[ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Lineage-14.1 [17 JAN 2021]

Search This thread

Teknonono

Feb 4, 2021
Logcats for camera issue, and issue whem going into settings-buttons. ford. Many thanks!

Attachments

• fordcamera.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 12
  • buttons.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 10

aperture

Feb 23, 2007
guys, i'm still on 5.0.1. I have been running on it rooted with SuperSU since I got it 5 years ago I think.
And no I'm back and wanted to flash this rom. it says in the description here that I need to have an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Installed.
Prerequisites for Installation
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed

AFAIK, FireOS 5.0.1 is running on bootloader right? Please correct me.
If it says TWRP Installed. I need to flash TWRP via fastboot?
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img

Do I need to flash the latest TWRP recovery? twrp_fire7_302-0.img?

I tried flashing this rom via TWRP recvery by booting it using fastboot. But after installing the rom it just bootloops in to the Amazon logo.
fastboot.exe boot twrp-recovery.img

Am I missing something here? I've been away from this thread for almost 5 years or so all i cared about before was to root and debloat my tablet and install Gapps so my daughter can use it. Now no one is using it and I thought it can repurpose it to something else

shar88

Jun 14, 2014
Probably was overdue for a wipe, but went from los 12.1 to 14.1 and this thing is blazing fast again. Thanks!

Question, are the patches in post 26 not being rolled back into the official releases?

shar88

Jun 14, 2014
When I connect my device via usb and select 'Transfer files', it never mounts the device in my PC. However, if I select 'Transfer photos (PTP)' it does mount the device, but obviously only the picture folders are accessible. (read/write works).

Edit: Guess it was some weirdness that fixed itself after the tablet was rebooted.

Last edited:

klamation

Apr 28, 2011
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 920
When I connect my device via usb and select 'Transfer files', it never mounts the device in my PC. However, if I select 'Transfer photos (PTP)' it does mount the device, but obviously only the picture folders are accessible. (read/write works).

And I tried to flash that autorotate zip in twrp, twrp keeps saying the format of the zip is wrong. it opens fine on windows and downloaded it a few times.
That's curious, I've been able to mount mine running the current 14.1 build and transfer files. It took a while to find a cable that worked with it, though, as most of my microUSB cables seem to be for power only.

Litleck

Aug 14, 2017
Graniteville
I haven't tried flashing the stock Fire OS yet but I've repeated the guide to unlock the bootloader again and get TWRP installed but there is still no WiFi. I'll try anything at this point. I have noticed that there are scratches on the motherboard to flash the bootloader which I think maybe a possibility. There is also a strange buzzing sound that's audible somewhere around the chips while it's booting up. Once it's booted into the OS it's very quiet. Where could I get the stock OS to flash and see if that maybe works?
So I decided to try to fix the tablet again and switch to the stock bootloader, then updated in the amazon firmware. Even in it theres no wifi networks found. So it may be a hardware issue and I could easily get a replacement motherboard for cheap. Is there anything else I can try before doing that?

EDIT: Fixed by replacing motherboard

Last edited:

ntd252

Dec 2, 2018
I appreciate for people who still make these devices alive.
I have installed the lineage-14.1-20210117 version for my austin. It is pretty fast, but battery is not as good as 12 version.
Auto rotating feature seems not working smoothly. I have tried to reboot a few times. Right after each new boot, the feature works as intended, but after a few minutes, it doesn't.
Camera is still faulty in my device.
I hope the team can fix this problem soon in the next build.

Last edited:

avinyc

Aug 18, 2011
New York
I did a full wipe and finally switched from 12.1-20200505 to 14.1-20210117. Magisk is installed and everything is working (even netflix) but Disney plus returns the error code 39. I had the same problem on douglas (Fire HD 8), but got it to work when I added libcrypto plugin and magiskhide on that device. Not sure if both of those are what are doing the trick, but I'm leaving it alone:)

For this device (ford) still can't get passed the error code 39. I am sure this is a DRM issue and have tried many times (reboot, uninstall, delete storage) but it just doesn't want to work. If anyone else is able to get this app working, let me know if I am missing something.

Thank you!

Litleck

Aug 14, 2017
Graniteville
NEW (FORD) BOOT IMAGE PATCHED WITH BUSYBOX, BASH, FASTBOOT AN ADB OTG COMMAND SUPPORT ALL IN ONE

(STILL WITH SDCARD FIX AN QUICKBOOT)

Full - sbin/busybox link support system wide plus recovery.

MAGISK BUSYBOX PATCH & BASH ANDROID ADD-ON INSTALLER

FORD USERS.
INSTALL BOOT IMAGE (1.st)
FLASH BUSYBOX REMOVER IF INSTALLED (2.nd)
INSTALL MAGISK FIREBOX (3.rd)
OPTIONAL BUT NEEDED TO COMPLETE BASH SETUP BASH4ANDRIOD (4.th)
EXTRA
BUSYBASH PATCH ITS NEEDED IF INSTALLING BASH4ANDROID (5.th)
NEW
FOR NON-MAGISK SYSTEM (ROOT) AN SUPER SU USERS ONLY BUSYBOX-LINKER (6.th)

Flash via Twrp in the order below.

