[ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Lineage-14.1 [17 JAN 2021]

Search This thread

shelleyfrank

Dec 11, 2010
External Sdcard support:

This is quite good.. For those who want to access external sdcard content in older apps that don't have the media provider permission support, the Magisk module "ExSDCard Access Enabler" makes the external sdcard available on the path /mnt/media_rw/<sdcard>

This is, besides Ziona's excellent sdcard fix of course.

Sent from my Amazon Fire using XDA Labs

Reactions: Asherrosl

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
@shelleyfrank

Sdcard to Root Path Patch

This should place a direct external sdcard link back in root folder for apps to use. (The original location)

I made this along time ago for the fire tablets dont remember if i ever posted it here. You can try it should work.

flash both
Can be used without magisk.

Attachments

• los_14-extSd-access-enabler.zip
    127.2 KB · Views: 138
  • los-14.1extSD_access-fix.zip
    130.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

shelleyfrank

Dec 11, 2010
@shelleyfrank

This should place a direct external sdcard link back in root folder for apps to use. (The original location)

I made this along time ago for the fire tablets dont remember if i ever posted it here. You can try it should work.

flash both
Can be used without magisk.[/QUOTE thanks for that, but I'm afraid it is not working over here :confused:

I want a data path with read/write to any folder on sdcard, without having to ask for permission dialogue. Specifically for a few older apps with data folders too large to keep in internal, and these apps, sadly not providing rw to any folder except /Android/data/..

The Magisk module fix works fine for these, although, I would really like to use a regular path.. Thanks anyway.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
@shelleyfrank

flash both
Can be used without magisk.[/QUOTE thanks for that, but I'm afraid it is not working over here :confused:

I want a data path with read/write to any folder on sdcard, without having to ask for permission dialogue. Specifically for a few older apps with data folders too large to keep in internal, and these apps, sadly not providing rw to any folder except /Android/data/..

The Magisk module fix works fine for these, although, I would really like to use a regular path.. Thanks anyway.

Its the same thing with the same permission without magisk linked to the root folder as external sd from mnt/media_rw/*Serial # of your sdcard here*

First - did it create the external sd link path in root.
Second - did you remove the old module from magisk.
Third - did you direct the apps to the new external sd path .

Last edited:

gav2fc

Nov 26, 2008
Dublin
Using Disney+

Hello

Anyone tried and managed to get Disney+ working on the Ford variant of this tablet.
Have sideloaded the latest version of the APK (14.1 as of today) and while the app runs, let's you login and browse no problem when you try to play something it's a blank screen with a spinning icon........

Have two of these tablets and both show same results :(
Both tablets are rooted so have tried with and without Magisk Hide applied to Disney+ and also with and without liboemcrypto disabler but no joy :confused:

anyone else using or trying to use this???

7spoons

Mar 26, 2020
Hi guys,
I see links to source repos in OP ... if I wanted to build a custom image for ford, how would I go about it? Is there a how-to for the build process?

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
Hi Guys, is there any chance that the OP could be updated maybe to have a list of all the mods to this rom to fix some of the issues.... as in all the hard work that Ziona is doing in this thread, in one place?

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Google Pixel 4a
Hi Guys, is there any chance that the OP could be updated maybe to have a list of all the mods to this rom to fix some of the issues.... as in all the hard work that Ziona is doing in this thread, in one place?
Unlikely. @ggow (on leave of absence) is the author and thread 'owner'. Nothing will happen unless he releases thread to another member. Might be better to start a new thread.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
Any progress on getting the camcorder working? Only thing the kids have been complaining about.

Nothing as of now.
Truth be told picture & video recorder is of poor image quality on these models.
For yourself los 14 maybe quite bearable to even ok. But for the kids most likely los 12 is the best choice their rite now for them , All functions are working.

Michajin

Oct 23, 2012
Does anyone know if I can install a magisk module without risk of bootloop?

Install them within Twrp not in magisk

I haven't had issues with modules being installed in magisk (i use vanced, safetynet hide, ViPer4Android FX legacy and props config). But never upgrade Magisk boot from ROM. Manager you can update. In my expieriences, although you always risk a bootloop if install modules that are not compatible. It would really depend on what modules you are looking at. Before doing anything make sure you have a good backup in TWRP to restore if you bootloop.

Ziona

May 4, 2019
Caribbean
I haven't had issues with modules being installed in magisk (i use vanced, safetynet hide, ViPer4Android FX legacy and props config). But never upgrade Magisk boot from ROM. Manager you can update. In my expieriences, although you always risk a bootloop if install modules that are not compatible. It would really depend on what modules you are looking at. Before doing anything make sure you have a good backup in TWRP to restore if you bootloop.

Good points made, his questions is to avoid boot loop so install all magisk updates and modules within twrp help regarding this the most.

Note; @Asherrosl
Also there are two mean boot loops rogue installs might create the first an simplest being the requirement of a dirty flash or clean install can fix it an second the most difficult or worse being a broken device or soft brick from corruption to the OS an Twrp when both occur the same time. Once you reboot No OS & recovery equal no recovering for most people without the use of a fastboot (factory) cable to install twrp again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone