Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e

thechosenone43

Feb 3, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Recovery only

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Updating automatically leads to "all drivers already installed"

Updating manually leads to"error 10"

Switching trough all the 3 way possible ways nothing change to see either in device manager not in explorer

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Edit: I will test now if my Backup los 12.1 get dedected on my PC..

Edit edit: Reverted to Los 12.1 did absolutely nothing just connected to my PC and voila... Seen in device manager and in Explorer! Wth. It must be some bug in Los 14.1 mate...

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_205543.jpg
    IMG_20191031_205543.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20191031_205547.jpg
    IMG_20191031_205547.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 180

thechosenone43

Feb 3, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Recovery only

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Switching trough all the 3 way possible ways nothing change to see either in device manager not in explorer

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_205934.jpg
    IMG_20191031_205934.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 144

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Anyone been able to get USB OTG working / recognised on this ROM (with all the patches/fixes installed), can't see any mention one way or another so wondering if it's just me or a rom issue (though happening on two Ford tablets so prob not me).

OTG device is recognised in TWRP but not in Lineage itself.
Any ideas?
You can try New boot img on p# 34 & report back

Last edited:
Reactions: gav2fc

Pipsname

Dec 12, 2015
If I have 2 Austin's. Both have this ROM installed. One has the camera working and the other does not. Is there data I can provide for someone to find the cause?
The device that has the camera working I didn't do a full wipe before installing this ROM where I did with the device that has the camera not working.
Is there a file that could just be missing?

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
If I have 2 Austin's. Both have this ROM installed. One has the camera working and the other does not. Is there data I can provide for someone to find the cause?
The device that has the camera working I didn't do a full wipe before installing this ROM where I did with the device that has the camera not working.
Is there a file that could just be missing?

Possible , we will have to do a comparison!
But good place for you to start is compare files in both framework folder located in root> system> framework - also in both libs folders located in system > libs & compare all camera related ( lib.so ) there , see what same libs you may find with different memory sizes or even missing completely !

Last edited:

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Yeah, they appear to be incremental so flashing latest gives all fixes

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Flashed that boot.img on two Ford tablets but no luck with the OTG......StickMount working fine tho

Well do to mines working from long ago its harder for me to reproduce exactly what is the problem for you guys .
I would admit their was trouble getting it to work on the pc for nougat do to it being a newer version & custom ROM for this device .
I would have to undo everything just to test this out , reason why I need yal to test it . I have three different images need testing !

TEST 2
New boot image with usb & other different changes ! Ford users only for now !
Give Feedback ..

Attachments

• boot.img
    5.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Reactions: gav2fc and J-Lindo
:confused: Seem this problem may only be with some PC's recognizing los 14.1 on the fire . an in your pics windows does see the fire but has problems with configuration of the drivers installed for it incorrectly .

I think we're maybe confusing issues here.
My original post was about usb storage being recognised in the Fire (via OTG) .....nothing to do with connecting the fire to a PC (that was someone else). So my testing of the boot.img you asked me to test and feedback on same was all in that context.
Does that make sense :confused:

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I think we're maybe confusing issues here.
My original post was about usb storage being recognised in the Fire (via OTG) .....nothing to do with connecting the fire to a PC (that was someone else). So my testing of the boot.img you asked me to test and feedback on same was all in that context.
Does that make sense :confused:

You are right on this , that post was towards someone else problem earlier .
Question was otg ever working for you on los 12 . without stickmount ?

You are right on this , that post was towards someone else problem earlier .
Question was otg ever working for you on los 12 . without stickmount ?

Yeah OTG worked fine natively on LOS 12 all along, but not on 14.1 without StickMount.
I'm happy with how it's working at the moment so wouldn't worry about it as no one else seems to have the issue.

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
Can we clear up the order that fixes need to be flashed in? I seem to have problems booting if I install the OS and flash all the fixes all at the same time. Is it necessary to startup once before installing fixes?

Reactions: J-Lindo

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Can we clear up the order that fixes need to be flashed in? I seem to have problems booting if I install the OS and flash all the fixes all at the same time. Is it necessary to startup once before installing fixes?

Always boot up first after installation of a clean ROM , even if dirty flashing you should boot device first to confirm a successful install

Install mods & patches after first start up . Boot.img , magisk ( if installing for root access ) then nvram , OMX fix , then reboot ! Once booted you can return to recovery and flash other things you wish to install .

Its better to install no more than four to five items a time before rebooting to help pin point if an when problems may occur .

Rushing installs to fast will more than likely crash your device , remember nothing is Perfect ! :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Infamousic

Talladale

Feb 2, 2015
Darlington

Sounds like you're having the same problem I did; Fire appearing on Device Manager but not in File Explorer (see my post on Page 14/15).

I fixed it eventually by removing the Fire from the Device Manager (for some reason it had appeared as "Le Mobile Android Device"), selecting 'Scan for Hardware Changes' from the 'Action' tab then following the instructions in this article to update/re-install the MTP drivers. Might be worth a try.

Top Liked Posts