I made this up for me an thought someone may like an want it also.

Note;
IF by any chance BASH zip says permission error on data at INSTALLATION end from twrp, its ok still INSTALLED.

I'm a little confused about this, just not really sure what I need. So far I've installed LineageOS 14.1, I would like to get Magisk installed too. Would I patch the boot.img using Magisk then apply that? Or is it different?

avinyc

Aug 18, 2011
New York
I'm a little confused about this, just not really sure what I need. So far I've installed LineageOS 14.1, I would like to get Magisk installed too. Would I patch the boot.img using Magisk then apply that? Or is it different?
I think that is for the all-in-one with busybox install. If you just want magisk, download the latest apk version from github, rename it to .zip and install in TWRP. When lineage boots up, click on the magisk app and finish installing the app there.

Teknonono

Feb 4, 2021
I appreciate for people who still make these devices alive.
I have installed the lineage-14.1-20210117 version for my austin. It is pretty fast, but battery is not as good as 12 version.
Auto rotating feature seems not working smoothly. I have tried to reboot a few times. Right after each new boot, the feature works as intended, but after a few minutes, it doesn't.
Camera is still faulty in my device.
I hope the team can fix this problem soon in the next build.
Hi, you need to download the Ziona autorotate fix and magisk. For some reason when I downloaded cameraringo it gets both of my cameras to work on ford and one in Austin (I think that way round).

eric93se

Oct 23, 2013
Did a clean wipe and put 14.1 on my Ford, also put the screen rotation fix and its running well. Noticed battery life is pretty terrible and I'm playing with Greenify right now v4.7.5 (apkpure). I noticed it does put wifi to sleep after going through some of the settings.

thanks ggow! :)

Reactions: Teknonono

Syco54645

Jun 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
splra.org
OK So if you want to add more swap space it is quite easy to do so. I used my sd card partitioned to both internal and external storage so your method may vary.
  1. Shut down tablet and remove sd card and insert in to computer
  2. Use gparted to resize the fat32 partition (I did 1gb)
  3. Create a new partition in the open space that is linux swap and label it "SWAP"
  4. Insert card and boot tablet
  5. Connect to adb and issue su
  6. Run "ls -al /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.1/by-name/" and look for the item labeled "SWAP"
  7. Take the device labeled SWAP and issue "swapon <device>". For instance mine is "SWAP -> /dev/block/mmcblk1p4" so I issued "swapon /dev/block/mmcblk1p4"
  8. Issue free -m and you should see your new swap space being used
  9. Swap will not be available when rebooting so to get it to stick create a file "/system/etc/init.d/91swap" with the contents (replace <device> with your actual device)
    #!/system/bin/sh
    #Swap
    swapon <device>
    exit 0
  10. Issue "chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/91swap" or use another method to give the file permissions of rwxrxrx
Tablet is nice and snappy now. Feel free to play with the swappiness to find a value that you enjoy. Lower value is less swap usage, higher is more swap usage. The default is I believe 60.
"sysctl -w vm.swappiness=<value>"

edit: just did another one (austin vs ford) and there was no by-name for the block device. ended up using fdisk and looking for the swap partition. "fdisk -l /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmcblk1"

Last edited:
Reactions: Toki_Wartooth

jalil4341

Dec 5, 2020
hello to all of you guys and developers of this custom rom.

thank you for what ever you guys done,
please fix the few issuse which are remain spacilly Camera!!!
make the rom stable to use!
thank you.

Hig13

I feel like I must be missing something...

I've installed this rom half a dozen times and I'm still facing the same issue. sifting through this thread I haven't quite found an answer.

Problem:
  • WIFI will not connect. SSID says "Saved" underneath. Clicked on it brings a pop-up with options "Forget" "Cancel" or "Connect", when I tap "Connect" the word "Saved" disappears for a split second and comes back. No "Connecting" or "Obtaining IP" or any messages other than "Saved".

What I've done so far:
  • After getting TWRP up and running, I flashed the ROM, gapps, and magisk. Everything seemed to work fine except WIFI, so I started looking further into this thread and found the "Fixes" post. I flashed the newest wifi fix "nvram-test.zip" rebooted, and the "NVRAM" error in the list of wifi ssid's was gone, so I tried connecting to my ssid again, and it just said "Saved" and would not connect.
  • Wiped tablet in TWRP with the format option, and just to be safe, the advanced option with everything but my SD card and USB OTG checked. I installed the ROM again without anything extra except the wifi fix. Same issue.
  • Wiped again, same way, this time after flashing the ROM I let the tablet boot the system. Same issue as described, so rebooted to TWRP, flashed newest fix, wiped cache, and booted the system. Still same issue.
  • Did the same as above step, but used the older "NVram_fix_by_ziona.zip", and still seeing the same issue persist.
If I could get some help from someone that might know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing, that would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts