[ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Lineage-14.1 [21 JUN 2023]

Search This thread

Xhatry

Feb 10, 2016
I can't make Google Play Books work, any ideas on what could be causing the trouble? I might downgrade to an older version of the app to use it.

Xhatry

Feb 10, 2016
I can't make Google Play Books work, any ideas on what could be causing the trouble? I might downgrade to an older version of the app to use it.
I managed to use the lastest version by uninstalling the app, installing an older version from apkmirror and then upgrading to a newer .apk from apkmirror.

hippooo

Oct 21, 2020
I love to use Lineage 14.1 on antique/ancient hardware like fire 7 (here ford). Thanks a lot!
It works absolute flawlessly but as always there's some drawbacks.

1.) After a while since system boot-up, autorotate stops working. I noticed this a even a year or two before.
No autorotate until an other reboot.
2.) In comparison to Lineage 12.1 the battery- drainage is ridiculous/fatal.
I own two ford-devices and while battery-standby of 14.1's device is hardly 2 days, the 12.1's device has "standby-times" of 14 days easily! Even this behaviour I noticed in ROMs 1-2 years ago.

I wished so much this drawbacks could be solved - this ROM would be nearly perfect!

MikeNeedsHelp

Nov 11, 2015
I have 2 tablets with this same rom and have the exact same issue, both of them lose connection to Wifi when not plugged into anything, if I have it charging or connected to my machine then it is all good. any ideas?

klamation

Apr 28, 2011
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 920
I have 2 tablets with this same rom and have the exact same issue, both of them lose connection to Wifi when not plugged into anything, if I have it charging or connected to my machine then it is all good. any ideas?

Is this when they are actively being used, or when the screen is off in some standby mode? I have other android devices that lose wifi when in a battery saver mode, and the screen is off, but typically I haven't seen this on any Fire I've used.

What model and OS build are you using? Any other details?

MikeNeedsHelp

Nov 11, 2015
when used, yes. ford model, the 14.1 build from this discussion, from Feb.

this has been an issue before, but it always seemed to fix when there would be a new release, not sure why it is happening.

kartoflu

Dec 18, 2021
POCO M3
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Ok, so my tablet was being sluggish and I luckily found this guide on how to create a swap space using an external sd card to help make it snappier. Unfortunately, I am still confused about the whole process and also wonder if I can split the card to use as both internal storage and swap, so it'd would be cool if someone can help me with it, thanks! 😁

Edit 1: It seems that I can also use internal storage to create swap space as well. Still, I have another question: Where should I create the swap space for the best performance, sd or internal?

Edit 2: Fixed wording, added note
Been awhile since I figured it out, turns out windows user can just use another partition tools like minitool to format and create the partitions. The rest should be pretty easy to follow, so no big deal at all!
I also found another way to add more ram by creating zram using this guide. If you wanna do it directly on your tab, simply extract the 97zram file, move it to /system/etc/init.d and type this in your terminal
Code:
su
chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/97zram
chown root:shell /system/etc/init.d/97zram
then go back to /system/build.prop and add this line
Code:
persist.service.zram=125
Now, reboot and it should be good to go!
Note that if you want custom swappiness value that sticks after boot, you'll need to create a 91swappiness file in /system/etc/init.d/ with the contents
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#SetSwappiness
sysctl -w vm.swappines=<value>
exit 0
Also remember to give it rwxrxrx permissions with
Code:
chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/91swappiness
To check your newly set value, you can use "cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness"
Hope this bit of experience help and for now, peace!

Last edited:

mpho01

Apr 16, 2019
I updated to the lineage-14.1-20220205 build for Austin and the camera still doesn't work. I got the camera to work on the lineage-14.1-20210117 build with grayster's patch but not on the latest build. Am I missing some step? I clear the system and cache space before performing the update.

Thanks

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I updated to the lineage-14.1-20220205 build for Austin and the camera still doesn't work. I got the camera to work on the lineage-14.1-20210117 build with grayster's patch but not on the latest build. Am I missing some step? I clear the system and cache space before performing the update.

Thanks
Each time I have had issues with the camera (especially when major update) I needed to format /data and it worked again

77zip

Jun 23, 2022
i am planning on making a custom kernel for the amazon-ford, however where ever i look, all links i can find no longer seem to exist. does anyone either know where to find the kernel source, or have a copy? any help would be appreciated.

i am planning on making a custom kernel for the amazon-ford, however where ever i look, all links i can find no longer seem to exist. does anyone either know where to find the kernel source, or have a copy? any help would be appreciated.
I also can't access those links, but there exist different ones that I'm using for postmarketOS and other GNU/Linux distros: https://github.com/hexdump0815/linux-amazon-mediatek-mt8127-kernel-source/tree/austin-main

This kernel is still on the original 3.10.54 version, and not the 3.10.108+ one used for this ROM.

I still managed to find the original repositories by GitHub search:

Last edited:

77zip

Jun 23, 2022
I also can't access those links, but there exist different ones that I'm using for postmarketOS and other GNU/Linux distros: https://github.com/hexdump0815/linux-amazon-mediatek-mt8127-kernel-source/tree/austin-main

This kernel is still on the original 3.10.54 version, and not the 3.10.108+ one used for this ROM.

I still managed to find the original repositories by GitHub search:
tysm, sorry for the late response, this was a great help.

Reactions: Reynald0

thepeck

Jul 31, 2022
Can anyone advise on the settings for forcedoze that should be used? My tablet has root enabled, forcedoze is not doing what's expected, tablet not dozing on the default settings with forcedoze enabled.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts