 14.1/Nougat having some bluetooth issues.

_ck_

I think I am onto something in that it is not the bluetooth itself that is failing on this build/device but rather the fact the device does not have hardware GPS chip which is making some apps very quirky when trying to use bluetooth transfers that require the location feature enabled.

That's why bluetooth earbuds are working and other simple bluetooth devices but not more advanced one trying to do sophisticated bluetooth transfers.

I thought maybe mock location with smali might help but it seems to make the device more unstable. And the xposed for this device is so outdated I cannot get it to install at all, even the links on xda are broken from age.

Kaot93

Jan 22, 2014
I have found a work around for the battery drain problem on my Austin.

Since it's clearly WiFi related (kernel wakelock in better battery stats) I switched WiFi setting to disconnect in sleep and had only 1%drop over 10h.

Hope this helps some.

regepower

Aug 12, 2013
Amazfit
One question: Zattoo TV app will run with stuttering pictures when Wifi quality is set to high. With Amazon OS it runs smoothly. May anyone has a solution?

Reactions: Reynald0

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Has anyone got a link to the latest stock firmware for the austin device?

The amazon site download link points incorrectly to the Fire HD10 firmware file.

Top Liked Posts